Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:03 am

thebigZ wrote:
SorRY... i weRe COnfuZed.

I THINK we found the Z. Look at this thebigZ's writing......curious..very curious..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:10 am

Zamantha wrote:
thebigZ wrote:
SorRY... i weRe COnfuZed.

I THINK we found the Z. Look at this thebigZ's writing......curious..very curious..

Aquiman...water-related...

Suspect Shocked affraid
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:02 am

This letter was sent in a prepaid envelope from Williamsport, PA, in April 1981, within 45 days of the Zodiac letter and the Bussing letter.

It mentioned the Atlanta child murders and also had a threat to President Reagan.

Morf - another PA connection?

FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 Z_atla11

FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 Z_atla12

FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 Z_atla13
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:16 pm

Also Atlanta related is poem from "The Ghost Killer":

https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/non-zodiac-crimes-f9/the-ghost-killer-poem-in-atlanta-child-murders-t478.htm

And in this same time frame a letter asking to put a message in the Washington Post saying:

Daniel Please Call Home

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 7:21 am

AK Wilks wrote:
This letter was sent in a prepaid envelope from Williamsport, PA, in April 1981, within 45 days of the Zodiac letter and the Bussing letter.

It mentioned the Atlanta child murders and also had a threat to President Reagan.

Morf - another PA connection?

FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 Z_atla11

FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 Z_atla12

FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 Z_atla13

That is certainly interesting! Williamsport is about 2 hours from Lindy Biechler's murder and only an hour from Betsy Aardsma's murder. Worth checking under the FOIA to see if they will release images of those letters from/to Atlanta! Even more interesting when you consider that the anonymous Z-like letter in the Aardsma case, was sent to Penn State, FROM ATLANTA!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 7:56 am

Here's a weird coincidence..."Williamsport Sunday Grit" was a newspaper that ran articles about Jack The Ripper, and we know Z was inspired by Jack.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:04 am

Here is more on that lovers lane killer from Atlanta:
http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkillers/A/ATLANTA_LOVERS_LANE_killer.php

If the perp wasnt described as being black, I would really be interested in this case/
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:48 am

Yeah, just like the Florida cases Ricardo found, it almost makes you wonder, "Well, why couldn't a white killer put on black face paint?"

But without evidence that just seems too far fetched.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 2:02 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
Yeah, just like the Florida cases Ricardo found, it almost makes you wonder, "Well, why couldn't a white killer put on black face paint?"

But without evidence that just seems too far fetched.

I agree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:07 pm

Sounds a bit far fetched to me as well but certainly not impossible and z did write that he looked nothing like his normal self when he did his thing.
The only thing that I can think of that might suggest this is a valid line of inquiry is that the officers where told to look for a black man the night Paul Stine was
killed. I do not recall ever hearing a good explanation for the mix up.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:31 pm

This is a very good article by Ricardo about lovers lane murders in Florida in August 1969.

http://www.mk-zodiac.com/possiblevictimsinFloridainAugustof1969.html
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:36 pm

I think it probable that all of the 2/81 to 4/81 Atlanta letters were by one person. This includes:

* The "Zodiac" letter
* The "Please stop forced bussing" letter
* The "You shall" letter with threat to Reagan
* The "Ghost Killer" poem
* The demand for a message in the Washington Post

That last one puzzles me, as perhaps it is a hoax, or has a simple meaning (the killer has an accomplice named Daniel), but I think there could be some kind of coded or hidden message and I can't figure the damn thing out!

The writer demanded this appear in the classifieds:

DANIEL PLEASE CALL HOME

What does it mean? Is it an anagram? A code? Or just a prank?

DANIEL PLEASE
CALL HOME

DANIEL
PLEASE
CALL
HOME
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:01 am

This stuff Ricardo posted was certainly interesting. I thought that this lovers lane killer (who happened to be black) may be the perp:
http://www.skcentral.com/news.php?readmore=2132

Edward Surratt killed couples in lovers lanes all the way from Ohio to Florida, but his timeline seems to put him in Vietnam in 1969.

Here is a good thread about lovers Lane murders in other states, with Z-like MO:
https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/zodiac-theories-f14/lovers-lane-killings-in-other-states-t409.htm
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 6:55 am

AK Wilks wrote:
I think it probable that all of the 2/81 to 4/81 Atlanta letters were by one person. This includes:

* The "Zodiac" letter
* The "Please stop forced bussing" letter
* The "You shall" letter with threat to Reagan
* The "Ghost Killer" poem
* The demand for a message in the Washington Post

That last one puzzles me, as perhaps it is a hoax, or has a simple meaning (the killer has an accomplice named Daniel), but I think there could be some kind of coded or hidden message and I can't figure the damn thing out!

The writer demanded this appear in the classifieds:

DANIEL PLEASE CALL HOME

What does it mean? Is it an anagram? A code? Or just a prank?

DANIEL PLEASE
CALL HOME

DANIEL
PLEASE
CALL
HOME

I dont want to speculate too much, but this crime- http://www.helpcherylandandy.com/id8.html ,has some Z-like aspects, as well as the letter to police demanding that they communicate with him thru the newspaper classifieds. I have posted about it before, as well as some writing similarities to Z letters. Never really got much response. The victims were parked on a lovers lane (like Z did) when they were attacked,likely with a gun, as the killer would have had to controlled two people (hard to do with a knife). Then they were led into a secluded area, and tied up before being stabbed/slashed(like Berryessa). The only difference here was that there was a rape involved. The DNA from the scene matched another rape in which the witness survived, and gave a description to police. The perp was too young to be Z. There could be two explanations for this-

1- If Z wrote that letter to Houston PD, he may have had nothing to do with the actual crime, but thought it sounded similar to his crimes, or

2- There was an news article that mentioned the Houston DNA lab had severe issues with mistakes, mislabeling, mishandling, etc. There was some speculation that the DNA matched to their crime scene, may not have actually belonged with that crime scene.

I dont know what to think, but the crime (other than the rape), and letters, sound alot like Z. Someplace on one of these threads, I did a writing comparisons, and there was some noted differences between Zodiac's writing and that of the Houston letter writer. But there was a striking similarity in a few parts as well, most noticed in the exact same spacing in the word CHRONICLE:
FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 Final_10

The word chronicle on the left is from Zodiac, the one on the right is from the Anonymous Houston letter writer. Notice the identical spacing...C HRONIC LE

Maybe a case of Zyncronicity, who knows?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:59 am

Hi Morf...

With all due respect, the spacing is similar but not identical, and the writing samples do not match.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:11 am

There are enough similarities to make one look at this as a possible Z crime.

But unless police botched every aspect of this case, it seems it can't be. The suspect was about 10 when Z was doing his thing. The dark hair, dark eyes and facial structure don't match most Z sketches, but bottom line Z can't be 30 in 1990. He has to be at least 40 and more likely 45 to 50.

FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 Compos10
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 2:18 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
There are enough similarities to make one look at this as a possible Z crime.

But unless police botched every aspect of this case, it seems it can't be. The suspect was about 10 when Z was doing his thing. The dark hair, dark eyes and facial structure don't match most Z sketches, but bottom line Z can't be 30 in 1990. He has to be at least 40 and more likely 45 to 50.

FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 Compos10

Oh, I agree, its doubtful Z was the perp, unless they really fouled up bad. But he could have wrote the letter. As far as spacing, etc in the writing, the spacing looks pretty much identical to me, could be a coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2