Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lindsey

Go down 
+10
Seagull
StitchMallone
tracers
Nachtsider
Zamantha
rand
entropy
tahoe27
morf13
bentley
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Nachtsider wrote:
That could be an apocryphal statement from Graysmith's book.

Had to look that one up... Laughing

Seems that his name was "JACK" in the yellowbook.
Back to top Go down
tracers
Chief
tracers

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 7:03 pm

The 1968 Vallejo phone book lists an Helen C Lindsay living at 911 Florida, phone 643-7489. a widow whose husband had been named George R..

in 1958, she and George lived at 180 Fairmont Ave

A Herman LindsEY lived at 1978 Griffin Dr. 1962- 1964, phone 644-7228
Back to top Go down

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:49 pm

morf13 wrote:
I would enlist the help of FOREIGNER in tracking down a man by that name to see if he really did exist in Solano County area.

I have found a handful of guys named CHARLES LINDSAY & CHARLES LINDSEY. Of special interest to you Bentley, may be one that was involved in TOASTMASTERS. In the same TOASTMASTERS article, a guy(not Charles) won an award for a speech(or paper) called "THE CONFESSION".
If anyone wants that article, let me know. I think it was from the Bay area in 1964 or so.

Thanks. That sounds very interesting and I'd like to read it.
Back to top Go down

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Zamantha wrote:
morf13 wrote:
What I cant figure is, if this man existed (Lindsey or Lindsay) as has been related to is, and his wife committed suicide, why we cant find a record of his wife's death? I looked in both Solano & Alameda county records for a woman's death that would seem to be his wife, but I am coming up empty.
Do we know her name, or when this supposedly happened? His wife's name may be the key here

There seems to be a few "Curious" Suicides that keep coming up when we are looking at possible Z clues. I always wonder...was it really suicide?

Me too and wasn't at least one of them a nurse? Seems like she or another one was thought to have jumped off a bridge, committing suicide.

I read somewhere where there was a way to kill someone and make it look like a heart attack. Thinking of martial arts, do you know if there'd be a way to apply pressure to the neck or head and make the death look like an aneurism caused it?
Back to top Go down

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 2:51 pm

morf13 wrote:
Yeah I missed that word DOOM in the letter to the editor, interesting

I don't find much in the use of this other than it rhymes with peek-a-boo and fits with the Halloween theme.

Since looking for hidden meanings of every variety, I wondered if there could be any sexual connotation to these drawings. The knothole with one eye in the center of the tree trunk almost looks like a pair of lips. Someone posted the pumpkin might have a hidden meaning having something to do with "flashing."

Then, those arm bones are shaped like a "v" and the hand sign with the number on it looks like the skeleton is very happy about something, ie. the sign people make with their hand meaning okay or something really good.

Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:49 am

A recent post at zkf.com under the "List of Suspects/Persons of Interest" thread by Roxietoday also fingers Chuck Lindsey. If you read other posts by Roxietoday there is mention of dirt roads that lead from the LHR and BRS crime scenes to the house he (they apparently) lived in, in the hills behind BRS.

Roxie doesn't sound like the same person who wrote the anonymous letter quoted at the beginning of this thread.

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:21 am

Bentley...have you figured out with certainty, the full name & spelling of this suspect's name, or a DOB?

Not finding too many listings or records for CHARLES OR CHUCK LINDSEY, LINSEY in Valllejo area. Did find this guy CHARLES LINDSAY in a photo from 1947 at La Sierra college in ARLINGTON CA. Arlington CA is about 10 minutes from Riverside.
Lindsey - Page 2 Lindsa10

This guy would have been 40-44 years old during Z murders. (notice the widow's peak)
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Las Vegas
Charles A. (Art) Lindsey
August 28, 1935 - April 12, 2005

Art was born in Elreno, Oklahoma and passed away in Las Vegas on Tuesday, April 12, 2005. He attended Stockton Grammar Schools, Lodi High School, Willows High School and Graduated from Hayward High School before serving 4 years in the US Air Force. After the Air Force he worked in construction through out California and retired as custodian of Saint Johns Presbyterian Church in San Francisco.
Art is survived by his son, Matthew Lindsey of Las Vegas; daughter, Kristin Schuler-Hintz of San Diego; brothers, David Lindsey of San Diego, Jerry Lindsey of Stockton; step-mother, Pat Lindsey of San Diego; companion, Arlene Hintz of Las Vegas; numerous nieces and nephews and a great-niece, Kaelyn Lindsey.
At Arts request, no services and a private interment.

This may be the right guy. Lived in around the SF bay area, worked construction through out CA (Riverside?), was in the air force for 4 years. Wound up in Las Vegas NV, where Graysmith allegedly drove to.

