Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino

Go down 
+22
Jem
StitchMallone
Luke68
katana9q
Ricardo
Seagull
sandy betts
tracers
tahoe27
Nin
calman
bayarea60s
Quagmire
Azazel
entropy
Zamantha
Nachtsider
AK Wilks
rand
morf13
bentley
Theforeigner
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
entropy
Captain

"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 21 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 11:39 am

Seagull wrote:
I believe that Belli became the focus of Zodiac because he appeared on the Dunbar Show. Remember that in the original call, likely made be Eric Weil from the Napa State Hospital, the caller asked for either Belli or F Lee Bailey. It was Belli who was available to go to the Dunbar Show so by default it was he who attracted Zodiac's attention. Had F Lee Bailey been available it's likely that Zodiac would have written to him instead of Belli. So, I don't think that the fact that Zode was an admirer of Belli holds that much weight. Had Zode expressed admiration for Bailey as well it might mean more to me.

Agreed. Although I still question the possibility that Zodiac might have called Oakland P.D. for whatever reason, requesting Belli or Bailey and then decided to focus on Belli because he provided him with the requested attention. I totally agree that if Bailey had responded instead, he would have received a letter requesting "help" from Zodiac.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 21 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 7:51 am

You may be right about Z getting interested in Belli after the Dunbar show. As for ZODE, his interest in Belli started way back in his college years late 60s to early 70's (I forget the exact year)when he was in the Law college in which Belli came to. Belli was a speaker at his class.

*The Graysmith book mentions that Belli was brought there to see if there was any odd reaction from Zode,and he wrote that under cover police were scattered in the room.

*Belli also wrote that he had gone there and walked up to Zode and asked him straight out if he was Zodiac,and I think he said "the kid almost pissed his pants" or something like that

*ZODE told me that Belli was indeed there and that it was a favor to the class instructor who had known him,and that he got to meet and greet Belli.

The one thing in commom is that all 3 say the incident happened, but describe it a bit different (you can see more detailed info about this earlier on in this thread)

Back to top Go down
smithy
Chief
smithy

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 21 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:48 am

Seagull wrote:
I believe that Belli became the focus of Zodiac because he appeared on the Dunbar Show. Remember that in the original call, likely made by Eric Weil from the Napa State Hospital, the caller asked for either Belli or F Lee Bailey.

I certainly agree with the former Taco Cat, but I would contest the latter I think. I suspect that the original call - the one that led to Belli being on the air in the first place - was made by our friendly neighbourhood Zodiac, in order to continue his time in the limelight - and that had Eric not called in to have his 15 minutes of fame, then the Zodiac perhaps would have. In the event he didn't need to, since another kook came out to play. He must have loved that.
Just my opinion, of course. FWIW. Maybe Eric Weil wanted that limelight all along. Ya never know.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 21 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:48 am

Theforeigner wrote:
Theforeigner wrote:
Theforeigner wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:
The way I saw it, the article is actually referring to a place called 'Riverside University'...

You might be right Nacht, I´ll try to see if I can find a Uni in Riverside with that name.

Thanks for pointing this out.

I do belive you are right Nacht, and also; RCC was/is NOT a Univerity, it was/is a college.

SO SORRY for the mistake Embarassed

Here is somthing about the Melvin Bellie story, note that there is much more about the guy who "hired" melvin belli, in the link:

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/ashman-adventures-of-an-uninteresting-person/Content?oid=871723

Who was Charles Ashman?

The best place to ask is at the Riverside Press-Enterprise in California. Librarians there tell us a private investigator showed up late last year, identified her client as the Sun-Times, and began xeroxing.

The key article was written in 1971, when Ashman, then 35, was dean of an unaccredited law school at a local university. The article painted Ashman's domain as a cheesy operation given to the flamboyant gesture: for example, Melvin Belli, who had never taught there, much less retired from there, was installed as "dean emeritus" after locating his new International Court of Last Resort at the law school; on the other hand, the school looked for a law professor by running a want ad in the Press-Enterprise.

STILL don´t know what University this melvin belli episode took place, would be interesting to know.

CHECK THIS OUT!!! affraid

Michael Buttefield posted this over at his forum in connection with the MLZ issue:

http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=601&start=70

Melvin Belli's book MY LIFE ON TRIAL contains a passage regarding this "suspect" and the incident in Riverside. I have posted the two relevant pages below.

"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 21 Melvin%20Belli%20-%20My%20Life%20On%20Trial%20-%20re%20Zodiac%20and%20Riverside%201

"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 21 Melvin%20Belli%20-%20My%20Life%20On%20Trial%20-%20re%20Zodiac%20and%20Riverside%202

So now MLZ is sending kind of a "letter to the editor" about this MELVIN BELLI incident, which was about a ZODIAC SUSPECT, a kid who called himmself Zodiac and alledged had threathed a girl. And that story was in fact about HIMSELF !!!

This is getting more and more interesting Cool
Back to top Go down
tracers
Chief
tracers

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 21 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:55 pm

Interesting! As for the university being referred to, could it be the University of California at Riverside? Or did someone already suggest that? (I am trying to catch up, but there is a lot to read in this thread.)
Back to top Go down
tracers
Chief
tracers

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 21 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:39 am

What I find funny is when you think you can finally write Zode off as being Zodiac something else always comes up later that is interesting.
Back to top Go down
Quicktrader
Chief
Quicktrader

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 21 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 3:23 am

San Bernardino woman, 1967?

QT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

"ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21