Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:48 pm

I am doing a FOIA request for this letter mentioned in the FBI Atlanta Child Murders file.

It says it is from the Zodiac, and the FBI handwriting analyst could not say it was from Zodiac, but he could NOT exclude it as being from Zodiac.

All we know is it starts:

"Hello its me. Haven't you..."







Another letter is this time frame, perhaps also from this "Zodiac", was a demand that the Washington Post classified run this ad as a secret message:

DANIEL PLEASE CALL HOME


At almost the same time, a message was sent in the same way as the Zodiac Sacramento Cancer and Leo cards - in a prepaid envelope.

This letter was treated as credible, there are 10 pages on it in the files, and 3 kids were killed that March in Atlanta.

Only three cities got this insert for classic model cars that the message came in - Harrisburg PA, Chicago IL and Long Beach FLA.


Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Interesting...I'll look forward to seeing them.

The "Hello it's me..." opening is obviously not consistent, so that's a red flag in my opinion.

The bottom letter wouldn't seem to be from Zodiac based on the obvious racial intent, which was never a factor with Zodiac.

Still, I'm game for seeing more.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:50 pm

MrBungle wrote:
Interesting...I'll look forward to seeing them.

The "Hello it's me..." opening is obviously not consistent, so that's a red flag in my opinion.

The bottom letter wouldn't seem to be from Zodiac based on the obvious racial intent, which was never a factor with Zodiac.

Still, I'm game for seeing more.

It does depart from tradition - sign of a hoaxer or Zodiac showing some variety 7 years after the last confirmed letter?

On the surface, the other message does appear racist, something we don't really match to Zodiac, so again this could point to this being a hoax (in terms of being Zodiac) but it may be from the killer of young black boys, who many speculated was racist.

Zodiac did talk about getting "slaves", however, and mentioned blacks as "banjo players", a line from Mikado that had been deleted from most modern versions. Zodiac also seemed to know Norse, a belief system often associated with racialist views.

But given the media speculation that the Atlanta child killer could be a Klansman, Neo - Nazi or racist of some kind, if what we have here is a serial killer who murders for the thrill, this "racist" message could be misdirection.

Also, there are some who opposed forced busing for reasons other than racism. Some thought it eradicated black culture and was an attempt to make them "white".

A 1971 Fairfield "Zodiac" letter threatened to kill and skin 3 little kids.

Also, Zodiac had nothing to do with the SLA, yet felt compelled to write a letter about that high profile case. Even if this is from the Zodiac, that doesn't mean he killed anyone in Atlanta - though 3 boys were killed in March, as this letter predicted, or threatened.

Some vicitms were last seen with a white male, and Caucasian light brown body hairs were found on some victims. Yet Wayne Williams was convicted for two murders of retarded adults, and a recent mtDNA test showed hairs found on another body were consistent with the 3% of the black population Williams was in.

Morf noted that the writer spells a word wrongly the same way Zodiac did - "BUSSING", and I think Zodiac spelled "BUSS" for a school bus. Minor point, but interesting.

The message was sent the same weird way as the Sacramento Zodiac "Cancer" and "Leo" cards, in a pre-paid envelope? Same hoaxer? Or same Zodiac?

And there is something slightly familar about the writing - not sure where I saw it, but I have seen, I think, some writing like this somewhere in the case.

Bates note? Or something else?




Last edited by AK Wilks on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:30 am

A 1978 Zodiac letter to the Los Angeles Times mentions that he will kill of Elrdidge Cleaver as "the n_ggers gotta get their 20% quota, after all".

I would not rule out that letter being a Zodiac latter just because it mentions race. Mr Bungle, I believe you are far too rigid in your analysis of some of these letters. You said one letter could not have been from the Zodiac as it was apparently written in pencil.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:44 am

Cimmerian 10 wrote:
A 1978 Zodiac letter to the Los Angeles Times mentions that he will kill of Elrdidge Cleaver as "the n_ggers gotta get their 20% quota, after all".

I would not rule out that letter being a Zodiac latter just because it mentions race. Mr Bungle, I believe you are far too rigid in your analysis of some of these letters. You said one letter could not have been from the Zodiac as it was apparently written in pencil.

The '78 "Zodiac" letter bears all the tells of a communication from the Manson Family, from the envelope to the message. In fact, it SCREAMS Manson Family. The fact that you refer to it as a Zodiac letter instead of properly calling it a POSSIBLE Zodiac letter is irresponsible.

I did NOT say the other letter could not have been from Z because it was in pencil, I stated that no authenticated Zodiac letter had been written in pencil, which lends credence to it not being genuine. I also brought up a whole lot of other points that you don't bother to bring up that point to it not being a Zodiac letter.

I am not being "too rigid" in my analysis, I'm simply using logic combined with letters we KNOW are from Zodiac to make an educated judgment. I could say that a lot of the analysis I've seen have been far too loose. The letters are just like POIs...no matter how many things look interesting, all you need is one thing that doesn't match up to invalidate it. Most of these letters have far more than one thing that doesn't add up.

Remember, there's a reason why there are letters deemed genuine and others that haven't been...and there's even doubts about some that are deemed genuine! It's all well and good to look at them and discuss them, but there's certainly nothing wrong with pointing out glaring inconsistencies.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:47 am

MrBungle wrote:
Cimmerian 10 wrote:
A 1978 Zodiac letter to the Los Angeles Times mentions that he will kill of Elrdidge Cleaver as "the n_ggers gotta get their 20% quota, after all".

I would not rule out that letter being a Zodiac latter just because it mentions race. Mr Bungle, I believe you are far too rigid in your analysis of some of these letters. You said one letter could not have been from the Zodiac as it was apparently written in pencil.

The '78 "Zodiac" letter bears all the tells of a communication from the Manson Family, from the envelope to the message. In fact, it SCREAMS Manson Family. The fact that you refer to it as a Zodiac letter instead of properly calling it a POSSIBLE Zodiac letter is irresponsible.

I did NOT say the other letter could not have been from Z because it was in pencil, I stated that no authenticated Zodiac letter had been written in pencil, which lends credence to it not being genuine. I also brought up a whole lot of other points that you don't bother to bring up that point to it not being a Zodiac letter.

I am not being "too rigid" in my analysis, I'm simply using logic combined with letters we KNOW are from Zodiac to make an educated judgment. I could say that a lot of the analysis I've seen have been far too loose. The letters are just like POIs...no matter how many things look interesting, all you need is one thing that doesn't match up to invalidate it. Most of these letters have far more than one thing that doesn't add up.

Remember, there's a reason why there are letters deemed genuine and others that haven't been...and there's even doubts about some that are deemed genuine! It's all well and good to look at them and discuss them, but there's certainly nothing wrong with pointing out glaring inconsistencies.

Well, either way, if you say that a letter is any less likely to be a Zodiac letter just because it is written in pencil you are not using logic nor are you being reasonable. Just because the letter isn't in pen doesn't mean it doesn't "add up". I don't know whether or not the 1978 letter looks like it came from the Manson family or not, but it is eerily similar to a poem the East Area Rapist sent to Sacramento authorities in the same timeframe!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:49 am

AK Wilks wrote:
I am doing a FOIA request for this letter mentioned in the FBI Atlanta Child Murders file.

It says it is from the Zodiac, and the FBI handwriting analyst could not say it was from Zodiac, but he could NOT exclude it as being from Zodiac.

All we know is it starts:

"Hello its me. Haven't you..."







Another letter is this time frame, perhaps also from this "Zodiac", was a demand that the Washington Post classified run this ad as a secret message:

DANIEL PLEASE CALL HOME


At almost the same time, a message was sent in the same way as the Zodiac Sacramento Cancer and Leo cards - in a prepaid envelope.

This letter was treated as credible, there are 10 pages on it in the files, and 3 kids were killed that March in Atlanta.

Only three cities got this insert for classic model cars that the message came in - Harrisburg PA, Chicago IL and Long Beach FLA.



AK, How about that LANCASTER mentioned on the insert? Thats where Lindy Biechler was killed. And dont forget that the Aardsma anononymous letter was mailed from Atlanta.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:47 am

I always thought this Atlanta case was interesting- http://georgiamysteries.blogspot.com/2009/08/atlantas-lovers-lane-killer-southern.html

Very Z-like, but apparently, the killer was a black man.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:51 am

Yes, if I understand it correctly, the message was written on that bit of paper, which "Z" (or whoever) stole out of a newspaper bundle drop off point. But the message was sent in a prepaid envelope for classic model cars. The FBI says only three cities got that particular envelope and ad:

Harrisburg PA

Chicago IL

Long Beach FLA

1. We know who had family in Chicago an visited there in the early 80's. Shocked

2. How far is Harrisburg PA from Lancaster, or State College (Penn State), or other areas of murders in PA we have looked at?

I would bet whoever sent this thought every paper in the country got that envelope and had no idea it was just those three! A possible clue?

Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:57 am

Bungle = "The '78 "Zodiac" letter bears all the tells of a communication from the Manson Family, from the envelope to the message. In fact, it SCREAMS Manson Family."

AK = Yes, on the surface, I agree with you. So it could mean real Zodiac is connected to the Manson Family, or a Manson Family member or fan wrote this as a hoax, OR whoever wrote it wanted to misdirect police into a false lead.

Cimm, Mr. Bungle is a more stick to the facts kinda guy, he helps keep us honest lest we get too far in our speculating! But he often makes good points!

Bungle, I would say many serial killers ARE very rigid and predictable in their patterns, MO's, victim selection, etc. I would argue the facts show that Zodiac was NOT rigid at all, thus it makes it more difficult (for me anyway) to say for sure what he would or wouldn't do.

Of course when we actually see this Atlanta letter it may be clear to many of us if it is real or fake. Though the FBI seems to have played it straight down the middle, could mean if a hoax it is a good one, which would be frustrating!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:58 am

AK Wilks wrote:
Yes, if I understand it correctly, the message was written on that bit of paper, which "Z" (or whoever) stole out of a newspaper bundle drop off point. But the message was sent in a prepaid envelope for classic model cars. The FBI says only three cities got that particular envelope and ad:

Harrisburg PA

Chicago IL

Long Beach FLA

1. We know who had family in Chicago an visited there in the early 80's. Shocked

2. How far is Harrisburg PA from Lancaster, or State College (Penn State), or other areas of murders in PA we have looked at?

I would bet whoever sent this thought every paper in the country got that envelope and had no idea it was just those three! A possible clue?


Lancaster to Harrisburg is 51 minutes / 39.57 miles.

Harrisburg to State College is 1 hour 36 minutes / 87.61 miles

Stae College to Lancaster is 2 hours 18 minutes / 126.25 miles
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
avatar

Posts : 927
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 30
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:14 am

morf13 wrote:
I always thought this Atlanta case was interesting- http://georgiamysteries.blogspot.com/2009/08/atlantas-lovers-lane-killer-southern.html

Very Z-like, but apparently, the killer was a black man.

Now this is what I'd be looking for where it comes to 'possible Zodiac crimes', instead of all these murders of lone women and rapes. Brings this to mind: "I shot a man sitting in a parked car with a .38."

Where does it say that the killer was apparently a black man, morf? I've read the article from start to finish and it says nothing about a physical description, much less his ethnicity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:38 am

Nachtsider wrote:
Where does it say that the killer was apparently a black man, morf? I've read the article from start to finish and it says nothing about a physical description, much less his ethnicity.

You must have missed it Nacht. It says...

Article Exerpt wrote:
He came to their car around 2:45 a.m. and fired six rounds in to the vehicle. Luckily, the two were not hurt, but the assailant, who was described as a large African American male, seemed to grow frustrated by the fact that his bullets had not hit their mark.

-tbz
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
avatar

Posts : 927
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 30
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:45 am

Ah, nuts. That puts paid to 'possible Zodiac crime', then. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:51 am

Cimmerian 10 wrote:
MrBungle wrote:
Cimmerian 10 wrote:
A 1978 Zodiac letter to the Los Angeles Times mentions that he will kill of Elrdidge Cleaver as "the n_ggers gotta get their 20% quota, after all".

I would not rule out that letter being a Zodiac latter just because it mentions race. Mr Bungle, I believe you are far too rigid in your analysis of some of these letters. You said one letter could not have been from the Zodiac as it was apparently written in pencil.

The '78 "Zodiac" letter bears all the tells of a communication from the Manson Family, from the envelope to the message. In fact, it SCREAMS Manson Family. The fact that you refer to it as a Zodiac letter instead of properly calling it a POSSIBLE Zodiac letter is irresponsible.

I did NOT say the other letter could not have been from Z because it was in pencil, I stated that no authenticated Zodiac letter had been written in pencil, which lends credence to it not being genuine. I also brought up a whole lot of other points that you don't bother to bring up that point to it not being a Zodiac letter.

I am not being "too rigid" in my analysis, I'm simply using logic combined with letters we KNOW are from Zodiac to make an educated judgment. I could say that a lot of the analysis I've seen have been far too loose. The letters are just like POIs...no matter how many things look interesting, all you need is one thing that doesn't match up to invalidate it. Most of these letters have far more than one thing that doesn't add up.

Remember, there's a reason why there are letters deemed genuine and others that haven't been...and there's even doubts about some that are deemed genuine! It's all well and good to look at them and discuss them, but there's certainly nothing wrong with pointing out glaring inconsistencies.

Well, either way, if you say that a letter is any less likely to be a Zodiac letter just because it is written in pencil you are not using logic nor are you being reasonable. Just because the letter isn't in pen doesn't mean it doesn't "add up". I don't know whether or not the 1978 letter looks like it came from the Manson family or not, but it is eerily similar to a poem the East Area Rapist sent to Sacramento authorities in the same timeframe!

Cimm, apparently you just choose to ignore all of the other things I brought up that point to it not being a Zodiac communication. That's fine. But when every other Zodiac letter from '69-'74 (the undoubtedly genuine ones, Halloween card aside) follows a particular pattern, in this case the use of felt tip pens, it most certainly is logical AND reasonable to think there's something wrong with the letter. Even the fake April '78 letter used felt tip pen as to make it seem authentic.

As for the '78 letter, the rhetoric is straight out of the Family, from the racist content (which was un-Z like), to the actual people named (Zodiac never named particular people he would kill) to the notation used as the return address on the envelope (1234567 A.G.C.G.T.H.! = All Good Children Go To Heaven, a Beatles reference which was written on the door at the Spahn ranch by the Manson Family). Plus, the handwriting doesn't match up.

AK, I agree with most of your post, but, as above, would argue that the one thing Zodiac WAS consistent with was his letters. The rest is certainly all over the map. While I have some doubts with this Atlanta letter, I can't say either way until we actually see it...until then, it's obviously tough to make an educated judgment.
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
avatar

Posts : 927
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 30
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:15 pm

Well, this is where our opinions diverge, Bungle. I thought whoever wrote that 1978 letter really did his homework where it came to the phraseology used. If not for the handwriting, I'd have thought it the real deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:10 pm

Nacht, just want to be sure before I reply...are you speaking of the April letter or the May letter in 1978?
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
avatar

Posts : 927
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 30
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:46 pm

May, of course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Okay, I was pretty sure that's the one you meant.

I'd say the May letter starts off well, but then when it goes into the specific people, it falls off. I agree that the theoretical elements are there, but they don't really read right to me. You're right, though...the author definitely had a clue about what to include (specifically the movie idea).
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:30 pm

MrBungle wrote:
Cimmerian 10 wrote:
MrBungle wrote:
Cimmerian 10 wrote:
A 1978 Zodiac letter to the Los Angeles Times mentions that he will kill of Elrdidge Cleaver as "the n_ggers gotta get their 20% quota, after all".

I would not rule out that letter being a Zodiac latter just because it mentions race. Mr Bungle, I believe you are far too rigid in your analysis of some of these letters. You said one letter could not have been from the Zodiac as it was apparently written in pencil.

The '78 "Zodiac" letter bears all the tells of a communication from the Manson Family, from the envelope to the message. In fact, it SCREAMS Manson Family. The fact that you refer to it as a Zodiac letter instead of properly calling it a POSSIBLE Zodiac letter is irresponsible.

I did NOT say the other letter could not have been from Z because it was in pencil, I stated that no authenticated Zodiac letter had been written in pencil, which lends credence to it not being genuine. I also brought up a whole lot of other points that you don't bother to bring up that point to it not being a Zodiac letter.

I am not being "too rigid" in my analysis, I'm simply using logic combined with letters we KNOW are from Zodiac to make an educated judgment. I could say that a lot of the analysis I've seen have been far too loose. The letters are just like POIs...no matter how many things look interesting, all you need is one thing that doesn't match up to invalidate it. Most of these letters have far more than one thing that doesn't add up.

Remember, there's a reason why there are letters deemed genuine and others that haven't been...and there's even doubts about some that are deemed genuine! It's all well and good to look at them and discuss them, but there's certainly nothing wrong with pointing out glaring inconsistencies.

Well, either way, if you say that a letter is any less likely to be a Zodiac letter just because it is written in pencil you are not using logic nor are you being reasonable. Just because the letter isn't in pen doesn't mean it doesn't "add up". I don't know whether or not the 1978 letter looks like it came from the Manson family or not, but it is eerily similar to a poem the East Area Rapist sent to Sacramento authorities in the same timeframe!

Cimm, apparently you just choose to ignore all of the other things I brought up that point to it not being a Zodiac communication. That's fine. But when every other Zodiac letter from '69-'74 (the undoubtedly genuine ones, Halloween card aside) follows a particular pattern, in this case the use of felt tip pens, it most certainly is logical AND reasonable to think there's something wrong with the letter. Even the fake April '78 letter used felt tip pen as to make it seem authentic.

As for the '78 letter, the rhetoric is straight out of the Family, from the racist content (which was un-Z like), to the actual people named (Zodiac never named particular people he would kill) to the notation used as the return address on the envelope (1234567 A.G.C.G.T.H.! = All Good Children Go To Heaven, a Beatles reference which was written on the door at the Spahn ranch by the Manson Family). Plus, the handwriting doesn't match up.

AK, I agree with most of your post, but, as above, would argue that the one thing Zodiac WAS consistent with was his letters. The rest is certainly all over the map. While I have some doubts with this Atlanta letter, I can't say either way until we actually see it...until then, it's obviously tough to make an educated judgment.


I don't think it's logical to assume that just because previous letters were written with felt-tip pens any possible Zodiac letter written in pencil cannot be considered... What, did the Zodiac have some sort of felt-tip pen obsession or was writing with a felt-tip pen a ritual for him?

As for "1234567 AGCGTH", that is not necessarily a Beatles reference. That is a nursery that has been around for more than a hundred years (it was mentioned as early as 1888 in literature).

The handwriting very well could have been altered purposefully. It is in a "Norse" style and Zodiac apparently had an interest in this. I don't think that just because Zodiac didn't make any racist comments in prior letters he could not make them in a future letter. We can think of a thousand different technical inconsistencies (one letter smells like hamburgers instead of hotdogs, the other is not on the right paper, it wasn't folded correctly etc) but these aren't really legitimate concerns.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:59 pm

"I don't think it's logical to assume that just because previous letters were written with felt-tip pens any possible Zodiac letter written in pencil cannot be considered... What, did the Zodiac have some sort of felt-tip pen obsession or was writing with a felt-tip pen a ritual for him?"

I agree we shouldn't exclude a letter simply because it was written in pencil. However, I believe Mr. B is saying that breaking the trend from known correspondence is just one of the cons.

"As for "1234567 AGCGTH", that is not necessarily a Beatles reference. That is a nursery that has been around for more than a hundred years (it was mentioned as early as 1888 in literature)."

Regardless of its source, it still does not dismiss the fact that the song/nursery rhyme reference was also written on the Spahn Ranch door (and the Family was rather influenced by the Beatles' music). Then there's the obviously "Mansonesque overtones" of the letter (racism, piggies, Susan Atkins, etc.). The backwards "A.I.C." on the envelope could very well stand for "All In Charlie," (thought I really don't know about that one). For me, it's like nothing Z has said before - different "motivation" entirely.

"The handwriting very well could have been altered purposefully. It is in a "Norse" style and Zodiac apparently had an interest in this. I don't think that just because Zodiac didn't make any racist comments in prior letters he could not make them in a future letter. We can think of a thousand different technical inconsistencies (one letter smells like hamburgers instead of hotdogs, the other is not on the right paper, it wasn't folded correctly etc) but these aren't really legitimate concerns."

I think the only reason this letter is linked to the Zodiac is because it has the word "Zodiac." Zodiac has taken credit for murders he did not commit, and I'm sure there are those who have attributed murders and letters to him. Just isn't enough to go on here for me.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:05 pm

This letter was sent in a prepaid envelope from Williamsport, PA, in April 1981, within 45 days of the Zodiac letter and the Bussing letter.

It mentioned the Atlanta child murders and also had a threat to President Reagan.





Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:09 pm

This thread is to discuss the Atlanta "Zodiac" letter and other related Atlanta letters.

Any future discussion of the May 1978 letter should be here:

http://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/unconfirmed-zodiac-letters-mailings-general-discussion-f6/may-1978-unconfirmed-zodiac-letter-to-la-tv-station-t435.htm

Perhaps Howard Davis can post his excellent analysis of the letter there.

In any event let us have further comments on the May 78 letter there, OK?

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:37 pm

No problem, AK...I don't need to respond anyway, as thebigz summed it all up perfectly, since cimm still didn't get it. Thanks, Aqui...

thebigZ wrote:
"I don't think it's logical to assume that just because previous letters were written with felt-tip pens any possible Zodiac letter written in pencil cannot be considered... What, did the Zodiac have some sort of felt-tip pen obsession or was writing with a felt-tip pen a ritual for him?"

I agree we shouldn't exclude a letter simply because it was written in pencil. However, I believe Mr. B is saying that breaking the trend from known correspondence is just one of the cons.

"As for "1234567 AGCGTH", that is not necessarily a Beatles reference. That is a nursery that has been around for more than a hundred years (it was mentioned as early as 1888 in literature)."

Regardless of its source, it still does not dismiss the fact that the song/nursery rhyme reference was also written on the Spahn Ranch door (and the Family was rather influenced by the Beatles' music). Then there's the obviously "Mansonesque overtones" of the letter (racism, piggies, Susan Atkins, etc.). The backwards "A.I.C." on the envelope could very well stand for "All In Charlie," (thought I really don't know about that one). For me, it's like nothing Z has said before - different "motivation" entirely.

"The handwriting very well could have been altered purposefully. It is in a "Norse" style and Zodiac apparently had an interest in this. I don't think that just because Zodiac didn't make any racist comments in prior letters he could not make them in a future letter. We can think of a thousand different technical inconsistencies (one letter smells like hamburgers instead of hotdogs, the other is not on the right paper, it wasn't folded correctly etc) but these aren't really legitimate concerns."

I think the only reason this letter is linked to the Zodiac is because it has the word "Zodiac." Zodiac has taken credit for murders he did not commit, and I'm sure there are those who have attributed murders and letters to him. Just isn't enough to go on here for me.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:36 pm

SorRY... i weRe COnfuZed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter    

Back to top Go down
 
FOIA Request - Atlanta "Zodiac" Letter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Our resignation letter for those who missed it-
» TORA GT Rounds 11 & 12 - Road Atlanta Full Sunday 21st August 20:00 Hours BST
» Skin request
» Custom Logo Work Request
» To Request a Gift on your Friend's Wall: 

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Unconfirmed Zodiac Letters & Mailings General Discussion-
Jump to: