Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zodiac 'Copycat' letters?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Zodiac 'Copycat' letters? Empty
PostSubject: Zodiac 'Copycat' letters?   Zodiac 'Copycat' letters? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:55 am

In the book ZODIAC UNMASKED, pages 446-453, Graysmith has several letters listed as Zodiac 'copycat' letters. I wonder if they were declared as forgeries by LE, or he determined that himself? Anyone know anymore about these letters? Maybe we can use the list to obtain more info thru FOIA requests. Here's the ones I found:

(some of these we may already be aware of)

12/7/69- Postmarked Fairfield, "I will kill again, I will turn myself in, okay"

10/17/70- Postmarked Berkeley, cut out of newspapers, " Monday October 12,zodiac is going to"

2/14/74- SLA letter. (cant figure why its listed by Graysmith as a copycat letter)

5/6/74-(2 days before the Badlands letter)sent to the Chronicle, marked as a 'postcard', Graysmith provides no addl info

10/29/87- "this is the Zodiac speaking, I am crackproof"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac 'Copycat' letters?   Zodiac 'Copycat' letters? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:48 am

Keep in mind that Graysmith was/is a CARTOONIST by trade, not a scientist, or a "forensic anything". He has zippo qualifications.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac 'Copycat' letters?   Zodiac 'Copycat' letters? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:13 pm

morf, the "SLA" letter was considered questionable for quite some time and only in recent years has been somewhat accepted as genuine. I still have my doubts on it, personally.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac 'Copycat' letters?   Zodiac 'Copycat' letters? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:19 pm

I will have to look at that.

He gives a 10/29/87 date for the "CAR" letter, that is right before Halloween.

I take it he doesn't mention the 1986 letter at all? Odd, as that was confirmed by Terry Pascoe as authentic. But they never released it to the public.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac 'Copycat' letters?   Zodiac 'Copycat' letters? Empty

Back to top Go down

Zodiac 'Copycat' letters?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Unconfirmed Zodiac Letters & Mailings General Discussion-
Jump to: