Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino

Go down 
+22
Jem
StitchMallone
Luke68
katana9q
Ricardo
Seagull
sandy betts
tracers
tahoe27
Nin
calman
bayarea60s
Quagmire
Azazel
entropy
Zamantha
Nachtsider
AK Wilks
rand
morf13
bentley
Theforeigner
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:01 am

WOW, that is incredible Foreigner! affraid Simply shocking. How can people not want to look at this guy more??/ There is way too much to ignore. Who was the 67 San Bernardino victim, any ideas?

We really need a team effort to look at this guy closer. Count me in (as i already have provided some stuff), I know NACH, and BENTLEY want to look at him closer, and I know Foreigner is interested too. Let's share everything we have on the guy...PM's would be better.
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:23 am

Here is more on the "Riverside Univerity" and the strange story about Charles R. Ashman and Melvin Belli.
But it still does not indetify exactley what univerity this is.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,944319,00.html

Education: On the Up Side of Down

Monday, Mar. 29, 1971

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,944319,00.html#ixzz0yFPin9Tr

In the words of its president, California's private Riverside University is for "the average guy" who went to work out of high school and later decided to try college. To many of its 1,000 students, Riverside is thus a sort of university of second chances. As it turns out, a star faculty member is also a second-chancer, though hardly the kind academe is used to.

Armed with impressive references, Lawyer Charles R. Ashman, 35, joined one other full-time faculty member at Riverside's tiny new law school last fall and did such a good job that in November he was named associate dean. Two months ago, Ashman put the 18-month-old school on the edge of the academic map by staging a legal-education conference with speakers like F. Lee Bailey, Melvin Belli and Admiral Joseph McDevitt, the Navy's Judge Advocate General. For Belli, who had lectured before at the school, the conference was climaxed by his appointment as dean emeritus (though he had never been dean).

Parole Violator. Amid all this publicity, the Pulitzer prizewinning Riverside Press-Enterprise decided to do a story on the new law school. It soon got a tip suggesting that Dean Ashman might be too good to be true. The newspaper learned among other things that the University of Tennessee and Oxford University, where Ashman claimed to have studied, had never heard of him.

More digging revealed that Ashman had indeed earned a law degree at Tennessee's Cumberland College, but that in 1964, while practicing in Florida, he was convicted of passing bad checks and forced out of the state bar association. Transferred from jail to a state mental hospital, he spent two years before being paroled on condition that he remain in Florida until 1969 for psychiatric treatment.

Instead, Ashman got a job teaching political science at California's University of the Pacific in 1968. He left five months later, apparently when the university discovered that he was a Florida parole violator. Undaunted, Ashman won a pardon and in 1969 began soliciting donations from San Francisco businessmen to launch what he called the American Public Affairs Foundation. It soon collapsed: the Better Business Bureau issued a warning that he was misrepresenting himself. Riverside University hired Ashman 16 months later.

All in the Family. Riverside President George Holgate's response to the expose was immediate: Ashman will not be fired. "Surely freedom of the press is no license to destroy," wrote Holgate in the school paper. He believes that "professors should feel confidence that once they join the university family, people will stand by them."

Despite Riverside University's confidence in him, Dean Ashman still has problems. Donations to the young institution have dropped off since the article appeared, and the law school is still seeking accreditation by state bar examiners. President Holgate is unconcerned. If the school does not make it this time, he says, there will always be a second chance. But whether the examiners will offer that chance, when the law dean is an ex-convict, is anybody's guess.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,944319,00.html#ixzz0yFPYwW9Z

http://www.lawlink.com/research/CaseLevel3/50693

People v. Riverside University [35 Cal.App.3d 572]
People v. Riverside University , 35 Cal.App.3d 572
[Civ. No. 12418. Court of Appeals of California, Fourth Appellate District, Division Two. November 26, 1973.]
THE PEOPLE, Plaintiff, v. RIVERSIDE UNIVERSITY et al., Defendants and Respondents; LeMOYNE S. BADGER, as Receiver, etc., Petitioner and Appellant

Quote:

On May 5, 1971, under the authority vested in him by Corporations Code section 9505, fn. 1 the Attorney General filed the underlying action against Riverside University and three of its officers (George Holgate, president; Charles Ashman, dean of the law school; and Ronald D. Barrington, dean of admissions) charging, inter alia, that the university is a nonprofit corporation organized under the laws of the State of California engaged in the business of operating an educational institution; defendants, in violation of state laws and public policy, have been making false and misleading representations in order to induce members of the public to enroll in the university; defendants have engaged in a course of conduct in violation of the laws of the United States by misappropriating federally insured student loan funds and grants; defendants have engaged in unfair and fraudulent business practices in violation of Civil Code section 3369 (unfair competition). The complaint sought an injunction, exemplary damages, and other equitable relief.
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:41 am

In my previous post, I forgot to add page 2 of the Melvin Belli book so here they are:

Melvin Belli's book MY LIFE ON TRIAL contains a passage regarding this "suspect" and the incident in Riverside. I have posted the two relevant pages below.

"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 Melvin%20Belli%20-%20My%20Life%20On%20Trial%20-%20re%20Zodiac%20and%20Riverside%201

"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 Melvin%20Belli%20-%20My%20Life%20On%20Trial%20-%20re%20Zodiac%20and%20Riverside%202
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
Nachtsider

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:45 am

Don't worry about the flub, Foreigner. We're all human. Smile

What is Mike Butterfield implying? That this law student kid and Zode are the same person? I doubt it. There's no evidence that Zode even went to university.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:31 am

Nachtsider wrote:

What is Mike Butterfield implying? That this law student kid and Zode are the same person? I doubt it. There's no evidence that Zode even went to university.

I dont think we could know for sure unless we saw transcripts or records. I know dozens of people, who were not college types that wound up giving it a shot, and doing a semester or two here n there before dropping out. Anyway you slice it, ZODE mentioning that he was in the Riverside campus music room with Melvin B. is weird enough for me. Its downright spooky!
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:24 am

Nachtsider wrote:

Thanks Nacht Smile

maybe MB is implying that Zode and the guy at the Riverside Univerity was the same, HOWEVER the fact that MLZ aka Zode HIMSELF mention this episode in his "letter to the editor" in the Inland Empire Magazine in June 2009, sure makes, at least me, belive that Zode WAS the guy that melvin belli is talking about in his book
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:33 am

MZ says the Belli talk was not limited to law school students, but also included prospective students, and who knows, maybe members of the public.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:39 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
MZ says the Belli talk was not limited to law school students, but also included prospective students, and who knows, maybe members of the public.

True, but if this guy called himself Z, went to school with Patricia Hautz, and was at that meeting with Melvin, that makes him a little more interesting all around! Maybe circumstantial or coincidence, but well worth a look.
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:13 pm

morf13 wrote:
AK Wilks wrote:

True, but if this guy called himself Z, went to school with Patricia Hautz, and was at that meeting with Melvin, that makes him a little more interesting all around! Maybe circumstantial or coincidence, but well worth a look.

The big question IMO is WHY on earth did MZ choose to tell this odd story about Belli and the little known Riverside Univerity in the first place? The theme of the letter was The Mission Inn history ( a big famous hotel), so what has that other story to do with anything?
Well IMO it have several ingrediences that makes one think of the Zodiac killer case, was that MZ intend?:

Riverside Univerity (Riverside City college)
Melvin Belli
Music Room (the RH poem was found in the music room at RCC)
And the rest of the letter was about somone who died.

All together an odd letter IMO

And cupple that with the new info that Belli went to this very same Riverside Uni episode on an undercover mission, to check out a Zodiac suspect who was one of the students and had called himself Zodiac and threathed a girl.

And add to that that MZ who wrote the letter about this episode alledged called himself Zodiac in High School .

All this is IS IMO exstreamly strange Shocked
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:19 pm

Not to mention the fact he confirmed he is originally from Riverside, is like a cherry on top.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:08 pm

morf13 wrote:
For those interested in ZODE as a possible Z candidate, I am posting this cursive writing sample from him. I think I have careful removed anything that could give his ID away. Too bad its not printed writing.
"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 Mlz10

I would think that the numbers alone in this sample make it very unlikely that he was Z. They're nothing like the way Z made numbers.
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Hey Rand, ALOT of us are still very interested in this Zode guy, so please let us continue on with our hunt and theories. And yeah I bet alot of us don't this this
letter is very Z like, but we are still looking an pondering every thing else. From what I've seen all 3 Forums are very interested in this Zode and wanting more
info. SO lets keep digging.....
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:08 pm

Anyone know of any 1967 San Bernardino Victims that could be the possible Z victim mentioned by Belli?
"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 Womanz10

I had found a case of a woman in that area who was on the side of the road in her car and was shot. A witness saw a guy who appeared to be helping her with her car, or something like that, but her boyfriend was supposedly suspected of the crime and was shot by them in a shootout.

Last edited by morf13 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Any chance he made a mistake and really meant the May 1, 1967 murder of Nikki Benedict in San Diego County?

He does say "San Bernardino area". Area, not city.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:14 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
Any chance he made a mistake and really meant the May 1, 1967 murder of Nikki Benedict in San Diego County?

He does say "San Bernardino area". Area, not city.

I dont think that would be the one as the two cities are 2 hours apart.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:17 pm

Benedict was killed in north San Diego County, I thought.

I don't know the name of the city.

Maybe he got it mixed up.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:23 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
Benedict was killed in north San Diego County, I thought.

I don't know the name of the city.

Maybe he got it mixed up.

She was killed in POWAY
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:26 pm

Zamantha wrote:
Hey Rand, ALOT of us are still very interested in this Zode guy, so please let us continue on with our hunt and theories. And yeah I bet alot of us don't this this
letter is very Z like, but we are still looking an pondering every thing else. From what I've seen all 3 Forums are very interested in this Zode and wanting more

By all means, Zam. But surely I can offer my opinion about the POI's handwriting, right? I've offered handwriting that was much closer to Z's (if not a match) and have had nothing but categoric responses in the negative about it. Yet no one criticizes these posts. So why, when I voice an opinion about a suspect's handwriting do I get: "Hey Rand, ALOT of us are still very interested in this Zode guy, so please let us continue on with our hunt and theories"? Where do I say that you can't continue to be interested in this guy?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:29 pm

rand wrote:
Zamantha wrote:

By all means, Zam. But surely I can offer my opinion about the POI's handwriting, right? I've offered handwriting that was much closer to Z's (if not a match) and have had nothing but categoric responses in the negative about it. Yet no one criticizes these posts. So why, when I voice an opinion about a suspect's handwriting do I get: "Hey Rand, ALOT of us are still very interested in this Zode guy, so please let us continue on with our hunt and theories"? Where do I say that you can't continue to be interested in this guy?

Rand has a right to say if this writing looks like Z's or not. Personally, I dont think his numbers look like Z's nor does his cursive look like the Lass xmas card. That being said, there is a bunch of interesting stuff to sort thru regarding this guy and I for one am really fascinated at how many things seem to bring him into the Zodiac discussion.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:38 pm

It is fascinating. In the end, i'm afraid it will only prove an interesting distraction. But, even in the best of circumstances, that can be said about every POI thread except one ASSUMING -- big assumption here -- that we've collectively been able to identity Z.
Back to top Go down
bayarea60s
Chief

PostSubject: Morf   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 4:51 am

Have to agree with you there...First thing jumped out at me was the numbers...They don't look right to me at all...But the guy may have had a bad number day, who knows. Certainly shouldn't discourage anyone from continuing the hunt....
Back to top Go down
bayarea60s
Chief

PostSubject: Poway   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:09 am

Now there's an interesting town...Now I've read that a certain known Vallejo resident, not only once lived in Poway, but actually lived on the same street as Miss Benedict. Now if that were all true, and if this Vallejo dude lived on the same street at the time of Miss Benedict's death, then I'd say that would be way too coincidental. I just have never seen the proof myself, but if it's out there and anyone has this info on the board here, than please produce it.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:30 am

bayarea60s wrote:
Now there's an interesting town...Now I've read that a certain known Vallejo resident, not only once lived in Poway, but actually lived on the same street as Miss Benedict. Now if that were all true, and if this Vallejo dude lived on the same street at the time of Miss Benedict's death, then I'd say that would be way too coincidental. I just have never seen the proof myself, but if it's out there and anyone has this info on the board here, than please produce it.

No, he DID live there, only I dont think anyone ever determined when.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Inland Empire Magazine Letter   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:49 am

Hi Folks,

I'm the one who posted the IE Mag letter on the ZKF board. I was a bit hesitant to post the link, as the POI's full name is given; however, it seems everyone is up to speed on not posting names on the forum. So for those who are interested...

http://zoap.zinio.com/search/index.jsp;jsessionid=D882F72664C1D116EBB5E4033E892B5C.ful201a?s=leg%20mover&categoryId=1192&productId=363943459&pageRequested=2

I believe you can read the whole mag, if you've got that much time to kill.

Though quite compelling, I'm approaching these POI leads with the usual cautious/skeptical optimism. The handwriting discrepancies are a bit troublesome and should not be ignored by the zealous, yet it appears that from known correspondence, Z was quite adept at disguising his print. It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility that Z has authored some of the "questionable" letters as well.

-tbz
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 9:42 am

Here is a crime down in the L.A. area that has some striking similarities to the BATES murder. The victim was killed for no apparent reason as she was getting ready to leave campus. The killer was about the same age as ZODE, and looks like a younger version of both ZODE's current photo from this year, and he also looks like a younger version of the Z sketch:

https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/all-other-possible-zodiac-victims-f23/sunny-lyn-dagowitz-southern-ca-victim-t48.htm

Any opinions? I know its a stretch, and nearly impossible to connect him, but it definitely has some similarities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

"ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino
Page 8 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next