Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gareth Penn

Go down 
+15
AuthUser
tracers
calman
sandy betts
Quagmire
rand
mike_r
Theforeigner
morf13
tahoe27
Boilermaker
Azazel
AK Wilks
Zamantha
bentley
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

Gareth Penn - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Quote :
Hi Mike, here is somthing to add to your files if you dont have it already:

I found that Girard Pessis´s wife, who Gareth Penn described as "goddess of a wife Maeve", attened Pacific High School San Bernardino, CA.
The very same HS that possible writer of the "Patricia Hautz" letter, and possible Zodiac suspect MLZ, attened. They all 3 were born within the timeframe 1944-1947.

California Marriage Index, 1960-1985
about Girard C Pessis
Name: Girard C Pessis
Est. Birth: abt 1943
Spouse Name: Maeve M Morrison
Spouse Age: 22
Date: 20 Dec 1966

http://www.e-yearbook.com/yearbooks/hs_pacific_ca/1962/Page_176.html

Pacific High School - Pacificana Yearbook (San Bernardino, CA)
- Class of 1962

MAEVE M. MORRISON: Rally Committee, Les Amis Elites Secretary, CSF Secretory-Treasurer, NHS, ICC, Student Council, Academic Editor of Pacificano, Editor-in-Chief of Pacificano, Secretary of Junior Class, Historian of Sobobans, Chaplain of K.D. ' s, Homecoming Queen Candidate, Prom Decorations Chairman, National Merit Finalist

Maeve M Pessis (nee Morrison):
Born September 1944.
Attended Pacific High School San Bernardino, CA.
She married Girard C Pessis, Decemeber 20, 1966.
Maeve and Girard Pessis shared address with Gareth Penn on Webster St in Berkeley during the 1968-69.

Mary Patricia Hautz.
Born March 1947
Attended Pacific High School in nearby San Bernardino, CA
Have identical name as the person who wrote the "Patricia Hautz" letter Nov 1, 1967

MLZ
Born September 1946.
Attended Pacific High School inSan Bernardino, CA
Possible Zodiac suspect who named himself Zodiac in Pacific high school . He was pictured in the 1964 Pacific High yearbook
This might be nothing, maybe they are both listed here only because somone seached for thise two woman at this High School. I`m not sure.

This is what is written on both womans "profile" pages:

Welcome, you are visiting the profile reserved for Patricia Hautz. This page is here because someone searched for this name. If you are Patricia Hautz, this means someone is looking for you! Help them get in touch with you by Claiming your page. Claiming your page allows you to receive messages that people may have left you, view other profiles, upload a picture and make a piece of the internet your own. Claiming your page is completely free and gives you full access to our site. Join now and begin customizing your page in minutes!

If you aren't Patricia Hautz and would like a page of your own, simply Register for free and have your own page up instantly!

Welcome, you are visiting the profile reserved for Patricia Hautz. This page is here because someone searched for this name. If you are Patricia Hautz, this means someone is looking for you! Help them get in touch with you by Claiming your page. Claiming your page allows you to receive messages that people may have left you, view other profiles, upload a picture and make a piece of the internet your own. Claiming your page is completely free and gives you full access to our site. Join now and begin customizing your page in minutes!

If you aren't Patricia Hautz and would like a page of your own, simply Register for free and have your own page up instantly!

In this link a woman with the same name as Garth Penn´s former wife, Mary Ann Winterrowd, is listed as a possible former student at San Bernardino High School - SAN BERNARDINO, CA
http://names.allhighschools.com/alumni-search/san-bernardino-high-school/mary%20ann-winterrowd/1093190

In this link a Patricia Hautz is also listed as a possible former student at the same San Bernardino High School - SAN BERNARDINO, CA

http://names.allhighschools.com/alumni-search/san-bernardino-high-school/patricia-hautz/1008816
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:15 pm

Theforeigner wrote:
Quote :
Hi Mike, here is somthing to add to your files if you dont have it already:

I found that Girard Pessis´s wife, who Gareth Penn described as "goddess of a wife Maeve", attened Pacific High School San Bernardino, CA.
The very same HS that possible writer of the "Patricia Hautz" letter, and possible Zodiac suspect MLZ, attened. They all 3 were born within the timeframe 1944-1947.

California Marriage Index, 1960-1985
about Girard C Pessis
Name: Girard C Pessis
Est. Birth: abt 1943
Spouse Name: Maeve M Morrison
Spouse Age: 22
Date: 20 Dec 1966

http://www.e-yearbook.com/yearbooks/hs_pacific_ca/1962/Page_176.html

Pacific High School - Pacificana Yearbook (San Bernardino, CA)
- Class of 1962

MAEVE M. MORRISON: Rally Committee, Les Amis Elites Secretary, CSF Secretory-Treasurer, NHS, ICC, Student Council, Academic Editor of Pacificano, Editor-in-Chief of Pacificano, Secretary of Junior Class, Historian of Sobobans, Chaplain of K.D. ' s, Homecoming Queen Candidate, Prom Decorations Chairman, National Merit Finalist

Maeve M Pessis (nee Morrison):
Born September 1944.
Attended Pacific High School San Bernardino, CA.
She married Girard C Pessis, Decemeber 20, 1966.
Maeve and Girard Pessis shared address with Gareth Penn on Webster St in Berkeley during the 1968-69.

Mary Patricia Hautz.
Born March 1947
Attended Pacific High School in nearby San Bernardino, CA
Have identical name as the person who wrote the "Patricia Hautz" letter Nov 1, 1967

MLZ
Born September 1946.
Attended Pacific High School inSan Bernardino, CA
Possible Zodiac suspect who named himself Zodiac in Pacific high school . He was pictured in the 1964 Pacific High yearbook
This might be nothing, maybe they are both listed here only because somone seached for thise two woman at this High School. I`m not sure.

This is what is written on both womans "profile" pages:

In this link a woman with the same name as Garth Penn´s former wife, Mary Ann Winterrowd, is listed as a possible former student at San Bernardino High School - SAN BERNARDINO, CA
http://names.allhighschools.com/alumni-search/san-bernardino-high-school/mary%20ann-winterrowd/1093190

In this link a Patricia Hautz is also listed as a possible former student at the same San Bernardino High School - SAN BERNARDINO, CA

http://names.allhighschools.com/alumni-search/san-bernardino-high-school/patricia-hautz/1008816

Foreigner, the student most people think was named PATRICIA HAUTZ, did attend Pacific HS in 1964, and I didnt see anyone with the last name of Penn's wife in the yearbook
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:33 am

I for one find this thread Totally fascinating, and want to learn more. I really appreciate all the research MikeM and The Foreigner have been putting into this. Also have received some more good questions to send off to Penn. If you post your questions in this thread I just copy and paste them off to him.... IF I get alot at one time, I make a little list. Also received some via PM and Email. Please everyone lets stay focused on this Penn Thread and Penn ONLY. There's some great brainstorming happening.... I hope it continues. How often do we get a to seize and opportunity like this one?? So, From now on....only the people who are totally interested in Penn and who he really is and what he is really is about. I'm for sure in that group!!! ((I also read the other threads...but this is the one that is happening now.....lets seize this moment, and everyone find and offer what they know about Penn, Please!))

Zincerely, Zam*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 3:22 am

MikeM wrote:
rand wrote:
Is your real name MikeM? "Bashing other readers/posters/" Where do you see that? I have never bashed a reader or poster. I bashed Penn.
"but you won't find me bashing that person -- or opinions about him/her/it -- on the Troy Houghton thread" Seems like you're bashing me, right? Have I bashed you or anyone else here? No. You couldn't care less about anyone named Troy Houghton? Where have you been? You haven't read the thread, don't know anything about Troy Houghton, but you "couldn't care the hell less." No wonder this case is still open after all these years.

You're bashing posters and readers when you say disparaging things about the topic of their interest. What you've done here, for instance, isn't critical thinking, it's just an ad hominem slam: "I thought we were trying to catch Z, not flies, which is all you're going to get with Penn...What more does anyone need to hear from him before they stop listening and caring. It's time to turn the page already on Penn: he's nothing but a distraction. Is and always has been. But I commend the truly excellent work done by Zam and others on this. Too bad it's just a distraction..."

Gareth Penn has been of great interest to Zodiacologists for years, and I for one couldn't disagree more that he's a distraction. But I'm not on here insisting that people pay attention to him, nor attacking their subjects of interest as a waste of time.

I don't know if you all noticed this, but Zam -- who's been good enough to host this forum and post all this information -- got a nasty little bashing from Mike Butterfield, aka ZSearcher after she posted this Penn information. I mean, telling her to get off the Internet and get back to her sick mother?? You've got to be kidding me!

Hostile people hiding behind nicks to pitch pet POIs are forum killers.

My real name is MikeM and I read the Troy Houghton thread until I became disinterested in it. I have no interest in debating him or reading anymore about him, but I'm not going to tell the people who are interested in him that he's a distraction and that they should stop listening and caring about him. That kind of nastiness won't solve anything or make anyone more interested in your topic.
Just to be fair, Mike Butterfield is not Zsearcher.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 11:25 am

Here are more military records from Gareth Penn. Farmer's forum had them, but I believe they were deleted with the members who had posted them.

The key takeaway from these records are two qualifications Mr. Penn himself has, but that he has also used against Mike O'Hare: advanced training in map-making and related skills that would impart knowledge of "radians" (O'Hare is an architect; Penn an Army Artillery Surveyor/Instructor). And more significantly, Mr. Penn's U.S. Army Expert Rifle marksmanship designation, noted in the lower left hand box on the second page under Decorations, Medals, Badges, Commendations, Citations, and Campaign Ribbons Awarded or Authorized.

Expert is the highest level achievable in the U.S. Army for marksmanship:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Armyqual.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marksmanship_Badge_%28United_States%29

Readers of his work will know that Mr. Penn spun Mike O'Hare's less-expert Harvard Rifle Team membership as evidence of Zodiac guilt. But he has never applied any such implication to himself. Mr. Penn likes to express things mathematically, so here goes:

Mike O'Hare + architect's degree + Harvard Rifle Team membership = Zodiac killer

Gareth Penn + Army Artillery Survey instructor + Army Expert Rifle marksmanship ≠ Zodiac killer

I have repeatedly questioned Mr. Penn about these inconsistencies, and he has repeatedly declined to answer. I also informed him that the records would be posted here, should he wish to comment.

Gareth Penn - Page 8 Penn_m12

Gareth Penn - Page 8 Penn_m11
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:54 pm

I find anyone who knew anything about surveying interesting. Compared to the artillery connection, which could involve hunters, military, LE, criminals and just general hobbyists, the knowledge of the Mount Diablo survey point and the term radians seems more specific. Z also makes less specific references in his letters (go one mile north, feet pointed west, etc.) that might indicate someone with directional influences, though admittedly vague.

If Penn was the Zodiac he obviously knows the answer to the Mt. Diablo code. So is Penn's radian theory the real answer to the PH crime motive or a smokescreen? Is the answer to why he wouldn't go ahead and announce the correct decode and location of the bomb that it would incriminate him, that there was no bomb and the code is false, or that he just doesn't know?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Tahoe27 wrote:
Thebes--I admire your hardwork and would never want to dismiss it because truth of the matter is, I don't know. I'm certainly no expert, but I just don't see how the author of that card would think anyone would ever figure out "t/fhing!!!!" was ALA's ss#. What would be the point if it was so hard to figure out? Zodiac thought he was dealing with dumb cops (for the most part), so why would he think anyone would ever get that?
According to Gareth Penn (and also my findings), the Zodiac never intended his ciphers to be decoded by cops (which he called pigs). Instead, he decided to defy God’s authority by challenging him. His idea was to send a cipher so hard that only a God would be able to decipher it.

Inside the cipher was encoded the identity of the Zodiac. So I imagine it was a way of saying: “if there’s really a God out there, go ahead and punish me!”. Apparently, nothing happened. So the Zodiac self-proclaimed himself a God (he took what he perceived as a vacant position in the universe).

I know that’s pretty messed up. But we’re talking about the Zodiac here.

The big question is where did Gareth find this information? I don’t want to ask him directly this question because he can just answer “read my books”. If Gareth really knows the identity of the Zodiac, he won’t reveal it that easily.

Before reading Times 17, I knew very little about cryptography. Almost all my findings were made by following the “recipes” given by Gareth. Usually, I don’t need to go very far to find something. For example, in the “T/Fhing” puzzle, I only needed to combine the information from two chapters inside Times 17.

And those “coincidences” keep happening again and again. It simply can’t be because of chance, it was intended. Concerning Gareth, I have only two hypothesis:

1 – He analysed all the Zodiac letters trying to find what appeared to be coincidences, secretly building a plausible scenario. He then encoded all that information in his books making it appear as if he was accusing Michael O’Hare instead. However, he did this knowing that someone would be able to read between the lines and find his coincidences. For some weird reason, Gareth would then appreciate being a suspect.

Or

2 – He knows who the Zodiac is/was/were.

Hypothesis #1 seems very unlikely to me. But I understand that not everyone will agree. This is the part which needs to be explored thoroughly.

Quote :
Not saying that some of your other stuff about radians and bomb local might be accurate, but some of the math stuff (I think) is way too extreme. And since we don't know this as fact, to say he was "into numerology" is questionable.
Just being curious: usually for me, extreme maths involves tensors and gradients. I guess that varies from an individual to another. What do you find extreme?

I don’t think that Gareth or the Zodiac were into numerology. But Gareth did use a lot of it in his books. Also some puzzles by the Zodiac yield a solution when using numerology principles.

The link “Zodiac -> Astrology -> Numerology” looks reasonable to me, no?

Quote :
imo That said, it's people like you who keep looking and trying to figure out what this all means so thanks for your work. I'm very grateful to not have to read Times 17--my brain can't handle it, so I'll take your word for some of it.
Thanks for that comment. I’m looking forward to write my next documents so that it will be even easier to understand.
Back to top Go down
mike_r
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi-

Are we talking about the same Zodiac who apparently tried to blow out the passenger's side rear window on the Rambler and ended up shooting into the roof? Are we talking about the same Zodiac who blew out the long rear compartment window of the Rambler with a shot that JUST barely hit the glass above the chrome (almost another miss!)? Are we talking about the same Zodiac who had a free shot at MM's head from two feet and shot him in the cheek?

Marksman? Where does this come from?

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:03 pm

mike_r wrote:

Marksman? Where does this come from?
Mike

Gareth Penn.
Back to top Go down
mike_r
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:22 pm

Hi-

MikeM--You edited your message before I could reply.

Penn says this? (I don't read his epistles anymore. I did read T 17, though.)

None of what you wrote makes sense to me. There was only one "moving target" (unless you consider squirming for your life inside a car in that category) and one murder in an "urban setting." Maybe Stine struggled a bit. Is that considered a "moving target?" What does being a marksman have to do with the setting, urban or otherwise? Am I to gather that when I go to NYC anyone who is hailing a cab is likely to be "inebriated" until proven otherwise?

Can Penn place MHOH in California on any of the Z murder or letter dates? That seems to be an important point. Or is it not relevant to anything because the "hidden geometry" says he did it? GP could not understand why the police didn't "feel" him but all he has is "soft" evidence that no cop could ever understand. A cop knows that the sky is blue, the sun is hot and water is wet, not unit circles or light beams that travel towards a source (although that is admittedly weird for those who read T17). Which DA would go to court with GP's evidence? (Kamela, maybe!!) Is it up to us to prove that MHOH was elsewhere on the murder dates, like with Gyke?

To my knowledge, MHOH did not live in or frequent the Bay Area during the canonical Z murders (i.e., 1968-69). One of the basic premises of tying someone to the crimes is placing him in the right places at the right times. Can GP do that?

Mike

Last edited by mike_r on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:46 pm

"Am I to gather that when I go to NYC anyone who is hailing a cab is likely to be "inebriated" until proven otherwise?"

You can just watch Cash Cab. I'd say it's about 50/50. Wink

I do agree, nothing really says marksman to me. A marksman Z might have hunted from a roof or hill top like in Dirty Hairy.

Do I watch too much TV?

Still like the surveyor part though.
Back to top Go down
mike_r
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi-

"Dirty Hairy"

Is this the prequel to "Shampoo?" Wink

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 10:53 pm

It is what it is. Gareth Penn was an Expert U.S. Army rifle marksman.

Though it makes sense to me, I'm not a professional criminal profiler and I'm not qualified to speculate whether or not marksmanship could be part of a Zodiac profile.
Back to top Go down
mike_r
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 7:23 am

Hi-

I'm not a profiler, either. I just look at where some of the shots went. I believe a "marksman" would have hit the big window on the Rambler much closer to dead center. While I can't say that Z was not trying to shoot the roof of the car, based on his other shot I have to believe he wanted to create some more noise and fear by blowing out another window and simply missed it and hit the roof. Then he misses MM's head and blames the victim for jumping out of the way! MM presumably didn't jump until AFTER the free first shot at his noggin that hit his face.

Mike
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 9:50 am

Zam, how is the second round of Penn Q&A coming along?

Thanks for doing the work on this.

By the way, it is a real shame to see people take shots at you on other forums relating to your sick mom. Then again, the person that did it, begged to be a member here. But he isnt a member of this forum ,and will never be one due to his crazy accusations, inuendos, and games.
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 am

Unless the marksmen knew what he was doing. Made it look like a few misses, until the target. Then you would NOT suspect a true marksmen's. Something to ponder. Z was smart like a fox.
I have sent some questions off to Gareth. I received PM's from ALL 3 sites. I planned on posting the rest of Gareths info over at Mike B's, but felt chased off by that Zsearcher... he was playing his games again...then the Mod there, Audus08 acts like he's heard enough of Penn?? <-- so be it, I did not post the rest there. Tom's site was open to the Thread, and received some good comments and also PM'd questions. The Opord seems to have removed ALOT of their stuff on Guy H. Finally, as we ALL know Guy H is totally innocent, just has a nutty step daughter.
Janice H. and myself are still working with Penn. I honestly would like a few more really good questions for him.....
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 3:19 pm

Zamantha wrote:
Unless the marksmen knew what he was doing. Made it look like a few misses, until the target. Then you would NOT suspect a true marksmen's. Something to ponder. Z was smart like a fox. I have sent some questions off to Gareth. I received PM's from ALL 3 sites. I planned on posting the rest of Gareths info over at Mike B's, but felt chased off by that Zsearcher... he was playing his games again...then the Mod there, Audus08 acts like he's heard enough of Penn?? <-- so be it, I did not post the rest there. Tom's site was open to the Thread, and received some good comments and also PM'd questions. The Opord seems to have removed ALOT of their stuff on Guy H. Finally, as we ALL know Guy H is totally innocent, just has a nutty step daughter.
Janice H. and myself are still working with Penn. I honestly would like a few more really good questions for him.....

Highlighted in red:
I couldn´t agree more:) that is IMO exctley what Zodiac would do if he was an exellent marksman.

Here is one question for GP:

Mr Gareth Penn

May I ask you, due to your huge and long lasting work on the Zodiac´s code/ciphers ,
do you have any solutions or partly solutions of any of thise unsolved Zodiac ciphers that you could share?

The 340 cipher Nov 8th 1969
The My name is..." cipher April 20, 1970
The 32 symbol cipher June 26, 1970
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 9:21 pm

Mr. Penn acknowledges yet another similarity between himself and the Zodiac Killer -- Old Norse.

This answer is now on Gareth's blog at http://gz4216.blogspot.com

QUESTION: Ask him if he see's the irony in boasting about his Norse literature studies an the contents of the SLA letter. Ask him if it's deliberate or completely coincidental the way he keeps tying himself to the case.

PENN'S ANSWER: I have done some editing of other questions, but I think this one deserves to be reproduced verbatim. When I commented in TIMES 17 on the SLA Letter, I mentioned the fact that I have studied Old Norse; at the risk of being seen as a braggart, let me expand on that.

I have taken every unit of instruction in Old Norse offered at the University of California and the Free University Berlin. The only reason I brought it up was that the Zodiac refers to the Old Norse verb slá and says that it means “to kill,” and he’s wrong. It means “to beat, to strike.” I brought up my background in this subject in order to establish my qualifications for saying so.

Questioner, meet me at Camera 3. Sir, would you be happier if I had written, “I don’t know anything about Old Norse, but slá doesn’t mean ‘to kill’”? If I had, wouldn’t you be deriding me now for uttering an opinion about something I know nothing about? When you say that I keep “tying” myself to this case, do you mean that by admitting to being schooled in a dead language, I am providing evidence that I wrote a letter in which a word from that language is wrongly defined? If I had written the letter, don’t you think I would have gotten it right?

And if I were simply trying to create suspicion that I had written the letter (without having done so), why would I disagree with the author about what that word means? Don’t you think that if I were the author of this letter, or if I were trying to create the impression that I were, I would agree with him instead of contradicting him? I don’t think you’ve thought this through. Maybe it’s just me, but it appears to me that when a letter from a felon contains a foreign-language word and he defines it the wrong way, comment to that effect is called for, because it may tell us something about him. Until I pointed out the discrepancy, no one else had, including the police and Bob Graysmith.

The fact that he cites the word and defines it wrongly permits the inference that he got his blend of information and misinformation by consulting an English-language dictionary giving slá as a cognate of English “slay” without defining it and that he wrongly inferred that the two must mean the same thing. I identified the dictionaries available on the reference shelves of public libraries that might have been the basis of his misunderstanding and pointed out that they are hardly the kind of dictionary that an uneducated person would consult. Murray Miron’s psychological profile of the Zodiac, excerpted by Graysmith, describes him as having “no more than a high school education.”

The error involving the Old Norse verb contradicts Miron’s profile; it seems obvious to me that the Zodiac is an educated man who hasn’t studied Old Norse. Are you saying that it is somehow undemocratic for people who have specialized knowledge to make use of it? Or are you saying that it’s all right to use it, but not to establish your qualifications for doing so for fear of hurting the feelings of those who don’t? If I’ve hurt your feelings, I apologize.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 10:33 pm

Could someone give me 5 or 10 reasons why we should care about G. Penn or O'Hare as Z suspects? This is not an unfair question or hard-hitting or insulting or anything else. It's an honest question that I would think should have been answered in all these years people have spent discussing his name along with Z's. It's a softball question that should be hit out of the park by MikeM or the others who care about Penn. What are the 5 best reasons why he could be Z? or might know Z? or might know who was Z? What has he shed light on that we either didn't already know before or should have known? I don't get it and I have studied this case for years. I want to be enlightened. The fascination with Penn strikes me like the courtcase at the beginning of Dickens's Bleak House: it had gone on for so long, no one remembered what it was about anymore, and yet it continued. Maybe I'm wrong, but go ahead and show me.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 10:53 pm

rand wrote:
Could someone give me 5 or 10 reasons why we should care about G. Penn or O'Hare as Z suspects? This is not an unfair question or hard-hitting or insulting or anything else. It's an honest question that I would think should have been answered in all these years people have spent discussing his name along with Z's. It's a softball question that should be hit out of the park by MikeM or the others who care about Penn. What are the 5 best reasons why he could be Z? or might know Z? or might know who was Z? What has he shed light on that we either didn't already know before or should have known? I don't get it and I have studied this case for years. I want to be enlightened. The fascination with Penn strikes me like the courtcase at the beginning of Dickens's Bleak House: it had gone on for so long, no one remembered what it was about anymore, and yet it continued. Maybe I'm wrong, but go ahead and show me.

Rand, I think this needs to be said:

You shouldnt come to a thread asking people and challenging them on why they think what they do, or why they should care about a suspect/POI. I havent seen anybody coming into your Minutemen thread challenging you. You have listed a whole bunch of circumstantial things about T.H., (none of it conclusively linking your POI to Zodiac, or to the Bay area).

I will give you an example. I dont think GYKE was Zodiac, and I asked specific questions in the GYKE thread, such as, "any evidence he used guns", "can you show a 1969 photo of him", etc. Things that would make me see him as worthy of being a good candidate. But I didnt post there telling them to list reasons,as I dont think people need to explain why they are interested in a POI (at the same time, they should be able to answer questions about him).

I think if you have specific questions, or glaring things about a suspect or POI, you should present them, and ask them to explain away, but NOT generically ask them to come up with a list, again that would be like me saying "prove T.H. was in the Bay area", and asking you to prove with facts that he was.

This isnt an attack on you personally, I just think if you think a suspect/POI is a waste of time, then why bother commenting, or posting about him?

That being said, I dont believe Penn or Ohare were Zodiac, but if people want to discuss him, its their option. At the same time, if they make statements that someone has specific doubts, or evidence against, they should be ready to field questions, and challenges
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 11:13 pm

It's a perfectly fair question, Morf. Anyone is welcome to come on the TH thread and ask: Why should I care. I'm happy to answer that question. Anyone is welcome to come to the TH thread and ask: what are the 5-10 best reasons why TH might have been Z. What in the heck is wrong with that? It's a perfectly fair question and it is asked about all Z suspects, including Gaik and TH (dozens of times). I'm not talking here about nit-picking. It's a question that all Z investigators should want to know the answer to: why should we care about this suspect or what, in this case, this person has opined about the case?

I have been asked: Can you prove TH was in the Bay Area? I've answered it: I don't know where he was after April 1967.

Morf wrote: "This isnt an attack on you personally, I just think if you think a suspect/POI is a waste of time, then why bother commenting, or posting about him?

That being said, I dont believe Penn or Ohare were Zodiac, but if people want to discuss him, its their option. At the same time, if they make statements that someone has specific doubts, or evidence against, they should be ready to field questions, and challenges"

Of course it's their option. And I'm giving them the perfect question to discuss their POI; to champion him; to taut him. I'm certainly not attempting to silence anyone.

It is important why people care about a suspect. If people are saying, all of a sudden, that Jack Benny was Z; and there was lots and lots of interest in JB as Z, wouldn't you ask: Why? Wouldn't that be THE core question to ask?

The problem with specific questions is that they lend credibility to a POI in their specificity. You miss the forest for the trees. I'm interested in the forest here. Is there one?
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 11:38 pm

Rand, there may be a forest.... if we can complete this thread. Alot of us came from The Opord and studied Penn in depth. We still have some un answered questions. Questions we hope he can shed some light to. So, I ask please do not interrupt this thread. It's flowing quite well, thank you. And that helps keep all of us brainstorming. We will be working on this thread more in the future. As we have sent off some more very good questions to Gareth for his help in the answers. So, anyone... not interested in this thread...plus just don't read... let us do our thing right now. This is very exciting to some of us to have Gareth be so willing to help. Much Thanks, Zam*
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:25 am

Rand I mostly agree with you in that I think there is a 0% chance of O'Hare being Zodiac and less than a 1% chance of Penn having anything to do with it.

Yet I have a mild interest in the Penn saga as it has so many twists and turns, his father worked for Cal DOJ and may have given his son some inside info and without Penn the Joan Webster case would not be as well known.

Others have a fascination with Penn as a suspect that I don't share. Yet I sometimes have the strange feeling Penn knows something about the case, something more than he has let on. Who knows for sure.

Anyway thanks again to Zam for helping the people who do have questions get some answers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:24 am

I too do not believe Gareth to be the Zodiac, I do on the other hand wonder why he injects himself into the investigation and it amuses me no end that at a time when Opord were fluttering around for an absoloute age doing nothing but slapping themselves on the back and saying they had solved the case (In other words prancing around with nothing to do) that Gareth pops up with all this extra info for them to dissect.

LHR- No witnesses, but we do have strange statements by Owens and Connelly posturing with a .22 that night.
BRS- Mageau, short beefy. Hardly skinny ,lanky 6ft Penn.
LB- Footprints left which the police reckoned were made by a heavy guy, even the guy the girls saw they described as muscular. Skinny lanky Gareth I think not.
PH- 5ft 8, from Fouke who we know saw (controversially spoke to or not) the Zodiac ,as he wrote that the two cops pulled a goof. Gareth 6ft.

I fail to see where he fits in to any crime scene quite frankly. And we only have Gareth's word for it that he had an affair with Stella. Did he? I think he takes any opportunity to inject himself into the case. He is writing another book. It is better to be talked about than not, he would have faded into obscurity long before now were it not for all this shenanigans.

If people want to talk about him fine, I read all the links and threads, if I wish to comment then so be it. Some people have a REAL interest in him, I view the Penn saga with amusement. He is not the Zodiac IMO but his publicity people never give in lol.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 5:19 am

Solar Pons wrote:
I too do not believe Gareth to be the Zodiac, I do on the other hand wonder why he injects himself into the investigation and it amuses me no end that at a time when Opord were fluttering around for an absoloute age doing nothing but slapping themselves on the back and saying they had solved the case (In other words prancing around with nothing to do) that Gareth pops up with all this extra info for them to dissect.

LHR- No witnesses, but we do have strange statements by Owens and Connelly posturing with a .22 that night.
BRS- Mageau, short beefy. Hardly skinny ,lanky 6ft Penn.
LB- Footprints left which the police reckoned were made by a heavy guy, even the guy the girls saw they described as muscular. Skinny lanky Gareth I think not.
PH- 5ft 8, from Fouke who we know saw (controversially spoke to or not) the Zodiac ,as he wrote that the two cops pulled a goof. Gareth 6ft.

I fail to see where he fits in to any crime scene quite frankly. And we only have Gareth's word for it that he had an affair with Stella. Did he? I think he takes any opportunity to inject himself into the case. He is writing another book. It is better to be talked about than not, he would have faded into obscurity long before now were it not for all this shenanigans.

If people want to talk about him fine, I read all the links and threads, if I wish to comment then so be it. Some people have a REAL interest in him, I view the Penn saga with amusement. He is not the Zodiac IMO but his publicity people never give in lol.

Also may add that the corrected age description of Zodiac was 35-45 (averages out to 40), how old was Penn in 1969?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gareth Penn
Page 8 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: