Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cathy Pethtel and Michael Shane

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

Cathy Pethtel and Michael Shane Empty
PostSubject: Cathy Pethtel and Michael Shane   Cathy Pethtel and Michael Shane EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 3:47 pm

In my quest to find articles on all the victims listed in Graysmith's Zodiac I found articles on these two murders.

One victim is listed as Cathy Fechtel in Graysmith's book. The actual name of the victim is Cathy Pethtel. There is a death record for her in that name with the correct date of death. The other victim, Michael Shane is a woman! I was not able to find a death record for her in that name though. (I posted this over at ZK and TF was able to come up with the correct spelling of Michael Shane's name, it is Shain, Thanks again TF)

Cathy Pethtel and Michael Shane Michaelshanecathypethte
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Cathy Pethtel and Michael Shane   Cathy Pethtel and Michael Shane EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks for posting these articles seagull. I am somewhat familiar with this case,and will post some comments a bit later.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Cathy Pethtel and Michael Shane   Cathy Pethtel and Michael Shane EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:30 pm

I had a good amount of talks with and picked the brain of a Retired Alameda Sheriff dept Detective, and he was looking into the June 67 double murder in Alameda county that he thinks may have been a Z murder. See this thread:
https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t169-june-8-1967-alameda-county-zodiac-victims
He and I were discussing cold unsolved murders in his county, especially of couples or people killed with guns, and the topic of Pethel & Shane came up. He mentioned that there were a couple people that thought it may be z related, but that they also had an eye witness(s) that saw these 2 girls walking down the road just before they were murdered in the early morning hours. A car had stopped to talk to them and this car had one or more black men in it. They think that these men may have been part of one of those radical black groups. If I can find any of the notes I took, I will post em.
Back to top Go down
Ricardo
Sergeant
Ricardo

PostSubject: Re: Cathy Pethtel and Michael Shane   Cathy Pethtel and Michael Shane EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:36 pm

morf, you are correct. The police were seeking a black man in connection with the murders of Michael Shain and Cathy Pethtel on December 3, 1973.

Sandy and I have been to the crime scene which is at Interstate 580 by Pleasanton. It is open to speculation whether or not these murders were linked to the Zodiac because the Zodiac mailed a letter from Pleasanton on March 13, 1971.

Back to top Go down
http://www.mk-zodiac.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cathy Pethtel and Michael Shane   Cathy Pethtel and Michael Shane Empty

Back to top Go down

Cathy Pethtel and Michael Shane
Page 1 of 1