Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 DGH School teacher suspect

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ricardo
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 96
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : San Francisco

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:07 pm

Actually, the post from the commentator from Chico, CA, using the name “Telmark”, was on June 11, 2009.

Later, the post from the commentator from Paradise, CA, also using the name “Telmark”, was on June 12, 2009.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/vallejo-ca/TF1545P7N0SJJJ8SH/p11

As concerns some of the statements by the commentator from Chico, CA, in my opinion, there is not a conflict. Though it probably was not reported in the news, it would be understandable that Donald would have talked with the students at North Salinas High School about being questioned by the police (though the police would have denied having interrogated Donald).

The major discrepancy is that the commentator from Chico, CA, is linking this unnamed teacher to the descriptions from the witnesses of the murder of Paul Stine.

On November 10, 2009, there is a post from a commentator from Pittsburgh, PA, using the name “DGH” which states “He was D.G.H school teacher”.

Which raises the following question: How can these commentators be sure that they are talking about the same teacher when they do not even mention the name of the school?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mk-zodiac.com
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:32 pm

Ricardo wrote:
Actually, the post from the commentator from Chico, CA, using the name “Telmark”, was on June 11, 2009.

Later, the post from the commentator from Paradise, CA, also using the name “Telmark”, was on June 12, 2009.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/vallejo-ca/TF1545P7N0SJJJ8SH/p11

As concerns some of the statements by the commentator from Chico, CA, in my opinion, there is not a conflict. Though it probably was not reported in the news, it would be understandable that Donald would have talked with the students at North Salinas High School about being questioned by the police (though the police would have denied having interrogated Donald).

The major discrepancy is that the commentator from Chico, CA, is linking this unnamed teacher to the descriptions from the witnesses of the murder of Paul Stine.

On November 10, 2009, there is a post from a commentator from Pittsburgh, PA, using the name “DGH” which states “He was D.G.H school teacher”.

Which raises the following question: How can these commentators be sure that they are talking about the same teacher when they do not even mention the name of the school?

I dont know the answer to this, but I am pretty sure Harden was not considered as a suspect in the case, and didnt look like the Z sketch. If somebody has info showing Harden discussed being a suspect with his school, or was questioned as a suspect, please share it here.
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1340
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Bayarea

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Harden solved the 408 at the end of July '69, so he couldn't very well have been a suspect in Stine's killing, nor looked like the composite at that point. They would have had to have gone back and questioned Harden 2.5 months later, after PH. If he didn't fit the composite I can't see what would trigger them to suspect him then, unless SFPD, now on the case, was going back through old info.
Back to top Go down
Ricardo
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 96
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : San Francisco

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:27 pm

As it often may happen, maybe this is an example of a difference of communication.

What is a better way to clarify each of the following two statements?

(1)  Donald was not a suspect in the Zodiac case.

and

(2)  Anyone who had any pertinent information about the Zodiac case would have been considered a possible suspect.

(In my opinion, both of these statements are reasonable even though they may seem to contradict each other.)

Thanks for helping to clarify!









 
Back to top Go down
http://www.mk-zodiac.com
sandy betts
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1096
Join date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: DGH   Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:39 pm

See how easily things can get so misunderstood in this case ?

Ricardo and I both had this discussion a few nights ago when I told him about the Chat session in last Saturday's chat.
It became obvious to us that DGH we know about, could have been the high school teacher who was talked about on Vallejo Topix.
The idea that the teacher had to be from Chico or Paradise is a bit of a stretch (I think anyway). The two people if there were two, and I doubt that as well, because my address shows up on Topix as a different town than I live in.
So what I am trying to get across is , just because the posters address showed up Chico and Paradise didn't mean that the high school teacher had to be from that area as well. We are talking some 40 yrs later ! People do move to other areas in that time.

I know Ricardo fairly well I believe , and the one thing that I do know about him, is that he is very thorough in his investigations !
He and I have studied this case for many years now, that doesn't mean that we know it all better than anyone else, but shall we say ,we know it better than people who have not studied the Z case.

The poster who posted about DGH being a z suspect could have it all wrong , we don't know that for sure do we ?
It makes perfect sense to me that Donald G. Harden knowing that he had just broken the Zodiac's code, (when no one else could), may become under suspicion ? So he headed them off at the pass , so to speak. He knew that there was going to be huge news story in the papers about him breaking the Z's code. That there was a possibility that he could be under suspicion, and he wanted to put all of the students minds at ease.
Maybe he was never questioned ? If not, don't you think he should have been ? That is just good police work plain and simple.
If I broke the code ,I am sure I would be asked a few questions , I am a female and look nothing like the Zodiac even if I used a disguise LOL.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:29 am

sandy betts wrote:
See how easily things can get so misunderstood in this case ?

Ricardo and I both had this discussion a few nights ago when I told him about the Chat session in last Saturday's chat.
It became obvious to us that DGH we know about, could have been the high school teacher who was talked about on Vallejo Topix.
The idea that the teacher had to be from Chico or Paradise is a bit of a stretch (I think anyway). The two people if there were two, and I doubt that as well, because my address shows up on Topix as a different town than I live in.
So what I am trying to get across is , just because the posters address showed up Chico and Paradise didn't mean that the high school teacher had to be from that area as well. We are talking some 40 yrs later ! People do move to other areas in that time.

I know Ricardo fairly well I believe , and the one thing that I do know about him, is that he is very thorough in his investigations !
He and I have studied this case for many years now, that doesn't mean that we know it all better than anyone else, but shall we say ,we know it better than people who have not studied the Z case.

The poster who posted about DGH being a z suspect could have it all wrong , we don't know that for sure do we ?
It makes perfect sense to me that Donald G. Harden knowing that he had just broken the Zodiac's code, (when no one else could), may become under suspicion ? So he headed them off at the pass , so to speak. He knew that there was going to be huge news story in the papers about him breaking the Z's code. That there was a possibility that he could be under suspicion, and he wanted to put all of the students minds at ease.
Maybe he was never questioned ? If not, don't you think he should have been ? That is just good police work plain and simple.
If I broke the code ,I am sure I would be asked a few questions , I am a female and look nothing like the Zodiac even if I used a disguise LOL.

Sandy, you are right. The poster(s) on the Vallejo Topix forum may have it all wrong, or they may be lying...but then again, maybe they arent.
Someone above pointed out that the member from CHICO, and the member from PARADISE, were BOTH NAMED TELMARK. That same person named TELMARK, may have made one post from home and one from work, thus explaining the two different towns. When you make a post on TOPIX, the website automatically records your location(you dont put your location in on your own, just your name). So I had misread it, and thought one was from PARADISE & one was from CHICO. Thats why I was looking in that area. Now that its corrected, the member could have been from anyplace in CA.

To make it worse, a poster named DGH from Pittsburgh PA, chimed in and seemed to know the details of the teacher incident as well. (maybe he moved from CA)

Still left with alot of questions here, but I think Bentley is correct, Harden was NOT a Z suspect, and would NOT have been harrassed by police. This person claimed that he was present in a school gathering when the teacher sat them down and talked to them about being harrassed by the police. I dont see anyway how that could be Harden....that is, if this person didnt make the whole thing up.
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1096
Join date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Harden   Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:05 pm

Some how what I have said is being misconstrued. It is obvious to me that when a person interjects himself into a murder investigation, he or she becomes POI. I don't think that Don Harden was harassed by police at all.
I do think that because he and his wife were the only people who were able to break the code, he himself may have felt that he could be a suspect in the case.
Therefore he wanted to make it clear to everyone, that just because he solved the code , he could be looked at as a Zodiac suspect ?

He must have known that his name would appear in the news, and that some people would wonder how he could have solved something that the FBI, Naval intelligence, National and Central intelligence couldn't ?
(Something that only the Zodiac should know.)
This could be easy enough to find out, Don Is still alive, and would let us know if in fact he did have a gathering of students or not ?
He is the only teacher that has those exact initials that I know of ,who was very much involved in the Zodiac case.
Back to top Go down
jay st
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 77
Join date : 2011-07-04

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:21 pm

Chico has two HS Chico High and Pleasant Valley, Paradise has one Paradise High, and Durnham has one Durnham High. I searched Butte, Glen and Tehama counties and no DGH?
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
avatar

Posts : 2920
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Lake Tahoe

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:18 pm

Any other photos of Donald Harden other than the one where he appears to be working on the cipher? I am NOT saying he is a suspect, but the photo I have seen doesn't dismiss him via looks at least.

There is no doubt he would have been (briefly) looked at by LE, imo.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:34 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
Any other photos of Donald Harden other than the one where he appears to be working on the cipher? I am NOT saying he is a suspect, but the photo I have seen doesn't dismiss him via looks at least.

There is no doubt he would have been (briefly) looked at by LE, imo.

Here he is in the 1966 Salinas HS yearbook(on the right);


And a little piece of Zyncronicity, in the middle of the yearbook page above his photo, another teacher signed the yearbook for a student and in the inscription wrote, "May the bird of PARADISE sit on your head!"
Back to top Go down
Nin
Chief
avatar

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Several videos were posted by "zodiacdozaid" on youtube claiming DH as being the Zodiac. This is one of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUIEyWJNIz0&feature=relmfu

Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief


Posts : 649
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:18 am

[quote="Nin"]Several videos were posted by "zodiacdozaid" on youtube claiming DH as being the Zodiac. This is one of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUIEyWJNIz0&feature=relmfu

[/quote Just got done watching them Nin and came here to see if they was posted here in what others thought. Not saying DGH was Zodiac at all but makes this more interesting now;

Zodiac Book from Salinas Public Library with Message inside

Here is a Zodiac book from Salinas Public Library stamped Jun 20 1986.
This book has hand-writing in pen inscribed on the first two title pages.

The first hand-written page reads,
"This is my story. I started the Zodiac case, and ended it.
The last half of this book is theory. When I write the true ending it will shake the earth!
Betty Harden"

The second hand-written page reads,
"The author use to drive around Salinas to pick our brains --
all we told him was already public news that made headlines 5 inches long.
Our code-solving.
Bettye"

Back to top Go down
Ricardo
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 96
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : San Francisco

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:56 am

This Youtube video shows the signed book:

http://youtu.be/_585HxxWfXw

Here is a link to the thread on this message board about it:

http://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t155-zodiac-book-with-cryptic-message
Back to top Go down
http://www.mk-zodiac.com
StitchMallone
Chief


Posts : 649
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:41 am

Ricardo wrote:
This Youtube video shows the signed book:

http://youtu.be/_585HxxWfXw

Here is a link to the thread on this message board about it:

http://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t155-zodiac-book-with-cryptic-message
Cool I missed that video.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:35 am

A member of this forum owns that very book with the writing in it,they got it off Ebay. I hoped they would share more info, but for reasons of their own, they choose not to.

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief


Posts : 649
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:17 pm

morf13 wrote:
A member of this forum owns that very book with the writing in it,they got it off Ebay. I hoped they would share more info, but for reasons of their own, they choose not to.
Maybe there isn't much more to add but the writing that was posted in it but would be interesting if there were more.
Back to top Go down
Jem
Lieuntenant


Posts : 275
Join date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:14 am

It's eery how Donald Harden looks so much like a cross between the Stine sketch and the composite from Lake Berryessa!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:43 pm

morf13 wrote:
tahoe27 wrote:
Any other photos of Donald Harden other than the one where he appears to be working on the cipher? I am NOT saying he is a suspect, but the photo I have seen doesn't dismiss him via looks at least.

There is no doubt he would have been (briefly) looked at by LE, imo.

Here he is in the 1966 Salinas HS yearbook(on the right);


And a little piece of Zyncronicity, in the middle of the yearbook page above his photo, another teacher signed the yearbook for a student and in the inscription wrote, "May the bird of PARADISE sit on your head!"


I posted this pic so long ago, but I cant remember if we ever discussed it. Anybody see the light pencil writing under the bottom photo....

"May the bird of Paradise sit on your head" affraid

I know I made a refernce to it, but not sure what the opinions were on it

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:50 pm

Bird of Paradise is a 1932 American film directed by King Vidor, starring Dolores del Río, Joel McCrea, and Richard "Skeets" Gallagher and released by RKO Radio Pictures

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
avatar

Posts : 388
Join date : 2011-11-21

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Gotta admit, when I hear anything about "Bird of Paradise," I think of Little Jimmy Dickens and "May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose." This was a popular song in the 1960s. I've often wondered why Zodiac wanted to collect slaves for Paradice since my view of paradise doesn't involve slavery.

I hope I'm keeping up ... are we talking about the same Harden man who solved the cipher or a different Harden who was also a school teacher and whose wife was "Betty" and not "Bettye."

I think the above photo looks resembles the Zodiac composite but so do a lot of others.

(Morf, can you tell I don't want my account deleted?)

Back to top Go down
Jem
Lieuntenant


Posts : 275
Join date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:57 am

Patinky wrote:
Quote :
I hope I'm keeping up ... are we talking about the same Harden man who solved the cipher or a different Harden who was also a school teacher and whose wife was "Betty" and not "Bettye."
~ and
Quote :
(Morf, can you tell I don't want my account deleted?)
hahahahahahahahahaha!!! Pat is very very funny!

I think this Vallejo TOPIX poster is either exaggerating wildly or just plain lying when he claims DGH said he'd been arrested. Questioned, certainly possible, but ARRESTED - no way! if Surely we'd know if that were true. The guy (or girl) may have been a student of Harden's and harboring some grudge for whatever reason. Like for a bad grade. Either that, or this is the same person trying to promote the Harden=Z theory. Morf, can you tell I don't want my acct deleted, either!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:42 am

patinky wrote:
Gotta admit, when I hear anything about "Bird of Paradise," I think of Little Jimmy Dickens and "May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose." This was a popular song in the 1960s. I've often wondered why Zodiac wanted to collect slaves for Paradice since my view of paradise doesn't involve slavery.

I hope I'm keeping up ... are we talking about the same Harden man who solved the cipher or a different Harden who was also a school teacher and whose wife was "Betty" and not "Bettye."

I think the above photo looks resembles the Zodiac composite but so do a lot of others.

(Morf, can you tell I don't want my account deleted?)


They are one and the same

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
avatar

Posts : 388
Join date : 2011-11-21

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:51 am

Thanks for clearing that up.

I've heard of the offender interjecting themselves into a case but this would be the height of arrogance (which fits Z perfectly I suppose).






Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 43
Location : Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:20 pm


_________________

"I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb."
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief


Posts : 649
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:30 am

Patinky Just for laughs I actually did meet Jimmy Dickens years ago at a fair and he is short probably 5'2 inches tall. In fact I'm pretty sure I have a autograph picture he made out to my dad. Had to edit not sure if he passed since then and was the 90's when I meant him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: DGH School teacher suspect   

Back to top Go down
 
DGH School teacher suspect
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» School punishment...
» Wanted: Old school termies
» FLEMING COLLEGE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS BASKETBALL TIP-OFFS 2011
» My interesting day at school..
» School is EXASPERATING me!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: