Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Equinox 3:33 p.m.

Go down 
+14
zodio
bentley
onewhoknows
Daniel Gillotti
traveller1st
rand
Jem
Theforeigner
Nachtsider
Seagull
StitchMallone
tahoe27
AK Wilks
morf13
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:16 am

This guy is really interesting, and there is some real stuff that lines up with this Equinox letter & him. That being said, he seems like a hippie. In my opinion, I dont think Z was a hippie. But the fact this guy's first name, and middle initial along with his birthdate is on this questioned Zodiac letter is really interesting, and merits more research, in my opinion.

This guy also wrote smething called 'SPACEDREEM'. Found this on the net:" A second tape followed of-feedback over records; then an eighty minute concerto of the Moon Walk mixed into a work called Spacedreem and an hour tape for "
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:34 am

See if this helps

Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 Writin10

I don't actually find the F too compelling on it's own and there's other bits that I don't really fancy. It's more the use of radians in the text. It at least gives us another reference for circles in which this was used.

Regarding Z's writing you can find a lot of similarities in a myriad of peoples handwriting. Check this one out for instance. I actually find this more interesting as it contains more elements that I would look for such as the shape of the lower case a's, the looped lowercase d and it was actually the Z in this that caught my attention first at distance. It was only after a few moments that I spotted the glaring zynchronicity bit of it.

Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 Do_s-a10

Here's the link to the page it's from.

http://www.radicalsoftware.org/volume2nr6/pdf/VOLUME2NR6_0066.pdf
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:35 am

I looked through the 1969-70 combined and 1971 editions of the San Francisco Polk directory and was not able to find a listing for Phillip Gietzen. There were other Gietzen's though. Here is the link for the directories that Caresut has posted at ZK. It's a really good research tool.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=polk%27s%20city%20directory%20san%20francisco

I also looked up the birth record for Gietzen-

Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997 about Phillip Gordon Gietzen
Name: Phillip Gordon Gietzen
Date of Birth: 14 Apr 1941
Birth County: Jefferson
Father's Name: Harry Edward Gietzen
Mother's name: Hope Poteat
Roll Number: 1941_0004
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:50 am

Holy smokes Shocked Did Phil write this?? Check out the crosshair in the word FOCUS!

Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 Philll10
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:53 am

Seagull wrote:
I looked through the 1969-70 combined and 1971 editions of the San Francisco Polk directory and was not able to find a listing for Phillip Gietzen. There were other Gietzen's though. Here is the link for the directories that Caresut has posted at ZK. It's a really good research tool.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=polk%27s%20city%20directory%20san%20francisco

I also looked up the birth record for Gietzen-

Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997 about Phillip Gordon Gietzen
Name: Phillip Gordon Gietzen
Date of Birth: 14 Apr 1941
Birth County: Jefferson
Father's Name: Harry Edward Gietzen
Mother's name: Hope Poteat
Roll Number: 1941_0004

Yeah, I looked too. There were San Fran addresses for him in the 1970's and after
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:01 am

morf13 wrote:
Holy smokes Shocked Did Phil write this?? Check out the crosshair in the word FOCUS!

Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 Philll10

No idea but yeah, that was the glaring bit of zync I was referring to lol.

EDIT: I could mistaken but I think that the symbol is used to represent focus so that's why it's there

Last edited by traveller1st on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:06 am

Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 Movies10
From the 10/23/70 Oakland Tribune

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:14 am

Found on Google-
"In November 1971, a San Francisco theater troupe became the laughingstock of New York. The Cockettes were a ragtag bunch of acid-tripping Bay Area misfits who had started performing less than two years earlier at the Palace Theater in North Beach" They performed Gilbert & Sullivan stuff, and this guy was associated with that theater.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:20 am

traveller1st wrote:
See if this helps

Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 Writin10

I don't actually find the F too compelling on it's own and there's other bits that I don't really fancy. It's more the use of radians in the text. It at least gives us another reference for circles in which this was used.

The letter 'F' in this sample has a weird little tail or hook on the bottom. Compare that to the letter 'F' in a couple other unconfirmed Z letters, they also appear to have similar tails or hooks on the bottom:

Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 Exhib10
Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 Exhib210
Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 Exhib310
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:28 am

Yeah it's probably an annoyingly common thing and certainly something favored for inclusion in hoaxed communications.

The Mikado connection is interesting with his connection to the theater and his bizarrely made up girlfriend with the rhyming name.

EDIT: If I were to analyse these in detail I would look for more interesting and less likely to be disguised traits like the v's for instance. In the letter the v in government has a tail on the end of the righthand upright. The two v's in the article handwriting showing hints of this.

The article handwriting is quite annoying because it is not normal hand-writing. It's a mix of styles. There's different e's, n's, i's etc all within a small sample so it's difficult to confirm which one's are natural and which are not.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:21 am

Based on this guy's writings, words,and interest in the Zodiac/stars/horoscopes,and not to mention his first name, middle initial,and DOB is on the equinox letter,I think it is pretty likely that he wrote that letter....he, or somebody else that wanted people to think that he wrote it,somebody close to him.

I dont have enought writing samples of his to compare to Z,or to the equinox letter,and I dont know if he was ever in Riverside. Want to find out more. Question is, is it a crime to write a fake zodiac letter to police? If so, this guy may have been at least guilty of that.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Gillotti
Chief
Daniel Gillotti

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:51 pm

This is very interesting, nice job. I like the character under the word “steady” looks like the Zodiac Z340 character on its side and the Zodiac O for “Focus”, this is weird, the handwriting is very close.

I always believed the Equinox letter is real and we owe Morph a big thank you for the work he put into this forum and the documents he got from the FBI. I look forward to reading what you dig up on Mr. Gietzen

Daniel…
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:08 pm

Daniel Gillotti wrote:

This is very interesting, nice job. I like the character under the word “steady” looks like the Zodiac Z340 character on its side and the Zodiac O for “Focus”, this is weird, the handwriting is very close.

I always believed the Equinox letter is real and we owe Morph a big thank you for the work he put into this forum and the documents he got from the FBI. I look forward to reading what you dig up on Mr. Gietzen

Daniel…

Thanks we will have to see where it goes. I think it could be real too. I dont know if it was written by this man,but i have no doubt it refers to him based on his name & DOB...not to mention that he was into the zodiac, horoscope,and stars etc. Maybe if he wrote it, he thought police would never find him based on a first name & DOB, or maybe if somebody else wrote it, they wanted police to think Phillip was the Zodiac.Would love to get more of his writing samples and photos as well as determine where exactly he was from 1964-1969.
Back to top Go down
onewhoknows
Chief
onewhoknows

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:41 pm

Very interesting find.....just from having spent hours examining the Zodiac's handwriting of
late, I notice a couple of things about the Equinox letter. The number 2s look alot like Zs
but the number 4s do not. It is in cursive, perhaps you should compare it to the Christmas
card that Donna Lass' sister received. The above letter has many similarites to the Zodiac's
writing, the first capital T jumps out at me, as well as the Ss, the wierd cursive little d with the loop
which he uses in all his printed letters. It appears as though someone has come back and added
the little tails to the letters, much like whhoever wrote the Jon Benet Ramsey.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Here is the 1960 College yearbook photo of Geitzen:
Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 Gitz_b10
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Wow nothing lately about this guy after seeing his pic and looking like a great match to the Z sketch ?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:06 pm

StitchMallone wrote:
Wow nothing lately about this guy after seeing his pic and looking like a great match to the Z sketch ?

I am in touch with at least one person that knew him(didnt know him overly well). He is trying to steer me towards closer people that knew him better. This person says he was NOT a hippie type, and that he knew him circa 1972-1973. He said he had short hair. I agree, he does resemble the sketch.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:18 pm

morf13 wrote:
StitchMallone wrote:

I am in touch with at least one person that knew him(didnt know him overly well). He is trying to steer me towards closer people that knew him better. This person says he was NOT a hippie type, and that he knew him circa 1972-1973. He said he had short hair. I agree, he does resemble the sketch.
Cool and should have known you be on it and great job Morf.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:16 am

Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 Fbi10

Besides the FBI report page seen here, there was one or more pages regarding this letter,does anybody have the other missing page(s)? I think I have them at home but I am not at home right now
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:25 pm

morf13 wrote:
Here is the 1960 College yearbook photo of Geitzen:
Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 Gitz_b10

Here is his 1959 hs yearbook pic:
Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 Geitze10
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:37 pm

It's a bit scary isn't it.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Wish I could find a definite pic of him from 1969. I had a guy that was giving me a little info on Phil, a guy that was in San Fran during the Zodiac murders, and was involved in TV, but he is sketchy and vague, and I am awaiting more details.

I dont want to say that Gietzen/Geitzen ( I have found 2 diff spellings using google searches)was Zodiac, obviously we would need alot more, but I have high confidence he either wrote the equinox letter, or the writer tried to make him look responsible for writing it. Being dead for 12 years does not help me get anymore on this guy. I asked Tracers to look him up in any of the Vallejo directories, and so far, she found no listing for him. I know he was in San Fran, but the couple addresses I have for him are not extremely close to Washington & Cherry.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:37 pm

I am going to spin off a thread for this guy in the SUSPECTS scetion soon. In the mean time, I have been corresponding with somebody that had met Gietzen, and had spent time in San Fran and was very familiar with the Z case, more so then what I expected. Here's what he wrote to me:

"I've been cogitating on your project, and I've come to the conclusion that I only have a few ideas to offer.First, and probably most obvious to you, is the striking resemblance between the photo of Phil you sent to me, and the police composite drawing on the wanted poster. It's not just the face, but the almost identical slants of the eyes and mouth, which got my attention. My collage of the face images are attached to this message.Then, there are the very pronounced characteristics of extreme narcissism and grandiosity in Zodiac's letters. The scrap of writing you have sent bearing the astrological and numerological references also seem very self absorbed, and too extensively so for a simple note to somebody. Astrology and particularly numerology, are forms of encoding, and often relate as well to 'magical thinking.' Zodiac was obviously into magical thinking - 'killing his future slaves' (concepts both narcissistic and grandiose). [My impression from your earlier email was that this note was sent to the newspaper as well. Am I right on this?] There is, though, the great difference in graphology between most of Zodiac's letters and the note you sent. One rather tangential speculation might suggest the possibility of multiple personalities, whose writing styles can be different from one persona to the next. That may not be so far fetched, as even in the letters which have been confirmed, the writing is childish, changes slopes and slants (instability, friendliness/alienation), and changes from caps to upper/lower case. To extreme narcissists other people are not quite 'real,' and are seen mostly as foils for the narcissist's agendas. Narcissists tend strongly toward magical thinking, grandiosity and self promotion. Pronounced narcissistic types frequently have extreme difficulty maintaining relationships, and often can't sustain marriages of being parents - activities which require a certain degree of selflessness. Often they are loners - as I would strongly suspect Zodiac to have been. This could explain the lack of survivors of Phil's death, and the absence of evidence of a marriage or an obituary. These people may be also extremely jealous of those who are capable of coupling and intimacy - Zodiac did at least two 'lover's lane' killings as I understand it.
As well, if I am not mistaken (I'm not an astrologer), some of Zodiac's code symbols appear to be astrological. As I understand it, Zodiac's codes changed continuously, which made them very difficult to crack. I'm reminded, in this connection, of the German 'Enigma machine,' used during WWII, which worked that way. Phil's writings in Video City don't show those narcissistic/grandiose qualities so much, except for the cover, which has always puzzled me. Granted, we were all concerned with 'things cosmic' in those days, to the extent of stretching appropriates as related to content. The edges of everything seemed prone to blurring. The cover is, however, a map of the zodiac. That, and the text that Phil included have nothing whatever to do with video.(which is what the magazine was supposed to be about)Then on page 3 of Video City we find the Video Exchange Directory logo (also attached-the crosshair logo).Finally, I might suggest contacting **** ******* of Video Free America - which you probably already have done. As well, Video City contains a wealth of names of contributors and others who probably had extensive contact with Gietzen, and would, therefore, have better knowledge of his life than those of from NCET. I have attached a collaged .PDF file of those sections of Video City.Let me stress that just about all of this is speculative. Though you may be on to something here, I have no opinion on the relation between Phil and Zodiac. I would prefer that you leave my name and any other identifying information out of your records, as you previously suggested you would. Sorry I can't help more
"

WOW! This guy gave me alot to think about. But most of all he gave me this:

Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 Faces10

"the striking resemblance between the photo of Phil you sent to me, and the police composite drawing on the wanted poster. It's not just the face, but the almost identical slants of the eyes and mouth" This guy is pretty handy with the computer, and you know what, he is not far off.

Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:01 am

Boy he said a mouthful alright. Where did that slanted mouth/droopy left eye description come from anyway? Must have been the Robbins kids but I don't remember it.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:30 am

bentley wrote:
Boy he said a mouthful alright. Where did that slanted mouth/droopy left eye description come from anyway? Must have been the Robbins kids but I don't remember it.

I think he meant when comparing this guy to the Z sketch...maybe he meant teh Z sketch was droopy eyed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Equinox 3:33 p.m. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Equinox 3:33 p.m.
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Unconfirmed Zodiac Letters & Mailings General Discussion-
Jump to: