Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo

Go down 
+10
Nachtsider
sandy betts
tahoe27
bayarea60s
Zamantha
bentley
tracers
StitchMallone
Nin
morf13
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:56 am

bayarea60s wrote:
Train....Hamilton AFB was located off 101 in Novato. If heading N. on 101 it would be on the east side (right side) of 101.

I don't think POI was ever in Military himself. I don't see how he could have avoided the draft, but I couldn't find anything on him in the military. His daddy was another story and maybe he pulled strings somehow to keep his son out of military service.

Sandy....I recall that case of the guy driving around Vasco Rd. I think it was in mid 80's. I recall a very similar case was happening in Cupertino Area back then and there was speculation that it was the same guy.

Anybody have any articles about this mystery guy driving around? Maybe like the Kathleen Johns M.O.?
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:26 pm

sandy betts wrote:
There is a road that runs off of the main road in Clayton. Its called Marsh Creek road.
The sheriffs dept. were looking for a man, who was following women late at night on that road ,and another country road named Vasco rd.
He would flash his lights , not sure if he also honked his horn, but none of the women would stop . They said he drove a green car, is all they told police. I will have to dig deep to find that article ! It was in the late 80's early 90's.

I lived in Clayton then Sandy. Would love to read more about it...I don't recall this! Maybe that is why the cop was checking us out that night (see previous post) -- we were in a green car!
Back to top Go down
bayarea60s
Chief

PostSubject: Uh Oh Tahoe   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:35 pm

T27...
Could have been exactly why the cop was checking you out. Although you would think if he thought you guilty of a crime he would have at least checked ID's, etc.

Sandy,

I'd say that had to be around '84-'86, if not a bit earlier. We were still living in San Jose then and we moved out of SJ in May of '86....
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:13 pm

My mother was a waitress at the Officer's Club on Hamilton AFB when I was very young. We used to be able to shop at the PX, the general store on the base, even though we weren't military, but I don't remember if they had boots. Smile

The highway to Vallejo, 37, is just a mile up 101 from Hamilton. Marin County isn't often considered prime Z territory, but it is a convenient route for Vallejo to San Fran travel, Hamilton being about halfway between the two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:31 pm

Bay Area 60's:

Thanks for the information. As most of you living in the area now (lucky you), Vasco Road today is not the original one which existed in the 80's.

Yes, Sandy, one needs a GOOD bankroll to live in Clayton! The house I have interested in is two blocks from the Clayton City limits.

Maybe this POI will go on the Clayton "Halloween Ghost Walk" given annually by Richard Taylor.

Last edited by Trainmaster on Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : eyesight)
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 11:28 pm

Trainmaster wrote:
Bay Area 60's:

Thanks for the information. As most of you living in the area now (lucky you), Vasco Road today is not the original one which existed in the 80's.

Yes, Sandy, one needs a GOOD bankroll to live in Clayton! The house I have interested in is two blocks from the Clayton City limits.

Maybe this POI will go on the Clayton "Halloween Ghost Walk" given annually by Richard Taylor.

Trust me, from what I can gather, I dont think this guy is loaded. I think he likely lives in an aprtment or rental.
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: Man following women alone at night   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:18 am

Thanks BA60's, it could have been early 80's.
I didn't know anything about the Z honking his horn at K Johns, until I read the Z book in 87 or 88, is why I thought it was later.
But , pretty interesting that they felt this guy was doing this in other places . I would like to read about what they said he was driving, and if anyone saw his face ? If you remember , please do tell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:06 am

Morf:

When you say you don't think this guy is loaded, are you referring to Richard Taylor, since his name is included in your highlight?
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:20 am

Trainmaster wrote:
Morf:

When you say you don't think this guy is loaded, are you referring to Richard Taylor, since his name is included in your highlight?
I believe Morf is referring to the suspect and not Richard.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:04 am

StitchMallone wrote:
Trainmaster wrote:
Morf:

That is correct. I know he has lived in an aprtament at 4440 Morgan Territory Rd.

EDIT: Maybe apartment is not the right word, it may be a cabin actually.
I googled 4440 Morgan Territory Rd, and found out that it is for a place called CURRY CREEK PARK. It is like an RV/ Mobile home park. I do not know all of the details about the place, and I do not know when he lived there for sure.

Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:36 pm

morf13 wrote:
StitchMallone wrote:
Trainmaster wrote:
Morf:

That is correct. I know he has lived in an aprtament at 4440 Morgan Territory Rd.

EDIT: Maybe apartment is not the right word, it may be a cabin actually.
I googled 4440 Morgan Territory Rd, and found out that it is for a place called CURRY CREEK PARK. It is like an RV/ Mobile home park. I do not know all of the details about the place, and I do not know when he lived there for sure.

You are correct Morf..wouldn't be an apartment...
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Lieuntenant
Azazel

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:51 pm

bentley wrote:
That's the area a tipster once said Z's old car was still parked. East of Hwy 80. Buick Skylark I think it was.

Release the hounds!

Bentley:
Did you mix the information up with Bujoks car? Or do you have some other information about some tipster that I appearantly have missed?
Back to top Go down
bayarea60s
Chief

PostSubject: Sandy....   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:11 pm

I recall the guy in the Cupertino Area also used a Red Light from his car for effect. At the time they were questioning whether it was Z or not. But they tended to do that with about anything they didn't solve. To my recollection the guy was never caught.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:34 am

Boy, a lot of posts can be put up within 24 hours.

A little history on Curry Creek Park -

It was a popular private swim park from 1947 to 1979. There a lot of them
along Marsh Creek Road - Curry Creek was off Morgan Territory Road and about one mile on the right.

The other ones included Marsh Creek Springs, Marsh Creek Lodge, and Mitchell Creek Park, one of the most popular.

Curry Creek Park closed in 1979 because Dorothy and Martin Wright, the owners, decided to retire. Curry Creek was the last of the swim park in the Marsh Creek/Morgan Territory Road to operate. The others had closed
about 10 years earlier. Swimming pools installed at apartment complexes and houses became more common; the City of Concord had a swim center at
Concord Community Park on Cowell Road; homes that did not have swimming pools had neighborhood pool clubs. There was no need to drive out to Marsh Creek for swimming recreation anymore, so to complete against local pools was economically hard to do.

The new owners filled the pool in with dirt and demolished the old ball park and other fun attractions. Today, an RV/mobile home park sits on the site.

Hope this helps. Here is a picture of Curry Creek Park in its heyday.

Sorry - I am not having any luck uploading the picture of Curry Creek Park - can someone help?

Last edited by Trainmaster on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : trying to get picture of Curry Creek Park)
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:18 am

I have to make it clear again, I know that this guy lived at 4440 Morgan Territory Rd, but I can not confirm the year. For all I know it may have been well after the Z murders. But he WAS in VALLEJO area during the Z murders.
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:58 am

Azazel wrote:
bentley wrote:
That's the area a tipster once said Z's old car was still parked. East of Hwy 80. Buick Skylark I think it was.

Release the hounds!

Bentley:
Did you mix the information up with Bujoks car? Or do you have some other information about some tipster that I appearantly have missed?

No connection with Bujok. There was a Zodiac thread going, maybe 5 years ago, on a local Vallejo Topix site. A long time resident was posting, saying some locals at the time knew who Z was. Sandy and I were trying to get more info out of him, and one of the things he mentioned was Z's old Buick Skylark still being parked on the east side of Hwy 80, off the street, the new owner working on it and trying to get it running or some such. Probably a wild goose chase, but I did drive around the area across the highway from ALA's house one day when I had some free time. I came up empty but it's a large area and it was impossible to look down every driveway without getting shot, it's a pretty rough area nowadays.

Sandy and I both posted on the subject, I thought it was on this forum but I can't find it now, might have been somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:38 pm

morf13 wrote:
I have to make it clear again, I know that this guy lived at 4440 Morgan Territory Rd, but I can not confirm the year. For all I know it may have been well after the Z murders. But he WAS in VALLEJO area during the Z murders.

Anywhere in the Bay Area would intrigue me!

The 4440 Morgan Territory Rd address is Curry Creek Park which is currently mobile homes and camp sites....some nice ones too:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4440-Morgan-Territory-Rd-Clayton-CA-94517/2128711920_zpid/

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:42 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
morf13 wrote:

Anywhere in the Bay Area would intrigue me!

The 4440 Morgan Territory Rd address is Curry Creek Park which is currently mobile homes and camp sites....some nice ones too:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4440-Morgan-Territory-Rd-Clayton-CA-94517/2128711920_zpid/

He has been in Clayton, Concord, Antioch, Redding, and of course, Vallejo.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:44 pm

As suspected, I confirmed this guy was NOT in the military. Bayarea60's and I have been curious as to why not since he was prime draft age during the Vietnam war, but so far, I dont know.
Back to top Go down
bayarea60s
Chief

PostSubject: This POI & Clayton   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:46 pm

I do know that a current PO Box is what pops up as his current address. He has had PO Boxes in Antioch and Clayton for years. So I would say he's still local to the area.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:13 pm

bayarea60s wrote:
I do know that a current PO Box is what pops up as his current address. He has had PO Boxes in Antioch and Clayton for years. So I would say he's still local to the area.

Yeah, a Family member told me that he lives in Clayton currently.
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: Clayton   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:33 am

I would like to see what he looks like ? My poi was at A sweet affair ( A bakery shop) in Clayton, almost every morning about 6:30am having sweets and coffee. A friend who once worked at a Donut shop in Antioch, was also being stalked by my poi . She told me that she was seeing him in the Clayton shop she was at. I went there at 6:30am for a few mornings , I didn't see him, maybe he spotted me first , I don't know.
But The Idea that he was there almost every morning makes me wonder if this new suspect is him ?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:59 am

sandy betts wrote:
I would like to see what he looks like ? My poi was at A sweet affair ( A bakery shop) in Clayton, almost every morning about 6:30am having sweets and coffee. A friend who once worked at a Donut shop in Antioch, was also being stalked by my poi . She told me that she was seeing him in the Clayton shop she was at. I went there at 6:30am for a few mornings , I didn't see him, maybe he spotted me first , I don't know.
But The Idea that he was there almost every morning makes me wonder if this new suspect is him ?

Sandy, if I recall, your POI was older. This guy was 21 in 1969, although he looked like he could be in his mid 20's. He was short & stocky. Look at the pics earlier back in this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:09 pm

"As suspected, I confirmed this guy was NOT in the military. Bayarea60's and I have been curious as to why not since he was prime draft age during the Vietnam war, but so far, I dont know."

I think it was 1971 when the Selective Service changed their routine - young men, of draft age, could choose to have their name put in a "lottery" for one year - if they were not drafted within that year, they were removed from the system.

Perhaps that information will help your mystery as to why this person was not in the military. There were deferrments as well - a number of conditions that one could avoid the draft, but the first statement is probably the correct one.
Back to top Go down
bayarea60s
Chief

PostSubject: Selective Service Lottery   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:58 am

They didn't have the draft lottery until it was well past his time. So this POI wouldn't have had the lottery available to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next