Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fred Manalli

Go down 
+18
Quicktrader
Quagmire
Zamantha
AK Wilks
trainmaster
duckking2001
doranchak
Jem
Nachtsider
onewhoknows
Luke68
patinky
traveller1st
bentley
morf13
Theforeigner
tahoe27
Seagull
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
AuthorMessage
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

Fred Manalli - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Oh and one more thing.

Has Shimoda ever spotted any of this?

Yes, I am that bold. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:25 am

traveller1st wrote:
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls 1970

Arthur Lonergan - Art Director, Jack Martin Smith - Art Director, David Hall - First Assistant Director, Russ Meyer - Director, Dann Cahn - Editor, Dick Wormell - Editor, Stu Phillips - Composer (Music Score), Jack Martin Smith - Production Designer, Fred Koenekamp - Cinematographer, Russ Meyer - Producer, Stuart A. Reiss - Set Designer, Richard Overton - Sound/Sound Designer, Russ Meyer - Screenwriter, Roger Ebert - Screenwriter, Paul Dukas - Featured Music

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/beyond-the-valley-of-the-dolls#ixzz26MLhiASz

Lots of zync.

Just in case this was missed.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062430/fullcredits

Sharon Tate played Jennifer North in the original.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:27 am

She took the blue pills!
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:12 am

Phewwww, what a relief. I don't need reading glasses after all. I just need a big screen television and great laptop. Razz

Trav, what do you make of the colon after "going):"? I've never seen that at the end of a sentence either. (I've led a very sheltered life.)
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 8:00 pm

morf13 wrote:
Another great find TRAV,does Manalli do it more than once? Does Zodiac?

Yes.

Fred Manalli - Page 34 Double12
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 8:35 pm

I spent some time today researching the double-dotted i. It seems to have no real meaning in the modern written English word. Sometimes called a "tittle" (I remember this from high school English class in the dark ages), it is sometimes used for emphasis when the writer wants to project bellicose attitudes, especially related to a Viking-like attitude or strength.

Soooooo ... is it a hidden clue to Manalli and Zodiac's psyche or just an ornamental touch? Does it refer to Viking lore (In the Hall of the Mountain King and the Valkyries come to mind)? Are the two dots somehow related to the mountain-like symbol Zodiac drew with two dots above more dots below the symbol that looked like two mountains with an "F" on the right?

Probably just zynchronicity isn't it? Suspect
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Not sure.

It may have been adopted by them after reading about it and decided that it sounded cool but I would say this would have been when they were a lot younger because it seems to pop up every so often but it's not constant. Seems like part of the style.

I've been considering the Norse aspect for a few things recently especially after finding out that "thing" was Norse. It's just occurred to me that Manalli mentions something about "Winter Sabbat" I think I'll have to check, he uses it as an alternative to "groundhog day".
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 8:52 pm

morf13 wrote:
I have found one more similarity between Manalli & Zodiac, and one big difference....

First the similairty. Everytime Manalli writes something with a capital 'TH', he connects the tops of the T & H, just like Z did(see below):
Fred Manalli - Page 34 Th_bmp10

The key difference I spotted, was that everytime Manalli writes the word 'the', he capitalizes it, no matter what. Zodiac didnt do that, Trav, please check thru and see if I am correct.

Everytime Z wrote Th he connected them. What could that be a clue for? scratch
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 8:59 pm

rand wrote:
morf13 wrote:
I have found one more similarity between Manalli & Zodiac, and one big difference....

First the similairty. Everytime Manalli writes something with a capital 'TH', he connects the tops of the T & H, just like Z did(see below):
Fred Manalli - Page 34 Th_bmp10

The key difference I spotted, was that everytime Manalli writes the word 'the', he capitalizes it, no matter what. Zodiac didnt do that, Trav, please check thru and see if I am correct.

Hey, Rand, how the hell are ya? Been a while cheers
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:12 pm

Hey Morf and the rest of the bunch. I hope you've all been doing well in my absence. I've been writing a book on the future of world politics that will be out by the middle of next year. The book I really want to write is waiting in the wings Wink
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:13 pm

rand wrote:
Hey Morf and the rest of the bunch. I hope you've all been doing well in my absence. I've been writing a book on the future of world politics that will be out by the middle of next year. The book I really want to write is waiting in the wings Wink

Wow, you should have LOTS to talk about then...lots of turmoil coming I fear
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Turmoil...spot on, Morf! The title of the book is World Politics in the Age of Entropy, and it'll be published by Johns Hopkins University Press.
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:36 am

rand wrote:
Turmoil...spot on, Morf! The title of the book is World Politics in the Age of Entropy, and it'll be published by Johns Hopkins University Press.

Nice one, well done.
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:07 pm

rand wrote:

You don't know me Rand but welcome back anyway. Very Happy

My first thought was "why would it mean anything."

My second thought was the pi sign.

My third thought was a recent message on this board (and heaven knows, I can't remember where it was but seems like it was on the cypher topic) but a Zodiac letter was posted and included "do my thing" on the last line of the note. "Thing" had been written-over and looked darker than other words. I noticed at the time that the "t" in thing, when over-written, went from a lower case to upper case T.

So, those are my thoughts for the day. Sleep
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:40 pm

Saw that too P.

I think it was really a case of after-thought and emphasis. His THING he suddenly decided was worthy of standing out.
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:54 pm

traveller1st wrote:
Saw that too P.

I think it was really a case of after-thought and emphasis. His THING he suddenly decided was worthy of standing out.

I agree with you T.

To my mind, most male writers, even if they want to emphasize a word, would not think to capitalize the first letter. Maybe it's just the males where I live who don't care about things like that. cat

Seriously, the over-writing would be akin to adding boldface to a font. That would be a normal concept to indicate emphasis.

To also give that word a capitalized first letter, technically, made it a proper noun. Now that hints at someone with a knowledge of grammar and writing style, such as an English teacher or copy editor or journalism person or the like. It is a degree of sophistication in writing style that I don't think most people would care about and especially most males.

Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 5:19 pm

Trav, I've just posted an article that describes Zodiac's handwriting as "a bizzare mixture of printing and cursive". Thought you might like that considering all the work you've done on Manalli's handwriting which certainly can be described the same!

https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t1446-sf-chronicle-oct-191969-police-swamped#34543
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 5:39 pm

Seagull wrote:
Trav, I've just posted an article that describes Zodiac's handwriting as "a bizzare mixture of printing and cursive". Thought you might like that considering all the work you've done on Manalli's handwriting which certainly can be described the same!

https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t1446-sf-chronicle-oct-191969-police-swamped#34543

Cool, Thanks Deb. I'll check that now.

Didn't even get past the first paragraph "frustrated genius" - that I like.
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 6:03 pm

patinky wrote:
traveller1st wrote:
Saw that too P.

I agree with you T.

To my mind, most male writers, even if they want to emphasize a word, would not think to capitalize the first letter. Maybe it's just the males where I live who don't care about things like that. cat

Seriously, the over-writing would be akin to adding boldface to a font. That would be a normal concept to indicate emphasis.

To also give that word a capitalized first letter, technically, made it a proper noun. Now that hints at someone with a knowledge of grammar and writing style, such as an English teacher or copy editor or journalism person or the like. It is a degree of sophistication in writing style that I don't think most people would care about and especially most males.

Interesting point P. I hadn't considered that before. I wonder if it can be used to narrow down the field. Certain areas where that may be a trait of not capitalizing in emphasis because embolding is the main vehicle. Hmmm, your thinking like a fontographer there P. Nice, I'm impressed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Found something out about the 'Zodiac, your partner is in in Deep Real Estate' ad placed in the SF Chronicle a day or two after Manalli died. SF reporter Kevin Fagan, looked for me to see if the paper had any info on who placed the ad, and after this many years, they did not. It was a longshot, but worth a try
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Ah well, good try anyway, as you said.
Back to top Go down
Jem
Lieuntenant

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 4:00 am

What's up with Fred M. investigation these days? Have his letters been sent to LE?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 7:46 am

Jem wrote:
What's up with Fred M. investigation these days? Have his letters been sent to LE?

Napa has looked at him, and more than one person has talked to them about Manalli. Sadly,I think the police are looking for good old fashioned print or DNA matches to zodiac,neither can be gotten from old Fred unless they dig him up(seagull may know more about that part)
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
Nachtsider

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:21 am

If any living relatives of Manalli's are kicking around, they could be a worth a shot as far as DNA is concerned.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:42 am

Nachtsider wrote:
If any living relatives of Manalli's are kicking around, they could be a worth a shot as far as DNA is concerned.

I do not think they can be compelled to give DNA,can they? I even wonder if his sibling sknow he was a suspect?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fred Manalli   Fred Manalli - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fred Manalli
Page 34 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: