Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"

Go down 
+13
Jem
smithy
AK Wilks
StitchMallone
traveller1st
patinky
Theforeigner
tahoe27
Zamantha
Nachtsider
bentley
rand
morf13
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:52 pm

morf13 wrote:
As previously stated, my POI owned or rented a mobile home at 244 American Canyon Rd. It is listed as NAPA. The place was called NAPA OLYMPIA MOBIL LODGE as seen here-
Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 Olympi10

So it was classified as being in Napa. That means my POI had property in both Vallejo & Napa in 1969. But also weird is that the mailing address was in Vallejo.

Previously, a couple people mentioned that Lake Berryessa was quite a ways from Amercan Canyon. While the Lake itself may be, the Phone booth in Napa where Zodiac called from was not. As I suspected, a quick drive of only 15 minutes from the payphone used by Zodiac after Berryessa to my POI's trailer in Amercan Canyon as seen here;

Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 Napa_b10

Directions from Napa payphone to the trailer home of my suspect-

Start out going NORTHEAST on CLINTON ST toward TULOCAY ST 0.1 mi
Turn RIGHT onto SOSCOL AVE 1.7 mi
SOSCOL AVE becomes NAPA VALLEJO HWY/CA-221 S 2.7 miles
Turn LEFT onto CA-12 E/CA-29 S. 0.1 mi
Stay STRAIGHT to go onto CA-12 E/CA-29 S. Continue to follow CA-29 S. 5.4 mi
Turn LEFT onto AMERICAN CANYON RD 0.3 mi
244 AMERICAN CANYON RD is on the RIGHT

Total Travel Estimate: 15 minutes / 10.23 miles
I can see it now, my POI tells his wife he is going fishing and heads out to Berryessa. He does his "thing" then heads for a phone on the way out of town. Makes his call, then takes the 15 minute ride, which is a quick straight shot to his trailer home. There he gets cleaned up, hides any evidence, etc, then he heads back to his home & family in Vallejo and settles back in, while they are none the wiser.

Last edited by morf13 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:04 pm

These are the skills my Suspect had, note the CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS, and MATH training, certainly skills that someone like Zodiac would have especailly messing around with radians-

Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 Humble11

Last edited by morf13 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:23 pm

One other thing. Reading thru Ricardo's great piece on THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME, here-
http://www.mk-zodiac.com/TheMostDangerousGameThatTheZodiacPlayed.html
Ricardo has a piece which tells how Arthur Leigh Allen read a book in high school, THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME. Obviously, that movie/book seemd to have inspired Zodiac. Well my suspect graduated from the same class as Allen so he read that book too.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:49 pm

Any volunteers that would like to assist in looking at this man as a suspect, please PM me. I have a good amount of info on him, but I am missing a couple crucial items.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:54 pm

morf,

Here are a couple of signatures by your POI. They are both from the same document. In the top image, Jimmy has possibly block-printed his first name under his signature for clarification. I say "possibly" because it may have been written by the notary (whose signature is also in the document). In comparison with other block text written by the notary, it is likely that that she wrote "GRANTOR" and "GRANTEE" in the second image (I'm 99% sure of that). The rest of the text is written by the POI.

-tbz

Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 Ja_sig10

Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 Ja_sig11
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:06 pm

thebigZ wrote:
morf,

Here are a couple of signatures by your POI. They are both from the same document. In the top image, Jimmy has possibly block-printed his first name under his signature for clarification. I say "possibly" because it may have been written by the notary (whose signature is also in the document). In comparison with other block text written by the notary, it is likely that that she wrote "GRANTOR" and "GRANTEE" in the second image (I'm 99% sure of that). The rest of the text is written by the POI.

-tbz

Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 Ja_sig10

Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 Ja_sig11

If only the printed writing on there wasnt in all caps. No
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:00 pm

Really hard to compare to Zodiac writing. Not clear enough, and we dont know for sure the printed writing is his.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 2:57 pm

Thanks to Sean for alerting me, it turns out that my POI was previously in the air force. This brings to mind Wingwalkers at Berryessa & the bullets possibly purchased at Vandenberg AFB in the Domingos/Edwards case. Also, some indication that there were boots & a watch in the Bates case that may have come from an overseas base PX. A year or so ago, I had requested any available military records for my POI just in case he was in the service. I got a response that read in part "we have no record of a soldier by that name", based on the provided information i sent them. The problem may have been because I faxed it to them and some of the info I had may have been hard to read on the other end of the fax. Also, there was a fire at the records warehouse in 1973 that destroyed alot of military records. I just sent out a new FOIA request today.

Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 Owen_m10

By the way, just one more contradiction or backtrack by my POI. In one report he said that a quarter mile past the scene, he thought he heard a shot, but the other says a half mile. Keep in mind, he DOES NOT MENTION hearing a shot at all in the first statement given the next morning after the murders. He suddenly remembers that 3 days later in a second statement.

Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 Owenlh10
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 7:16 pm

what I'm not seeing with this POI is anything that says Z to me. Why would your POI choose a crosshair symbol? Why Zodiac? Why the Mikado and The Little List? Why would he place a pumpkin over the skeleton and than put another inside the card? Why the Pines references? Why the dates of the murders, etc., etc., etc.
Other than your speculation that spOIL = OIL, what clue of the many, many clues Z gave about his identity and interests relates to your POI's identity and interests? Did your POI have training in explosives, codes/ciphers, etc.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 7:54 pm

rand wrote:
what I'm not seeing with this POI is anything that says Z to me. Why would your POI choose a crosshair symbol? Why Zodiac? Why the Mikado and The Little List? Why would he place a pumpkin over the skeleton and than put another inside the card? Why the Pines references? Why the dates of the murders, etc., etc., etc.
Other than your speculation that spOIL = OIL, what clue of the many, many clues Z gave about his identity and interests relates to your POI's identity and interests? Did your POI have training in explosives, codes/ciphers, etc.

Please dont hijack this thread debating your POI vs mine! I dont know why Z did anything he did. He was off his rocker. You are looking at every clue & making it fit your POI. For example, you have to look at the layout of the Halloween card and look for something, make sense out of it to fit TH. I see words standing out "OIL ME"...is it a coincidence, maybe? But I dont have to look for it, it is there. Zodiac wrote "I AM MILDLY CEROUS" The word CEROUS is a chemistry term used in Petroleum production. I didnt make that up, it is what it is, its a fact. The symbol drawn on the Halloween card is a PENTENE. I clearly showed it in this thread. Another chemistry related clue....again, I didnt have to look for it, it was there. My POI was at the scene of the 1st Zodiac crime during a small 3-6 minute window when the crime happened. He had MULTIPLE discrepancies in his statements to police. Again, I didnt make it up, its there in the reports. My POI was 39 at the time of the Stine murder, and the ammended Stine sketch put Z at 35-45 years old. My POI moved into Vallejo only a few months before the murders started, after living there years before. I am in the process of getting a photo. My POI worked at Humble oil and his job required training in CHEMISTRY, PHYSICS, and MATH, all things that Z , as someone who talked about radians and maps, would likely have knowledge of. I found out today, that my POI was military, and thus likely had access to wingwalker boots (berryessa), or even the bullets used in the Domingos/Edwards case that were possibly bought at the base nearby the crime. I am currently gathering his military info.

This stuff, while all circumstantial, is quite a bit more dare I say then what you have on TH. At the very least I have something you dont, and that is his name in the police reports and at the scene of a Z crime. I also have a written letter from him to me hopefully with his prints on it. (stored for safe keeping)

You on the other hand, have a phantom, that you cant place ANYPLACE, let alone at the scene of a Z crime within minutes of it happening.

The point is, all anyone has is circumstantial evidence until they present something more to police that can be checked and verified to rule them out.

Again, I dont want to get into a big battle of suspects here, but I like my odds here of my POI being Z as compared to yours.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:36 pm

morf13 wrote:
rand wrote:

Please dont hijack this thread debating your POI vs mine!

Please stop saying that I'm hijacking your thread when I ask a simple and straightforward question: what about your POI says Z? Just because someone was near a crime scene doesn't make them a good POI. I didn't mention anything -- not a thing -- about my POI. Right? So don't suggest that I did. You have a POI, and I'm asking why you find him compelling. Simple as that. Show me where I mention my POI?
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
Nachtsider

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Jimmy was Air Force, apparently. Can anyone say Wing Walkers? Vandenberg AFB? I'd love to know more about his military career.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:32 am

Nachtsider wrote:
Jimmy was Air Force, apparently. Can anyone say Wing Walkers? Vandenberg AFB? I'd love to know more about his military career.

Me too, I sent off a new FOIA request for any existing military records.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:35 am

rand wrote:
morf13 wrote:
rand wrote:

Please dont hijack this thread debating your POI vs mine!

Please stop saying that I'm hijacking your thread when I ask a simple and straightforward question: what about your POI says Z? Just because someone was near a crime scene doesn't make them a good POI. I didn't mention anything -- not a thing -- about my POI. Right? So don't suggest that I did. You have a POI, and I'm asking why you find him compelling. Simple as that. Show me where I mention my POI?

No, you said-
"what I'm not seeing with this POI is anything that says Z to me. Why would your POI choose a crosshair symbol? Why Zodiac? Why the Mikado and The Little List? Why would he place a pumpkin over the skeleton and than put another inside the card? Why the Pines references? Why the dates of the murders, etc., etc., etc.
Other than your speculation that spOIL = OIL, what clue of the many, many clues Z gave about his identity and interests relates to your POI's identity and interests? Did your POI have training in explosives, codes/ciphers, etc."

Everything you said in the above statement says TROY H, without saying the name TROY H. So please, if you dont think this guy Jimmy is a viable Z candidate, and that Troy H was Zodiac, then why waste your time in this thread?
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:09 pm

As I said to you in a PM: My criteria for assessing POIs is the same for my POI as for everyone else's: what about them conforms to what we know about Z? What about them sheds new light on things we didn't previously understand about Z? That's why the details I provided recall what I've gathered on my POI. I think my criteria are fair and useful in sorting out the wheat from the chaff. And it wouldn't be fair of me to use certain criteria to evaluate my POI, and different criteria to evaluate others' POIs.

Btw, I'm interested in your POI. I just want to push you and give you an opportunity to make the case in a short summary to this point.

Along the lines of pushing you on this, I do have one question that I think should be considered. Your guy was interviewed by LE about LH and can be placed at the scene. So why would he, if he was Z, tell LE after BRS that he was also responsible for this double murder, which occurred many months prior to BRS and was not connected to BRS? Indeed, some to this day don't believe that Z was responsible for LH (which was not even depicted in the Fincher movie, fwiw). So why would your POI, knowing that he had been interviewed about LH and could be placed at the scene, put this crime in the Zodiac mix? It doesn't make sense to me.

Having studied this case for years, I'm fairly confident that Z wanted desperately not to get caught. He was smart about that and seems to have been extremely careful not to leave much of himself behind at the crime scenes. So it stands to reason, IMO, that he would not link himself to a crime that police had interviewed him about and that he could be placed at the scene.

You might respond: sure, that's why he waited many months later to kill again. True, but if the point is to put distance between the two crimes so that they won't be associated with each other, why make a phone call to LE telling them that you're also responsible for the LH murders? Why kill in Vallejo again?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:04 pm

By the time he killed in Vallejo the 2nd time, they now knew there was a serial killer loose there. He could have never said anything, but I am sure the police would have suspected a connection anyway. After that we have attacks in NAPA & SAN FRAN, and lots of letters mailed from SF area. My opinion is he at that point wanted to take the investigation away from Vallejo
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 5:50 pm

You're right, of course, that they would have suspected the two cases were connected. But to this day, many people still believe that the two cases aren't related. If your guy was, in fact, Z and he used the logic that you suggest, then he was a bit premature and rash in his conclusions. The connection (if indeed the two were connected) wasn't an obvious one -- e.g., which would have been the case had he used the same weapon for both murders.

I think Z took credit for the crimes because he thought that LE MIGHT NOT link the two, and he wanted credit for both (whether he committed LH or not). But he would not have been so zealous to take credit for LH had he been interviewed by LE and placed at the scene of the crime. It's something someone like Z (or any other serial killer) would ONLY do if they knew LE didn't have a clue re his identity or whereabouts and had no connection between him and the crime.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 4:10 am

Hey Morf---Lyndon Lafferty was in the same class @ VHS as Owen....maybe Zamantha can see if he has an old yearbook! I have been looking with no luck.

Zam? Any chance?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 8:40 am

tahoe27 wrote:
Hey Morf---Lyndon Lafferty was in the same class @ VHS as Owen....maybe Zamantha can see if he has an old yearbook! I have been looking with no luck.
Zam? Any chance?

I have a photo of Owen from the 1949 yearbook. It is part of a group shot, and not taken very close. In the 1950 yearbook his senior year, there is no photo of him in the yearbook. He has brown hair sort of pompadour style, looks a bit stocky, but not clear enough to give great detail.

As far as Lyndon Lafferety goes, LL claims that he was good friends with Owen back in school, and that I have an "active imagination" for considering Owen a suspect. LL said that Owen could never be a killer, and that he didnt look like Z. I asked him (thru Zamantha)to see any photo he may have had of Owen, or to see any salutation that Owen may have written in LL's yearbook, but LL refused. So that's that.

I respect LL as a law enforcement officer. But a couple things that make me take what he says about Owen with a grain of salt, is that first off LL has Grant as a suspect, which think would skewer his opinions a little bit on Owen as a suspect. Secondly, LL was friends with Owen, so he may be a little too personally involved with him to look at Owen objectively. And lastly, LL said Owen didnt look like Z. But the Z murders happened 19 years after graduation. I dont know about anyone else, but me personally, I look nothing like I did 20 years ago in High School, so that argument doesnt hold much water with me.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 8:43 am

tahoe27 wrote:

Zam? Any chance?

Those yearbooks from 1949-1951 for Vallejo HS are pretty hard to find. I too have been looking. I think everyone bought them up to see if ALA wrote anything of interest in them. But we also have to remember that LL, Owen, ALA, and some of the Vallejo cops all went to the school at the same time. Alot of the players in the Z world in the same place at the same time. PS TAHOE, check your pm inbox
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Yes, those yearbooks are hard to find. 1957 is the oldest I can view.

You want to know how a lot of murderers get away with it? Because they don't come across to family, friends and neighbors as such.

Unfortunately, the calls come in from people who suspect the wrong folks--because they are a little "off". Not that they shouldn't be considered of course, but, ask those around BTK, GRK, Bundy....etc. "No couldn't be him"!!
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:44 pm

tahoe27 wrote:

Zam? Any chance?

Yeah, I once asked him this question, if he could dig out the yearbook. I will ask again, as Sandy an I are planning a visit with him in the near future! I always look forward to seeing LL as he's one of the greatest guys, very honest, very knowledgeable I'll have to ask him to meet us at Kinko's to scan the yearbook :-)
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 8:37 pm

Zamantha wrote:
tahoe27 wrote:

Zam? Any chance?

Yeah, I once asked him this question, if he could dig out the yearbook. I will ask again, as Sandy an I are planning a visit with him in the near future! I always look forward to seeing LL as he's one of the greatest guys, very honest, very knowledgeable I'll have to ask him to meet us at Kinko's to scan the yearbook :-)

Would love to see what his Buddy Jimmy wrote to him in the yearbook, especially if it was hand printed instead of in cursive.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:47 pm

I thought that this guy was still alive? How come you're able to use his last name?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:59 pm

rand wrote:
I thought that this guy was still alive? How come you're able to use his last name?

Because his name is already in the public eye, and is common knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"   Morf13's POI,  "JIMMY" - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Morf13's POI, "JIMMY"
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: