Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fred Manalli

Go down 
+18
Quicktrader
Quagmire
Zamantha
AK Wilks
trainmaster
duckking2001
doranchak
Jem
Nachtsider
onewhoknows
Luke68
patinky
traveller1st
bentley
morf13
Theforeigner
tahoe27
Seagull
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Fred Manalli - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 8:00 pm

traveller1st wrote:
morf13 wrote:
traveller1st wrote:
Shocked wow.

Oh I'd say there's a good chance he read it alright. Not least because DC is in it but also every thing and everyone else he name dropped including, Faulkner, Katherine Anne Porter, Eudora Welty, and Heart of darkness is in it which Manalli lists as one of his favourites

There was a thread at zk.com on 'HEART OF DARKNESS',one of Manalli's favorites:
http://zodiackiller.21.forumer.com/a/heart-of-darkness_post2407.html

This thread also mentions 'Lord Jim' which I think Manalli said somewhere he was also reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Jim

Joseph Conrad IS mentioned by Manalli more than once in his letters. Conrad wrote LORD JIM & HEART OF DARKNESS.

So many writers & subjects mentioned by Manalli have been mentioned by people on zodiac forums already. People have seen the clues and have noted them. Now you have Manalli's writing similarity to zodiac's and his mentions of violence,murder,and his own mental health. He was a suspect in one or more Santa Rosa murders. You would be hard pressed to find another POI with all these tid bits
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 8:14 pm

traveller1st wrote:
Seagull wrote:
Kim Allen was carrying a backpack. It is noted here-

http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com/allen.html

The last document on the page, item #5.

Her backpack was found with her though so it can't be the one found in Manalli's house.

No! That was a list of things that Kim was known to be wearing and carrying when she was last seen. She was found nude with none of her belongings. The only personal item she had on her person was one earring. All of the SRHM victims were found nude with none of their belongings present.

Read this.

http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com/scso_victims_report.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Seagull, wasnt there another victim or victims found missing one earring?
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Ah of course.

lol, sorry it was just when I read the report it seemed so detailed I thought the items must have been in possession of LE. My bad. Trust me to overlook one of the main points about the crimes - naked bar one earring.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 8:33 pm

morf13 wrote:
traveller1st wrote:
morf13 wrote:
traveller1st wrote:
Shocked wow.

Oh I'd say there's a good chance he read it alright. Not least because DC is in it but also every thing and everyone else he name dropped including, Faulkner, Katherine Anne Porter, Eudora Welty, and Heart of darkness is in it which Manalli lists as one of his favourites

There was a thread at zk.com on 'HEART OF DARKNESS',one of Manalli's favorites:
http://zodiackiller.21.forumer.com/a/heart-of-darkness_post2407.html

This thread also mentions 'Lord Jim' which I think Manalli said somewhere he was also reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Jim

Joseph Conrad IS mentioned by Manalli more than once in his letters. Conrad wrote LORD JIM & HEART OF DARKNESS.

So many writers & subjects mentioned by Manalli have been mentioned by people on zodiac forums already. People have seen the clues and have noted them. Now you have Manalli's writing similarity to zodiac's and his mentions of violence,murder,and his own mental health. He was a suspect in one or more Santa Rosa murders. You would be hard pressed to find another POI with all these tid bits

Doug Oswell wrote this:
"One thing that I would like to mention is that we didn’t get to literary allusion,
but both of these killers were very keenly into getting hints about themselves
through the use of literary works, great literary works like Joseph Conrad’s The
Secret Agent,
The Mikado, The Exorcist; Moby Dick, in the case of the Zodiac
killer, and particularly two of the Wagnerian classics, the Ring, and the opera,
Parsifal. Those were two operas. Interestingly, both killers alluded to opera."

Manalli mentioned Conrad,and Moby Dick in his letters
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Quote :
You would be hard pressed to find another POI with all these tid bits

It would certainly seem that way. See what I mean about 'missing link' it's like he fills in gaps. Even in other people's theories that weren't about him.

Lets not forget Shakespeare. "To thine own self be true"
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 8:59 pm

morf13 wrote:
Seagull, wasnt there another victim or victims found missing one earring?

There was one earring found at the scene where Maureen Sterling and Yvonne Weber were found, also a necklace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 9:03 pm

I was wondering about this.

Fred Manalli - Page 15 The-sh10

The red what? uniform?

Anywho - thought shrinker was a slightly unusual term for a shrink so I googled. Found this. No connection and don't think there's anything that interesting about it other than it it's from the right the right time period and "The Shrinker" is a villain.

CBS Saturday morning cartoon series from 1966

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 9:31 pm

I was wondering the same thing. RED PHANTOM perhaps?
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 9:35 pm

Could be. Red with rage he was.

If red / clean?
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 9:41 pm

traveller1st wrote:
morf13 wrote:

The key difference I spotted, was that everytime Manalli writes the word 'the', he capitalizes it, no matter what. Zodiac didnt do that, Trav, please check thru and see if I am correct.

Yup, you're right.

I've had a quick look and he does it for the words the, this, and that. Haven't checked it all but that seems pretty much the case throughout. Actually it's any word that starts with 'th'.

This has changed - there is an instance of the word 'this' all lowercase. I'll post it when I spot it again.

Found it.

Fred Manalli - Page 15 The-th10
Back to top Go down
duckking2001
Lieuntenant
duckking2001

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:18 am

It's odd to me that he never says anything about the Zodiac case. You'd think that the real killer would be obsessed with his own publicity. IIRC Denis Rader BTK was known to follow the news of his crimes, but his wife just thought he was some nut on a message board tongue a guy who just liked keeping up on the news.
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:26 am

duckking2001 wrote:
It's odd to me that he never says anything about the Zodiac case. You'd think that the real killer would be obsessed with his own publicity. IIRC Denis Rader BTK was known to follow the news of his crimes, but his wife just thought he was some nut on a message board tongue a guy who just liked keeping up on the news.

I'd wondered about that too but then he rarely mentions anything outside of himself in his letters. It's all about him, which for my money, works just as well if you're a serial killer. There's also the fact that the drawing and backpack and wot not were unearthed in his house after he was dead so maybe he just didn't like to share everything?

Of course there's always the possibility that he did mention the Zodiac. Just that he only did it in those special letters to the newspapers lol Very Happy

EDIT: Actually thinking about it, the letters we have are centred around his love affair with Dan Curley but he makes reference to other letters where the 'tone' was less than civil - we just don't know what was in those. Or how he worded things.

EDIT2: Actually there is a precedent for Zodiac writing letters that don't mention himself if you consider the citizen letter or the Marco letter genuine or even the SLA letter.
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 1:12 am

Started out looking at San Quentin and it led me to this.

http://www.sanfranciscoactorsworkshop.com/sanfranciscoactorsworkshop.com/Welcome.html

The workshop had performed Waiting for Godot at SQ in 1957 which kicked off the drama workshops there (for that era at least).

This guy's name came up - Herbert Blau - Don't know yet if it's any relation to Eva Blau. Deb checked out the ancestry records - no Robert listed as far as I can tell (Eva's Dad). Would be weird if they were related.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Blau

Anyway as I said this was found because I was looking at SQ in relation to Manalli. Turns out there is another link to Manalli in the SFAW - James Schevill. Schevill is also listed as being on the board of directors and Schevill was one of the professors that presided over manalli's oral at "the spooky cocktail lounge".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Schevill

The SFAW didn't perform the Mikado.

Article from 2008 about Godot at SQ.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/12/22/DDME14SN4R.DTL
Back to top Go down
Jem
Lieuntenant

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 6:05 am

lhttp://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com/allen.html
This is a very nice website for these girls, Seagull.
These articles about Kim Allen say that the police believe that her killer fell over the embankment and landed with such force that he likely injured himself pretty badly, maybe breaking his leg. The embankment was off a one lane road where there was not much room to pull over, so whoever left Kim there must have been in a hurry, which could account for his fall. If this was his usual style of hiding his victims, i.e., trade-off of hiding the victim well at the cost of being discovered in the act, then he may have had similar accidents previously. I wish we could know how Manalli injured his spine.

Also, one article says that after Kim's death was publicized, a number of girls came forward to say they'd been raped while trying to hitchhike. Would be good to know if law enforcement found similarities between the descriptions of their attackers and, if so, could any of these guys match a description of Manalli.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Interesting stuff continues,but I am getting used to it.
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:36 pm

Yes.

I half expecting to find proof that Manalli was in Londoon in 1888. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:45 pm

I don't know about that, but maybe on the grassy knoll.
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 1:09 pm

thebigZ wrote:
I don't know about that, but maybe on the grassy knoll.

Funny you should say lol. Don't tempt the Fredster - he usually has a reply.

Fred Manalli - Page 15 Assass10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 1:24 pm

ok, no more jokes from me. Jeeze....
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 1:25 pm

On a more serious note.

Fred Manalli - Page 15 Painti10

I wonder exactly what kind of painting. Splashing would imply large amounts of paint (larger than oils or watercolors). Possibly this little creative aside was inspired by the centrifugal stuff which would require large amounts of paint of a certain viscosity.

Speculation I know but splashing around with paint in 1966. Wonder if he kept his watch on. Wonder if he used cheap exterior paint. Wonder if he had a watch lol.

Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 1:46 pm

Some more.

Both Zodiac and Manalli seem to refer to letters of a certain length as a note.

Fred Manalli - Page 15 Note10
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:03 am

traveller1st wrote:
Some more.

Both Zodiac and Manalli seem to refer to letters of a certain length as a note.

Fred Manalli - Page 15 Note10

One more item for the growing collection,thanks Trav
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:51 am

traveller1st wrote:

The red what? uniform?

Was this written in red ink by any chance?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:32 am

traveller1st wrote:
traveller1st wrote:

The red what? uniform?

Was this written in red ink by any chance?

It seems like it was. The felttip stuff seems to look fatter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fred Manalli
Page 15 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: