Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fred Manalli

Go down 
+18
Quicktrader
Quagmire
Zamantha
AK Wilks
trainmaster
duckking2001
doranchak
Jem
Nachtsider
onewhoknows
Luke68
patinky
traveller1st
bentley
morf13
Theforeigner
tahoe27
Seagull
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Fred Manalli - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:21 am

The title of the weird film 'I am Curious' just sank into my head. Zodiac wrote 'I am mildy CEROUS'...obviously, he meant, CURIOUS.
'

Trav you watched I AM CURIOUS...YELLOW. Did you alos watch the companion sequal/prequel 'I AM CURIOUS..BLUE'?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Curious_(Blue)
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:37 am

Trav, I found another 3 stroke K from Manalli.
Fred Manalli - Page 6 Kkkkkk10

Scratch that, I found 2 more-
Fred Manalli - Page 6 Kkkkkk11
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:50 am

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:06 am

When Mannali writes about a total or numbers, here's how he writes it:
Fred Manalli - Page 6 Kkkkkk12

Look familiar?

Fred Manalli - Page 6 Kk_bmp10

Last edited by morf13 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
Nachtsider

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:29 am

Wonder if 'I Am Curious' was showing anywhere in the Bay Area at the time, and if so, where.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:36 am

Nachtsider wrote:
Wonder if 'I Am Curious' was showing anywhere in the Bay Area at the time, and if so, where.

In the wiki link, it states that the film was originally only showing in a few theaters across the county (in the north east)because of the sexual material being considered obscene. It got alot of word of mouth, and publicity for these reasons, which made for a promising profit, so eventually, it WAS shown nation wide.
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:41 am

Nice.

The how he writes his numbers made me say OMG out loud.

3 stroke k's, there's another one BTW. It's a correction on one of the typed pages near the bottom (inserting word - back).

See how things just keep coming. It's weird. If this isn't Z then I think we at least might have stumbled on a template for him at least lol.
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:49 am

morf13 wrote:
The title of the weird film 'I am Curious' just sank into my head. Zodiac wrote 'I am mildy CEROUS'...obviously, he meant, CURIOUS.
'

Trav you watched I AM CURIOUS...YELLOW. Did you alos watch the companion sequal/prequel 'I AM CURIOUS..BLUE'?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Curious_(Blue)

Yeah I was thinking that as well about the curious/cerous. As for the other other 2 films in the trilogy - no not yet but I will. nice going on the books too.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:58 am

morf13 wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:

In the wiki link, it states that the film was originally only showing in a few theaters across the county (in the north east)because of the sexual material being considered obscene. It got alot of word of mouth, and publicity for these reasons, which made for a promising profit, so eventually, it WAS shown nation wide.

This film DID play in the bay area summer of 69. Here's an article from the June 69 Fremont Argus:
Fred Manalli - Page 6 Iamcur10

And this ad for the movie appeared in the 8/13/69 Oakland Tribune:
Fred Manalli - Page 6 Iamcur11
It was showing at the Fox in Oakland.

Hmmm, 8/13/69...why do I know that date?
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:28 am

The date of Sharon Tate’s funeral was 13/8/1969
Back to top Go down
Luke68
Lieuntenant
Luke68

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:50 am

I'll caveat this post first by saying it's a little bit of a stretch. Anyway, here goes...

April 20, 1970, My name is... letter:

Quote :
I am mildly cerous...

Cerous in this context obviously means 'curious'.

Cerous however is an actual word meaning:

Quote :
Of, relating to, or containing cerium, especially with valence 3.

Cerium III is actually white or colorless whilst cerium IV is YELLOW:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerium

And also, cerium IV is a WEAK base. Weak being a synonym for MILD.

So in Zodiac's sentence we can actually obtain the full title of the film, I am Curious (Yellow).

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:53 am

Luke, thats pretty interesting. One of my fave suspects worked for humble Oil as a tech, so I have long known that CEROUS is a chemistry term relating to petroleum production. But in the fashion that you are presenting it, it seems plausible.
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:16 am

Very interesting find by Trav on Finnegan's Wake word matches. Someone, Entropy I think, has a list of all of Z's misspellings. I'd be interested in a list of them and how many appear in FW.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:22 am

bentley wrote:
Very interesting find by Trav on Finnegan's Wake word matches. Someone, Entropy I think, has a list of all of Z's misspellings. I'd be interested in a list of them and how many appear in FW.

Okay Entropy.....break it out... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:24 am

morf13 wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:
I think it would be wise not to limit our investigation of Manalli to handwriting analysis alone. What else can we dig up on this guy to tie him to the Zodiac murders?

I agree completely. Let's start with this stuff and see if there is any truth to these statements by Manalli:
Fred Manalli - Page 6 Manall14

Fred Manalli - Page 6 Manall15

Every time I re-read Manalli's stuff, something jumps out. Like this-
Fred Manalli - Page 6 Psyche10

Last edited by morf13 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:34 am

Yeah that's interesting. I have long followed the belief that Manelli was 6'3" or thereabouts, though I don't know where that comes from. I don't think Fouke, nor Hartnell, would have goofed up that bad, and it's much harder to appear shorter than taller. Also likely if that was his height, his shoe size was larger than 10.5.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:36 am

bentley wrote:
Yeah that's interesting. I have long followed the belief that Manelli was 6'3" or thereabouts, though I don't know where that comes from. I don't think Fouke, nor Hartnell, would have goofed up that bad, and it's much harder to appear shorter than taller. Also likely if that was his height, his shoe size was larger than 10.5.

Seagull found his height, etc in a military form someplace. It was from the 50's when he was in the service briefly. Graysmith described Manalli as "heavyset" when he was a teacher at Santa Rosa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:39 am

bounce WOW!!! IT SOUNDS JUST LIKE HIM. AND ALL THAT JAZZ. MAY WE SEE MORE OF THAT LEttER, MORF13? IS THERE MORE FROM THIS PERSON?
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:05 pm

I got the information about Manalli's height and weight from his DD214, military discharge that is on file at the Sonoma County Recorders office. This is a document that can be viewed but not copied so I took notes. His height is given as 6'3" his weight 175 lbs. Most likely those measurements were taken when he entered the military in 1958 so they are very outdated. The height of course would be the same but the weight is probably off. Shoe size was not listed.

A DD214 is filed with a county recorders office when a veteran gets a home loan on the GI Bill.

I question that Arthur Allen went to Santa Rosa Junior College. I have seen nothing to confirm that information. Allen was a credentialed teacher who had completed a four year college and then some to receive his degree. Why would he go to a junior college which offers lower classmen type classes? Allen had already taken those classes including any english classes which is what Manalli taught, more specifically writing classes. Any classes offered at a junior college would not qualify a teacher to advance their teaching degree, they would need to go to a four year college for that.

I could see Allen possibly going to a junior college if he wanted to take some vocational type classes or maybe classes dealing with the arts, photography, drawing, ceramics etc. but in that case where would he have the occasion to hook up with Manalli? From what I have read of Manalli's letters he wasn't overly enthusiastic about his job. He did what was required of him but no more. He taught his subjects and then went home to work on his own writing.

Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com

PostSubject: weight   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:15 pm

175 lb is on the "light side" for someone that is 6' 3". Not saying the records are wrong, but he would have been quite thin.

-tbz

Edit: I take that back... looks like he would have been right in the "healthy range" according to statistics. Still, I'm 5' 10" and always looked very thin when I was 175 lb. I think I may need to hit the gym again.

Last edited by thebigZ on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:18 pm

thebigZ wrote:
175 lb is on the "light side" for someone that is 6' 3". Not saying the records are wrong, but he would have been quite thin.

-tbz

He had 10 years to put on weight. I know I have gained alot of weight over the last 10 years No Graysmith described Manalli as 'heavyset'. Not sure where he got that info from.

For the hell of it, I am going to send out a military records req for Manalli.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Seagull, I assume Manalli was in the Army?
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:26 pm

I'll PM you his service number, Morf.

Manalli was born March 7, 1935, in 1958 he was just 23 years old. He had plenty of time to put on more weight and wouldn't doubt that did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Seagull wrote:
I'll PM you his service number, Morf.

Manalli was born March 7, 1935, in 1958 he was just 23 years old. He had plenty of time to put on more weight and wouldn't doubt that did.

Great I have the FOIA request and envelope ready to go, just need the service#
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:11 pm

Ugh, I hate rain.

Manalli mentions the army in his letters but you'd easily miss it. He talking about not being able to stick at anything too long because he becomes too saturated by it and ends by saying - that includes the Army.

Maybe he got discharged for shuffling when he walked and shooting at people - that would be encouraging.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fred Manalli
Page 6 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: