Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards Empty
PostSubject: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:44 pm

I'm not saying he is Zodiac but his voice to me is similar to Richard Gaikowski's whom Nancy Stover said "was the voice". Ed Edward's is from Ohio where they say there is no accent but a drawl. Tom Voigt didn't agree and said he sounds like a yahoo... but I detect no accent only a drawl. Listen to him speak and than go to Tom's site and listen to Gaik. Gaik's is similar though a tad lower. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoU9MvdqVfo&feature=related

Last edited by Kevin B on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:46 pm

I think both Edwards and Gaikowski speak as "Midwesterners" do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Something big I feel it!   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:08 pm

AK Wilks wrote:

Thanks chief for listening! It's a slow measured way of speaking with a slight drawl isn't it? I find it very interesting that he mentions "Slaves for the after life" in his book although he atributes it to another inmate. It is also interesting that Wikipedia mentions under the Montana Prison Riot story that the inmates threatened the hostages with ' by knife, rope or gun'.... Edwards of course was there! There is something big here..... You made a profound statement when you said, "Edwards & Gaik speak as Midwesterneers do"... Zodiac must have been from the midwest..... What do ya think?
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:13 pm

Well, I encourage every research effort, because you never know, but I think another midwesterner, Ted Kaczynski from Illinois, was likely the Zodiac.

Edwards is interesting, but I understand he was in prison at the time of the Bates murder and letters? if so, IMO, it is very doubtful he could be Zodiac.
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:20 pm

AK: You think that TK was Zodiac? I didn't know that Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:27 pm

rand wrote:
AK: You think that TK was Zodiac? I didn't know that Crying or Very sad

Yes, shocking, isn't it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:55 pm

Kevin B wrote:
I'm not saying he is Zodiac but his voice to me is similar to Richard Gaikowski's whom Nancy Stover said "was the voice". Ed Edward's is from Ohio where they say there is no accent but a drawl. Tom Voigt didn't agree and said he sounds like a yahoo... but I detect no accent only a drawl. Listen to him speak and than go to Tom's site and listen to Gaik. Gaik's is similar though a tad lower. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoU9MvdqVfo&feature=related

Bumping this thread up as Kevin B. was nice enough to post the You Tube for us to listen to & ponder.

So back to Edward W. Edwards guys.... this thread is on him :-) & if we think HIS Voice sounds like a drawl.
Right now this Edward W. Edwards is a hot topic that we all want to know more about. This way down the road
we can rule him in our our as a possible Z suspect. We can't do that on any POI w/o fully discussing them!
Mucho Thanks!*
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Yes Edwards should be discussed seriously and he is a killer. i detect no drawl in his speech and i thought that is what zodiac voice witnesses said no drawl no accent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:21 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
Yes Edwards should be discussed seriously and he is a killer. i detect no drawl in his speech and i thought that is what zodiac voice witnesses said no drawl no accent.

Actually Bryan Hartnell did say he detected a slight drawl but no accent. He said he'd heard it somewhere before it was like a student..... Whatever that means, maybe young? i'll find the quote if ya want...

thanks KB
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:26 pm

Kevin B wrote:
AK Wilks wrote:

Actually Bryan Hartnell did say he detected a slight drawl but no accent. He said he'd heard it somewhere before it was like a student..... Whatever that means, maybe young? i'll find the quote if ya want...

thanks KB

Thanks Kevin B. and yeah please find it for us! Smile Thanks..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Page 23 and 24 of the police report.   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:44 pm

Page 23 and 24 of the police report talks of the drawl (Zodiac.com) Zodiac the directors cut has an interview with Hartnell as well. There is also an interview on youtube when Bryan was in the hospital. the drawl I speak of is an extension of words like when Gaikowski says coeds "coooooeds" it's a long drawl and Edwards does that too.... Close your eyes and listen... I'm not saying he is zodiac but I think there is a Deer Lodge and a midwestern connection... Maybe Ted? Also in Hartnells interview from the hospital he speaks of a drawl.... not a southern drawl he says....
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:58 am

I believe "cadence" was another word Bryan used.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:22 am

I remember watching an Unsolved Mysteries segment back in the 1990s about the connection between Zodiac and the Unabomber (Ted Kaczynski). Someone mentioned that Zodiac sounded like a college student. I'm not sure what a typical college student sounds like but that's what I remember. My memory is awfully bad these days
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:41 am

Bryan was under the impression his attacker wasn't an educated man. Could have been faked I guess. I think the "student" comment may have been more directed at his age. And the phone call to Slaight--Slaight too states it sounded like a young man in his early twenties.

Also, Bryan didn't state it was a drawl or an accent, just a way of speaking that he couldn't describe. Wasn't throaty or high pitched, but in-between.

http://www.zodiackiller.com/HartnellInterview8.html
zk.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: police report   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:27 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
Bryan was under the impression his attacker wasn't an educated man. Could have been faked I guess. I think the "student" comment may have been more directed at his age. And the phone call to Slaight--Slaight too states it sounded like a young man in his early twenties.

Also, Bryan didn't state it was a drawl or an accent, just a way of speaking that he couldn't describe. Wasn't throaty or high pitched, but in-between.

http://www.zodiackiller.com/HartnellInterview8.html

zk.com

Look at the police report he also says drawl.... page 23-24. In the Directors Cut Zodiac film he says 'cadence' which as you know is a certain flow with a drop off... It is also interesting to note that Tom Voigt says he thought Ed Edwards sounds like a yahoo and Gaik sounds more flamboyant and theatrical.

It is, as you know an Ohio drawl that Edwards has. It is said that people from Ohio have no accent but do have that drawl and cadence that Gaik and Edward's share. Remember, when Richard Gaik says coeds.... He says it coooeds... That's cadence the drop off of the sound and the length.

However, remember it was Bryan Hartnell who spoke with Zodiac longer than anyone else. He did not say Zodiac sounded flamboyant or classy or theatrical for that matter; he came off to Bryan as low-class sloppy, over-weight and uneducated at first. What say you friend? I'm not saying this is our man but I think we could be making some head-way on where this guy grew up. Another thing is this: Edwards grew up with a very hard early life. That is what shapes people the first 3 years. Some people can slide through abuse and neglect unharmed and others it can turn into monsters...
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:05 pm

My problem has always been the Napa phone call vs. the Vallejo phone call.

If Nancy says her caller sounded "mature" and like Gaikowski, to me there is just no way he would have sounded like a young man in his early twenties to Slaight and Hartnell. Same would go for Edwards. Of course the voice could have been disguised when he called Vallejo, but I doubt it.

So, was one not Zodiac? What accounts for the discrepancy?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:08 pm

The voice ID is a very unreliable method, especially from 40 years ago.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:21 pm

morf13 wrote:
The voice ID is a very unreliable method, especially from 40 years ago.

While I do agree with that statement, the reports of the time are still the same. Mature vs. young.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:15 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
.....Of course the voice could have been disguised when he called Vallejo, but I doubt it.
Easier for a young guy to put on an older voice, I think, than a mature guy trying to sound young. Otherwise LB was a different guy, like you suspect. I have real trouble buying that, considering that Z has only been famous for 7 weeks or so by the time of LB. So, unless it was a team-game, I'd go with the younger, under-30's Zodiac if we are to put stock in the voice-print (which I think we should, as Hartnell spent forever talking with the guy). i.e. a Z still young enough to hold a burning resentment/hatred of "Lovers Lane" couples.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:55 am

Kevin B wrote:
AK Wilks wrote:

Thanks chief for listening! It's a slow measured way of speaking with a slight drawl isn't it? I find it very interesting that he mentions "Slaves for the after life" in his book although he atributes it to another inmate. It is also interesting that Wikipedia mentions under the Montana Prison Riot story that the inmates threatened the hostages with ' by knife, rope or gun'.... Edwards of course was there! There is something big here..... You made a profound statement when you said, "Edwards & Gaik speak as Midwesterneers do"... Zodiac must have been from the west or midwest..... What do ya think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards   Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards Empty

Back to top Go down

Listen to the voice of Ed Edwards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: