Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Phillip Gordon Gietzen

Go down 
+3
AK Wilks
StitchMallone
morf13
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Phillip Gordon Gietzen Empty
PostSubject: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:51 am

Decided to spinoff a thread for Phillip G. Gietzen, as I believe beyond any shadow of a doubt that he WAS the author of the questioned Zodiac letter, the 'Equinox 3:33' letter.

Whether or not he was Zodiac I can not say, but if he was indeed the author of a possible Zodiac letter received by police or newspapers, he should be looked at closer and ruled out. I have since forwarded the info I have gathered on him to the CA DOJ.

The Equinox letter:
Phillip Gordon Gietzen Equino10

The FBI response to the Equionx letter:
Phillip Gordon Gietzen Equino13

Magazine cover designed by Gietzen:
Phillip Gordon Gietzen Philg_10

This next page is from Gietzen's 'Auto biography', the tone and words certainly matches that of teh Equinox letter-
Phillip Gordon Gietzen Philzz10

Photos of Gietzen (from about 7 to 10 years before the Z murders)-
Phillip Gordon Gietzen Equino11
Phillip Gordon Gietzen Equino12
Phillip Gordon Gietzen Philli10

Again, a closeup excerpt from the Equinox letter, the name and date shown match this suspect's name & Date Of Birth-
Phillip Gordon Gietzen Equino13

Name: Phillip G. Gietzen
SSN: 245-60-1998
Last Residence: 94110 San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
Born: 14 Apr 1941
Died: 5 Jul 1999
State (Year) SSN issued: North Carolina (1956)

Name: Phillip Gordon Gietzen
Date of Birth: 14 Apr 1941
Birth County: Jefferson
Father's Name: Harry Edward Gietzen
Mother's name: Hope Poteat
Roll Number: 1941_0004

This man was also a licensed Architect in the stae of CA. I am quite sure, he would have knwon about radians and their uses.

Please use this thread ONLY for discussion of this suspect. For general discussion of the Equinox letter, visit this thread:
https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t720-equinox-333-pm

Last edited by morf13 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:02 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:47 pm

I forget exactly what city where they said the phrase fiddle faddle that Zodiac used came from. Know it was somewhere in Texas and sure he could have heard his parents using it. I agree Morf and think Phil deserves his own topic on here. Considering if your pretty sure he did write the letter and his look I think it's warranted
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:59 pm

Add also he is the best I seen matching the sketch and blows Peter O out of the water and that guy basically got accused of being Z based on the sketch. Phil has him beat by a lot plus tied to the letter is pretty fascinating. Curious to see what else anybody finds.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:00 pm

StitchMallone wrote:
I forget exactly what city where they said the phrase fiddle faddle that Zodiac used came from. Know it was somewhere in Texas and sure he could have heard his parents using it. I agree Morf and think Phil deserves his own topic on here. Considering if your pretty sure he did write the letter and his look I think it's warranted

I know that Jack T supporters state that the term FIDDLE & FART AROUND came from TX, but I dont know for sure if it is true. Although he was born in TX, I think he grew up in NC.

Also, this logo appeared in one of his magazine issues:
Phillip Gordon Gietzen Cross_10
I hope to find out more about the logo and the company and when this logo was first used in print.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Since this guy was involved in underground newspaper/magazine circles like Gaikowski, I think it would be interesting to find issues of these old works of his or to find somebody that knew him and his work. Anybody here that may have helped track down info on Gaikowski, that can point me in the right direction?
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:19 pm

morf13 wrote:
StitchMallone wrote:

I know that Jack T supporters state that the term FIDDLE & FART AROUND came from TX, but I dont know for sure if it is true. Although he was born in TX, I think he grew up in NC.

Also, this logo appeared in one of his magazine issues:
Phillip Gordon Gietzen Cross_10
I hope to find out more about the logo and the company and when this logo was first used in print.
Yea even if he didn't live in Texas long maybe one of his parents spent years there and acquired the saying and then he pick it up from them using it. Yes the cross hair symbol is also very freaky and the underground newspaper. Do you know if he was a editor ?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:30 pm

Yes! He was the editor.

Phillip Gordon Gietzen Editor10
Phillip Gordon Gietzen Editor11
Phillip Gordon Gietzen Editor12

At the turn of the decade, San Francisco had a powerful music scene, a vibrant and subversive community of comic book cartoonists and illustrators, and a laid-back Marin County lifestyle. Right next door at Berkeley, activists of the New Left conceived the notion of participatory democracy and developed the habit of speaking truth to power. Video was a natural.
Videocity was Phillip Gietzen's name for it all; there was a lot of video in San Francisco, and very early on as well. Gietzen, the editor of this issue, was himself making video in 1970. Video Free America, piloted by Skip Sweeney and Arthur Ginsberg, and championing the inventive genius of Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, was active early in 1970 (and is still going strong). Peter Berg's Homeskin, the Portola Institute in nearby Palo Alto, Ant Farm from Sausilito, and Gietzen himself had all contributed a paragraph or two to the very first issue of Radical Software in 1970.
Even earlier, in 1967, The National Center for Experiments in Television was founded at KQED, San Francisco's public TV station. It was funded by the Rockefeller Foundation, and directed by Brice Howard. Howard was less interested in programming suitable for broadcast than he was in true video experimentation. He coined the term 'videospace' and invited artists from all over to his workshop in San Francisco.
Gietzen himself was an interesting player. A native of North Carolina, a licensed architect and a visionary, he worked for various architectural firms in the Bay area before opening his own office. With a small circle of friends, he gathered and assembled this very inclusive survey of San Francisco video activity in 1973. Sadly, Phil Gietzen died of a heart attack at his home in the Mission in 1999.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:51 pm

The editor angle is always one thing I liked about Gyke but don't agree on other issues though. Zodiac always seemed to hold a editor as a high figurehead and importance with his letters. Rush to editor, Imo I figured Z to be a editor at some point maybe high school or etc.

Phil has some serious personality traits in common with Z so far from what little we know of him. Phil was born on the 14 maybe a clue Zodiac was hinting to in the Halloween card ? Morf thanks for the article you just posted very interesting as well.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:53 pm

On this link: http://www.radicalsoftware.org/volume1nr2/pdf/VOLUME1NR2_0028.pdf
There are some handwritten notes, chicken scratch, cipher-like symbols, and something that looks like an algebra problem(I am not strong in math, so maybe somebody else here can chime in). I do NOT know if these handwritten notes belong to Phil Gietzen, but they are written underneath his name.

Also here: http://www.radicalsoftware.org/volume1nr2/pdf/VOLUME1NR2_0026.pdf
Scroll down on the right side to see a weird piece written by Gietzen, that sounds like it has to do with outer space
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:06 pm

One problem is the writing on the letter, though mostly cursive, doesn't seem to match known Zodiac writing, and their is nothing in the letter itself that directly ties in to the Zodiac case. In other words, maybe this guy did write this letter, but it has nothing to do with the Z case, just astrology stuff.

You are finding some interesting things, good job.

Can you post the rest of this bio page? I was interested in the part where he starts talking about the industrial (revolution?) and his family being victims.

From MORF:

This next page is from Gietzen's 'Auto biography', the tone and words certainly matches that of the Equinox letter-
Phillip Gordon Gietzen Geit_b10
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:13 pm

AK, I personally think that some of teh writing looks like Z, but the cursive, no way to tell. Again, as I said, this guy could have just written it as a hoax, but I think if each writer was checked andd eliminated, it wouldnt hurt. I will try to find the rest of that article for you
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:25 pm

This is the rest of the text(or at least what I can find)
"I am a stranger in a stranger land. I was born in Beaumont, Texas, April 14,1941. Aries, Sagitarius moon, Leo rising. My mother (Scorpio), nine months pregnant, trained to Beaumont, Texas on the City of New Orleans to see my Dad who was on a business trip. In 1941 she was afraid to fly, but I wondered myself if it might not have been better to have been born in an airplane in 1941, instead of Beaumont, Texas. I mean, my chart would have been different. Alas it was Beaumont not the airplane. I came, though, not from Beaumont, but from Blue Ridge, East Tennessee, Western North Carolina. My folks have been in that neck of the Great Smokeys for nigh on 200 years. They fought the war between the states, rebels of a sort unknown in this time. They fell to the guns and swords of the industrial Yankees who not only enslaved the Negro and the South, but the world, Vietnam to"
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:27 pm

This guy chose to use a map of the stars for one of his covers:
http://www.radicalsoftware.org/volume2nr3/pdf/VOLUME2NR3_0001.pdf

At the bottom, it stated "DRAWN BY DAVID TESKE"...since that name sounded very similar to Dave Toschi, I actually looked it up to make sure it was not made up, and apparently there was an artist by that name that did posters of stars, etc
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Thanks Morf. I thought he was going to say 'industrial revolution' but he actually said 'industrial Yankees'. Still a radical political statement and anti industry. Inteeresting. Good work Morf the stuff you turned up on this guy. I find the equinox letter interesting.
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:02 pm

The first two letters in the proposed "Phil g" signature appear to me to be the mathematical symbol for pi (for what its worth). I take it as an artistic or clever way to write "Phil."
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:24 pm

As for the cursive writing think it is spot on what I would expect to see from Zodiac but would love to see the usage of the letter D. Morf think you might be on the right track here for sure and great work!!!
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:44 pm

patinky wrote:
The first two letters in the proposed "Phil g" signature appear to me to be the mathematical symbol for pi (for what its worth). I take it as an artistic or clever way to write "Phil."
Thats interesting maybe someone can post a side by side compaeisonmaybe in the thread on the letter itself.
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Just finished reading the full "autobiography" and noticed Gietzen mentioned the astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, however, he mispelled Aldrin's name as "Buss Aldrien."

Reminded me of buss for bus and Christmass for Christmas as found in Zodiac's letters.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:15 pm

I am trying to get my hands on several pieces of material hand written and filled out by Geitzen, and I hope it will provide a good timeline, and background for him, not to mention invaluable writing samples(hope some of which is in cursive).

Again, this guy may not be Zodiac, but I have ZERO doubt this guy wrote that Equinox letter. From the minute I saw that letter, and the name PHILG and the date, I assumed it was a Date Of Birth. I searched every person in the USA born on that date named PHIL or Phillip, and he was the ONLY one in the USA and it just happens that he lived in San Fran....too much for me to ignore. May be a dead end, but worth looking at.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:24 pm

You want to hear a weird audio recording from 1971, check this out:
http://www.archive.org/details/OTG_1971_07_28

Play the audio on the right side...it is in direct response to Phillip Gietzen's work. By the way, if you ever saw the movie "Reservoir Dogs', the guy introducing the piece sounds like the DJ in the movie Reservoir Dogs, (played by Steven Wright)... "K Billy's sounds of the 70's just keeps on Truckin" Laughing
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:15 pm

Here is a full & clear re-post of that little auto biography written by Gietzen:
Phillip Gordon Gietzen Philzz10

Again, compare it to the words, and phrasing in the Equinox letter:
Phillip Gordon Gietzen Equino14

There is simply Zero doubt in my mind that Gietzen either wrote the Equinox letter, or possibly, somebody wrote the letter intending to draw attention to him. The wording is wayyy too similar. I am trying to find the date he published the biography of himself vs when the Equinox letter was received.

I thought that I remember Graysmith mentioning in one of his books details about the Equinox letter and when/where/how it was received, but I just skimmed thru his books and dont see it. Does anybody else remember this?

I also hope to hear from somebody soon that has talked to Gietzen and remembers his voice to see if he had any trace of southern accent.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:29 pm

I think I mentioned this fact before, but this guy Gietzen DID write a letter to the editor of a newspaper in 1964. I will post it later today.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:03 pm

Wow cool and hope you post it soon I got pool league in a few hours lol. Another thing about Phil is that his birthday is 4 14 41. I think the Zodiac went out of his way to stress the 14 on the Halloween card. You have the 14 in the skeletons hand and the 4-teen and the back words N that is the 14 letter in the alphabet. Obvious 14 back words is 41 and then you have the 4 dots by the LF looking symbol.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:14 pm

StitchMallone wrote:
Wow cool and hope you post it soon I got pool league in a few hours lol. Another thing about Phil is that his birthday is 4 14 41. I think the Zodiac went out of his way to stress the 14 on the Halloween card. You have the 14 in the skeletons hand and the 4-teen and the back words N that is the 14 letter in the alphabet. Obvious 14 back words is 41 and then you have the 4 dots by the LF looking symbol.

Sorry,but I wont have it posted until tonight. The letter to the editor is about him graduating college and moving out of state from North Carolina (to California perhaps?)
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:21 pm

morf13 wrote:
StitchMallone wrote:

Sorry,but I wont have it posted until tonight. The letter to the editor is about him graduating college and moving out of state from North Carolina (to California perhaps?)
That's cool and sounds interesting and gives me something to look forward to when I get home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phillip Gordon Gietzen   Phillip Gordon Gietzen Empty

Back to top Go down

Phillip Gordon Gietzen
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next