Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman

Go down 
+25
Quicktrader
zodio
Jem
tracers
StitchMallone
Luke68
kirkham
bruce3
Dice
In Bonus Fides
MAZZY
Zamantha
Nin
Azazel
Nachtsider
entropy
bentley
Quagmire
Theforeigner
Drew
sandy betts
morf13
rand
tahoe27
AK Wilks
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rand
Chief
rand

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 6:19 pm

This is from a Minutemen poster about DePugh giving a talk in LA on the same day that CJB was murdered, Oct. 30, 1966. Most likely it was Houghton (the West Coast regional Coordinator of the MM Headquarted in LA) who crossed out 3:00 and wrote in blue felt pen: 2:00. What I want you to notice is the distinct way the 2 is drawn. It has a curly cue at the top:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Mm_pos11

FROM ZODIAC, MAY 1978 LETTER TO LA TV STATION:
Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Z_lett13

NOW ALSO NOTICE HOW THE 3:00 IS CROSSED OUT IN THE MINUTEMEN POSTER ABOVE
COMPARE WITH HAUTZ ENVELOPE:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Zodiac14
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 6:53 pm

I'll have lots of court documents with, hopefully, some handwriting next week. The good people at the MO Fed Court archives are xeroxing and mailing them to me next week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:22 pm

No offense, but I am trying to figure out how you used 120 characters from the first 7 lines of the 340?
There are only 119.
I also only see one shaded in triangle yet there are 2 in the 340's first 7 lines? I also come up one L short
for the ones you have. I am referring to the L that you used for R and L in your solution. Also can't find an i.
I have posted your solution with the 340 characters in bold black below your solution and your 340 characters.
Can you tell me where I am going wrong cause I just can't get it to work?
Thanks,
Carey

rand wrote:
THIS VERSION USES ALL THE CHARACTERS FROM THE FIRST 7 LINES OF THE 340 EXCEPT FOR THE BACKWARD K (the one he crossed out and re-wrote). I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS YET. THE FIRST 7 LINES OF THE 340 SAY:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Scan0032
Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 340SOLUTIONTRY
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:02 pm

Thanks, Caresut! My mistake apparently. Okay, so there's one less L or R and one less I, and an extra triangle (THE). I'll work on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:31 pm

NP, I think it is a neat solution. Just seems like too many variables with being able to turn the
characters but maybe not. Fun to play around with though.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:54 am

Caresut: thanks again for your hard work. Here's how I fixed it:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Scan0037

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Scan0038
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:39 am

Tried it again and have one open character still in your solution and 3 extra characters leftover now?
I am using my characters from the 340 that I have cropped. I have double checked them and they
check out correct to me. Here is what I came up with.
Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Latestrandsolution
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 8:33 am

That can't be right, caresut. There are 118 characters in my solution. How can there be three leftover? You've used the backwards K in the solution and said it was leftover. As for the box, you left out the E in KLIPPED. The A in PART is there as well.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 9:42 am

Okay, I got it this time. The problem was TAXI-CAB.

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Scan0041

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Scan0042
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 10:31 am

It's a very long thread, so here's a summary of what's here that's important:

TROY HOUGHTON LINKS TO Z

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Troyho11

Z WAS DESCRIBED AS HAVING A LARGE FACE:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Th111

Z WAS DESCRIBED AS WEARING HIS HAIR IN A POMPADOUR

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Th212

Z WAS DESCRIBED AS HAVING A LARGE CHIN, SMALL NOSE:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Hought52

Z WAS DESCRIBED AS WEARING BLACK PLEATED PANTS:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Th411

Z WAS DESCRIBED AS HAVING A POT-BELLY STOMACH:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Hought47

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Hought48

Z WAS DESCRIBED AS HAVING ACNE ON HIS NECK AND CHIN:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Hought49

Z WAS DESCRIBED AS HAVING A MONOTONE VOICE:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Hought50

TH shot out the tires of a woman's car in 1964; Z talked about shooting out the tires of a school bus.

TH liked the Mikado (very good source for this)

TH targeted young girls to flash; Z talked about targeting "kiddies"

TH was written about in a nationally syndicated column with Little List in the title

The MM were compared to G&S in a series of articles on the MM in the Arizona Republic in 1968. DePugh thought this expose was important enough to respond to with a letter when he was a fugitive in NM.

TH was speaking at the Jolly Roger Inn, CA when guns were drawn and this incident appeared in the LA Times and other papers. Z sent a Jolly Roger greeting card.

TH's wife and father-in-law owned art supply companies; the MM did their own publishing

TH was convicted twice of flashing. The image on the HC is, IMO, of a flasher

The by gun, by knife, by rope, by fire image forms a tH. The MM decal has by knife, by rope, by fire and a crosshair symbol. By fire: Houghton committed arson at age 14. His lawyer died in a fire after failing to get him an
appeal -- a lawyer who TH claimed sold him up the river

TH had a class A license in explosives. He owned a company called Trojan Mining and Blasting Co.

A mysterious letter was sent after CJB murder from a Patricia Hautz...Troy HAUGHTON.

In The Minutemen, Harry wrote: "Houghton sported a button on his coat reading 'S.O.B.' -- for 'Sweep Out Brown.'"
So TH wore snarky buttons, while Z insisted people wear his button and spoke of silly buttons like Melvin Eats Bluber

TH was a member of the White Knights of the KKK. A Dragon is portrayed on the original KKK flag (Dragon card). The Good Citizen was a KKK publication. 5 of the 7 elements of the KKK are water, hood, robe, sword, cross (represented as a Celtic cross in a circle). All elements present at LB. The other two are god and country.

The MM decal talks about a poison pen. The dripping-pen card may be a poison pen letter.

Most of the murders were committed on days and/or in places that are symbolic of the Revolutionary period.

TH talked about 13 bullet holes in his car. The postcard has 13 holes punched in it.

The MM flag was a Betsy Ross flag with 13 stars. 13 eyes on the HC.

The FBI suspected the Minutemen were in the hills in Deer Lodge MT when the escaped Deer Lodge convicts were up there as well. Z claimed to be an escaped convict from Deer Lodge prison.

The MM were trained in codes, ciphers, mail deception, letters to the editor, making bombs, how to use a rifle, and other guerilla tactics. All of these are consistent with what we know about Z.

TH had a shortwave radio in his office that he relied upon for his safety. (THIS IS THE ZODIAC SPEAKING).

TH was a regional coordinator for the Minutemen. Z placed a clock-stamp on the envelope of the Exorcist letter:
http://www.zodiackiller.com/ExorcistEnvelope.html

TH's name can be found in the 408; and +he Minutemen can be found in the code when the last 18 letters of the translation are recoded.

The Minutemen(crosshair symbol) fits the My Name Is cipher in terms of letter and symbol distribution.

Z put 13 eyes on the inside of the HC. TH was featured in LOOK magazine.

TH says in the Look article in 1966 that he and the MM were apolitical -- beyond politics, which had let them down too many times to care about anymore.

TH was on the front page and pages of the LA Times dozens of times. Z said that he was writing to the LA Times because they don't bury him on the back pages like some of the others.

TH said right before he disappeared that he had a list of people who would be murdered.

TH was arrested on a concealed weapons charge and a Federal weapons charge for using a silencer.

TH was accused of harrassing Mosk, who in response to these and other MM activities introduced a bill to ban mail-order guns in CA. The bill was successful. Z talked about acquiring one of his guns prior to the mail-order ban.

The MM put decals of a crosshair on cars. Z put a crosshair and wrote on Hartnell's door.

TH drove a beatup white car. Z was said to be driving a light-colored or white car; there were four different tires on his car at LB.

BRS occurred on July 4th, LB was on Adam's birthday (Paul Revere's ride to warn Adams); Stine occurred on Columbus Day weekend; LHR occurred 4 years to the day when TH shot out the tires of the woman's car and was the night prior to TH's first son's, Troy's, 13th birthday.

The San Diego Honeymoon murders seem very similiar to Z's murders. TH lived in San Diego.

CJB's murder occurred on the very night when a large MM bust occurred in NY. A watch (Minute man) was found at the scene. The teletyped letter reads very much like the MM decal (Harry noticed this). TH was most probably in LA with DePugh that afternoon at a MM fundraiser. The CJB murder and the MM bust appeared together on the front pages of the Southern California newspapers.

TH was booked for malicious destruction of property for clipping out two pages from a library book in 1966.
CJB was murdered when she left the RCC library in 1966.

In July 1969, Belli represented a murderer (the trunk murderer) who had gone underground using a fake identity for over 35 years, and this appeared in all the California newspapers, esp. Bay Area ones.
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img96/6051/houghtonbellifugitive19.jpg
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img651/6051/houghtonbellifugitive19.jpg

Belli was also Jack Ruby's lawyer. The MM were implicated in the JFK assassination TH said he immediately went underground after the assassination. Oswald himself mentioned the MM several times in his writings.

Eleven days after the JFK assassination, a letter postmarked Lancaster CA was sent to Dallas that looks very much like a Z letter: http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/04/0403-002.gif
Houghton's right-hand man, Dennis Mower, lived in Lancaster, CA. JFK can be seen in the backwards letters in the Diablo code.

And while the TH handwriting is inconclusive because it's cursive and Z didn't write much in cursive, there are some very compelling, IMO, comparisons:

Haughton's TH
Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Haught20

TH from Bates Letter:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Bates10

Troy's T with distinctive curl at the end:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Haught18

The R in Riverside on the Hautz envelope with distinctive curl at the end:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Newbat12

This is from this envelope

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Zodiac12
Another very odd and characteristic similarity is that Troy makes his t's without crossing them. He comes back at the end of the word and crosses it.

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Haught19

Notice that in the Hautz envelope, the writer started Enterprise but then crossed it out. The t was made just as Troy makes it: a loop but there is no cross, as if that would be made at the end of the word coming back.

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Zodiac13

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 On_tar12

THE POISON PEN:

THE GUN, THE ROPE, THE KNIFE

THE FIRE

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Hought31

LIBRARY CRIMES AND RH:

Cheri Jo Bates was murdered on Oct. 30, 1966. The MM had a huge bust in NYC that afternoon and Troy and DePugh were in LA earlier in the day. Bates was murdered outside Riverside Community College Library, where she had been before meeting her killer. Houghton was arrested in 1966 for tearing out pages of a library book.

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Hought32

The Riverside Desktop Poem, found by a janitor months afterwards, is signed rh. Obviously, h could be for Houghton. What's the r? Z signed a letter in 1971, the Red Phantom (red with rage). Could the r be red with rage? Could it mean red with rage Houghton? I assume that writing on the underside of a library desktop would also qualify as malicious destruction of property.

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Zpoem12

GREETING CARDS:

Here is a letter written to Troy Houghton in 1965. Notice Cook, the sender, says: "your 'greeting card' has stimulated my curiousity"

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Letter12

Like Z, Troy used Greeting Cards in his mailings. This is very odd, though I know you don't agree. I did a search of 10s of thousands of FBI documents, and the only greeting card was sent by Troy Houghton. Greeting cards are sent all the time. But both Zodiac and Houghton sent greeting cards for reasons that had nothing to do with holidays, illness, sympathy, birthdays, etc. That is odd. Here is Troy's greeting card:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Minute16

The significance of Z's claim that the LA Times "don't bury me on the back pages like some of the others"

In the March 13, 1971 letter to the LA Times (click here: http://www.zodiackiller.com/LATimesLetter.html ), Z said that he was writing to the LA Times because "they don't bury me on the back pages like some of the others." During my research of the Minutemen in the newspaper archives, I've noticed that The LA Times featured many stories -- far and away the most stories of any newspaper -- about Houghton (virtually anything he did that was mildly newsworthy) and the Minutemen. The Bay Area papers ignored both Houghton and the Minutemen; and when they did run stories about them, they were buried on the back pages. Everyone thinks that Z's comment about burying him in the back pages was a complaint about not getting coverage for his activities. But this makes no sense: the Bay Area papers gave the Zodiac far more coverage than any other newspapers in the country (for good reason). So there's been lots of discussion about what Z could have meant by this strange statement that the LA Times "don't bury him on the back pages." The confusion arises from the assumption that Z was a nobody in his everyday life. Once that preconception is jettisoned, the seemingly odd statement seems to be a clue that Z was known not just for being Zodiac but for his everyday identity. I think it's Houghton pointing out that the LA Times covers his exploits more than any other paper.

The Necessary "Montana Connection":
From the LA Times, Paul Coates, "New Revere On Horseback," Oct. 5, 1965: "Haughton suggest that members could obtain 'survival' books from a firm called Pilgrims Torch in Colorado. He said that Poor Richard's Book Shop in Hollywood had moved to Montana during the recent Watts riot and had taken all their material with them." Montana is important because, when Z killed Shepard and stabbed Hartnell at Lake Berryessa, he claimed to be an escaped prisoner from Deer Lodge Prison in Montana (here's Hartnell's interview soon after the attack where he mentions this: http://www.zodiackiller.com/HartnellInterview2.html ). So Z would have had to be somewhat familiar with Montana. The move of Poor Richard's Book Shop and Houghton's mention of this in 1965, provide a significant connection between Houghton and Montana.

More important: Z mentioned that he was an escaped convict from Deer Lodge prison in July 1969. So I research it, and voila: there were 12 escaped convicts from Deer Lodge in July 1968. They were all returned, but there was still an armed mystery man in the mountains. The FBI suspects that the mystery man or men in the mountains -- who clubbed a woman on the head, stole her car, ammo, and three high-powered rifles -- was a Minuteman or Minutemen. Why would Z say he was an escaped convict from, of all places, Deer Lodge prison? It makes little sense, unless he was in the mountains when they escaped. Z's own words got me researching Deer Lodge escapees. And then the research leads directly to (of all the groups and people in the world) the Minutemen. Just another coincidence, I suppose.

The Citizen Card, May 8, 1974: A Clue to Z's "Minuteman identity":
Back: http://www.zodiackiller.com/CitizenCard1.html
Front: http://www.zodiackiller.com/CitizenCard2.html
Notice Zodiac chose a Samuel Adams stamp for the Citizen letter (the signature, "a citizen," also smacks of the Revolutionary period). The purpose of Paul Revere's famous "Midnight Ride" from Boston to Lexington was to warn John Hancock and Samuel Adams of the movements of the British Army, which was beginning a march from Boston to Lexington, ostensibly to arrest Hancock and Adams and seize the weapons stores in Concord. And, get this: Adams was born on the September 27, the same date as the murder at Lake Berryessa/Monticello. And Paul Revere died May 10, 1818. The Citizen Letter was sent on May 8, 1974.

The±Minutemen
How? The letter distribution of the cipher is the same as for The Minutemen:
The My Name Is cipher code:
AEN±8K8M8^NAM
2 As
2 Ms
2 Ns
3 8s
1 E
1 K
1± (crosshair symbol)

THE±MINUTEMEN
2 Ms
2 Ns
2 Ts
3 Es
1 H
1 U
1 ± (crosshair symbol)

So you can get The±Minutemen from the My Name Is cipher as an anagram.

TROY HOUGHTON WAS, IMO, A FUGITIVE WHO WENT UNDERGROUND. WAS Z UNDERGROUND?

Little List letter: Z made this line up. Why?
As someday it may happen that a victom must be found. I've got a little list. I've got a little list, of society offenders who might well be underground who would never be missed who would never be missed.

Examiner letter:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Examin11

BusBomb Letter, p. 3:

+ I said yes there was this man who was runnig by waveing a gun & the cops peeled rubber + went around the corner as I directed them + I disappeared into the park a block + a half away never to be seen again.

FROM ONE ARTICLE IN LOOK MAGAZINE IN JULY 1967

1. TALKS IN A TONELESS VOICE. IS ECCENTRIC AND PARANOID TO THE POINT OF TAPE RECORDING THE INTERVIEWER.

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Hought34

2. HAS A SHORTWAVE RADIO CONSTANTLY BUZZING IN THE BACKGROUND. IT'S HIS LIFELINE. THIS IS TROY HOUGHTON SPEAKING. THIS IS THE ZODIAC SPEAKING. ALSO, TELETYPE MACHINE RE ENTERPRISE LETTER COULD HAVE BEEN CONNECTED TO HIS SHORTWAVE RADIO (COMMON TO DO THIS).

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Haught21

3. TALKS ABOUT CARRYING RIFLES AND GUNS WITH SILENCERS IN HIS BRIEFCASE

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Hought35

4. HOUGHTON AND JFK CONNECTION. THE ARTICLE, WHICH APPEARED IN 1967, SHOWS HOUGHTON STILL OBSESSED WITH PARANOIA ABOUT JFK ASSASSINATION.

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Haught22

THE DIABLO CODE HAS LETTERS JFK BACKWARDS

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Diablo11

5. 13 BULLET HOLES

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Troy211

13 EYES. EYES=LOOK (MAGAZINE)

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Hc114

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 13hole12

ALL IN JUST ONE LOOK MAGAZINE ARTICLE ON TROY HOUGHTON Suspect

In his November 11, 1966 testimony, Troy Houghton said he had automatic weapons but did not keep them in the house. He kept them in the High Sierras, so if his house was searched they wouldn't be found.[/size]

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Pinesc11

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Z_pine10

Here is the label from Minutemen Survival Tabs (DePugh, the leader invented them in 1964 and the label remains the same as it was in the 1960s).

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Surviv10

Here's the photo of the Minutemen terror sign from 1968 in Arizona:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Minute17

Here is an interesting 1965 MinutemanBulletin. Does it appear that there is a flashlight above the rifle on page 2?

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Mm_dec12

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Mm_dec14

HERE IS AN UNCONFIRMED Z LETTER FROM 1971:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Zodiac20

COMPARE THE CODE WITH MINUTEMEN CODE FROM FBI DOCUMENT:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Code_m11

troy H

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Hought12

DAYS OF THE MURDERS: SIGNIFICANCE TO MM AND TH

The MM were very into dates. They always planned events on Patriotic days.

1) DEC 20: 4 years to the day that TH shot out tires of woman's car. The day before Troy Jr.'s 13th birthday.
2) JULY 4th, obvious Patriotic Day.
3) SEPT 27 Lake Berryessa murder. Samuel Adams was born on Sept. 27, 1722. Paul Revere's ride was to warn Adams and Hancock.

"Although Gage had evidently decided against seizing Adams and Hancock, Patriots initially believed otherwise. From Boston, Joseph Warren dispatched Paul Revere to warn the two that British troops were on the move and might attempt to arrest them. As Hancock and Adams made their escape, the first shots of the war began at Lexington and Concord. Soon after the battle, Gage issued a proclamation granting a general pardon to all who would "lay down their arms, and return to the duties of peaceable subjects"—with the exceptions of Hancock and Samuel Adams. Singling out Hancock and Adams in this manner only added to their renown among Patriots, and, according to Patriot historian Mercy Otis Warren, perhaps exaggerated the importance of the two men."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Adams

Z PUT SAMUEL ADAMS STAMP ON CITIZEN CARD: A CITIZEN (PATRIOTIC/REVOLUTIONARY TERM)
Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Citize10

4) OCT 11. It was Columbus Day weekend. BUT THIS IS KEY. WHY OCT 11th? To the Minutemen, October 11, 1966 was the day that Johnson signed the executive order that allowed the COMMUNIST TAKEOVER OF THE UNITED STATES. READ THIS:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Mm_oct11

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Mm_oct12

Zodiac wrote letters to the editor, but didn't give his actual identity (obviously).
Minutemen were instructed to do likewise:
Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Minute11

CLUES TO TROY HOUGHTON'S IDENTITY ON HALLOWEEN CARD:
1. FLASHER IMAGE/PEEK-A-BOO
2. HC SYMBOL = LA: PLACE WHERE TH WAS CONVICTED OF FLASHING IN 1957, HIS BIRTHPLACE TOO
3. 13 EYES = LOOK MAGAZINE: 13 BULLET HOLES IN HIS CAR.
4. 4-TEEN = 4 TEENAGE GIRLS FLASHED
5. PARADISE SLAVES FIGURE - COMPOSED OF a small t, and large H for TROY HOUGHTON; AND
6. CONTAINS BY GUN, BY KNIFE, BY ROPE, SAME AS MM DECAL WITH CROSSHAIR SYMBOL; TH CONVICTED OF ARSON AT AGE 14 (BY FIRE).
7. ZODIAC DREW A Z AND A CROSSHAIR SYMBOL ON THE CARD, FIRST TIME HE DID THAT. WHY? BECAUSE HE WAS TELLING EVERYONE THAT THE CROSSHAIR SYMBOL HAD ANOTHER MEANING FOR HIM; ONE OTHER THAN THE ZODIAC. AND WHAT WAS THAT OTHER MEANING? THE MINUTEMEN, WHICH IT WAS ORIGINALLY INTENDED TO SIGNIFY. HE GOT COLD FEET, HOWEVER, AND QUICKLY CAME UP WITH THE ZODIAC AS AN IDENTITY TO MISDIRECT AWAY FROM THE MINUTEMEN.

Last edited by rand on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 11:44 am

This is tentatively what I have for lines 8-10. The second line will probably say something like: The job of constructing the bomb is nearly complete. Something like that.

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Scan0043
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 8:22 pm

rand wrote:

Regarding your skepticism of him because he disappeared, people do it all the time. There's a show called "Disappeared" about it. I watched one episode about a young woman who disappeared one day. Her family desperately searched for 20 years for her. It turns out, she was living in Portland OR with the same name and had no idea her family was looking for her. People can disappear and never be found in this country. It was incredibly easy prior to the Internet. Troy had so many aliases that LE said on two occasions, they'd never seen anyone with so many. Z was "crackproof"; he talked about "society's offenders going underground"; having "no address"; and about someone coming back from a "suicide's grave." Now why would he do that? Had to be a reason. The fact that Troy went underground and told everyone that he would do so isn't something that strikes me as a negative for him as Z. It's a positive. Again, it fits what Z himself hinted at.

I will say this...if ANYONE could go underground so completely it would be Troy Houghton. IF his primary motive was terror (and not a sexual serial killer type of thing) then it would not be so unusual that he didn't escalate his attacks until caught.

He was comfortable with aliases.

He was comfortable "disappearing" from family and his compatriots without alot of questions from the people around him. (this is unusual yes?)

He was comfortable moving in and out of home grown patriot/KKK/terror groups.

He moved around the country easily.

He was comfortable living in a way that he couldn't be tracked...ie) no banking, no property, etc.

He was comfortable with petty crimes and vandalism and breaking in to news and political offices .

He had a fairly low level of education...but he exhibited a higher level of education.

He was calculated.

He was organized (he bugged out pretty darn fast when he heard of the Kennedy assassination)

He seeked attention and power.

He just happened to be linked at least peripherally to the Kennedy and MLK assassination by not only his own words...but also with the Garrison investigation of the JFK, and the FBI and possibly Dallas LE.

IF ANYONE had a reason to disappear it is Troy Houghton. And if anyone could do it so completely it would be Troy Houghton.

If you think about this from a psychological point of view...This is a man that definitely COULD survive the life of someone underground. But I submit that the first decade of this transition would be a period where there might be anger at the loss of his previous life and his sense of importance. This might explain the question most folks have about how the Zodiac just sort of Started and then Stopped his reign of terror.

I think everyone thinks the Zodiac was a multiple offender...that is he probably worked his way up to the Zodiac murders...and the fact he "stopped" was probably because he moved on or got incarcerated as the explanation.

But IF TH did the Zodiac...then what was the trigger to start the Zodiac crimes? STRESS and ANGER could have been the trigger. AS time went on and he probably started a new life somewhere else and was in a more stable lifestyle and probable new homelife and then just getting older and having back problems...then he no longer had the need to lash out.

I am most interested in the psychology of the Zodiac crimes because it isn't clear what the motive is in my mind. I can guess the possible motive if someone like TK did the Zodiac...or perhaps a few of the other POI's but with TH I don't see his motive as sexual.

But if as you stated the motive was more political terror...then you can't ignore his history of using hoods, bombs, threats, harassment, codes, mailing cards, posting stickers, wearing political buttons, taunting LE, media, and political groups.

Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Right on, MS. I agree 100% (no surprise there). But well said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Still wish I knew if he spoke Spanish. That might be another point towards his story that he worked for the CIA running guns in Guatemala...and perhaps an avenue to see if there was any sort of documentation of this activity. It has to be said that TH may have sounded like he was "dreaming up" his exploits with the CIA...but he sure didn't get the FBI or LE treatment as a lunatic dreaming up things either. So I tend to think it might be true.

IF he spoke Spanish it would also give him more resources, not just running to Canada for instance. I don't think based on his patriot beliefs that he would live long term south of our border...but people used to trading with guns and weapons and identities can't always chose just folks from democratic countries to do business with can they?
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 10:36 am

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 RANDSKEY
ADD TO THIS: BACKWARDS K = E

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Scan0044

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Scan0045

Here's another way to look at what I did with the first 7 lines. Just put the 2 UNUSED backward Ks (that are leftover in the version below in the place of the missing E's in KILLED and PIECE. (Caresut did this for me before I figured out what the backwards K was; thanks Caresut!!). The trick and the reason this version looks somewhat different from the top one is that Z put characters upside down and on their side. So the backwards J is actually a 1 when you turn it upside down. Z is actually an N on its side; 9 is an upside down b; backward L is an upside down r, etc.

