Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Richard J Hirschfield

Go down 
+9
traveller1st
duckking2001
bentley
Theforeigner
Seagull
AK Wilks
patinky
Quagmire
morf13
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Richard J Hirschfield Empty
PostSubject: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Richard J Hirschfield

I dont know alot about this guy as far as being a Z suspect ,but perhaps people here know more about him. I found him interesting after watching a 48 Hours Documentary

* Initials R.H. (Bates case desktop)

*Found a 1988 listing for him(or someone with same name) in Eureka CA (Possible Eureka card from Z)
Richard J Hirschfield
Address: 1821 Buhne St # 48, Eureka, CA, 95501-3103 (1988)

On December 20, 1980 (12 years to the day after the LHR murders), this guy attacked and killed a couple in the Davis CA area near Sacramento. They had seen a Christmas show that night (like Faraday & Jensen)The couple was Sabrina Gonsalves & John Riggins. The killer attacked them and tied them up from what I understand and then slit their throats. There was a sign of possible sex attack, which was not like the Zodiac.

In the show, two sisters, previous victims of Richard J Hirschfield, siad that the ywere attacked by him, and that he had brought a knife & rope to the crime scene (like Zodiac at Berryessa)

The oldest photo they showed on tv was in the mid to late 1970's. This guy had a beard and moustache and was heavy or stocky. He went to jail in 1975 for his attack on the two sisters.

Again, I dont know if he is a viable Z suspect, just his initials, the date of his attack, and the fact he may have lived in Eureka, all caught my attention. Here are a couple links:

http://www.davisenterprise.com/local-news/crime-fire-courts/riggins-gonsalves-families-push-for-january-trial-in-1980-murder-case/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/26/48hours/main2401039.shtml

Any possibilities this guy had previously been in Riverside area?
Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Interesting Morf. Problems I see are that he would have only been 20 at the time of the Z murders, there's no receding hairline/widows peak and he does seem to be a rapist. Still worth looking into though.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:27 pm

Quagmire wrote:
Interesting Morf. Problems I see are that he would have only been 20 at the time of the Z murders, there's no receding hairline/widows peak and he does seem to be a rapist. Still worth looking into though.

I didnt plan to spend much time on this guy, just wanted to know if any of our members in that area know about him.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:22 am

Just sorting thru some old stuff. I found out that this guy has relatives that lived in Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek,and San Mateo(and possibly NAPA). Pleasant Hill is 20 minutes from Vallejo. In 1980, this guy got a divorce in Colusa County, about an hour from Vallejo. And best of all, in 1978, he got married in Solano County Shocked Also,in 1970, he lived in San fran (although not close to the Stine scene)
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:53 am

I can make this guy even more interesting....what if i told you his Brother was born in 1955 in RIVERSIDE!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:07 am

What puts me off about this guy is that he appears to be a rapist and child molestor. Having said that, there's every chance that Z publicised certain crimes and kept other ones quiet (LE might have believed this otherwise they wouldn't have kept going after Allen).

I've tried finding pictures of this guy when he was younger but haven't been successful. Are there any out there? Also, is there any way of finding out his height, etc?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:33 am

I struck out with yearbook pics too. But he does have a large round face, no glasses. (Actually I did find a pic of him with dark shades of some sort on). I will keep looking. I was about to delete this thread and pulled some info on him and saw the connections.

1955 until? His Family is in Riverside
1970-he is living in SF
1978-he is getting married in Solano County
1990-he is living in Eureka where the Eureka card is mailed from.

This is all very interesting.
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:30 pm

Here you go Quagmire:

www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/03/26/...ao...
Mar 26, 2006 – In the late 1960s, Northern California was intermittently terrorized by the Zodiac .... In December 1980, Hirschfield, who is 6 feet tall, was 31 and stocky.

If the above link doesn't work, here's the Google link:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=17&ved=0CO0CEBYwEA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sfgate.com%2Fcgi-bin%2Farticle.cgi%3Ff%3D%2Fc%2Fa%2F2006%2F03%2F26%2FCMGIGHHEBJ1.DTL%26ao%3Dall&ei=duSzT9PLMIOe2gXtqbDpCA&usg=AFQjCNHHh2fXI0ItIP9aKSkw0j6xWdpFkg
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:08 pm

Quagmire wrote:
What puts me off about this guy is that he appears to be a rapist and child molestor. Having said that, there's every chance that Z publicised certain crimes and kept other ones quiet (LE might have believed this otherwise they wouldn't have kept going after Allen).

Was there actually a rape in this case??? They found Hirschfield's semen on a blanket. I dont recall them finding any on the female victim herself. I could be wrong,and will go back and read some of the articles again.

EDIT: "Riggins was beaten and Gonsalves was raped, though Gonsalves' rape was not confirmed until DNA forensics became common investigative tools years after the brutal murders"
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:30 pm

Wow, I never knew anybody else even had a passing thought that this crime had a possible Zodiac connection...

"Another chilling possibility that John's mother Kate Riggins wondered about for more than 20 years was that John and Sabrina were murdered by one of the most notorious and enigmatic killers in California history: the Zodiac. In the late 1960s, Northern California was intermittently terrorized by the Zodiac, a serial killer linked to at least six slayings, though in boastful letters to newspapers he claimed he killed as many as 37 people. The letters contained elaborate codes and threats of many more killings to come. The last letter known to definitely be from the Zodiac was sent to the San Francisco Chronicle in 1974. In December 1981, around the one-year anniversary of John and Sabrina's deaths, the Rigginses received a letter with no return address. Thinking it was a cheerful holiday missive, John's sister Carrie Riggins opened it, only to recoil in horror at what it showed: Newspaper pictures of John and Sabrina had been pasted onto the letter, their names from the captions pasted over their throats. "I killed John & Sabrina," the typewritten letter reads. "Now I'm going to kill D.P. Pigs. Catch me if you can."
The letter also includes a code that was never deciphered: "D.W.
A.R.E.P.J.A.S.W."
Authorities have analyzed the letter and stamp for fingerprints, but reportedly found nothing. Most think it a cruel hoax. Kate Riggins still wonders about it. She now doubts it is from the Zodiac but still believes it may have a role in the slayings
."

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:38 pm

"Hirschfield, in fact, seems a close match to the FBI profile done on the case in 1983; more so than David Hunt, anyway. Said to be highly intelligent if a bit odd, Hirschfield is described by Sacramento Homicide Bureau Supervisor Craig Hill as "Unabomber smart."

Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:14 pm

WARPED JAWS or WRAPED JAWS...I am trying to give up on anagrams but couldnt resist the message.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:14 pm

I'm not thinking anagrams AK but that maybe the letters stand for words.

D W A R E P J A S W

Down With All Real Estate People Jews And Social Workers.... or some such thing.

I saw a TV show about these murders with pictures of Hirschfield and his brother. Might have been on TruTV. I did not know Zodiac was ever connected to these murders.
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:30 am

Seagull wrote:
I'm not thinking anagrams AK but that maybe the letters stand for words.

D W A R E P J A S W

Down With All Real Estate People Jews And Social Workers.... or some such thing.

I saw a TV show about these murders with pictures of Hirschfield and his brother. Might have been on TruTV. I did not know Zodiac was ever connected to these murders.

I didnt know that the victim's Mom received a letter close to the one year anniversary of the murder. Although it was typed, I would love to see the envelope, and to know where it was postmarked from.

By the way, Hirschfield had a Brother born in Riverside in 1952, a sister there born in 1953, and another Brother born there in 1955. His last Brother was born in Colusa in 1958, so its safe to say they moved from Riverside by the time the Bates case happened, but perhaps they had remaining Family there? There WERE Hirschfields in Riverside after they moved. It may be total coincidence, like we have seen so many times in the Z case, but this guy's timeline when compred to Zodiac is pretty scary...

1966-67 Bates murder & letters-although the Family seems to have moved from Riverside a few years before this, perhaps he had Family back there in Riverside he could visit?

1970- Hirschfield lives in San Fran, where Paul Stine was murdered the year before

1978- Hirschfield gets married in Solano County where the Zodiac murders happened

1990- The Eureka card, possibly from Z, is mailed from Eureka. This guy is living in Eureka at the time.

Add to the fact that one of this man's victim's mother got a taunting letter in the mail at around the one year anniversary of the murder which included a little 'code' of some sort, and the writer said they were going to kill 'pigs' (cops), it just seems even more interesting.

I am working on gathering things like a photo of Hirschfield from around 1968-1975, also, I am working on his exact whereabouts during that time, and the times of the lack of letters from Zodiac. I know that in the mid to late 70's, he was in prison..

Seagull, I can not seem to find his Mom or Dad's names, only his siblings. Can you help? Her maiden name is GOMES.
Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:34 am

morf13 wrote:
I didnt know that the victim's Mom received a letter close to the one year anniversary of the murder. Although it was typed, I would love to see the envelope, and to know where it was postmarked from.

Interesting to note that this murder and the taunting anniversary letter occurred on December 20th!
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:44 am

The date of Dec 20 for the murder and also close to Dec 20 for the letter, is indeed Interesting.
Also the possible likeness of anniverseries.
Allso the fact it was a murder of a young cupple.
But the fact that he was apparently also a rapist and a child molester + that he does not have a widows peak, nor glasses point away from this guy as a Z suspect.
It would be great to find out his hight.
But who knows?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:51 am

Theforeigner wrote:

The date of Dec 20 for the murder and also close to Dec 20 for the letter, is indeed Interesting.
Also the possible likeness of anniverseries.
Allso the fact it was a murder of a young cupple.
But the fact that he was apparently also a rapist and a child molester + that he does not have a widows peak, nor glasses point away from this guy as a Z suspect.
It would be great to find out his hight.
But who knows?

I think he was about 6ft and described as stocky. I want to see pics of him from the 68-71 era to see what he looked like back then. The fact he was a child molestor doesnt mean he couldnt have been Z,heck, ALA was the most famous of all z suspects and he was a child molestor.

This guy being a Zodiac is a longshot,and I dont have any special connection to this guy as a favorite suspect or anything, but the stuff sort of connects to the Zodiac timeline,and the Family background in Riverside is interesting. This guy simply seems like an easy enough suspect to rule out since they have prints & DNA for him
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:19 am

In December 1980, Hirschfield, who is 6 feet tall, was 31 and stocky. A prison mugshot taken that year shows he had shaggy hair parted down the middle. He wore an Army-style jacket both at the Mountain View rape and when he was arrested in Sunnyvale.

From the SF Gate article in Morfs earlier post.
Back to top Go down
duckking2001
Lieuntenant
duckking2001

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:24 am

This is one of the most interesting guys I've seen in a long time.

I'd like to know some details about his child molestation charge and the other attacks. In particular the victims ages and his MO.

A pedophile killer will typically only target children. This guy attacked an adult couple, not typical for the former type. From what I've seen a killer or serial sexual offender that attacks both adults and children is a different type, which sounds more like this guy. For them the age of the victim is not relevant and even if it is children, they aren't the generally same the type as the pedophile killer.

I'm saying this because if he was the first type I'd pretty much dismiss him immediately for Zodiac. I'm pretty doubtful about the sexual aspect at all for Z, but if it was the second type I'd consider it possible.

Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:28 am

There's always the chance of course that if someone is a serial rapist/killer growing up in California in the 50's or 60's that the Zodiac would have been some kind of legend and role model. Wouldn't surprise me if that's where he got the idea for the dates and anniversary taunt with a coded clue...
Back to top Go down
duckking2001
Lieuntenant
duckking2001

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:42 am

It's interesting to me that he was in Sacremento in 1980 because of the EAR/ONS, the Hikari/Hilburn beatings and the Zodiac letters from there.

Not saying that he was any of these, but there's another Z connection there.
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:50 am

sorry, wrong thread... Arrow

Last edited by bentley on Thu May 17, 2012 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:51 am

duckking2001 wrote:
It's interesting to me that he was in Sacremento in 1980 because of the EAR/ONS, the Hikari/Hilburn beatings and the Zodiac letters from there.

Not saying that he was any of these, but there's another Z connection there.

The girls he raped were sisters (if I remember correctly),and it was via a home invasion if I am not mistaken, which WOULD be like EAR ONS. He brought rope with him I think. I am trying to find out if it was plastic clothesline,and if it was pre-cut.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:21 am

Here is the documentary about the murders:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0SCzIquCSs
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield EmptyThu May 17, 2012 12:41 pm

At 9:25 into this video there is a mugshot of Richard J Hirschfield from 1975:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6zAoridW0o

48 hours mystery - The Sweetheart Murders Part 3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield Empty

Back to top Go down

Richard J Hirschfield
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: