Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opinions please

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Opinions please   Opinions please EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Wasnt sure where I should post this, so I will post it here. Not saying it is a Z letter, but just want some opinions regarding the letter, anything that looks Z like? Anything that doesnt?

Opinions please Envelo10

The lower case a in the word Ave, looked familar from a Z letter, anyone know which one I am thinking of? Also, the number 2 & 9 looks like Z, And obviously, the double postage.

There is a good video here, that breaks down or profiles, the letter:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26757562/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/justice-halted-murdered-prosecutor/
The profiler thinks that the writer in possibly, pretty old, and well versed in writing, especially after the 2:00 mark. He points out many words & phrases used by the author, that indicate he is old.

I dont know if the letter was typed or printed, but here is the text:

"Re: Thomas C Wales
OK, so I was broke and between jobs I got an anonymous call offering $xxxx to shoot the guy, so I drove to Seattle to do the job. I did not even know his name. Just got laid off from a job. Nice talking lady, I didn’t know her name, she called me, talked to me by name, and asked if I needed some money. I agreed to pursue the matter, hell, I was going bankrupt.
Go to Seattle, heck I lived there once, no big deal. Hang out in this guy’s backyard, she even gave me the address. Stop off at a place, pick up our gun, and drop it off at a specified location when you are done. THEN, you will be directed to where your money is. The wife was out of town, I had no witnesses here, I was curious about who knew me so well. I used cash to pay for all my expenses to avoid an audit trail. No cell phone. I was directed to a place to pick up the gun, they wanted me to use, and an address. The gun was there.
I drove to the address, and then parked some distance away, north of downtown. I kind of camped out in the backyard of this house, and waited for the guy to settle in at his computer. Once he was there, I took careful aim. I shot two or possibly more times, and watched him collapse. I absurdly waited a few minutes and then left. I was sure he was dead. Retracing my steps, I dropped off the gun, found my money, and returned to Vegas. I feel bad about it, but I needed the money, and there were no witnesses. I really don’t know who fronted the money, but the $xxxx was there, and I sure needed it.
(A portion of the letter has been omitted to ensure investigative integrity.)"

FBI thoughts on the letter:
"”The letter—which begins, “OK, so I was broke and between jobs…”—was analyzed by profilers in the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia. The letter contains some factual inconsistencies and unrealistic claims. The letter does not contain any details that have not already been released to the public. Nevertheless, the profilers believe the letter’s author could be connected to the murder.
Investigators believe the return address name “Gidget” may be a term the writer has used in other contexts, in the past and present. “Gidget” was the title of a movie and television show in the 1960s. The return address on the envelope is a commercial address in Las Vegas with no apparent connection to the crime
."

In the video in which the profiler is speaking of the letter, he mentions that the writer may have likely heard about the case, or saw it on the news, and decided to write a letter, even though he had nothing to do with the crime, sort of like Z.

I am asking for thoughts about this letter, because I know of at least one person involved in the Zodiac case, that lived very close to the return address on this envelope.

Back to top Go down

Opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please   Opinions please EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:45 am

A few immediate differences in handwriting...

In general, the right half of Z's "w" is lower than the left - this is just the opposite. Z's "8" is formed (on top) from right to left - again, just the opposite on this envelope. The "9" on the envelope have larger loops than Z usually formed. "S" also seems a little different. More differences than similarities.

-tbz
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please   Opinions please EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:36 am

thebigZ wrote:
A few immediate differences in handwriting...

In general, the right half of Z's "w" is lower than the left - this is just the opposite. Z's "8" is formed (on top) from right to left - again, just the opposite on this envelope. The "9" on the envelope have larger loops than Z usually formed. "S" also seems a little different. More differences than similarities.

-tbz

Thanks! cheers
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
Nachtsider

Opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please   Opinions please EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:08 am

The main message had one or two vague similarities, but the top left block of text totally killed it for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

Opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please   Opinions please EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Not seeing much Z like in either the writing or the content of the message.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

Opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please   Opinions please EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:05 pm

The killing of Wales was discussed at the end of the book Murder By The Stars by Linda Lake. There was also an image of the envelope in the book.

Murder By The Stars is the story of the death of Paula Annas, a young woman from Minneapolis, on a junket to Las Vegas with a group of people. She ended up being murdered in a hotel room by a man named Anthony Surianello who was tried and convicted. He has since died while in a Nevada prison.

The sub title of this book is The Zodiac Killer in Las Vegas. There was very little to connect Annas's murder to the Zodiac nevermind the fact that someone was tried and convicted. This was probably the worst book that billed itself to have a connection to the Zodiac that I've ever read. I did a book report on it at Tom's.

I can't bear to go over the whole thing again No so here is a link to that thread. I was able to find a detective magazine that featured Annas's murder and posted it in that thread. To sum up, I did not see a Zodiac connection nor was I clear as to why the Wales murder and letter etc was even mentioned in the book.

http://zodiackiller.21.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=5678
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
StitchMallone
Chief

Opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please   Opinions please EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:46 pm

I don't see much in the writing either and if anything it's sloppy kinda like the Bates had to die letter.
Back to top Go down

Opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please   Opinions please EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:01 pm

StitchMallone wrote:
I don't see much in the writing either and if anything it's sloppy kinda like the Bates had to die letter.

Looks just like the Bates letter to me. Can someone post the Bates Had to Die letter next to this one and then it would be easy to compare!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opinions please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions please   Opinions please Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions please
Page 1 of 1