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 RANDSLATEEST8-14
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Here's what I've got on the 340 so far:

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Scan0051
Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Scan0050
Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:57 am

Again, very interesting work Rand.

Some of it doesn't sound quite right though - "I klipped one tab of the taxi drivers bloody top piece". Sounds a bit forced to me.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:30 am

Yes, I agree. It's probably just a matter of the words TAB, KLIPPED, TOP, AND PIECE. He probably has a substitute for S in there but I don't want to add substitutions if I don't have to. PIECE is probably right. I KLIPPED A PIECE OF THE BLOODY CAB DRIVER'S...?
Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:56 am

"I klipped a bloody piece off the taxi driver's top" or "I klipped a piece off the taxi driver's bloody top" would probably make more sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:00 am

...FWIW....Generally only women use the word "top" for shirt...I really have not heard that word used by men in that way...
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:02 am

Probably right. Z may have made a mistake. The translated version of the 408 is filled with mistakes.

MAN IS THE MOST DANGEROUE
ANAMAL OF ALL TO KILL
SOMETHING GIVES ME THE MOST
THRILLING EXPERENCE...
THE BEST PART OF IT IS THAE
WHEN I DIE I WILL BE REBORN
IN PARADICE AND THEI HAVE
KILLED WILL BECOME MY SLAVES
I WILL NOT GIVE MY NAME
BECAUE YOU WILL TRY TO SLOI
DOWN OR ATOP MY COLLECTIOG OF...

If Z made these kinds of mistakes in the 340, then I'm up the creek without a paddle.
If just one letter doesn't fit or doesn't appear, there's nothing I can do about it.
If my solution had these kinds of mistakes, who would take it seriously?
I'm trying to make it work as IF it had no mistakes.

The problem with the last section of my translation is that I can't find the S and H for SHIRT. Wht if he made a mistake? I have to assume that he didn't. So I got what I got based on that assumption. There's probably a clever way to make it right but I just haven't thought of it yet.

Last edited by rand on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:03 am

Zabagliona: Agreed. Personally I think Z would have used the word "shirt" as this is what he wrote in his letter with the piece of shirt enclosed Wink
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 am

I agree. The backward K may be a substitute for the S. What may be incorrect, IMO, is that it doesn't say FAKING ZODIAC. It says: TO PROVE I'M THE ZODIAC AND NOT FAKING,
That leaves an extra T for the Zodiac symbol. Then you mess around with the TAB, KLIPPING, and TOP and you'll find it. The backwards K may be something other than an E. These are where the solution to the problem lies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:55 pm

I'm not a code person...I am interested in basically the psychology...and it seems that you came up with a pretty simple way to work with the cipher...which makes alot more sense than a cipher not meant to be a real cipher or a cipher so unbreakable no one could break it except for a few mensa brains.

You showed 2 left over or extra letters. KK

TH was affiliated as a teen to some sort of KKK type organization as well as the history of the MM having some loose associations with some KKK groups as far as their common political interests.

Then there is the Ruby letter language and similar language here if this cipher solve is correct.

Very interestingly simple motives if TH is involved.

Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 am

MS: The backward Ks were left over. But I figured they're E's as well. And put them in KILLED and PIECE. But I could be wrong, of course. There may be some mistakes; I'm sure there are. But I think this is the way the 340 is cracked. Judging from the response, however, no one will believe it. It's just too darn obvious, and cipher-types want to believe that it's a cipher, so...
I would point out to them, however, that line ten in the 340 begins and ends with a dash. I think the dash character is simply an I turned on its side, or lower a case l. I doubt that it could be a cipher with the coincidence that the very middle line of the 340 begins and ends with dashes. This seems deliberate on Z's part to disavow anyone of believing that it was a cipher. For one to believe that the 340 is a cipher, one must also believe that these dashes miraculously appeared where they did by sheer coincidence. But simple logic like this will not be accepted by those who want to believe that Z was a supergenius who constructed a code that no one can break.

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Zodiac20

Others think the 340 says nothing. I find that hard to believe. Yes, Z talked about busy work for the cops, but I believe there is a message here. That's why he said: by the way have you cracked the last cipher I sent you? My Name Is --. The My Name Is cipher is a clue as to how to solve the 340. It's an anagram with some clever letterplay. That's all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Troy Houghton: The Minuteman   Troy Houghton: The Minuteman - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Troy Houghton: The Minuteman
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next