Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Richard J Hirschfield

Go down 
+9
traveller1st
duckking2001
bentley
Theforeigner
Seagull
AK Wilks
patinky
Quagmire
morf13
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Theforeigner wrote:

At 9:25 into this video there is a mugshot of Richard J Hirschfield from 1975:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6zAoridW0o

48 hours mystery - The Sweetheart Murders Part 3

Also, at 7:10 into this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqUlRwuziCo&feature=plcp
They show a sketch of a suspect,and although he has long hair,he appears to be wearing glasses.ACTUALLY, I cant tell if those are glasses or wrinkles.

Last edited by morf13 on Thu May 17, 2012 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:10 pm

Theforeigner wrote:

At 9:25 into this video there is a mugshot of Richard J Hirschfield from 1975:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6zAoridW0o

48 hours mystery - The Sweetheart Murders Part 3

Thanks Foreigner, I wonder what he looks like clean-shaven. He definitely had a round looking face.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Hirschfield was convicted in 1975 of sex crimes and sent to prison. If this guy was Z, that could explain a lack of letters after 1974. I wonder if he was in prison or out of the bay area in 72-73 when Z went silent.
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 Aaaaaa10
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:09 pm

There is a book on The Sweetheart Murders. I just ordered a copy, if anyone else is interested here's the link to Amazon. There are quite a few very positive reviews on the book.

BetterWorldBooks.com also has great prices on books so if your looking to save a little money you might try there.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/097416030X/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:42 pm

bentley wrote:

Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 Berry10
I wonder,does he look at all like the Berryessa sketch if this guy had a haircut and shave?
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 5:14 pm

morf13 wrote:
I wonder,does he look at all like the Berryessa sketch if this guy had a haircut and shave?

The eyebrows look good.

I was having a look at this so called code or whatever it is. Just having a fiddle and some thoughts and assumptions (posh for guesses) at what it might be.

First off I wondered if they were initials for place names. Started with Davis and found these others near by and within a radius of something lol. May have been his stalking area or may have attacked or attempted attacks. There are probably place names that could replace some here that have more relevance to this guy's history but this is a starting point

D W A R E P J A S W

DAVIS

WOODLAND

ARDEN ARCADE

ROCKLIN

ELK GROVE

PLACERVILLE

JACKSON

AUBURN

SACREMENTO

WESTPOINT

Secondly just doing the old stare and wait technique I though I could see this in it with a little re-arranging of the end letters.

D W A R E P J A S W

D W A R E J S A W P

D W A R E J SAW P

D W A R E JIGSAW PUZZLE

Next something that jumped out at me when I was considering the acronym approach as mentioned on page 1 by Seagull. The code contains the J,A,S together which could stand for John And Sabrina.

D W A R E P J A S W
D.W.A.R.E.P.JOHN AND SABRINA.W

Ok more stare and wait stuff. Looking through bleery eyes I mistook the E for an F then realised the code wasn't too far away from the words dwarf and chasm

D W A R E P J A S W
D W A R F C H A S M

Only thing found so far is Mercer Caverns which is near Stockton. They have a cave formation called the Twin Dwarfs. Now there are the Black Chasm Cavern's at Volcano near pine ridge and west point and the same system may stretch down as far as Angel's Camp as it is listed there as well but the one in Volcano is listed as a National Landmark so I presume it's the main one and the entrance.

Just some thoughts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 5:29 pm

scratch That looks like a wig Shocked and his faceshell hair Neutral looks glue on.
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Thank you KeySmith for saving me from double posting lol. Very Happy

Ok , did a quick comp of the composites, fake wig and all, or whatever that thing is.

Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 Comp-c10

Just to show first what I meant about the eyebrows. Those are the lines in green. Made the first one from the older pic of RH and then copied it and placed it over the other images. Notice the right eyebrow seems to sit higher from his young to his old pic, seems like quite a permanent feature. The copied line matched exactly to the Berryessa comp. It's not too far off on Z if you want to consider that the right eyebrow is higher although Z's lack that sharp downturn but then he is just a sketch.

The next thing is the eyes. It appears that RH's left eye has always been slightly more closed than his right. There is some possible evidence of this in the composites where you see a heavier, but more importantly, curved crease. The crease below an open, or more open, eye is more curved.

This appears in both photos of RH and in the composite. The more blurry version of the LB comp, despite it's simplicity, appears to recreate this by not putting any crease under the right eye.

Finally...

The nose/noses. (red lines)

They are all off centre/crooked. All to the right. All to the same angle, allowing of course for the fact that it's a mix of photos and comps. Comps are never going to be so good that it's something amazing if things line up exactly. It's more by chance than anything but what is important, I think , is that there are matches in things that you could imagine being important little details mentioned by witnesses. No that eyebrow was higher or his nose wasn't straight, it bent to the right. Of course they are also key features so that helps too lol.

So does this all mean anything? no Idea.

What I found interesting is the little details like the nose. There has been much discussion about how the Stine comp has disproportionate alignments in the features. It does but I've suddenly wondered if it's because the actual face was that way. If I were doing a comp sketch and someone said the nose bent to the right. If it wasn't my usual style to put bridges on noses then all I could do would be move the tip to the right a little because it's the only thing I've drawn.

RH's comp with straight nose and guidelines.

Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 Rh-com10
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Back to top Go down
onewhoknows
Chief
onewhoknows

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:06 pm

I'm sorry Traveller Who is that in the final sketch ?
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
traveller1st

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Well I assumed it was RH. It was in the CBS documentary for a brief few seconds.
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:25 pm

bentley wrote:

I'm almost afraid to say this. This one almost favors Ted Kaczynski.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:36 pm

Trav, thanks for all of you work with the photo comparisons, etc. Is it your overall opinion that Hirschfield is a close match to the Berryessa sketch? Personally, I think if he had a haircut and shave, he WOULD look similar to that Berryessa sketch. If we could get out hands on arrests records,booking sheets, etc for him, we might find his shoe sz, etc. I really want to see where RH was during the 72-74 years when Z didnt write any letters.
Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 6:15 pm

Just a wacky thought - didn't Joseph DeLouise state that he sensed some letters like r-o-t-h and the word "field" had something to do with the Zodiac? Rich Hirschfield isn't far off!
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 6:41 pm

There are some articles about what the psychic, Joseph DeLouise, said here at this site-

https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t541-vallejo-library-articles-1970

And Tracers posted a few pages of DeLouise's book towards the bottom of the thread here-

http://zodiackiller.21.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3010&sid=13e52399e0db3f3df764ca206f46796b
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:23 am

I am in the process of getting Hirschfield's Senior yearbook photo from 1967. I hope to have it this upcoming week.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Here is Richard Hirschfield's Senior HS photo from 1967:
Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 Rs_bmp10Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 Berry_19
Seagull is reading a book about Hirschfield's murders, and she is of the opinion that he has no connections to the Zodiac case. She may very well be right. The date of his 1980 murders,the background of his Family in Riverside,his initials, and the taunting code/letter sent to the victim's mom, may all be yet another case of Zyncronicity. Either way, it's hard to say he does not somewhat resemble the sketch made by the Berryessa girls
Back to top Go down
duckking2001
Lieuntenant
duckking2001

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Yeah, a 20 year old guy at BRS and LHR is maybe possible.... but a 17 year old for the Riverside murder seems really unlikely to me, IMO.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:27 pm

duckking2001 wrote:
Yeah, a 20 year old guy at BRS and LHR is maybe possible.... but a 17 year old for the Riverside murder seems really unlikely to me, IMO.

17 may be too young (although I think her killer likely was at least 18, but not much older). Plus, I think Hirschfield definitely would have had a hard time getting from the northern CA area to Riverside at that age if he had a car. He could have had Family there still,but its a reach.

Last edited by morf13 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:21 am

The reason I think that Hirschfield wasn't Zodiac is because he began a relationship with a woman, Beth, in 1969 and they moved in with each other that year. Her father even helped Hirschfield get a job as a sheetmetal worker. They had a pretty good relationship until December 1972 when Hirschfield asked her to marry him, she declined but they continued living together until she went on a business trip in 1974 and met another man. It was at this time that she broke up with Hirschfield. It was in 1974 that he began unraveling. He threatened to kill the other man and rape his now ex-girlfriend. In 1975 he was arrested and convicted for raping and robbing a woman in Mountain View CA. He served five years in prison at Vacaville before being released.

While Hirschfield may have had hatred towards couples his hatred did not begin until long after the Zodiac crimes.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:54 am

Good info, thanks Seagull
Back to top Go down
duckking2001
Lieuntenant
duckking2001

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:20 am

To play the devil's advocate- maybe he was doing just fine as the Z until 1974 and then when his personal life went to hell he started cracking up too and committing the kind of crimes that he got caught for.

When did they move in together, was it before or after the Stine murder? If it was after you got an excuse for why the killings stopped, but the letters continued.

Not very likely. I don't think we are going to have a lot of luck with a guy who has a signature that isn't the same as Zodiac's, and anyone who does would have already have been caught for that and thus would have most likely been found out to be Z.

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 9:42 am

The good thing is, if they wanted to look into him for any Z involvement, they have his prints & DNA so he could be ruled out pretty fast
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:09 am

duckking2001 wrote:
To play the devil's advocate- maybe he was doing just fine as the Z until 1974 and then when his personal life went to hell he started cracking up too and committing the kind of crimes that he got caught for.

When did they move in together, was it before or after the Stine murder? If it was after you got an excuse for why the killings stopped, but the letters continued.

Not very likely. I don't think we are going to have a lot of luck with a guy who has a signature that isn't the same as Zodiac's, and anyone who does would have already have been caught for that and thus would have most likely been found out to be Z.

Exactly when in 1969 that Hirschfield and Beth started living together is not specified in the book. Most relationships where couples end up living with each other do take take a few weeks or months to get to the moving in together stage and that time is usually a positive time in the relationship so I don't know why Hirschfield would have anything against couples strong enough to want to kill during that period. That senario is certainly not set in stone but does seem typical to me.

Serial killers tend to escalate the intensity and frequency of their crimes as time goes on. When Beth did break up with Hirschfield he went out and raped and robbed but did not kill the victim. For a serial killer to regress like that is unusual. Zodiac was an unusual serial killer though as he seemed to get just as much satisfaction from writing the letters as he did killing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richard J Hirschfield   Richard J Hirschfield - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Richard J Hirschfield
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: