Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Letter in FBI Files

Go down 
+2
morf13
bentley
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Letter in FBI Files - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letter in FBI Files   Letter in FBI Files - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 am

Morf I am still interested in this poss connection, and the possibillity that the Zodiac was heading poss to watch the Apollo launch. The use of DES and his reference to being a soldier in Germany intruiges me. Would be very interesting if you turn up anything.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Letter in FBI Files   Letter in FBI Files - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:30 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
Letter in FBI Files - Page 2 Des_zo10
\

Found a Z-like crime in SC from 1976. Two young victims, a boy & girl, both shot multiple times no apparent motive . I think the name of the town was BETHEL. I found a BETHEL, SC about 30 minutes from IVA, SC. Iva is the town that the "tip letter" in the FBI files sent to the Vallejo News came from.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/classics/mystery_couple/index.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Letter in FBI Files   Letter in FBI Files - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 4:57 am

Very interesting case Morf, whether it could be Z we can't tell but I found this interesting:

A North Carolina man suspected of driving drunk was arrested while traveling through Latta, S.C. Police say they found a gun that had part of its serial number filed off in the man's car. The gun, believed to have been stolen, was sent to the State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) for examination. SLED experts said the bullets taken from that gun matched those retrieved from the bodies.

''To this day, they still believe that was the murder weapon,' McGehee said.

Authorities said a polygraph test indicated the man was not always truthful during questioning, but they never charged him with the killings. They said they couldn't place him at the scene of the crime.

The man, who has since died, had an alibi: His wife was in a North Carolina hospital, and witnesses told police he was there visiting her. Investigators, wanting to see for themselves if it were possible for the man to sneak away to Sumter County and speed back to the North Carolina hospital, timed the drive.

It would have taken too long, they decided. So they let the one suspect they had go.

I wonder who the witnesses were. Relatives or hospital workers. Even after four months why would they recall that specific day, if he visited a lot at the hospital it would be hard to tell. As far as I can see he was suspected of being drunk (poss drugs) had the murder weapon on his person (filed down number and all) and lied whilst attached to the polygraph. Pass me the handcuffs. He's either the killer or bought the gun from him or one of his associates.

Good call Morf, had never read about this case at all. Very strange that out of two young people neither of them has ever been identified.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letter in FBI Files   Letter in FBI Files - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Letter in FBI Files
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Unconfirmed Zodiac Letters & Mailings General Discussion-
Jump to: