Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JOSEPH NASO

Go down 
+8
AK Wilks
tahoe27
Seagull
Nachtsider
Quagmire
Ricardo
Zamantha
morf13
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Also, there were two women listed in the Graysmith book as possible Z victims, with double initials:

Antoinette Anstey, vallejo, killed by blunt force trauma, March 1970, found nude.

Doris Derryberry, Yuba, found shot & fully clothed in November, 1973.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:04 pm

morf13 wrote:
Sometimes simple incompetence comes into play. In 1977, an 18-year-old Oakland woman named Roxene Roggasch was murdered and dumped along Sir Francis Drake Boulevard just west of Fairfax. The investigation led police to a prostitute who claimed Roggasch was kidnapped and tortured by their East Bay pimp, then placed in the trunk of his car to be transported to Salinas as a sex slave. The pimp later killed Roggasch, she said.

Police found the suspect's car in Salinas, and fingerprints were visible inside the trunk lid, where someone had evidently tried to claw to freedom. Marin investigators, unwilling to take chances with a local crime lab, shipped the car directly to Sacramento for analysis by the state's experts.

Investigators thought they had the suspect nailed. But the state's lab technicians accidentally brushed the fingerprints off while removing the trunk lid - and they had forgotten to take pictures of the prints beforehand, a breach of rudimentary police procedure, Keaton said.

The case was ruined, and the suspect, smugly demanding the return of his car, was released. Roggasch's murder remains in the unsolved column. Maybe today, they could actually get something from it.

(Bolding mine)

Any truth to this? Anyone able to learn anything about Roxene? I wonder if this person they speak of is Naso? He doesn't come across as a pimp type though. Strange.

I also hope when LE got frustrated because certain things seemed unusable...no DNA, etc. they didn't just toss them out. Hopefully that was a lesson about advancements in science and that you never know what the future holds.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:24 pm

Is there more information about the victims that Naso is being charged with murdering. I wondering about whether or not they were clothed or had any belongings found with them when they were found. Did all the women have a similar look like the same hair color or style, same approximate height and build etc. Apparently victim Roxene Roggasch was a prostitute but what were the occupations of the other women. It seems to me that we know very little about the victims.

Since it's hard for me to believe that Naso would have taken more than a decade off from killing I guess it's possible that the double initials of the women he is being charged for killing might be a coincidence. I think that all aspects of his known murders should be compared to other unsolved murders on the chance he may have had a hand in those murders, too.

Since Naso was a photographer murders that took place near picturesque spots might be looked at a little more closely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:38 pm

They seem to have released almost no information on the victims yet, or MO stuff.

The only thing I remember seeing so far was that one of Naso's alledged victims was found with her feet bound.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:11 pm

I cant find anything in the way of news articles from back then about these victims
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:31 pm

I have found an article with a little more information about the victims. At least there are a few dates here so that some of this stuff can be looked up on micro films at the library. One of the Yuba county victims was a waitress.

http://m.mercurynews.com/sjm/db_101028/contentdetail.htm;jsessionid=533B4137B0F8DD2E7D2251444F744C71?contentguid=ETmNloeP&detailindex=1&pn=0&ps=5&full=true

They also found other evidence that, after scrutiny from forensic investigators at the Contra Costa Sheriff's Office, linked Naso to the death of Roggasch, an 18-year-old Oakland woman whose partially nude body was dumped in heavy brush near Sir Francis Drake Boulevard in Marin County on Jan. 10, 1977.

In 1977, a tipster phoned in the discovery of Roggasch's body on White Hill near Fairfax, clad only in pantyhose and bound at the feet with white cloth. Someone suffocated her, apparently within 24 hours of her body's discovery.

A year later in Contra Costa County, a Highway Patrol officer investigating reports of a cattle shooting found a decomposing nude body dumped Aug. 13, 1978, along Carquinez Scenic Highway, a road between Crockett and Port Costa. The body was later identified as Colon, 22.

Parsons, a 38-year-old waitress, was found dead on Simpson-Dantoni Road on Sept. 19, 1993, according to the Marysville Appeal-Democrat. Another woman in Yuba County, Tofoya, was found in 1994, authorities said.

Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Seagull wrote:
Someone suffocated her, apparently within 24 hours of her body's discovery.[/i]

Question
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Another little tid-bit regarding the disabled son.

Naso spent years quarreling with the Social Security Administration over his son's benefits, records show. In 2004, case workers dropped him as the payee over allegations of abuse and mistreatment.

Naso in turn sued the federal agency in 2005 for slander and defamation, claiming in court documents that case workers wrongly labeled him a kidnapper and provider of drugs and alcohol to his son, who periodically spent time in mental institutions. A judge dismissed the case.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_17826900?source=rss_viewed

There are so many articles out there, it's hard to go through them all to try to put the pieces together.

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:20 pm

WOW, look at these San Fran listings in directories:

San Francisco City Directories, 1968 and 1969-1970:

Naso, Ronald, News-Editor K F R C r2324 Bay street Shocked

Naso, Thomas F (Lorenzina F) (Budget Market) h2324 Bay Street

Are these relatives of NASO?

Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:45 pm

I'm leaning towards no. Thomas F Naso was born in SF Oct. 14, 1915. Joseph Naso's parents came over from Italy to Rochester NY after 1922. Naso had a sister, Anna, who was born in 1922 in Italy according to the 1930 US Census. Not saying there is absolutely no relation but it's probably not a direct relationship.

Naso is not an uncommon Italian name. There were dozens of Naso's in the Bay Area, mostly the South Bay Area going by available records in the '40's and '50's.

KFRC the employer for Ronald Naso was an AM rock and roll radio station. BTW
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Seagull wrote:
I'm leaning towards no. Thomas F Naso was born in SF Oct. 14, 1915. Joseph Naso's parents came over from Italy to Rochester NY after 1922. Naso had a sister, Anna, who was born in 1922 in Italy according to the 1930 US Census. Not saying there is absolutely no relation but it's probably not a direct relationship.

Naso is not an uncommon Italian name. There were dozens of Naso's in the Bay Area, mostly the South Bay Area going by available records in the '40's and '50's.

Thanks for that. That saves me time looking up his employer.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:27 am

Seagull wrote:

This one was a THOMAS F. NASO married to a LORENZIA F. NASO

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Unsolved 1977 Marin killing of Melody M. Masters similar to other Joseph Naso murder cases

"by fire"???

http://marinscope.com/articles/2011/04/20/all/breaking/doc4dae297d9cabe683363281.txt
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:51 pm

http://elcerrito.patch.com/articles/el-cerrito-police-find-no-record-of-77-year-old-man-accused-of-killing-four-women

News reports that they can NOT find an address in El Cerrito for Naso, even though they thought he lived there. I think there are two different EL CERRITO's in CA. Which one did they think he lived in? One of them was in Riverside County.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 11:55 pm

An interesting article about Naso with details I've never read before.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_17920969?nclick_check=1
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 7:01 am

Yes Seagull, finally more details on the victims:

The victims

ROXENE ROGGASCH
Hometown: Ties to Oakland, San Jose
Found: Jan. 11, 1977, along Sir Francis Drake Boulevard near Fairfax in Marin County
Death details: The teenage mother was found clad only in pantyhose and bound at the feet with white cloth. She left home to work with a traveling circus. Investigators pursued leads in her slaying, including one from an Oakland prostitute who said a mutual pimp kidnapped and tortured her. Roggasch's family had no indication that she was involved in prostitution.

CARMEN COLON
Hometown: Ties to Oakland, San Francisco
Found: Aug. 13, 1978, in Contra Costa County on Carquinez Scenic Highway east of Crockett near Port Costa
Death details: California Highway Patrol officer investigating a cattle shooting found Colon's decomposing nude body. Authorities said they believed Colon was killed elsewhere and dumped in the area.

PAMELA PARSONS
Hometown: Linda, Yuba County
Found: Sept. 19, 1993, on Simpson-Dantoni Road in Linda
Death details: The waitress's body was found shortly after a missing persons report was filed. She was estranged from her family and may have been associated with friends involved in drugs. She last lived in Nevada City and is said to have been married a few years before her death.

TRACY TAFOYA
Hometown: Yuba City
Found: Aug. 14, 1994, down the embankment of a levee road in Marysville in Yuba County
Death details: Tafoya's body was found by a newspaper carrier and authorities said it had been there for five days, and might have been thrown from a moving vehicle along Highway 70. She had five children from two marriages and her association with drugs, relatives said, discouraged a thorough investigation of her death.

Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 am

Yet another article about Naso. This one is about recollections from a friend of Naso's youngest son David during the time the family lived in Piedmont. The article says that Naso had an older brother "Toby" who was rather dominant. I did find that Naso had a brother, Anthony, who was 18 years older. I'm thinking that "Toby" might be a misprint for the name Tony. I found that the older brother had lived in San Francisco as far back as 1949.

http://sananselmofairfax.patch.com/articles/a-glimpse-of-accused-serial-killers-life-30-years-ago
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Seagull wrote:
Yet another article about Naso. This one is about recollections from a friend of Naso's youngest son David during the time the family lived in Piedmont. The article says that Naso had an older brother "Toby" who was rather dominant. I did find that Naso had a brother, Anthony, who was 18 years older. I'm thinking that "Toby" might be a misprint for the name Tony. I found that the older brother had lived in San Francisco as far back as 1949.

http://sananselmofairfax.patch.com/articles/a-glimpse-of-accused-serial-killers-life-30-years-ago

Any addresses around Washington & Cherry?
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:30 pm

Seagull wrote:

I'm sure you are right about Toby being Tony Seagull. I wonder if crazy (for lack of a better word) runs in the family?
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:51 pm

Yeah, Tahoe, the B and N are next to each other on the keyboard.

One thing I noticed about the brothers, Anthony and Joseph, is that they lived near eachother in the Bay Area and in the Yuba City area. With the 18 year difference in age I bet that Anthony was more of a father figure than a brother to Joseph. Anthony did end up moving down to Bishop in Inyo County and as far as I know Joseph did not follow him there. But I sure wouldn't rule out Joseph having committed any crimes near there as the brothers probably visited from time to time.

Here is Anthony Naso's CA death record, he was born in Italy as was a sister, Anna, who was about 12 years older than Joseph.

California Death Index, 1940-1997
about Anthony Onifero Naso
Name: Anthony Onifero Naso
Social Security #: 064141539
Sex: Male
Birth Date: 20 Mar 1916
Birthplace: Other Country
Death Date: 7 Oct 1996
Death Place: Inyo
Mother's Maiden Name: Ignazzito
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Joseph Naso has asked to represent himself at this morning's court hearing. This ought to drag things out for a while but given some things that have been reported about him it's not a huge surprise. He has been reported as distrusting any type of government authority.

http://sananselmofairfax.patch.com/articles/naso-requests-to-represent-himself-in-multiple-murder-trial
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:34 pm

A couple of the more interesting quotes (IMO) from Naso regarding his self-representation:

Quote :

I want to be the first one and the only one to have discovery.

Quote :

Well, you know as one of the detectives told me, 'A lot of people have wasted a lot of time and a lot of money with you,' and I don't want to do that with an attorney.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:10 pm

This is why I never delete ANYTHING. I have been sitting on this for 3 years or more. Anyone think this girl could be a Naso victim? Anyone have anymore details? I had been interested in this as a possible connection, or similarity to the Lass case:

Date:April 1967
Victim: Anna J Anderson, an Oakland nurse
Attack details: Murdered Woman Is Identified 4-25-67
CARSON CITY, Nev. (UPI)-The body of a woman found in
the hills one week ago has been identified as Anna J. Anderson,
48, of Oakland, Calif., a nurse at the Richmond, Calif., General
Hospital. Sheriff Robert Humphrey said the case was definitely a homicide

FROM THE 4/24/67 OAKLAND TRIBUNE-

JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 Annaan10

Last edited by morf13 on Fri May 06, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:18 pm

This just in-

Naso will be allowed to represent himself in court.

http://www.marinij.com/sanrafael/ci_18009350
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:32 pm

Seagull---I say good! Let's here what this whacko has to say and how he defends himself. He will go down either way!

Morf--You never know! Good catch. Would be worth mentioning to LE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH NASO   JOSEPH NASO - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

JOSEPH NASO
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: