Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman

Go down 
+25
Quicktrader
zodio
Jem
tracers
StitchMallone
Luke68
kirkham
bruce3
Dice
In Bonus Fides
MAZZY
Zamantha
Nin
Azazel
Nachtsider
entropy
bentley
Quagmire
Theforeigner
Drew
sandy betts
morf13
rand
tahoe27
AK Wilks
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:31 pm

You can just say 'I talked to a Z case researcher and he said the murder took place on July 5'. BTW you are right as Z wrote 7 4 69 so I rely on that for his mindset.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:52 pm

I just had another exchange with this certain Z researcher, and I think it shows why this case is enough to send one to an early grave.
This researcher said he wanted to see my 50 items. So I sent them. The fourth item was that Z had a large face. This researcher replied: "I started to read all of your 50 items but stopped when you claimed Zodiac was said to have a large face. Where did you get that?"

I said that Mageau claimed that the only thing unusual about Z's face was that it was large. Here's the police report page where he says it twice:
http://www.zodiackiller.com/DFR10.html

This researcher responded: "Mageau only saw his face in profile while being shot, obviously he was not in a position to determine if the shooter had a large face. Yet you use something so sketchy as part of your 50 points? That's why I stopped reading. Mageau was in no position to determine the size of Zodiac's face considering he only saw it in profile while being shot with a bright light shined in his face. How about make a list that doesn't contain a bunch of bullshit."

So this researcher has dismissed my case now and not even bothered to read my list of items that connect TH to Z because:
1) BRS occurred on July 5th, not July 4th. So, he claims, I am obviously a dumbass who conveniently tailors the "facts" to fit my case. Nevermind that Z himself put the date of BRS as July 4th. It's obvious that I don't care a wit about the details of the case.

2) I said that Z had a large face because one of the very few eyewitnesses said that the only thing unusual about Z's face was that it was large. Nevermind that I told this researcher that I couldn't care less about the size of Z's face and that I'd be happy to dismiss this claim altogether. I'm obviously delusional and guilty of deception.

So how can we ever get to the bottom of this matter and have a civil discussion when people call you "delusional" on a public website and then, when you try to respond, they dismiss you for stating falsehoods that are, in fact, not falsehoods or misleading at all. Quite the opposite. Imagine how such a person will respond to my claims about the Halloween Card? I can't prove anything that I'm saying. All I can do is present a credible case and let others decide for themselves. But if this is the way they treat the things I present, how can one ever make a case. It's clearly a kangaroo court. One wonders why we bother at all wasting our time trying to present interesting insights about this case.

"

Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:13 pm

I guess for me Rand, I just don't know why you are writing him at all. ?? We all know how you feel about him, so, WHY? I don't get it.

Aside of name calling, (which I never stated there was any). I just feel it's inappropriate to share private emails between ANYONE, unless it's openly approved--which Tom might very well do.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:19 pm

I didn't mention anyone's name above, so you shouldn't either: it's just guesswork on your part. But, as it turns out, you were correct that trying to have a civil exchange with certain researchers is a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
tracers
Chief
tracers

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:30 pm

I too have some exchanges with some various Z researchers that i had wanted to post on the board, but wasn't sure how to go about it, due to the rule on not mentioning other boards, no board wars, etc. Now I see that if we don't mention the person's name and just refer to them as "a zodiac researcher" we can post the info without violating the rules. Glad that got clarified.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:34 pm

I dont think there is a probelm with posting things that have also been posted elsewhere, or sharing ideas or materials that have been shared on other forums. As long as there are no alterior motives that would cause friction, bad blood, hard feelings for anybody, etc. The main point of the rule is to keep inter-forum games, and disputes out of here.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:39 pm

Frankly, Tracers, I'm done with this whole thing. If I had any brains, I would just move on and never think about any of this ever again. I've never seen anything like the vitriol that some people spew out, the disrespect, the total lack of civility that comes with trying to research and post findings on this case. You get called names on public websites where you can't even respond. Then when you respond in what I believe was an incredibly tame way (no name calling and no disrespect), you get more crap thrown at you. I've turned the other cheek time and time again only to get slapped down. It's truly the most disheartening and dispiriting experience by far that I've ever dealt with. It's ruined far too many of my days already. And for what?
All of which is not to impugn the motives or behavior of the vast majority -- virtually all -- of people on this website. But one or two bad apples have indeed ruined the barrel for me.
Back to top Go down
tracers
Chief
tracers

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Ok, Morf, thanks! So it is okay to mention ideas and such from people at other boards as long as it is case-based?

I do think posting other people's emails is wrong, as those are private exchanges, not public ones. Same goes for private messages, IM's etc. But that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:46 pm

tracers wrote:
Ok, Morf, thanks! So it is okay to mention ideas and such from people at other boards as long as it is case-based?

I do think posting other people's emails is wrong, as those are private exchanges, not public ones. Same goes for private messages, IM's etc. But that's just my opinion.

I agree with you on this, same with people's PM's, unless you have their direct permission.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:49 pm

For the record (and just for the record), I didn't mention anyone's full name. I mentioned a very popular first name. This was in response to my being called "delusional" on a website. I think context matters in this case. But don't worry, now that I know the rules, I'll follow them. But I don't expect to be posting much anymore (I hear your applause).
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:50 pm

rand wrote:
You get called names on public websites where you can't even respond. Then when you respond in what I believe was an incredibly tame way (no name calling and no disrespect), you get more crap thrown at you.

RAND, If you think you have been attacked or belittled, etc on another forum or site, I feel for you, I truly do, as it has happened to me before. But this is NOT the place to address it. Since the beginning, I have stated that this forum will NOT be engaged in the games, and other bad blood that we have seen in the past. Try to rise above it.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:56 pm

My reasoning was very straightforward: this person (who goes by collinsmix) was commenting on the posts that I make on THIS site. So I figured that we should have a discussion about my "delusions" here, where I can respond. I said that I wanted a civil discussion, which I'm happy to have with anyone about anything I've posted. Please believe me that I didn't want games or a badblood exchange, if that could be avoided. I wanted a hard-boiled exchange on what I've presented and what in particular is delusional about it. I didn't realize that it is possible that this person can read this website but not post (is that true?). I thought that if you could read posts here, you could also make posts. I still welcome any and all comments -- I don't care how much they disagree with what I've said. All the better, in my view. I just want to have an honest and informative exchange about my POI, esp. with those who are unconvinced but nevertheless seem to be reading what I'm posting.

If and where my logic is faulty, I want to know, honestly.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:04 pm

rand wrote:
My reasoning was very straightforward: this person (who goes by collinsmix) was commenting on the posts that I make on THIS site. So I figured that we should have a discussion about my "delusions" here, where I can respond. I said that I wanted a civil discussion, which I'm happy to have with anyone about anything I've posted. Please believe me that I didn't want games or a badblood exchange, if that could be avoided. I wanted a hard-boiled exchange on what I've presented and what in particular is delusional about it. I didn't realize that it is possible that this person can read this website but not post (is that true?). I thought that if you could read posts here, you could also make posts. I still welcome any and all comments -- I don't care how much they disagree with what I've said. All the better, in my view. I just want to have an honest and informative exchange about my POI, esp. with those who are unconvinced but nevertheless seem to be reading what I'm posting.

If and where my logic is faulty, I want to know, honestly.

I understand your reasoning, but again, if somebody wants to cause issues at another forum and hide behind a different screen name there and not use the name they use at this forum, then so be it. If they had the balls they would debate you, or disagree out in the open on this forum, and give you a chance to respond. Let it go.
Back to top Go down
tracers
Chief
tracers

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:06 pm

I think the July 4th vs July 5th aspect is a subject that could lead to some interesting debate. Rand, would you be able to make a thread for this in the Darlene Mike section? That way more people will likely read the post and respond. I know a number of people who avoid specific POI threads altogether.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Great suggestion. Sure. I'll do it right away.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:13 pm

tracers wrote:
I think the July 4th vs July 5th aspect is a subject that could lead to some interesting debate. Rand, would you be able to make a thread for this in the Darlene Mike section? That way more people will likely read the post and respond. I know a number of people who avoid specific POI threads altogether.

Tracers, very good point. Some people think that Suspect or POI threads are biased towards a person's suspect, and some people just dont have interest in suspects/POI's, so making a generic post in the Ferrin/Mageau sectionmay gather more interest and input.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:34 pm

For the record, this is the list I compiled that I sent to a certain researcher. For the record, I never said that Z having a large face and TH having a large face was "rock solid evidence that TH was Z." Quite the opposite. I said it is a miniscule point; if someone takes issue with Z having a large face (though Mageau said he did in the police report and he's one of the few people that we know saw Z), it means nothing to me. I said it matters so little to my case, that I would happily agree to entirely dismiss Mageau's claim that "the only thing unusual about Z's face was that it was large." It is an incredibly minor part of the list. It just happens to be near the top because I start with physical characteristics. Yet, a certain researcher claimed that he didn't get any farther down the list because he was so certain that no one had ever claimed that Z had a large face, so I must be simply making things up in my zealousness to make a bogus case against TH. Absurd but entirely predictable. This researcher said the same thing with respect to my claim that BRS was a July 4th murder. For the record, I don't have a boss: I'm a full professor.

TROY HOUGHTON LINKS TO Z

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Troyho11

Z WAS DESCRIBED AS HAVING A LARGE FACE:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Th111

Z WAS DESCRIBED AS WEARING HIS HAIR IN A POMPADOUR

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Th212

Z WAS DESCRIBED AS HAVING A LARGE CHIN, SMALL NOSE:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Hought52

Z WAS DESCRIBED AS WEARING BLACK PLEATED PANTS:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Th411

Z WAS DESCRIBED AS HAVING A POT-BELLY STOMACH:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Hought47

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Hought48

Z WAS DESCRIBED AS HAVING ACNE ON HIS NECK AND CHIN:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Hought49

Z WAS DESCRIBED AS HAVING A MONOTONE VOICE:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Hought50

TH shot out the tires of a woman's car in 1964; Z talked about shooting out the tires of a school bus.

TH liked the Mikado (very good source for this)

TH targeted young girls to flash; Z talked about targeting "kiddies"

TH was written about in a nationally syndicated column with Little List in the title

The MM were compared to G&S in a series of articles on the MM in the Arizona Republic in 1968. DePugh thought this expose was important enough to respond to with a letter when he was a fugitive in NM.

TH was speaking at the Jolly Roger Inn, CA when guns were drawn and this incident appeared in the LA Times and other papers. Z sent a Jolly Roger greeting card.

TH's wife and father-in-law owned art supply companies; the MM did their own publishing

TH was convicted twice of flashing. The image on the HC is, IMO, of a flasher

The by gun, by knife, by rope, by fire image forms a tH. The MM decal has by knife, by rope, by fire and a crosshair symbol. By fire: Houghton committed arson at age 14. His lawyer died in a fire after failing to get him an
appeal -- a lawyer who TH claimed sold him up the river

TH had a class A license in explosives. He owned a company called Trojan Mining and Blasting Co.

A mysterious letter was sent after CJB murder from a Patricia Hautz...Troy HAUGHTON.

In The Minutemen, Harry wrote: "Houghton sported a button on his coat reading 'S.O.B.' -- for 'Sweep Out Brown.'"
So TH wore snarky buttons, while Z insisted people wear his button and spoke of silly buttons like Melvin Eats Bluber

TH was a member of the White Knights of the KKK. A Dragon is portrayed on the original KKK flag (Dragon card). The Good Citizen was a KKK publication. 5 of the 7 elements of the KKK are water, hood, robe, sword, cross (represented as a Celtic cross in a circle). All elements present at LB. The other two are god and country.

The MM decal talks about a poison pen. The dripping-pen card may be a poison pen letter.

Most of the murders were committed on days and/or in places that are symbolic of the Revolutionary period.

TH talked about 13 bullet holes in his car. The postcard has 13 holes punched in it.

The MM flag was a Betsy Ross flag with 13 stars. 13 eyes on the HC.

The FBI suspected the Minutemen were in the hills in Deer Lodge MT when the escaped Deer Lodge convicts were up there as well. Z claimed to be an escaped convict from Deer Lodge prison.

The MM were trained in codes, ciphers, mail deception, letters to the editor, making bombs, how to use a rifle, and other guerilla tactics. All of these are consistent with what we know about Z.

TH had a shortwave radio in his office that he relied upon for his safety. (THIS IS THE ZODIAC SPEAKING).

TH was a regional coordinator for the Minutemen. Z placed a clock-stamp on the envelope of the Exorcist letter:
http://www.zodiackiller.com/ExorcistEnvelope.html

TH's name can be found in the 408; and when we use the anonymously sent code key, the last 19 letters of the cipher (which includes the signature crosshair symbol) are an anagram for: ROBERT DEPEW: IT IS ME, TH.

The Minutemen(crosshair symbol) fits the My Name Is cipher in terms of letter and symbol distribution.

Z put 13 eyes on the inside of the HC. TH was featured in LOOK magazine.

TH says in the Look article in 1966 that he and the MM were apolitical -- beyond politics, which had let them down too many times to care about anymore.

TH was on the front page and pages of the LA Times dozens of times. Z said that he was writing to the LA Times because they don't bury him on the back pages like some of the others.

TH said right before he disappeared that he had a list of people who would be murdered.

TH was arrested on a concealed weapons charge and a Federal weapons charge for using a silencer.

TH was accused of harrassing Mosk, who in response to these and other MM activities introduced a bill to ban mail-order guns in CA. The bill was successful. Z talked about acquiring one of his guns prior to the mail-order ban.

The MM put decals of a crosshair on cars. Z put a crosshair and wrote on Hartnell's door.

TH drove a beatup white car. Z was said to be driving a light-colored or white car; there were four different tires on his car at LB.

The San Diego Honeymoon murders seem very similiar to Z's murders. TH lived in San Diego.

CJB's murder occurred on the very night when a large MM bust occurred in NY. A watch (Minute man) was found at the scene. The teletyped letter reads very much like the MM decal (Harry noticed this). TH was most probably in LA with DePugh that afternoon at a MM fundraiser. The CJB murder and the MM bust appeared together on the front pages of the Southern California newspapers.

TH was booked for malicious destruction of property for clipping out two pages from a library book in 1966.
CJB was murdered when she left the RCC library in 1966.

In July 1969, Belli represented a murderer (the trunk murderer) who had gone underground using a fake identity for over 35 years, and this appeared in all the California newspapers, esp. Bay Area ones.
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img96/6051/houghtonbellifugitive19.jpg
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img651/6051/houghtonbellifugitive19.jpg

Belli was also Jack Ruby's lawyer. The MM were implicated in the JFK assassination TH said he immediately went underground after the assassination. Oswald himself mentioned the MM several times in his writings.

Eleven days after the JFK assassination, a letter postmarked Lancaster CA was sent to Dallas that looks very much like a Z letter: http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/04/0403-002.gif
Houghton's right-hand man, Dennis Mower, lived in Lancaster, CA. JFK can be seen in the backwards letters in the Diablo code.

And while the TH handwriting is inconclusive because it's cursive and Z didn't write much in cursive, there are some very compelling, IMO, comparisons:

Haughton's TH
Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Haught20

TH from Bates Letter:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Bates10

Troy's T with distinctive curl at the end:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Haught18

The R in Riverside on the Hautz envelope with distinctive curl at the end:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Newbat12

This is from this envelope

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Zodiac12
Another very odd and characteristic similarity is that Troy makes his t's without crossing them. He comes back at the end of the word and crosses it.

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Haught19

Notice that in the Hautz envelope, the writer started Enterprise but then crossed it out. The t was made just as Troy makes it: a loop but there is no cross, as if that would be made at the end of the word coming back.

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Zodiac13

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 On_tar12

THE POISON PEN:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Zodiac14

THE GUN, THE ROPE, THE KNIFE

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Zodiac14

THE FIRE

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Hought31

LIBRARY CRIMES AND RH:

Cheri Jo Bates was murdered on Oct. 30, 1966. The MM had a huge bust in NYC that afternoon and Troy and DePugh were in LA earlier in the day. Bates was murdered outside Riverside Community College Library, where she had been before meeting her killer. Houghton was arrested in 1966 for tearing out pages of a library book.

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Hought32

The Riverside Desktop Poem, found by a janitor months afterwards, is signed rh. Obviously, h could be for Houghton. What's the r? Z signed a letter in 1971, the Red Phantom (red with rage). Could the r be red with rage? Could it mean red with rage Houghton? I assume that writing on the underside of a library desktop would also qualify as malicious destruction of property.

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Zpoem12

GREETING CARDS:

Here is a letter written to Troy Houghton in 1965. Notice Cook, the sender, says: "your 'greeting card' has stimulated my curiousity"

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Letter12

Like Z, Troy used Greeting Cards in his mailings. This is very odd, though I know you don't agree. I did a search of 10s of thousands of FBI documents, and the only greeting card was sent by Troy Houghton. Greeting cards are sent all the time. But both Zodiac and Houghton sent greeting cards for reasons that had nothing to do with holidays, illness, sympathy, birthdays, etc. That is odd. Here is Troy's greeting card:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Minute16

The significance of Z's claim that the LA Times "don't bury me on the back pages like some of the others"

In the March 13, 1971 letter to the LA Times (click here: http://www.zodiackiller.com/LATimesLetter.html ), Z said that he was writing to the LA Times because "they don't bury me on the back pages like some of the others." During my research of the Minutemen in the newspaper archives, I've noticed that The LA Times featured many stories -- far and away the most stories of any newspaper -- about Houghton (virtually anything he did that was mildly newsworthy) and the Minutemen. The Bay Area papers ignored both Houghton and the Minutemen; and when they did run stories about them, they were buried on the back pages. Everyone thinks that Z's comment about burying him in the back pages was a complaint about not getting coverage for his activities. But this makes no sense: the Bay Area papers gave the Zodiac far more coverage than any other newspapers in the country (for good reason). So there's been lots of discussion about what Z could have meant by this strange statement that the LA Times "don't bury him on the back pages." The confusion arises from the assumption that Z was a nobody in his everyday life. Once that preconception is jettisoned, the seemingly odd statement seems to be a clue that Z was known not just for being Zodiac but for his everyday identity. I think it's Houghton pointing out that the LA Times covers his exploits more than any other paper.

The Necessary "Montana Connection":
From the LA Times, Paul Coates, "New Revere On Horseback," Oct. 5, 1965: "Haughton suggest that members could obtain 'survival' books from a firm called Pilgrims Torch in Colorado. He said that Poor Richard's Book Shop in Hollywood had moved to Montana during the recent Watts riot and had taken all their material with them." Montana is important because, when Z killed Shepard and stabbed Hartnell at Lake Berryessa, he claimed to be an escaped prisoner from Deer Lodge Prison in Montana (here's Hartnell's interview soon after the attack where he mentions this: http://www.zodiackiller.com/HartnellInterview2.html ). So Z would have had to be somewhat familiar with Montana. The move of Poor Richard's Book Shop and Houghton's mention of this in 1965, provide a significant connection between Houghton and Montana.

More important: Z mentioned that he was an escaped convict from Deer Lodge prison in July 1969. So I research it, and voila: there were 12 escaped convicts from Deer Lodge in July 1968. They were all returned, but there was still an armed mystery man in the mountains. The FBI suspects that the mystery man or men in the mountains -- who clubbed a woman on the head, stole her car, ammo, and three high-powered rifles -- was a Minuteman or Minutemen. Why would Z say he was an escaped convict from, of all places, Deer Lodge prison? It makes little sense, unless he was in the mountains when they escaped. Z's own words got me researching Deer Lodge escapees. And then the research leads directly to (of all the groups and people in the world) the Minutemen. Just another coincidence, I suppose.

The Citizen Card, May 8, 1974: A Clue to Z's "Minuteman identity":
Back: http://www.zodiackiller.com/CitizenCard1.html
Front: http://www.zodiackiller.com/CitizenCard2.html
Notice Zodiac chose a Samuel Adams stamp for the Citizen letter (the signature, "a citizen," also smacks of the Revolutionary period). The purpose of Paul Revere's famous "Midnight Ride" from Boston to Lexington was to warn John Hancock and Samuel Adams of the movements of the British Army, which was beginning a march from Boston to Lexington, ostensibly to arrest Hancock and Adams and seize the weapons stores in Concord. And, get this: Adams was born on the September 27, the same date as the murder at Lake Berryessa/Monticello. And Paul Revere died May 10, 1818. The Citizen Letter was sent on May 8, 1974.

TROY HOUGHTON WAS, IMO, A FUGITIVE WHO WENT UNDERGROUND. WAS Z UNDERGROUND?

Little List letter: Z made this line up. Why?
As someday it may happen that a victom must be found. I've got a little list. I've got a little list, of society offenders who might well be underground who would never be missed who would never be missed.

Examiner letter:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Examin11

BusBomb Letter, p. 3:

+ I said yes there was this man who was runnig by waveing a gun & the cops peeled rubber + went around the corner as I directed them + I disappeared into the park a block + a half away never to be seen again.

FROM ONE ARTICLE IN LOOK MAGAZINE IN JULY 1967

1. TALKS IN A TONELESS VOICE. IS ECCENTRIC AND PARANOID TO THE POINT OF TAPE RECORDING THE INTERVIEWER.

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Hought34

2. HAS A SHORTWAVE RADIO CONSTANTLY BUZZING IN THE BACKGROUND. IT'S HIS LIFELINE. THIS IS TROY HOUGHTON SPEAKING. THIS IS THE ZODIAC SPEAKING. ALSO, TELETYPE MACHINE RE ENTERPRISE LETTER COULD HAVE BEEN CONNECTED TO HIS SHORTWAVE RADIO (COMMON TO DO THIS).

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Haught21

3. TALKS ABOUT CARRYING RIFLES AND GUNS WITH SILENCERS IN HIS BRIEFCASE

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Hought35

4. HOUGHTON AND JFK CONNECTION. THE ARTICLE, WHICH APPEARED IN 1967, SHOWS HOUGHTON STILL OBSESSED WITH PARANOIA ABOUT JFK ASSASSINATION.

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Haught22

THE DIABLO CODE HAS LETTERS JFK BACKWARDS

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Diablo11

5. 13 BULLET HOLES

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Troy211

13 EYES. EYES=LOOK (MAGAZINE)

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Hc114

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 13hole12

ALL IN JUST ONE LOOK MAGAZINE ARTICLE ON TROY HOUGHTON Suspect

In his November 11, 1966 testimony, Troy Houghton said he had automatic weapons but did not keep them in the house. He kept them in the High Sierras, so if his house was searched they wouldn't be found.[/size]

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Pinesc11

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Z_pine10

Here is the label from Minutemen Survival Tabs (DePugh, the leader invented them in 1964 and the label remains the same as it was in the 1960s).

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Surviv10

Here's the photo of the Minutemen terror sign from 1968 in Arizona:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Minute17

Here is an interesting 1965 MinutemanBulletin. Does it appear that there is a flashlight above the rifle on page 2?

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Mm_dec12

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Mm_dec14

HERE IS AN UNCONFIRMED Z LETTER FROM 1971:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Zodiac20

COMPARE THE CODE WITH MINUTEMEN CODE FROM FBI DOCUMENT:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Code_m11

troy H

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Hought12

DAYS OF THE MURDERS: SIGNIFICANCE TO MM AND TH

The MM were very into dates. They always planned events on Patriotic days.

1) DEC 20: 4 years to the day that TH shot out tires of woman's car. The day before Troy Jr.'s 13th birthday.
2) JULY 4: obvious Patriotic Day.
3) SEPT 27: 3 days prior to TH's birthday, which fell on a Tuesday in 1969
4) OCT 11. - Bettie Houghton's birthday (his wife)

Zodiac wrote letters to the editor, but didn't give his actual identity (obviously).
Minutemen were instructed to do likewise:
Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Minute11

CLUES TO TROY HOUGHTON'S IDENTITY ON HALLOWEEN CARD:
1. Right index finger points to TH; left hand points down to ME
2. FLASHER IMAGE/PEEK-A-BOO
3. HC SYMBOL = composed of FL (flasher); 4 dots for FOUR TEENs he flashed
3. 13 EYES = LOOK MAGAZINE: 13 BULLET HOLES IN HIS CAR.
4. 4-TEEN = 4 TEENAGE GIRLS FLASHED
5. PARADISE SLAVES FIGURE - COMPOSED OF a small t, and large H for TROY HOUGHTON; AND
6. CONTAINS BY GUN, BY KNIFE, BY ROPE, SAME AS MM DECAL WITH CROSSHAIR SYMBOL; TH CONVICTED OF ARSON AT AGE 14 (BY FIRE).
7. ZODIAC DREW A Z AND A CROSSHAIR SYMBOL ON THE CARD, FIRST TIME HE DID THAT. WHY? BECAUSE HE WAS TELLING EVERYONE THAT THE CROSSHAIR SYMBOL HAD ANOTHER MEANING FOR HIM; ONE OTHER THAN THE ZODIAC. AND WHAT WAS THAT OTHER MEANING? THE MINUTEMEN, WHICH IT WAS ORIGINALLY INTENDED TO SIGNIFY. HE GOT COLD FEET, HOWEVER, AND QUICKLY CAME UP WITH THE ZODIAC AS AN IDENTITY TO MISDIRECT AWAY FROM THE MINUTEMEN.
[/quote]

Last edited by rand on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jem
Lieuntenant

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 2:15 am

Thank you, Rand, for this very good summary of your case for TH = Zodiac! He looks like a reasonably good suspect to me.

What I'd like to see now is a list of the major arguments against TH = Z and your responses to those arguments. Don't have to list every little thing, just the major stuff. Would really appreciate it if you could do this!
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 2:49 am

Thanks, Jem. I don't have any arguments against him; I suppose others do. The main problem is that he was allegedly murdered in April 1967 by Robert DePugh. I've punched many holes in the many different stories about TH's alleged death. I believe that TH did precisely what he said he was going to do before he disappeared: he went underground. It's a very long and complicated story, and I'd rather avoid going into all the details again here. The problem is that, even if you believe he went underground, it means you can't place him anywhere after April 1967. Many want a suspect placed in Vallejo or the Bay Area. Obviously, I can't do that with TH. But I believe that TH's alleged murder (fake death) fits perfectly with what we know about Z. Z said he was collecting slaves for the afterlife. If TH was presumed dead and he was Z, well...he was in an "afterlife" of sorts when he was murdering people. Z also spoke of society's offenders going underground.
The bottom line for me is that everything we know about Z and many things we didn't understand fit TH and make sense when TH is the POI.
I'll tell this recent story one more time because I think it's an exemplar of what I mean. All the dates of the murders made sense for TH except one: Oct. 11th. I didn't have a good reason for it. So, a few months ago -- and roughly 2 years into researching Troy Houghton as Z -- I asked Seagull, what was Troy's wife's birthday (Bettie Houghton)? Seagull wrote back: Oct. 11th!!!!!! I picked one person, Bettie Houghton, and asked what her birthday was and BINGO! it was the day I was looking for. The odds of her birthday being Oct. 11th are 1 in 365. I'm not that lucky. The reason her birthday fit the day I was looking for is because TH was Z. There is no doubt in my mind. All you have to do is look at all the coincidences; they just can't all be coincidences.

I spoke with TH's best friend, and here's what he told me (ask yourself if this fits Z):
1) Houghton had a low, controlled voice
2) he was highly disciplined and didn't like procrastinators, that is, people who"fiddled and farted around"
3) He was raised Catholic and went to Mass (Christmass)
4) he disappeared for weeks at a time and always had a gun and handcuffs in his car
5) He was fascinated by ciphers, absolutely obsessed
6) obsessed with ammonium nitrate as an explosive to make bombs: always talked about it
7) he constantly talked to his friend about taping a pencil light to the barrel of his gun; told him how, if you shot at the dark circle, you could hit your target
8. He was absolutely obsessed with paper. Talked about paper all the time, especially Dissolvo paper (a vegetable paper that dissolves in water). Here's the link: http://www.shopwiki.com/_Dissolving-Spy-Paper?o=242180648&s=90111
Wrote and kept files on Dissolvo paper. His step-father owned a printing company.
9) Had a teletype machine with his shortwave radio
10) he had a specific kind of walk; a shuffle. He walked on the balls of his feet and his hips would stay very even; TH's walk and voice were very specific to his identity
11) TH was obsessed with aliases and blending into a crowd. Knew how not to draw attention to himself
12) spoke about Zodiac symbols; specifically, talked about his wife Bettie in those terms; something about Scorpio and Libra
13) was turned off by religion. Disliked religious fanatics.
14) he was raised by a controlling mother; TH's arson was a sexual acting out
15) he thinks that TH was left-handed but would print with his right hand if he didn't want to be identified by his handwriting
16) He hated the press and he hated LE.
17) talked about and taught how to disguise your fingerprints with nail polish

Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:00 am

Just a few more items I forgot to add to the list:

Z wrote on Hartnell's door
CJB's car was disabled
Kathleen John's tire was loosened

TH ARRESTED FOR TAMPERING WITH CARS:
Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Hought20

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Z408_s12

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Z408a12
Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Z408_s11
Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Z408_a10

Back to top Go down
Jem
Lieuntenant

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:22 am

Thanks, Rand! More interesting stuff.

So the major objection to TH as Z was that he supposedly died before the Z crimes. Well, people do sometimes fake their own deaths, so that really isn't a good reason to rule him out if there's evidence that he might have done that. Maybe you could post a link to the page where you give your best arguments that TH was actually not killed, if there is such a page here or on another site. If they're basically all in one part of this thread. Otherwise, I'll read from the beginning. Will take probably a long while, but I really want to know.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:53 am

1967 CALIFORNIA PATRIOTIC PARTY NEWSLETTER- THAT IS, TROY HOUGHTON'S NEWSLETTER

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Mm_cal12

LEAVE YOUR FAMILY FOREVER. This is what I believe TH did: gave up his family and made the ultimate sacrifice by being an underground guerrilla warrior for the MM cause.

HERE IS ANOTHER CLUE FROM Z THAT HE FAKED HIS DEATH. THE ECHO FROM THE SUICIDE"S GRAVE:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Zodiac19

Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 12:08 pm

Jem: on p. 39 of this thread, I give my reasons why TH was not dead. Also, check out the bottom of p. 16 through p. 17.

Notice in this article that TH took MM participants to Mexican border (Z said at LB that he was going to Mexico). Also note that TH hid weapons in High Sierras (Z placed "Sierra Club" on Pines postcard):

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Hought10

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Z_pine11
Back to top Go down
Jem
Lieuntenant

PostSubject: A new man?   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:21 am

Here's something you might consider. The "My name is - " cipher (A E N + 8 K 8 M 8 L N A M) - maybe it really was meant to say Alfred E. Neuman. This is what I've thought ever since seeing it. Apparently, no one else thinks so, because of the N = F and M, but it's so obvious to me. Mainly because I think probably just about anyone would think that on first sight. Z would realize that people would think that's what he meant and, considering he misspelled words in previous letters, would expect everyone to assume he had simply made a mistake.

NEUMAN --> homophone for, and same derivation as, NEWMAN --> NEW MAN.

Also, Alfred E. Neuman's face has been made to resemble caricatures of tons of different people --> identity change?

Thanks for mentioning the relevant pages, Rand! Will read soon.

Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 8:32 am

Interesting, Jem. A. E. Neuman would make sense for the My Name Is solution. Very Z-like and the New-man is clever. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next