Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok

Go down 
+12
StitchMallone
Luke68
Jem
Seagull
Theforeigner
Quagmire
Azazel
Zamantha
tracers
rand
tahoe27
morf13
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage

The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:33 pm

These newsletters from the prison are very interesting. Dryman actually
started the publication. I think they really give us a better idea of
prison life at Deer Lodge in the 1960s.
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=deer%20lodge%20prison%20news&page=3
Back to top Go down
tracers
Chief
tracers

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:46 pm

I really enjoy looking at those too! Just wish they were a little easier on my eyes! But I think the inmates did a really good job given the time period and their limited resources. Obviously there were a number of very intelligent inmates working on these.
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 3:52 pm

caresut wrote:

Thanks Caresut, for this link! And I'm really happy you are not banned :-)

Zincerely, Zam*
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:54 pm

caresut wrote:

These links are awesome!!

The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 FrankDryman66 Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
tracers
Chief
tracers

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:33 pm

I blew up the Akronite article and then went over the numbers with a magnifying glass. it does say "about 18 years," WWIW.
Back to top Go down
Cremcraw
Police Officer

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Skimming through the archives issue by issue, looking for anything potentially Z-related. Of minor interest is a quote from the Mikado on page 7 of the Nov. 1964 issue.

There was an almost mocking missive to a "citizen" in one of the earlier 1964 issues, but it was otherwise really nothing very Z-like in feel.

Very interesting that Dryman was an editor and contributor, though I see him more as (possibly) a potential peer rather than a co-conspirator or Z himself. According to the Apr. 1967 issue (p. 31), Dryman was the first Editor-in-chief on the M.P. News.

Bujok makes his first appearance twice in the Jan-Feb 1965 issue. First on page 26:he makes it on the blood donor honor roll, with eight stars after his name. Some names have only a few stars, or none at all, so he must not have been shy of the needle!

On page 59 of the PDF of the same issue (p. 5 of a Mt. Powell Gavel society insert), he is listed as a new member of Toastmasters. If I recall correctly, Mike Rodelli's suspect is also a member of Toastmasters. Zynchronicity!

The August-September 1965 issue notes (p. 55) that Bujok has been elected as the Administrative Vice-President of the Mt. Powell Gavel Club. The very next issue (Oct-Nov 1965) notes on p. 52 that Bujok resigned from office, and a replacement was elected.

That Oct-Nov 1965 issue also gave me a shock when I saw one page with a line of Greek symbols and, further down the page, another line with astrological symbols. It appears to have been used as a decorative break between stories, but I couldn't help but recall Zodiac's ciphers.

Bujok was later elected president (Feb. 1967, p. 43) of the Rothe Hall Brotherhood Unit, a religious group.

Last edited by Cremcraw on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:44 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : adding more info)
Back to top Go down
Luke68
Lieuntenant
Luke68

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:34 pm

Does anyone have any alternate values for the variables in the unsolved 18 from the 408 cipher?

I'm probably just being lazy and I'm not a cryptographer.

This is what I'm working on... Could it be that the 18 was a second level cipher?

The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 1810
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:11 pm

Does anybody have the list of all of the prisoners that participated in the Deer Lodge riot? I know we had discussed it here someplace,and I recall posting a couple articles with the names of the rioters,but I cant seem to find it. Any help is appreciated,thanks
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 2:48 pm

morf13 wrote:
Does anybody have the list of all of the prisoners that participated in the Deer Lodge riot? I know we had discussed it here someplace,and I recall posting a couple articles with the names of the rioters,but I cant seem to find it. Any help is appreciated,thanks

Found it!

I was thinking today..what if Z really DID tell Hartnell e truth about escaping from Deer Lodge? Of course, the rioters didnt actually escape,but what if Z was talking about the actual riot itself. I wanted to post the list of prisoners that were charged in connection to the actual riot,and then cross reference them to see if they ever wound up in the Vallejo area.

These were the names of prisoners I found that were going to be charged in the riot:
James E. Hubbard
James R. Randall
Mike Maciel
Jerry L. Walker
Jesse Deweese
Donald H. Toms
George E. Alton

So far, the only promising one I found is JESSE DEWEESE. There was a Jesse Deweese that died in Eureka CA. I will take a closer look, Has anybody already done this?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 9:51 pm

morf13 wrote:
morf13 wrote:

Found it!

I was thinking today..what if Z really DID tell Hartnell e truth about escaping from Deer Lodge? Of course, the rioters didnt actually escape,but what if Z was talking about the actual riot itself. I wanted to post the list of prisoners that were charged in connection to the actual riot,and then cross reference them to see if they ever wound up in the Vallejo area.

These were the names of prisoners I found that were going to be charged in the riot:
James E. Hubbard
James R. Randall
Mike Maciel
Jerry L. Walker
Jesse Deweese
Donald H. Toms
George E. Alton

So far, the only promising one I found is JESSE DEWEESE. There was a Jesse Deweese that died in Eureka CA. I will take a closer look, Has anybody already done this?

Cross this guy off the list...seemed promising.

Jesse Deweese - prisoner #11775

6/1957 entered Montana State Prison

12/1971 – paroled

4/75 – Parole Violation

6/77 – Paroled again

5/95 - Deceased-Eureka CA

Couldnt have been Z....no ifs ands or buts....however, would love to see a full listing of ALL the prisoners at Deer Lodge, and which ones were part of the riot, or simply there during the riot, to cross-reference them to see if they lived in northern CA during Z murders.

Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:52 pm

Here ya go Morf, checked around for you....
I can think of another right offhand: Carl Frodsham. However, last I knew, he was still in prison. (went on parole briefly many years ago and raped a paper boy.) Somewhere in my research I have a list of all the charged men. I think this list comes close. Remember, the real bad boys, Jerry Myles and Lee Smart, died in a murder suicide at the end. (Myles shot Smart and then himself.) The county attorney who prosecuted these men told me years ago that he could have charged many others except he just didn't have the resources, so he concentrated on the worst. I suspect this approach would be common with most criminal prosecutions, especially back then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:50 pm

Donald H. Toms committed suicide on 12/26/1990.
Not sure when he got out but had an additional 53 years
added to his prison term after the riot. Interesting that he
was only given a 5 year term originally in 1957.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 10:52 pm

Anyone who has a subscription to newspaperarchives.com, I recommend you do a search
for Mike Maciel in Montana. He was into all kinds of shenanigans before and after he went to prison.
He got another 10 years added due to the riot but seems to have gotten out in 1963.
He is of Mexican descent as a few of the articles point this out. Guess that rules him out?
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Not if you're Sandy Betts! Smile

I was really hoping for Jesse Deweese, he was clearly suffering from alternate vowel deficiency.

No offense to Sandy.... I believe her poi is a Hernandez
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:34 am

Not sure if this has been posted here or not. An article from November
6, 1963. It lists some more prisoners who escaped and also Jerry L.
Walker and 3 other inmates who beat a guard. Might be worth looking
into these fellas if they haven't been checked out.
The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 Jerrywalker1963
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok   The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "Deer Lodge Gang" Edwards/Dryman/Bujok
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12