Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Richard J Hirschfield

Go down 
+9
traveller1st
duckking2001
bentley
Theforeigner
Seagull
AK Wilks
patinky
Quagmire
morf13
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:11 pm

Any chance this guy was/is the Ear-Ons?
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Can we assume the various California agencies have excluded all the major suspects (Allen, Marshall, Kane, etc. and now Gaikowski and other recently investigated men) based on fingerprints and/or DNA?

If that isn't a correct assumption, can we assume that, probably, one of the main suspects known to law enforcement is probably the Zodiac but they just don't have enough direct evidence or a good body of evidence to send it to the DA's office?

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 1:52 pm

tahoe27 wrote:

If you google his name and EAR-ONS, you will see a forum that discusses him along with EAR-ONS. He attacked the two sisters in their home.
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
Nachtsider

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:42 pm

duckking2001 wrote:
Yeah, a 20 year old guy at BRS and LHR is maybe possible.... but a 17 year old for the Riverside murder seems really unlikely to me, IMO.
Not sure what about the Riverside murder rules out a teenage perp. It's perfectly within limits, I must say. The guy being young and possibly slight of build may explain why Cheri was able to put up such a vigorous fight.

patinky wrote:
Can we assume the various California agencies have excluded all the major suspects (Allen, Marshall, Kane, etc. and now Gaikowski and other recently investigated men) based on fingerprints and/or DNA?

If that isn't a correct assumption, can we assume that, probably, one of the main suspects known to law enforcement is probably the Zodiac but they just don't have enough direct evidence or a good body of evidence to send it to the DA's office?
Most of them, barring Gaikowski, have been ruled out on the basis of forensic evidence. None of the major suspects is Zodiac, I say.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:52 pm

While we await with hope results from Napa as of now there is no confirmed Zodiac DNA on file.
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 10:58 pm

Thanks Nacht and AKWilks.

Back to top Go down
duckking2001
Lieuntenant
duckking2001

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:13 pm

tahoe27 wrote:

RJH was caught from his DNA in the database, so I would think that they should have got a match for EARONS if it was him. Then again, they may not have checked. I don't know what the SOP is for running comparisons.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:25 am

duckking2001 wrote:
tahoe27 wrote:

RJH was caught from his DNA in the database, so I would think that they should have got a match for EARONS if it was him. Then again, they may not have checked. I don't know what the SOP is for running comparisons.

I dont know enough about EARONS to comment properly, all I know is that on another forum, somebody DID mention him in the same post as EARONS
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:31 am

Nachtsider wrote:
duckking2001 wrote:
Yeah, a 20 year old guy at BRS and LHR is maybe possible.... but a 17 year old for the Riverside murder seems really unlikely to me, IMO.
Not sure what about the Riverside murder rules out a teenage perp. It's perfectly within limits, I must say. The guy being young and possibly slight of build may explain why Cheri was able to put up such a vigorous fight.

I agree 100% NACH, not to get too far off topic (much has already been posted in the Bates section)but I think Cheri was able to put up such a fight because her attacker may have been thinner, or weaker, etc. I have a suspect high on my list that went to school with her and lived in Vallejo up until the Z letters stopped,at that point he moved back down to Riverside. He resembles that Lake Berryessa sketch. Thats all well and good, but he was quite stocky, and barrel chested, and on the wrestling team, so I do not think he would have had a very hard time with Cheri. but another weak, or thin male student likely would have had a hard time with her. Also, the age of a 17 or 18 year old attacking Cheri seems spot on. Remember, Hartnell stated that Z sounded like a "student" in his 20's, and Officer Slaight stated he sounded "in his early 20's".
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:10 am

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the the size of the fight in the dog.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:51 am

traveller1st wrote:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the the size of the fight in the dog.

Absolutely!

I'd also like to add that many guys at very young ages look like they could be line-backers!
Back to top Go down
onewhoknows
Chief
onewhoknows

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:59 am

Some smaller compact men can exhibit extrordinary strength, especially if they're Irish.
Excellent points Morf, it's always helpful when you stick to eye and ear witnesses. Yes
Zodiac was reported as looking and sounding younger. Could a teen-ager kill Cheri Jo?
Yes. Do teen-agers kill people? Yes. Is it possible, ask yourself.
I sure do hope that DNA from Lake Berryessa is discovered, if not, we will have the
most skilled killer of the 20th century on our hands, forever a mystery.
Back to top Go down
duckking2001
Lieuntenant
duckking2001

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:41 am

sure, teenagers kill people but teenagers have a smaller social circle and geographic spread than adults. They are limited to their school and neighborhood for the most part, and that is usually where their victims are.

Since CJB was in college, that is why I doubt that her attacker was someone younger. It seems more likely to be someone in her own peer group or older.

Also teenagers will be inexperienced and immature so they will choose an easy victim and less personal style of attack. The fact that you go from a personal savage attack on CJB to Zodiac's detached blitz shooting in Vallejo always struck me as weird. It's usually escalation in violence, not deescalation. That not only makes me doubt CJB for Z, but also doesn't seem like a younger offender going on to be a killer for years more.

Of course I don't really know what I'm talking about. These are just generalizations based on cases that I've read about and my own reasoning.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 7:06 am

duckking2001 wrote:
sure, teenagers kill people but teenagers have a smaller social circle and geographic spread than adults. They are limited to their school and neighborhood for the most part, and that is usually where their victims are.

Since CJB was in college, that is why I doubt that her attacker was someone younger. It seems more likely to be someone in her own peer group or older.

Also teenagers will be inexperienced and immature so they will choose an easy victim and less personal style of attack. The fact that you go from a personal savage attack on CJB to Zodiac's detached blitz shooting in Vallejo always struck me as weird. It's usually escalation in violence, not deescalation. That not only makes me doubt CJB for Z, but also doesn't seem like a younger offender going on to be a killer for years more.

Of course I don't really know what I'm talking about. These are just generalizations based on cases that I've read about and my own reasoning.

Duck, I agree about Cheri's killer being in her peer/age group,just look at the evidence.

*She went off with him and hung out with him in a secluded dark area. She likely knew him enough to think he was no threat.

*If you believe Sherwood Morrill,Zodiac was the author of the desktop poem at RCC. That shows he was in that college. Assuming he was not a stray person trhat wandered in or a faculty member, who does that leave? Students.

But again, this is straying off topic, so lets keep it focused on Hirschfield. By the way, I did speak with Napa about him, and they did mention that his M.O. involving rape did not fit Zodiac, which I agreed with. They did say that if there is evidence on file for him, they can take a look at it which should be pretty easy to rule him out.
Back to top Go down
Dreamnine
Lieuntenant
Dreamnine

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:17 am

The sweetheart murders remind me of Gerald and Charlene Gallego, who were active in Sacramento at the same time.. and were arrested 12/80, I think, in Nevada... which just goes to show, I guess, how populous California is, and how many killers were around at that time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_and_Charlene_Gallego

A bit off-topic, but Gallego was also in San Francisco in 1969.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:29 am

Dreamnine, friends of the Gallegos were originally thought to have committed the Davis Sweetheart Murders. The Gallegos were in jail when the Davis murders happened so it was theorized by LE that these friends did the murders to cast doubt that the Gallegos committed the murders they were jailed for having committed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
Dreamnine
Lieuntenant
Dreamnine

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:33 am

Yes, thanks, Seagull for clearing that up...I thought they had just been arrested by then.

I read an interesting book not long ago, the Sex-Slave Murders, which was informative and not as lurid as its title.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Richard J Hirschfield
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: