Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DGH School teacher suspect

Go down 
+11
Nin
tahoe27
jay st
sandy betts
Ricardo
Boilermaker
Zamantha
Nachtsider
rand
bentley
morf13
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

DGH School teacher suspect Empty
PostSubject: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:05 pm

DGH School teacher suspect-

On the TOPIX site, in the Vallejo forum, there was a discussion about Zodiac. Most of it was BS, and not serious. Two posters who seemed pretty serious stated that there was a teacher that was questioned about the Z murders, that he looked like the sketch, and even held a meeting with the students to set the recod straight that he was not Zodiac.

These are the statements from the two people:

The first poster was from PARADISE CA
"He very closely matched the description given by both of the cab driver killing witnesses as well as the weight determined by the shoe imprint casts.
Keep in mind that these two are the only witnesses to have given a "credible" description of a possible suspect (the keyword here is "possible"). Every other witnesses description was either pure speculation or that of a suspect who was entirely covered in "clothing".
Again, the fact that he very closely matched the only credible witness descriptions and also went as far as to fabricate a story of his arrest and questioning by the SFPD (in regards to the cab driver killing) indicates that he most likely was the Zodiac.
However, a DNA test on this guy's remains would have the best chance of proving or disproving this previously well known yet now often "forgotten" theory. This guy is, BTW, one of the last "suspects" that has not been DNA tested
"

The second poster was from CHICO, CA
"He was, most likely, a high school teacher that most closely fit the description given by the two eye witnesses in the SF cab driver killing (these two witnesses, btw, gave the only credible descriptions in this entire case).
This HS teacher was, by his own account, arrested and questioned by the SFPD in regards to the cab driver case. He then went as far as to hold an "all school" (i.e. we all had to attend) student meeting in our HS auditorium so as to "give his side of the story" of how he was "mistreated" and "profiled" by the SFPD.
His entire story was later proven false which would lead one to think that he was trying to discredit any possible future charges against him.
In other words, he may have "given himself away" by making up this story
"

"He was D.G.H school teacher"

Is DGH an abbreviation for a school name, or the initials of the teacher?

A few of us have been looking, but so far not much luck.

Since the two posters seem to cooerate each other's story, and they are located in towns 20 miles apart, there is a good chance that DGH (the school or the teacher) was located in their area.
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:37 pm

Never occurred to me DGH could be his initials. Embarassed

Dr. George Hodel?

Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:48 pm

"Again, the fact that he very closely matched the only credible witness descriptions and also went as far as to fabricate a story of his arrest and questioning by the SFPD (in regards to the cab driver killing) indicates that he most likely was the Zodiac."

No there's some airtight logic for you. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 5:07 pm

(LOL, Rand.. Very Happy )

I am still very curious about this, and wil lhave to look much later this evening when I have time...(My daughter is playing football on her high school team, and I am her taxi to football camp...LOL)

From the way it was worded, it looked like the school name, with it being D*** G*** High school, but I suppose it could be someone's initials, too...
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
Nachtsider

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 9:19 pm

"The keyword here is 'possible'." What the hell is that supposed to mean? Who else could it have been that the witnesses saw? Rolling Eyes

Nitpick aside, I remember once hearing that a Vallejo man other than Leigh Allen was under investigation for being Zodiac. Could this be him?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 9:22 pm

Nachtsider wrote:
"The keyword here is 'possible'." What the hell is that supposed to mean? Who else could it have been that the witnesses saw? Rolling Eyes

Nitpick aside, I remember once hearing that a Vallejo man other than Leigh Allen was under investigation for being Zodiac. Could this be him?

According to the Topix posts, the guy was NOT from the Vallejo area.

I also considered the possibility that the poster just made the whole incident up. But another poster seemed to cooberate the story. Here is the link:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/vallejo-ca/TF1545P7N0SJJJ8SH/p11
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:22 am

Interesting Article. I keep re reading thinking a clue will jump out. That one poster is from Paradise, CA.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 6:42 am

Zamantha wrote:
Interesting Article. I keep re reading thinking a clue will jump out. That one poster is from Paradise, CA.

And the other one that confirmed his story is from CHICO, 20 minutes from Paradise. I tend to think that the school or the teacher was in that area.
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 10:21 am

morf13 wrote:
Zamantha wrote:

And the other one that confirmed his story is from CHICO, 20 minutes from Paradise. I tend to think that the school or the teacher was in that area.

So perhaps a professor from Chico State? I recall going up to Chico to visit friends, (especially for the wild Pioneer Weekend, LOL*) Yes, Chico and Paradise
are not too far from each other. Need more info. from these posters!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 11:20 am

Zamantha wrote:
morf13 wrote:
Zamantha wrote:

So perhaps a professor from Chico State? I recall going up to Chico to visit friends, (especially for the wild Pioneer Weekend, LOL*) Yes, Chico and Paradise
are not too far from each other. Need more info. from these posters!

DGH wouldnt be the abbreviation for Chico State, so if he taught there, DGH would have to be his initials. There are a couple towns in that area that start with the letter "D"
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:41 am

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:12 am

Looking closer.... the poster said:

"He was, most likely, a high school teacher that most closely fit the description given by the two eye witnesses in the SF cab driver killing (these two witnesses, btw, gave the only credible descriptions in this entire case).
This HS teacher was, by his own account, arrested and questioned by the SFPD in regards to the cab driver case. He then went as far as to hold an "all school" (i.e. we all had to attend) student meeting in our HS auditorium so as to "give his side of the story" of how he was "mistreated" and "profiled" by the SFPD.
His entire story was later proven false which would lead one to think that he was trying to discredit any possible future charges against him.
In other words, he may have "given himself away" by making up this story."

The poster mentions HIGH SCHOOL, 3 times. Its pretty clear that the teacher was a high school teacher, NOT college or elementary...now which high school was it????

Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:55 am

Maybe a Catholic High School, or even Continuation School. Think out of the box, might not be your normal High School?
Back to top Go down
Boilermaker
Sergeant

PostSubject: Closed?   DGH School teacher suspect EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:28 pm

Lot of schools get closed and/or merged over the years..could this be a defunct school?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:45 pm

....that's another excellent possibility, Boilermaker...

I looked here, and still cannot find it, but that does not mean it is not out there somewhere...I'm thinking now, maybe it is a nickname/alternative name for a school??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Unified_School_District

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:56 pm

OK...all of you Californians, help me out here...LOL Very Happy

DG....could it be a nick for "Dieguito" as in (San) Dieguito...

http://sdafoundation.com/alumni/history/
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:36 pm

Zabagliona wrote:
OK...all of you Californians, help me out here...LOL Very Happy

DG....could it be a nick for "Dieguito" as in (San) Dieguito...

http://sdafoundation.com/alumni/history/

Again, that could be the initials of the teacher not the school. But since the people that posted it were in PARADISE & CHICO, 20 miles apart, I am concentrating my efforts in that area
Back to top Go down
Ricardo
Sergeant
Ricardo

PostSubject: Donald Gene Harden   DGH School teacher suspect EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Excuse me, for jumping in this conversation...

The initial question in this thread was about who was the DGH school teacher suspect.

The topix commentators seem to be omitting information that would specifically identify this teacher, other than the initials DGH.

It is my understanding that this teacher was Donald Gene Harden who, together with Bettye June Harden, solved the 408-symbol cipher.

It would be expected that the investigators would have questioned Donald (and Bettye) about the Zodiac case, whether or not Donald was actually considered a suspect.

Donald was a teacher at North Salinas High School in 1969.

It would make sense that Donald would have talked with the students at the high school about the Zodiac case because there would be news reports referring to Donald.

(Bettye’s name was withheld from some early news reports as a precaution.)

http://cdn.sfgate.com/chronicle/acrobat/2007/02/25/zodiac_1969_08_09.pdf
Back to top Go down
http://www.mk-zodiac.com

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 1:35 pm

Thank you Ricardo! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

That makes total sense...

It's unfortunate, though, that even though he and his wife had nothing to do with Z's crimes, that people would still perpetuate some kind of nasty rumor that they/he were/was involved, somehow...
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 3:12 pm

I disagree. I havent heard anyplace that Don Harden was questioned in the Stine murder, and/or arrested. I also dont think he looked like the Z sketch.

The only similarity is that he had those initials, but the rest doesnt seem to match
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:18 pm

It could be people confounding two things, though, Morf...It could be them thinking that the teacher was Harden, when it was actually another teacher in the area....so, they are using the initials of the wrong person, BUT there was another suspect teacher with a different name, etc.....maybe the best thing to do is to get on that Topix thread and ask and see if one of those folks will come back to clarify....What do you think???
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:38 pm

Zabagliona wrote:
It could be people confounding two things, though, Morf...It could be them thinking that the teacher was Harden, when it was actually another teacher in the area....so, they are using the initials of the wrong person, BUT there was another suspect teacher with a different name, etc.....maybe the best thing to do is to get on that Topix thread and ask and see if one of those folks will come back to clarify....What do you think???

I have asked as well, no responses
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:05 pm

....darn it....
Back to top Go down
Ricardo
Sergeant
Ricardo

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:33 pm

I hope that the topix commentators will provide additional information to clarify. For example, why not include the name of the school?

I do not think it is controversial that the investigators would have questioned Donald Gene Harden because it would be important to interview anyone who had pertinent information about the Zodiac case.

I can understand the difference in opinion about whether or not Donald was a suspect. From Donald’s perspective, he might have alluded to the students that he was a suspect. However, the police would have told the public that Donald was not a suspect.

Also, because of confidentiality, it would not surprise me if it ever happened that the police would not confirm that any particular person was a suspect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mk-zodiac.com
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:39 pm

These were the comments made by the TOPIX posters-

The first poster was from PARADISE CA
"He very closely matched the description given by both of the cab driver killing witnesses as well as the weight determined by the shoe imprint casts.
Keep in mind that these two are the only witnesses to have given a "credible" description of a possible suspect (the keyword here is "possible"). Every other witnesses description was either pure speculation or that of a suspect who was entirely covered in "clothing".
Again, the fact that he very closely matched the only credible witness descriptions and also went as far as to fabricate a story of his arrest and questioning by the SFPD (in regards to the cab driver killing) indicates that he most likely was the Zodiac.
However, a DNA test on this guy's remains would have the best chance of proving or disproving this previously well known yet now often "forgotten" theory. This guy is, BTW, one of the last "suspects" that has not been DNA tested"

The second poster was from CHICO, CA
This HS teacher was, by his own account, arrested and questioned by the SFPD in regards to the cab driver case. He then went as far as to hold an "all school" (i.e. we all had to attend) student meeting in our HS auditorium so as to "give his side of the story" of how he was "mistreated" and "profiled" by the SFPD. His entire story was later proven false which would lead one to think that he was trying to discredit any possible future charges against him.
In other words, he may have "given himself away" by making up this story

I dont think Don Harden ever was associated with ANY of these details listed...and he certainly did NOT look likethe Z sketch, at least not to me. Not to mention that he lived 2 hours from Vallejo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   DGH School teacher suspect Empty

Back to top Go down

DGH School teacher suspect
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next