Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo

Go down 
+10
Nachtsider
sandy betts
tahoe27
bayarea60s
Zamantha
bentley
tracers
StitchMallone
Nin
morf13
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
StitchMallone
Chief

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Good point Nin and they may have met in a high school wrestling event. I doubt they wrestled each other though cause this guy looks a lot bigger then David and probably not in his weight class.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:17 pm

StitchMallone wrote:
Good point Nin and they may have met in a high school wrestling event. I doubt they wrestled each other though cause this guy looks a lot bigger then David and probably not in his weight class.

They likely did not wrestle each other. This guy graduated in 1966 from Ramona HS in Riverside.He definitely was bigger than Faraday,he looked to be 180-200lbs pretty stocky
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:37 pm

morf13 wrote:
StitchMallone wrote:

They likely did not wrestle each other. This guy graduated in 1966 from Ramona HS in Riverside.He definitely was bigger than Faraday,he looked to be 180-200lbs pretty stocky
I wrestled some in High school and yea probably the only time you would wrestle someone out of your weight class from another school would be a scrimmage but not to likely. So yep I doubt they wrestled each other. Also agree about his name fitting the My name cipher better then any other suspects and that includes even Kane.
Back to top Go down
bayarea60s
Chief

PostSubject: Wrestling   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:52 pm

In those days Ramona HS had one of the better HS programs in the state, and maybe the best. I don't know how this individual was, I would think pretty good. Did VHS ever travel to a tournament, or visa versa? But David would have never faced this guy..Not in a school match.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Well if David was a pretty good wrestler this guy might have known of him. I know from playing sports in school I always knew who the good players were from other schools.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 5:41 pm

bayarea60s wrote:
In those days Ramona HS had one of the better HS programs in the state, and maybe the best. I don't know how this individual was, I would think pretty good. Did VHS ever travel to a tournament, or visa versa? But David would have never faced this guy..Not in a school match.
Like I said doubt he did face him. There is a slight chance though that he could have in a scrimmage and I did wrestle people from another school that was in a different weight class. Regular season matches he wouldn't have faced him.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 5:53 pm

StitchMallone wrote:
bayarea60s wrote:
Like I said doubt he did face him. There is a slight chance though that he could have in a scrimmage and I did wrestle people from another school that was in a different weight class. Regular season matches he wouldn't have faced him.

And again, one had graduated in 1966, one was to graduate in 1969. I think its very unlikely.
Back to top Go down
bayarea60s
Chief

PostSubject: Morf   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Yeah probably slim to none
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 9:57 am

I have slowly and painfully gone over EVERY WHITE MALE in the 1966 RAmona HS yearbook to see if any of these guys wound up in the bay area. There were a handful that can be placed there, but only 2 can be placed in Vallejo! One I have already made a thread about. This 2nd one was one of the last people I checked out. I will tell you something now,this guy may be promising. And weirdest of all,when I glanced at his picture,and the blank stare and sinister eyes/smile,I just knew I was going to find out he was in Vallejo. I am not going to post his photo here yet. His first name starts with an R,but no H as a last name(RH on Desk poem). I would like to vet this person,and see if it can be narroed down as to when he lived there.Also of interest,I do not see ANY listings for wife or kids,which is what many people and profilers would be predict for zodiac. He has lived in Vallejo, Benicia,Los Gatos,and San Rafael. Will keep people posted.

I had long thought that it would be a longshot for any classmates of Cheri's to have been living in Vallejo,and I was right,only finding two. Both of which interest me a great deal

EDIT:
This guy was a draftsman in school. People have mentioned Z could have been a draftsman based on certain clues,his use of certain paper,etc. Graysmith wrote "But the one thing Zodiac had to be was a skillful draftsman. If you look at the symbols, the 312 symbols, there are no guidelines. You need a light table, you need a T square"

This guy merits a closer look.
Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:44 am

Well done Morf - I never fail to be impressed by the amount of info you manage to dig up! Look forward to hearing more about this guy.

With regards to the other guy who was a high school wrestler, I noticed that there was a big wrestling match on in San Francisco the night that Stine was shot and one of the star wrestlers performing was a black guy called BooBoo (AKA Bobo) Brazil. Just made me think about Z's "noze rubed in your booboos" comments about that night regarding the mix up with the dispatch stating the perp was a negro. Probably just all zynchronicity but makes you wonder when you consider the Red Phantom and Mikado were both wrestlers.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Quagmire wrote:
Well done Morf - I never fail to be impressed by the amount of info you manage to dig up! Look forward to hearing more about this guy.

With regards to the other guy who was a high school wrestler, I noticed that there was a big wrestling match on in San Francisco the night that Stine was shot and one of the star wrestlers performing was a black guy called BooBoo (AKA Bobo) Brazil. Just made me think about Z's "noze rubed in your booboos" comments about that night regarding the mix up with the dispatch stating the perp was a negro. Probably just all zynchronicity but makes you wonder when you consider the Red Phantom and Mikado were both wrestlers.

The whole family,his parents and 3 or 4 siblings moved to the Vallejo area and settled in NAPA. Now,I have to find 1968-1970 Vallejo & Napa directories and see if they are listed in them,and if so, how close to the phonebooths where the calls were made by Z. His parents apparently lived in Napa only,whereas this guy bounced aroung Vallejo,Benicia,San Raphael,etc
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:03 am

morf13 wrote:
I have slowly and painfully gone over EVERY WHITE MALE in the 1966 RAmona HS yearbook to see if any of these guys wound up in the bay area. There were a handful that can be placed there, but only 2 can be placed in Vallejo! One I have already made a thread about. This 2nd one was one of the last people I checked out. I will tell you something now,this guy may be promising. And weirdest of all,when I glanced at his picture,and the blank stare and sinister eyes/smile,I just knew I was going to find out he was in Vallejo. I am not going to post his photo here yet. His first name starts with an R,but no H as a last name(RH on Desk poem). I would like to vet this person,and see if it can be narroed down as to when he lived there.Also of interest,I do not see ANY listings for wife or kids,which is what many people and profilers would be predict for zodiac. He has lived in Vallejo, Benicia,Los Gatos,and San Rafael. Will keep people posted.

I had long thought that it would be a longshot for any classmates of Cheri's to have been living in Vallejo,and I was right,only finding two. Both of which interest me a great deal

EDIT:
This guy was a draftsman in school. People have mentioned Z could have been a draftsman based on certain clues,his use of certain paper,etc. Graysmith wrote "But the one thing Zodiac had to be was a skillful draftsman. If you look at the symbols, the 312 symbols, there are no guidelines. You need a light table, you need a T square"

EDIT: Foreigner pointed out something that I did not notice which was interesting, and that was regarding his DOB...8/18/48 as it relates to Zodiac's 'my name is' cipher.
Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 Myname10

I am not an expert with ciphers, and am not sure that some of teh symbols could be numbers. Any cipher people have an idea about that? Could the circled 8's actually be 8's?

EDIT:
Here is a map of this suspect's house as it relates to Cheri Jo's house. .15 of a mile(15 seconds by car), and on corners almost. I wonder, if this guy could see Cheri Jo's home from his home? If she left in her car, could he see, and quickly jump into his? When Cheri Jo arrived at the library the night of her murder, she was followed closely by another car. Her house was very close to the library, seems like such a very short ride for a total stranger to have just happened upon her and quickly decide that he would attack her. I think she may have been stalked, and perhaps by a neighbor that saw her leave.
Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 Copy_o17

For what its worth, and the possibility of a neighbor watching Cheri, there was a neighbor a few houses from Cheri with the initials R.H.

Last edited by morf13 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:36 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:53 am

I've wondered about the use of numbers in ciphers before myself. They must have to use numbers in messages, either they spell them out or use symbols. Who knows what Z did. There was a very interesting post by a cipher guy the other day on zkf.com on the 340, and I think his theory on Z was a good one, that he knew just enough on ciphers to get by, not someone who was very experienced in them and would not tend to break the rules, so Z could well have done something out of the norm on all the ciphers after the 408.
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 2:35 pm

morf13 wrote:
morf13 wrote:

EDIT:

EDIT: Foreigner pointed out something that I did not notice which was interesting, and that was regarding his DOB...8/18/48 as it relates to Zodiac's 'my name is' cipher.
Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 Myname10

I am not an expert with ciphers, and am not sure that some of teh symbols could be numbers. Any cipher people have an idea about that? Could the circled 8's actually be 8's?

EDIT:
Here is a map of this suspect's house as it relates to Cheri Jo's house. .15 of a mile(15 seconds by car), and on corners almost. I wonder, if this guy could see Cheri Jo's home from his home? If she left in her car, could he see, and quickly jump into his? When Cheri Jo arrived at the library the night of her murder, she was followed closely by another car. Her house was very close to the library, seems like such a very short ride for a total stranger to have just happened upon her and quickly decide that he would attack her. I think she may have been stalked, and perhaps by a neighbor that saw her leave.
Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 Copy_o17

For what its worth, and the possibility of a neighbor watching Cheri, there was a neighbor a few houses from Cheri with the initials R.H.

That 42XX St Paul address next to Cheri Jo Bates was an address of the guy's parents in 1955.
But sure, they could still live there in 1966, just wanted to make clear that the address I found was from back in 1955.
The guy in question would have been 18 years old in 1966.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Foreigner, I have a 1965 Riverside directory, that is where I got the address from. They were still at the same address!
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:00 pm

morf13 wrote:
Foreigner, I have a 1965 Riverside directory, that is where I got the address from. They were still at the same address!

Ok thats great, it sure is close to Cheri's home!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Update on this guy.....thanks to Smithy who posted this pic over on zkf....
Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 Crossh10

CA DIVISION OF PARKS crosshair symbol.... turns out that this guy in 1966, after he graduated from Ramona HS, had plans to go to Humboldt Forestry College in northern CA. Hmmm

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:52 am

morf13 wrote:
Update on this guy.....thanks to Smithy who posted this pic over on zkf....
Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 Crossh10

CA DIVISION OF PARKS crosshair symbol.... turns out that this guy in 1966, after he graduated from Ramona HS, had plans to go to Humboldt Forestry College in northern CA. Hmmm

His college plans after high school:
Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 Colleg10

Of course he has ties to Humboldt County where possible 1990 Z letter was mailed from, and with training in forestry, that puts him out among the woods and lakes(like Z)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo   Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Classmate of Cheri Jo Bates that wound up living in Vallejo
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6