Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arlis Perry October 12 1974 Stanford University

Go down 
+2
morf13
Dreamnine
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dreamnine
Lieuntenant
Dreamnine

Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University Empty
PostSubject: Arlis Perry October 12 1974 Stanford University   Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:51 am

I find this case very interesting; and I'm posting it here although I don't think she was a Z victim, but just to get other peoples' opinions on this case. Do you think that she just evangelised to the wrong people? The date is notable - linked to Alesteir Crowley.

Much of what I was able to find comes from this thread: http://www.findadeath.com/forum/showthread.php?24243-Arlis-Perry-Hunted-Stalked-and-Slain

From Wikipedia:
Quote :
Arlis Perry, a newlywed 19-year-old North Dakota native, was killed in Stanford Memorial Church on the grounds of Stanford University on October 12, 1974. Her murder remains unsolved as of late 2009.

She was found murdered with an ice pick in the church in the early morning hours of October 13, 1974. Perry was sexually assaulted with altar candles.

David Berkowitz, the notorious "Son of Sam" killer from New York City, mentioned the Perry murder in a few letters, suggesting that he heard details of the crime from "Manson II", the culprit. In the San Jose Mercury News, Jessie Seyfer noted that "investigators interviewed [Berkowitz] in prison and now believe he has nothing of value to offer" regarding the Perry case.

Her murder is notable because she is among a small but important genre of murders, that of women killed at elite universities, possibly by known or inside assailants. A second notable slaying in this category was that of Annie Le at Yale in September 2009.

Also interesting is that no-one knows the origin of that photograph of Arlis, and that she didn't generally look like that.

There are mentions of The Son of Sam in New York who was ruled out but nevertheless had knowledge of the case which would seem strange back then in pre-internet times.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Arlis Perry October 12 1974 Stanford University   Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:04 am

I believe there IS a thread 'someplace' for Perry, but the search function on this forum is terrible so I dont blame you for starting a thread here.
Back to top Go down
Dreamnine
Lieuntenant
Dreamnine

PostSubject: Re: Arlis Perry October 12 1974 Stanford University   Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:18 am

I tried search, lol ,I did find an old thread on zodiackiller.com from a few years back and some of the posters on there are around here, too.

I find it strange how it remained unsolved - a brutal, staging murder like that.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Arlis Perry October 12 1974 Stanford University   Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:07 pm

On or around January 12, 1974, a caller claiming to be "Zodiac" says a body will be found in a church. Apparently this was in reference to Daly City and/or San Mateo County.

On January 29, 1974, the Zodiac "Exorcist" letter is mailed, thought to be mailed from San Mateo County.

October 12, 1974 - 9 months after the phone call from "Zodiac" saying a body would be found in a church - the body of Arlis Perry is found inside the Stanford Memorial Church. A sandy haired man is seen entering the church before the murder. Perry was killed by an icepick to the back of the head. The body was posed obscenely with a candle inserted in her vagina. In the film "The Exorcist" the girl inserts a crucifix in her vagina while controlled by the demon.

Oct. 30-31, 1974, Halloween Holiday Period: Temporary headstone of Arlis Perry is stolen from gravesite in Bismarck North Dakota.

In the book "The Ultimate Evil" the Son of Sam David Berkowitz claims a satanic network links his cases, the Manson cases and the Perry murder. There is some interesting evidence but the case is far from proven and authorities eventually dismissed Berkowitz's claims. I think William Mentzer is a valid suspect for this case. But I also think the Zodiac should be regarded as a suspect for this crime which happened within one day of the 5th year anniversary of the Paul Stine murder.

Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Arlis Perry October 12 1974 Stanford University   Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:18 pm

These are a couple of images from a brochure I have on the church. Published in 1964 by Stanford University.

It will give you an idea of the layout of the church and what the interior of the church looked like.

Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University Stanfordmemchurch001

Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University Stanfordmemchurch002
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
Dreamnine
Lieuntenant
Dreamnine

PostSubject: Re: Arlis Perry October 12 1974 Stanford University   Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Thanks, Seagull.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Arlis Perry October 12 1974 Stanford University   Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Arlis's death record:

California Death Index, 1940-1997 about Arlis K Perry
Name: Arlis K Perry
Social Security #: 50272xxxx
Sex: Female
Birth Date: 22 Feb 1955
Birthplace: North Dakota
Death Date: 13 Oct 1974
Death Place: Santa Clara

Articles:

Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University Arlisperry3

Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University Arlisperry1

Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University Arlisperry2

In all likelihood Arlis was probably killed on the 13th not the 12th.
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Arlis Perry October 12 1974 Stanford University   Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:49 pm

Stanford Memorial Church. At one time I found it mildly interesting that you can see Z like crosses inside circles - as if maybe if Z did this crime he picked a location that gave a subtle hint. Now I think that is probably too obtuse to mean anything!

Picture of Perry below.

Then two pictures of WILLIAM MENTZER. In bottom picture he appears to have sandy colored hair.

Like PA victim Lindy Biechler aka Lindy Little, Perry had her gravesite desecrated.

Suspect in this case is a sandy haired man who did not wear a watch. That narrows it down, huh?

Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University Stanfo10Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University Stanfo11

Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University Arlis_10

Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University Willia10

Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University Mentze10
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Arlis Perry October 12 1974 Stanford University   Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:19 pm

By request from oue forummember, Daniel Gillotti, here is a post of mine on the Arlis Perry case dated April 18, 2009:

This is a murdercase which som people have suggested might be a Zodiac murder and/or a Process Church of the Final Judgment murder.

The victim Arlis Perry and her husband was from North Dakota so it made me think of Gutsygals supect which she claims was from North Dakota.
(TF note April 2012; we now know that Gutsygals suspect was a hoax)

North Dakota has also ties to the "Son of Sam" murders due to that David Berkowitz´s "friend" John Carr was found dead by either suicide or murder in North Dakota Feb 16, 1978 (2 days after Zodiac Feb 14, 1978 letter)

After reseaching this murder case, I have come to belive that the murder of Arlis Perry was a satanic ritualistic murder "tribute" to Aleister Crowley, commited on the 99 year anniversery of his birth.

Arlis Perry, 19 years old, was killed, in Memorial Church, at Stanford, October 12 1974, in the midnight hours.
She had been posed in a ritualistic fashion. The cause of death was an ice pick behind her left ear.

Aleister Crowley was born October 12, 1875 between 11PM and midnight.

AP was killed on the 99th (upsidedown: 66) anniversery of AC´s birthday Oct, 12, 1875

AP murdered on 27th aniversery of AC´s death Dec 1, 1947 (last to numbers reverse 1974)

AP and her pants was posed in a way so that it became an image of Crowley´s version of the hexagram.

"The body was naked from the waste down. The legs were spread
wide apart. Her jeans were spread apart, across her calfs,
going in the opposite direction.
"
Se image below:

Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University Perry

SO alltogether:

AP was murdered on AC´s 99 birthday anniversery
AP was killed within the same hours as AC was born (midnight between Oct 12 and 13)
AP was murdered partly on the reverse year of his death
AP´s killer arranged AP and her pants to forme AC´s hexagram
AP was a Christian
AP was murdered in a Church
AP was sexually assulted in the Church

I would say that it is 99 % chance that Arlis Perry´s killer/killers were HEAVILY Aleister Crowley followers.

Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Arlis Perry October 12 1974 Stanford University   Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Here is som info on the case:

http://bloodonthealtar.tripod.com/ARLISMRA.HTM

The ritualistic murder Of Mrs. Arlis Perry

By: Andrew L. Nichols

Back in 1974, in a lonely church on the campus of Stanford
University, the young wife of Bruce Perry was murdered in a
ritualistic fashion. The fact that the murder happened in a
church was terrible enough, but coupled with the fact the
murder was the result of a ritual performed made it even
worse. Author Maury Terry in his book entitled, “The
Ultimate Evil,” ties this murder to both the Son of Sam
(David Berkowitz) slayings, and also the (Charlie) Manson
“Family” murders. Was the murder of Arlis Perry, indeed the
work of some Satanic cult, as Author Terry supposes?

Arlis was a student at Stanford University, and a committed
Evangelical Christian. She had no qualms about witnessing
for the Lord. She would witness about her faith to everyone.
No one was immune from her Gospel; the Gospel of Hope, and
the Gospel of Peace. Back in her hometown of Minot, ND, she
even wtinessed to die hard Satanists about her faith. David
Berkowitz alluded that Arlis had been followed from Minot,
ND to Stanford University, and was murdered. Author Terry
alludes that the reason she was murdered was because of such
witnessing to Satanists. Was that the case?

Arlis was the wife of Bruce Perry, who had aspirations of
becoming a Doctor. Since the murder happened almost 30 years
ago, it is highly likely Mr. Perry has already become a
Doctor. At first, the Police had thought that perhaps Bruce
was involved in the murder. They also thought that Mrs.
Perry had been victimized by some type of sexual predator,
with Satanic worship leanings. The way the body was found
clearly indicated a ritualistic styled murder. Author Terry
says that when the Police did find Arlis in the church, that
they quickly deduced that her muder was indeed a ritual. Was
Arlis Pre-Chosen by Satanists for ritualistic murder? Or was
she a victim of being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

The body, the way it was laid out was in a ritualistic
fashion. (NOTE: This part is a little graphic, so if you
have a weak stomach, you better skip over this part!) The
body was naked from the waste down. The legs were spread
wide apart. Her jeans were spread apart, across her calfs,
going in the opposite direction. Author Terry says that the
whole set up of her body was decidedly a "Diamond Pattern."
The left breast of her blouse had been torn open, and the
breast was exposed. Her hands were laid carefully between
her breasts, with an altar candle between her hands. To
complete the Desecration, another altar candle had been
forced into her vagina. Remember: All this happened in a
church. She had been tortured, and abused, but that wasn't
what caused her death. What caused her death is an ice pick
had been forced into her skull, just behind the left ear.
This was truly a heinous crime!

Back to top Go down
Daniel Gillotti
Chief
Daniel Gillotti

PostSubject: Re: Arlis Perry October 12 1974 Stanford University   Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University EmptyFri May 04, 2012 8:36 pm

TF,

Thankyou, I hope to keep this dialogue going. I like your theory on the Perry murder. If I can help you or anyone else in this murder please let me know.

Daniel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arlis Perry October 12 1974 Stanford University   Arlis Perry  October 12 1974 Stanford University Empty

Back to top Go down

Arlis Perry October 12 1974 Stanford University
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Possible Zodiac Victims General Discussion :: All Other Possible Zodiac Victims-
Jump to: