Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

7/13/71 Letter?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rand
Chief
rand

7/13/71 Letter? Empty
PostSubject: 7/13/71 Letter?   7/13/71 Letter? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 2:13 am

Does anyone know anything about this possible Z letter mentioned by Doug Oswell almost 9 years ago:

Post by Douglas Oswell on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 04:14 pm on Zodiackiller.com message board:

A while back someone (I believe Tom) posted a SFPD document titled "Suspected Zodiac Correspondence," that purported to list all Zodiac missives extant in the SFPD files. One such listing completely took me by surprise because I had never seen it referenced anywhere before. Dated 7/13/71, it was sent to the SF Chronicle and is described in the document as "LETTERS PASTED ON PICTURE 'NEAR MONTICELLO SHOUGHT VICTIMS 21 .... IN THE WOODS DIES APRIL.'" It seems very much as if this might be a follow-up to the Pines card.

Here's the link: http://www.zodiackiller.com/mba/zl/160.html
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

7/13/71 Letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/13/71 Letter?   7/13/71 Letter? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:21 am

rand wrote:
Does anyone know anything about this possible Z letter mentioned by Doug Oswell almost 9 years ago:

Post by Douglas Oswell on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 - 04:14 pm on Zodiackiller.com message board:

A while back someone (I believe Tom) posted a SFPD document titled "Suspected Zodiac Correspondence," that purported to list all Zodiac missives extant in the SFPD files. One such listing completely took me by surprise because I had never seen it referenced anywhere before. Dated 7/13/71, it was sent to the SF Chronicle and is described in the document as "LETTERS PASTED ON PICTURE 'NEAR MONTICELLO SHOUGHT VICTIMS 21 .... IN THE WOODS DIES APRIL.'" It seems very much as if this might be a follow-up to the Pines card.

Here's the link: http://www.zodiackiller.com/mba/zl/160.html

I vaguely remember that. You could do an FBI Foia request for it
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

7/13/71 Letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/13/71 Letter?   7/13/71 Letter? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:11 pm

I talk about this letter here:

https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t469-in-the-woods-dies-april-possible-zodiac-card-july-13-1971

I did a FOIA request for this letter, along with the San Jose Z letter, the July 78 letter and the Atlanta Child Murders Zodiac letter. My FOIA was denied. I filed an appeal, and just last week got a letter from the FBI Office of Information Policy stating that my appeal was accepted as timely and correct, and they will give a decision, hopefully with 60 days. If the appeal is denied, I will then take it to court.

These are some of the interesting things about this Zodiac letter:

Unlike Fairfield, this WAS listed by SFPD as a suspected Zodiac letter. See http://www.zodiackiller.com/SFPDDNA.html

It is described as words pasted over pictures - it sounds very similar in concept to the March 22, 1971 "peek through the pines" - "tahoe" card. It came 4 months after that card, it also makes a mention of trees (Pines; Woods).

The Pines card is thought by most to be a reference to the abduction and presumed murder of Tahoe resident Donna Lass, which took place 6 months and 16 days before the Pines card was sent.

If this "Woods" card is real, what victim might it be refering to? Who died 6 months to 12 months earlier? Or any time earlier and might be a Z victim?

This what we know:

July 13, 1971

Letters pasted on picture

"NEAR MONTICELLO SHOUGHT VICTIMS 21...IN THE WOODS DIES APRIL"

What does "Monticello" mean? Sandy Betts notes there is a "Monticello" near Lake Berryessa. Could a body have been dumped there?

Doug Oswell notes "Monticello" in Italian means "little mountain".

The real Monticello was the home of Thomas Jefferson in Virgina.

What is meant, if anything, by "In the woods dies April"?

Oswell notes a poem named by English writer Alfred Austin called "Agatha", with lines:

"She wanders in the April woods...And still she haunts those woodland ways".

Possible Victims? "Woods" Card was sent July 13, 1971.

Robin Graham, November 15, 1970 - Morf and others have noted she was a victim of a "car trouble" ruse attack, like Bates and Kathleen Johns. Could be a LA Zodiac victim. A good candidate to explore IMO. A "Robin" lives (and dies) in the "woods". Also, Ms. Graham was attending college in Woodland Hills, CA.

Carol Hilburn, November 13, 1970 - Listed by Graysmith as a possible Zodiac victim, like Betty Cloer she was last seen at a bar and probably killed by the same man who killed Cloer - the recently convicted Phillip Arthur Thompson.

March 7 or 8, 1970, Nurse Judith Hakari - Probable Zodiac crime. This also seems to be a good candidate IMO.

March 13, 1970, Marie Anstey - debate over whether she was murdered, murder made to look like accident or real accidental death.

Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

7/13/71 Letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/13/71 Letter?   7/13/71 Letter? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Great info, AK. Thanks. Btw, Monticello (LB), Jefferson, more revolutionary/early American references by Z. Grist for my mill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

7/13/71 Letter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7/13/71 Letter?   7/13/71 Letter? Empty

Back to top Go down

7/13/71 Letter?
Page 1 of 1