Dont see where and how he could have worked for the Sheriffs office however.
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:24 pm

morf13 wrote:
Bentley...have you figured out with certainty, the full name & spelling of this suspect's name, or a DOB?
Nope, don't have the search tools for that stuff. I did find another post on the 'net, apparently by Roxietoday from zkf. Also found a reference to the "Sweat Ranch" she mentions, here on page 4. Like to know where it is/was exactly:

http://www.co.solano.ca.us/BOSAgenda/MG8905/AS8923/AS8924/AS8925/AI9689/DO10179/DO_10179.PDF

Anonymous (not verified) — Sat, 2011-02-19 22:29
thank your uncle for me, for i am truly thankful. i grew up on sweat ranch, if you dont know where this is i am sure you will find out. i am the step daughter to one suspect. he cocked guns too our heads and beat us with no mercy. he hog tied my brothers while he molested me. on dec. 25 1968 we woke up too our christmas tree and all of our presents being destroyed by him. i will let you figure out which of the suspects he is. go way down the list and make sure you make a note of where we lived.

http://www.disobey.com/node/1837

On zkf Roxie goes on to say Lindsey was fired from the Solano SO for stealing guns and evidence.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:36 pm

bentley wrote:
morf13 wrote:
Nope, don't have the search tools for that stuff. I did find another post on the 'net, apparently by Roxietoday from zkf. Also found a reference to the "Sweat Ranch" she mentions, here on page 4. Like to know where it is/was exactly:

http://www.co.solano.ca.us/BOSAgenda/MG8905/AS8923/AS8924/AS8925/AI9689/DO10179/DO_10179.PDF

Anonymous (not verified) — Sat, 2011-02-19 22:29
thank your uncle for me, for i am truly thankful. i grew up on sweat ranch, if you dont know where this is i am sure you will find out. i am the step daughter to one suspect. he cocked guns too our heads and beat us with no mercy. he hog tied my brothers while he molested me. on dec. 25 1968 we woke up too our christmas tree and all of our presents being destroyed by him. i will let you figure out which of the suspects he is. go way down the list and make sure you make a note of where we lived.

http://www.disobey.com/node/1837

On zkf Roxie goes on to say Lindsey was fired from the Solano SO for stealing guns and evidence.

Roxie posted this:

"I need a little help with this as i know the facts as i was their but can not find the evidence to back up the facts but i do remember well. So here gos, their happened to be a deputy sheriff, who was released from the solano county sheriffs dept. for of all things stealing guns and other evidence from the evedence room. But the problem i am having is that he is not listed as retired nor did he change depts, (well i knew that he was forced to leave) but i dont understand why you can not find any imfomation on him as far as their should have been a book on that bad apple. Some times you have to sort thru all the bad that you locked behind that door so that you could function as an adult. Did i mention i have brothers and a sister who also have the same door. Back then those were scary times as a child especially if you lived rite behind bluerock springs park. ok so my question is why? why cant i find any information about any thing that has to do with this man, it was even in the daily republic news paper . (the robbery was) just curious. closing the door now. thankyou"

Maybe somebody could find the article??
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:15 pm

Way back on the first page of this thread, I posted an article about a guy named HERMAN CHARLES LINDSEY/LINDSAY (unsure of correct spelling of his name or if news paper got it correct) who lived in Vallejo in 1964, and was arrested for a scheme to rob a transit bus.

At this link- http://nwda-db.wsulibs.wsu.edu/ark:/80444/xv90306
There is a listing for a prisoner in the MONTANA prison system named HERMAN LINDSEY. No idea if it is the same man. That link i just posted is the same link by the way in which I found the prison record for Don Bujok.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:35 pm

morf13 wrote:
Way back on the first page of this thread, I posted an article about a guy named HERMAN CHARLES LINDSEY/LINDSAY (unsure of correct spelling of his name or if news paper got it correct) who lived in Vallejo in 1964, and was arrested for a scheme to rob a transit bus.

At this link- http://nwda-db.wsulibs.wsu.edu/ark:/80444/xv90306
There is a listing for a prisoner in the MONTANA prison system named HERMAN LINDSEY. No idea if it is the same man. That link i just posted is the same link by the way in which I found the prison record for Don Bujok.
To bad he's dead cause you could have wish him Happy Birthday lol.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Given roxietoday's poor spelling I'd say she was talking about the Swett Ranch. It was purchased by the Solano Land Trust not too long ago. When I have the time I will look into it some more.
Or someone else can do it. Wink

http://www.solanolandtrust.org/KingSwett.aspx
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:35 pm

I belive this might be the guy:

Social Security Death Index
about Chuck W. Lindsey
Name: Chuck W. Lindsey
SSN: 556-48-9894
Last Residence: 95901 Marysville, Yuba, California
Born: 26 Aug 1936
Died: 18 Mar 2011
State (Year) SSN issued: California (1953)

People Search: LINDSEY born 08/26/1936

1. LINDSEY, CHUCK WAYNE (Age 75)

MARYSVILLE, CA
OROVILLE, CA
LIVE OAK, CA
RICHMOND, CA
VACAVILLE, CA

California Divorce Index, 1966-1984
about Charles W Lindsey (born 1936)
Name: Charles W Lindsey
Spouse Name: Nancy J Jones (Born 194?)
Date: Apr 1969
Married : 1967

The poster Roxietoday, who apparently is the daughter or stepdaughter of the "Chuck Lindsey" man, posted this on ZKF.com:

Quote:

"well ok then. Lets just say for example that zodiac was born in 1936"
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Seagull wrote:
Given roxietoday's poor spelling I'd say she was talking about the Swett Ranch. It was purchased by the Solano Land Trust not too long ago. When I have the time I will look into it some more.
Or someone else can do it. Wink

http://www.solanolandtrust.org/KingSwett.aspx

See. that's why you're in charge and I'm just a peon. OK, here is the Swett Ranch

Lindsey - Page 2 Swett10

And I'm guessing the house referred to is at what is now the MacIntyre Ranch as Roxie mentioned a water tank on the way. In any case, pretty good nesting spot for the BRS and LHR crimes.

Lindsey - Page 2 Swett110
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 7:34 am

Good Find guys!
Back to top Go down
Luke68
Lieuntenant
Luke68

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 7:47 am

His middle name is Wayne. That seals it for me Smile
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 8:14 am

If anybody wants them, I have two different email addresses for Lindsey. Perhaps something about him can be dug up? I dont want to post them here publicly, but if you want them, just PM me.

One of the emails contains the words STRIKE & AXE in it (not that neccessarily means anything)
Back to top Go down
Luke68
Lieuntenant
Luke68

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:23 am

morf13 wrote:

Not finding too many listings or records for CHARLES OR CHUCK LINDSEY, LINSEY in Valllejo area. Did find this guy CHARLES LINDSAY in a photo from 1947 at La Sierra college in ARLINGTON CA. Arlington CA is about 10 minutes from Riverside.
Lindsey - Page 2 Lindsa10

This guy would have been 40-44 years old during Z murders. (notice the widow's peak)

La Sierra College (now La Sierra University) is a Seventh Day Adventist school.
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Rereading what Graysmith wrote about Lindsey, (page 1 of this thread), he was tall, thin and bald in 1979, but he must have resembled Z enough to be investigated by LE (and others accounts say he looked just like Z at the time). And even LE said he was nutty enough to have been the perp, so we know at least that part of other accounts is correct. And he saved Darlene's murder and morgue photos as mementos?

According to Graysmith his prints did not match the cab, so that unfortunately puts us back in that boat of suspects
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:35 pm

I found a leter to the editor from the 12/18/75 San Mateo Times. The person that wrote the letter was named CHARLES LINDSEY of Milbrae(not too far from Vallejo). The writer mentioned the word 'Patriotism' and his letter was about the 'freedom train', whatever that is. Not sure if this is the right CHUCK LINDSEY.
Back to top Go down
wv171
Inspector
wv171

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Pretty good investigation work going on here..

That would be a perfect way to suddenly appear and dissappear with keys to gates, Be lot faster dummy lock the gates for extra fast in and out.. just lock it after you go through the gate for the last time.

Plus anybody drive road allmost daily driving after dark with no headlights is no problem what so ever.. I use to do it when I was getting off of work @ 2:00am driving home on a 7 mile off road drive.

Good moon out you see real well once you eyes get use to no lights.. No headlights nobody see you from main highway my guess be. They never would know a auto is traveling back in them farm land without headlights on..

I myself never been to LHR or BRS

It would slove some key questions that has came up before.. I know in my mind.

Just crime scenes and his 1 phone call's that all the nightly contact with Z. Z could been Casper "But Not Too Friendly" Ghost.. He just appear and dissappear on us and nobody pass him or see him or nothing.. This being mainly in the LHR & BRS crimes.

LHR case we got that pin down to just a very few minutes time wise.. Far as I know nobody came forward said they pass him after the crime. All most like he disappeared..

I am not trying say it was Lindsey or not him.. Could been Morf far as I know.. Only it would slove couple unanswered questions I got..

Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Lindsey - Page 2 Swett111
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:09 am

bentley wrote:

Lindsey - Page 2 Swett111

Thanks bentley! Perf!
Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:37 am

If the killer was Lindsay then it would of course have been easy to creep over to the crime scenes and creep back home with no lights on but we mustn't forget that in the case of BRS at least, he decided to nonchalantly pop into town to ring the cops.

In his other crimes, he seems to have been happy to wander off down the street or through the woods without a care in the world after being almost certainly covered in blood. This makes me think that Z really wasn't bothered about moving in and out of a crime scene and possibly getting observed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lindsey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lindsey   Lindsey - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lindsey
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: