Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect

Go down 
+3
Nachtsider
tahoe27
morf13
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect Empty
PostSubject: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:26 am

To anyone that can help me, I am requesting help from anyone that is interested in looking at a new POI.

This man was arrested in 1965 in southern CA for a sniper shooting of a man on a beach. The man lived. (Like the Domingos/Edwards case , The swindles, etc). I dont know what his sentence was.

This man was described as husky or stocky, over 200 lbs.

I found an address used by him in Vallejo.

I need help determining more about him. Some Ancestry help would be great.(hint hint Seagull & Foreigner)

Please PM me.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:56 pm

morf13 wrote:
To anyone that can help me, I am requesting help from anyone that is interested in looking at a new POI.

This man was arrested in 1965 in southern CA for a sniper shooting of a man on a beach. The man lived. (Like the Domingos/Edwards case , The swindles, etc). I dont know what his sentence was.

This man was described as husky or stocky, over 200 lbs.

I found an address used by him in Vallejo.

I need help determining more about him. Some Ancestry help would be great.(hint hint Seagull & Foreigner)

Please PM me.

This attack happened on a beach near a base, and a .22 rifle was used (like D&E case). I think this guy would have been about the same age description as the suspicious man seen around Lake Berryessa- mid 20's? So far, no picture for him.

Hope to get some offers of help.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:07 pm

He was actually arrested?

How many people go around shooting people on beaches with .22's? Geeze!! Seems a bit more common then we realize!!

I will help if I can Morf. I cxl'd my Ancestry subscription. Too much $$! But, you can still get some general info...
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:22 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
He was actually arrested?

How many people go around shooting people on beaches with .22's? Geeze!! Seems a bit more common then we realize!!

I will help if I can Morf. I cxl'd my Ancestry subscription. Too much $$! But, you can still get some general info...

Thanks, will PM you
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:22 am

Anyone interested in this guy....anyone...Bueller, Bueller? Laughing

Seriously, this guy was from southern CA (like many suspected Z crimes) he shot someone on a beach( Domingos/Edwards), he wound up in Vallejo (where Z killed people) This guy appears to have had relatives in San Fran close to Washington & Cherry, and the Presidio (where Z killed Stine)not to mention the fact he was described as stocky and over 200 lbs, like many people think Z may have been. Plus he would have been about the same age as the mysterious guy watching the girls at Lake Berryessa. Personally, I think this guy would be a little young to be zodiac, but he would have been about the age of Cheri Jo Bates. I would love some help digging up more info on him. Since he was a criminal, perhaps he was incarcerated during 1969 and we could easily rule him out. Anyone have any connections to look at conviction records from the 1960's?

Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:05 pm

I think he is darn interesting Morf!

Apparently there was no shortage of kooks shooting people on beaches. But this guy fits the bill. And the link you found to Vallejo warrants further search for sure!!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 4:57 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
I think he is darn interesting Morf!

Apparently there was no shortage of kooks shooting people on beaches. But this guy fits the bill. And the link you found to Vallejo warrants further search for sure!!

Will def keep looking and hopefully he can be ruled out quickly enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:57 pm

I'm interested. PM me, and I'll gladly help with research.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:57 pm

Thanks TAHOE, B.A., and TRACERS, hope we can uncover some good clues about this guy.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:43 pm

While in jail for this crime, this guy apparently made some threats against politicians, and it earned him a longer time in jail. (sounds like threats Z might make) Trying to get more details.
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
Nachtsider

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:54 pm

All I'm really interested in at this point in time is whether or not he was in prison during all the dates of Zodiac activity.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:59 pm

Nachtsider wrote:
All I'm really interested in at this point in time is whether or not he was in prison during all the dates of Zodiac activity.

Thats the million dollar question I am trying to find out.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Turns out that this southern CA sniper, may actually have spent his time in Vacaville, 30 minutes away from Vallejo. And when I say 'time', I dont think it was a whole lot of time. May have been released into the bay area in time for the Z murders-still working on final details.
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 6:48 pm

If it helps at all, his birthday is 3-1-46 was living in Vallejo 1995 on Georgia street, had also lived on Lemon St Vallejo. I found other information that he also Lived in Fairfield and Stocton. "Possible" parents lived San Diego Ca. If those were his parents, the father once worked as a Aircraft worker ! ( Wing walkers)
I found an older couple with the same "odd last name", who could have been his grandparents,filing for a divorce in Orange county Ca.1968 (That is close to Riverside.)

Personally think he was to young and too fat to be the Zodiac that SFPD, Mike M and Kathleen Johns said they saw.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 6:55 pm

The people in Orange County that got divorced are indeed his parents
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:25 pm

If somone could email me his name I´d take a look at him and see what I can find.

My email: xxxxxxxx@hotmail.com

Last edited by Theforeigner on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 3:48 am

Thanks TF, I just sent you everything I have on him.
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 4:02 am

The orange county couple were born in 1908 and 1916, the father would have been 38 , mother 30 when he was born. Perhaps the other couple in San Diego were his aunt and uncle and not his parents ?
It would make my job easier if you give me more than just a name to start my hunting. Thank goodness his name wasn't Jones or Smith LOL.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 2:19 pm

Spent a lot time looking for info on him and came up empty. His background check shows no convictions but he obviously was convicted and served time
Back to top Go down
Nin
Chief
Nin

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 3:45 pm

sandy betts wrote:
The orange county couple were born in 1908 and 1916, the father would have been 38 , mother 30 when he was born. Perhaps the other couple in San Diego were his aunt and uncle and not his parents ?
It would make my job easier if you give me more than just a name to start my hunting. Thank goodness his name wasn't Jones or Smith LOL.

The father was born 19 September 1908; received Social Security number 391-03-8639, which corresponds to Wisconsin; and died 15 August 1995.

-Nin
Back to top Go down
Nin
Chief
Nin

PostSubject: Our guy   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 4:35 pm

1961, St. Anthony Highschool Long Beach:

HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect Nblongbeachredacted

Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:34 pm

Nin wrote:
1961, St. Anthony Highschool Long Beach:

HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect Nblongbeachredacted

Great find Nin!

In April 1965 NHB's hight was 6"2 and his weight 260 pounds.

This is an April 1965 newsreport on NHB:

HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect NealHenryBaalkeApr1965snipernewsarticle
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 8:40 pm

Well, I guess his name is out there now. scratch

HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect Baalke10

HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect Baalke12

I always wondered why he did this crime in southern CA, but did his sentence in the Vallejo area? Also think it is intersting that the news article mentions that he was going to be questioned about "other sniping incidents".

I again need to point out, nobody as of yet,including myself, has been able to verify the exact incarceration dates, and parold dates for Baalke. He may have been still in prison for some of the Z crimes, and almost certainly for the Bates murder & letters.

I spoke to somebody in Seal Beach Law enforcement where Ballke committed this crime, and one of the old timers they knew said he had some kind of time added to his sentence for threats against a judge or something, sorry,but I dont have any other details about that.

I also need to say, for the record, that Baalke is NOT being accused of any zodiac crime. We merely are discussing a case in which he was found guilty and served time, and the fact that he wound up in Solano County. Any convicted beach snipers from southern CA, that wound up living in Vallejo area, need to be checked out in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:21 pm

Morf I think Vacaville had the only prison medical facility in the state at that time. They had psychiatric care there and they did experimental stuff there, too. That might have been the reason for him being sent to Vacaville.
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:52 pm

Nin wrote:
sandy betts wrote:

The father was born 19 September 1908; received Social Security number 391-03-8639, which corresponds to Wisconsin; and died 15 August 1995.

-Nin

Nice work TF and NIN. There was a Henry Baalke who was a commander in the Spanish war, there were a few articles about him in the news papers in Wisconsin. Dec 12th 1917 , was the one about him being a Commander in the Spanish war. Most of the Baalke name that I was able to find, did show up mostly in Wisconsin.

Zam and I plan on a another trip to Vallejo, to check out the address's he had on Lemon st and Georgia st. That will tell us where he worked and the yrs he was in Vallejo. Then when he moved to Fairfield ? He is living in an expensive home about 30 min from me right now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect   HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP NEEDED with gathering info on a possible Z suspect
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next