Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner

Go down 
+2
morf13
AK Wilks
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner   Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:43 pm

Dreamnine wrote:
It's good that the story is still being kept in the public eye.

I read the web sleuths threads the other night, and I didn't know that, prior to 2008, there really was little information on the web, and that you have been responsible for a great chunk of it since.

I look forward to your second book about Haefner.

Thanks. Sascha Skucek deserves a lot of credit, too. His ongoing State College Magazine articles, along with the web attention that whokilledbetsy.com was able to generate, really helped. He kept the local interest going while we got people interested at other levels.

I am glad at least that people can be aware of it now, although there's nothing that can be done to take away the pain of Betsy's family and friends.
Back to top Go down
Richard
Inspector

Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner   Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:14 am

I have read that Richard Haefner often carried a sharpened screw driver, or some similar type of tool/weapon, and that he assauted a woman with it at some point, and that he used it to puncture her tire. Is there any more information on that tool/weapon? Was it taken into evidence by police at any time?

Did any of the women mentioned in these threads as possible Haefner victims have wounds consistant with a sharpened screwdriver or similar spike weapon?

What does the autopsy of Betsy Aardsma say in regard to the weapon used to kill her?
Back to top Go down
entropy
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner   Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:38 am

Richard wrote:
I have read that Richard Haefner often carried a sharpened screw driver, or some similar type of tool/weapon, and that he assauted a woman with it at some point, and that he used it to puncture her tire. Is there any more information on that tool/weapon? Was it taken into evidence by police at any time?

Did any of the women mentioned in these threads as possible Haefner victims have wounds consistant with a sharpened screwdriver or similar spike weapon?

What does the autopsy of Betsy Aardsma say in regard to the weapon used to kill her?

Richard,

I'm not sure if Derek is still around but those are all good questions. To my knowledge, Haefner was never charged with assaulting anyone using a weapon. He was convicted of severely beating a woman in Delaware well after the Aardsma case and has had other assault allegations. If memory serves me, I think the statement about carrying around a sharpened screwdriver came from a Penn State article by Sascha Skucek, whom Derek references below, but I'm not sure where the information originally came from.

Regarding the tire puncturing and specific type of weapon indicated in the Aardsma autopsy report... I'll try to refresh my memory and get back to you unless Derek, AK or morf can recall.
Back to top Go down
Dreamnine
Lieuntenant
Dreamnine

PostSubject: Re: Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner   Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 7:08 am

It's been nearly a year since I read Derek's book - I'll try and see if that particular information is in there.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner   Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:17 am

IIRC both Aardsma and Bates were killed by a short knife a blade about 1 inch wide and 3 1/2 to 4 inches long.
Back to top Go down
Richard
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner   Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:03 am

Social Security Death Index (SSDI) Death Record

Name: Richard C. Haefner
State of Issue: Pennsylvania
Date of Birth: Monday  December  13, 1943
Date of Death: Tuesday  March  19, 2002
Est. Age at Death: 58 years, 3 months, 6 days
Confirmation:  Verified
Last known residence:
City:  Lancaster; Leaf Park; Manor Ridge; New Danville; Roherstown; Rohrerstown; West Lancaster
County:  Lancaster
State:  Pennsylvania
ZIP Code:  17603
Back to top Go down
entropy
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner   Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 4:06 am

Richard wrote:

Last known residence:
City:  Lancaster; Leaf Park; Manor Ridge; New Danville; Roherstown; Rohrerstown; West Lancaster

Verrry interesting, Richard. Haefner lived with his mother in Lancaster city roughly 4 miles away from Lindy Biechler's apartment. Some of these locations are actually much closer. The Manor Ridge subdivision is right off of the same road as Lindy's apartment complex. A one minute drive just over a half mile down the road. I'd be really interested to know when that was. Probably coincidence but interesting nonetheless.

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner   Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 7:30 am

entropy wrote:
Richard wrote:

Last known residence:

Verrry interesting, Richard. Haefner lived with his mother in Lancaster city roughly 4 miles away from Lindy Biechler's apartment. Some of these locations are actually much closer. The Manor Ridge subdivision is right off of the same road as Lindy's apartment complex. A one minute drive just over a half mile down the road. I'd be really interested to know when that was. Probably coincidence but interesting nonetheless.

Richard's Family did live in Lancaster when Lindy was killed if I remember correctly. By the way, Richard may have been using an address in Lancaster when he died,but he died in the Calif desert from a heart attack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner   Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Betsy Aardsma Murder, the book "Who Killed Betsy?", Possible Zodiac Connection and Suspect Richard Haefner
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Possible Zodiac Victims General Discussion :: All Other Possible Zodiac Victims-
Jump to: