Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More on Don Bujok

Go down 
+20
Boilermaker
Luke68
rand
In Bonus Fides
zodio
tracers
Cremcraw
bentley
Zamantha
AK Wilks
StitchMallone
Zero
Theforeigner
Quagmire
tahoe27
Seagull
Nin
Jem
Azazel
morf13
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Gone fishing!

Last edited by Kevin B on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:52 pm

Kevin B wrote:
More on Bujok:

I spoke to another man today in Roundup, Montana that knew Don Bujok. His name is Monty. He owned a lumber yard in the late 70’s early 80’s and Don would come in for supplies on jobs he would do. As I told you before Don Bujok did odd jobs. He would repair windows, fix doors, fix roofs….. Many ex-cons do this as no one will hire them, so they start their own handyman businesses.
What I did learn is that Monty thought at first Don was dimwitted but soon found him to be intelligent and very well opinionated and well read. He described his speech just like what you heard in the Zodiac movie. He demonstrated for me. It was similar to what you hear in the Zodiac movie when he calls the police. But not like what I heard of Gaik or Edwards. He said his voice could be raspy…..

I asked him what his walk was like and he said, ‘He walked with a limp and Monty thought he had a gimpy leg or something.’ I found that very interesting. I explained to him that Officer Fouke who had possibly seen Zodiac described his walk as a shuffling lope and he said, ‘Don would walk with his head down and the walk was more of a limp to him….

Monty said, ‘he wore glasses just like Buddy Holly, you know the thick black ones.’ He told me that Don had a beat up house in an old Mining Camp; it was house #3. He was a loner; the kind of guy no one wanted to associate with. In his later years he always wore a cap and was always unshaven. He was not married, no kids from what he knew. He said don grew more strange as he grew older and was very opinionated. Don Bujok did smoke….

I asked about other things as well but it seems the people I have spoken to thus far are more acquaintances than friends. I would like to find that person but it seems this man may have been his own only friend…..

Wow keep digging! Would love to see pics of him with glasses. If you are able to, perhaps you may be brave enough to find known and confirmed friends of his, or if he had no friedns, maybe people that helped him with odd jobs. Maybe even reach out to a relative. I would be honest and tell them how and why Don;s name came up and that you would like to rule him out as Zodiac. A relative may be willing and able to help you do this, and maybe supply you with more answers and photos. Since he is dead, you dont have to worry about being sued.

So far, wears glasses, walks with a weird walk, wrote letters to the editor,shot a man to death, and was prison buddies with guys (Valentine & Edwards)that lived in the Vallejo area and/or talked about knowing who z was. Raise your hands if this guy deserves more research cheers
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Lieuntenant
Azazel

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 6:11 am

There are alot of interesting POI:s around. But I have to say that my gut feeling about Bujok is the strongest so far.
Not that it means much more than just a strong gut feeling perhaps..=)
Im starting to wonder.. Lets say that Edwards was the Zodiac or that Edwards and Bujok was the Zodiac team, would he really mention that in a published book? That would be read by alot of people that would have connected the "Deer lodge,guy interested in egyptian litterature, collecting slaves for his afterlife etc" and the Zodiac?Remember that he was on that tv-show and did alot of promotion for the book and the fact that he had metamorphed...
It would have been a big gamble mentioning a character fitting the Zodiacs persona merely 3 years after Stines murder.
Perhaps he wanted the thrill... But I get the feeling that it would have been toooo close even for Zodiac to taunt the police that way...
After what?, 26 written communications (Graysmith reference?) the Zodiiac never seemed to have gotten the police even one step further to pinpointing who the Zodiac was. I wished someone could get in contact with Dryman before the last of the trio is dead.
Soo, Kevin perhaps? Morf have set the example previous with for example MLZ and Owen.. (right?)
I think that kind of actions is extremely important to a case that police have buried along time ago.
Soon alot of people that might have some answers and information is going to be dead. Some already are, and was never interviewed by the police.

40 years later we find this BOO-yak guy, that actually fit both description and perhaps the persona of the Zodiac.
He even got a car that matches tire impressions and the fact that the car might had 4 different tires. (since he was...poor?)
I believe one of his sisters was very good at sewing.She belonged to some organizations. I read some articles about her when searching for articles on Don. My memory might wander sometimes though.=) He could have picked up some sewing skills hanging around his older sister. The "needed" sewing skill though is debated. Even I sew sometimes. It isn´t pretty but it gets the job done...=)
I wonder if the police ever got a tip on Bujok? And if they actually checked him out or not?
Perhaps everybody thought that Edwards since he was a criminal he obviously was lying?
Perhaps Edwards never thought that Bujok was the Zodiac? Perhaps he thought the guy never got paroled even.

Is there any possibility to check what kind of cars his relatives at the time had?
And furthermore, Kevin, could you ask if he had the kind of acne scars that K.Johns mentioned? Though Im not sure that she was a victim for sure it could be interesting at least. The white chevy with kids clothes certainly dont match Bujoks personal life.
And Kevin, since you seem to be on a roll, perhaps try and take contact with people around Mine Road? There are a possibility that some of them are still alive. (People that had contact with Bujok.).

Again I wonder if someone could try and get in contact with Billings Gazette? Perhaps they have kept files as the chronicle did/does.
Perhaps Bujok wrote to other newspapers also though perhaps he never got "published".

Kevin, could you ask who Bujoks friends were prior to the murder and sentence?
A childhood firend could perhaps be alive. And perhaps could share some light about if Bujok was as Edwards described.

Anyway, great work. I wished I could be in Roundup, MT right now and ask around.
And the reason I dont get in contact with for example Dryman and relatives of Bujok and etc is because firstly I live in Sweden.
Secondly, since my english isn´t that great its kind of hard to formulate myself.
And thirdly, I dont have the same investigating skills as for example Kevin.

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 6:58 am

Some good points Azazel. I love to see ALL suspects & POI's looked at, and ruled in or out as possible Z suspects. I have to say, there are some very very interesting things about Bujok (and Dryman and Edwards).

*The fact that Zodiac mentioned DEER LODGE (there is a possibility that it was something else that sounded like Deer Lodge), and that these 3 guys served time there for violent crimes.

*The fact that Bujok was a prolific letter writer to his newspaper editor

*The fact Dryman lived in both Napa & Vallejo

*The fact that Edwards would be convicted years later of killing a couple on a lovers lane

All is interesting stuff, and makes me scratch my head, because I think there could be more to it, but I cant put my finger on it. But also, Bujok(unless it is proven that he had Family in Vallejo or visited there alot)wouldnt know his way around the various back roads of Vallejo, Napa, etc. Would he know the Berryessa area? I think if Bujok was involved in anyway, shape, or form, he would have likely had an accomplice. Who better than Dryman/Valentine, who lived in the area?

I would love to see Kevin reach out to him in prison and try to get some solid answers.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Lieuntenant
Azazel

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:13 am

By the way, it seems there have been a couple of floodings in Musselshell/Roundup Montana.
Anyone that look at the date of the Zodiac flooded letter and check if there were any floodings at that time?
I know I searched earlier but didn´t find anything. But unfortunatly that doesn´t mean there wasn´t any. Only that I am a crappy searcher.. haha
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:27 pm

Kevin, I would also like to suggest that you do a FOIA request for Bujok's military records, and his FBI records. Also, Bujok died on 10/28/93....you should contact his local library to see if you could find his obituary which may give you more clues about possible relatives in CA. There are some Bujok's in CA, but mostly in southern CA- maybe you can get names of any of his brothers or sisters.

His Father was FRANK BUJOK, and his mothers maiden name was Agnes Zulevic- still think that sounds alot like ZODIAC.

Could this be a niece or cousin????

Name: Agnes K Zulevic
Birth: 11 Sep 1968
Residence: 1935-1993 - Mountain View, CA

Same name as his Mom, and Mountain View is about 38 miles from San fran if it is the Mountain View in Santa Clara County...there is also one in San Bernardino....either one interests me since Kathleen Johns was driving up from that area.

There was an EVA ZULEVIC that died in Alameda County in 1986, also some people with that last name in in Tracy, CA (not far from Johns attack), San Mateo area, and Sacramento areas, and San Jose areas. If any of these were his mom's direct relatives, that would be of great interest.
Back to top Go down

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Thanks Morph! conductors punch.    More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:09 pm

. I'm waiting for his Army records...

Last edited by Kevin B on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:04 am

I have a researcher in the bay area doing some research work for me. They found a directory listing during the Zodiac years in the bay area for someone with the last name BUJOK. Although it is not Don Bujok, it may be a relative which would be of interest. They are mailing me (by snail mail) all of the info so I hope to post it by Monday or Tuesday. Then perhaps some genealogy research can verify if this is a direct relative of Bujok.
Back to top Go down
Jem
Lieuntenant

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:39 am

Kevin B wrote:
Thank you so much for your help on the research info. Here's another tid-bit. Before Donald Lee Bujok went into prison in 1957 he was employed by a local railroad company as a laboror. I find it interesting because one of the letters (card- peek-through-the-pines) Zodiac wrote, he used a conductors punch to decorate it.... He I'm sure would have had access to one. I also find it interesting that he was a member of a family that worked the mines and later lived at # 3 mine the rest of his life. They had small houses built there for the workers and they were later sold as cheap housing. that would mean he may of known explosives to some degree. I'm waiting for his Army records...

Kevin, is it confirmed that Z used a conductor's punch or is that just your educated opinion? Also, was it a contemporary conductor's punch or an older model? And do you know whether a conductor's punch would be difficult to get a hold of for someone who didn't work for a railroad?

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 9:45 am

morf13 wrote:
I have a researcher in the bay area doing some research work for me. They found a directory listing during the Zodiac years in the bay area for someone with the last name BUJOK. Although it is not Don Bujok, it may be a relative which would be of interest. They are mailing me (by snail mail) all of the info so I hope to post it by Monday or Tuesday. Then perhaps some genealogy research can verify if this is a direct relative of Bujok.

Karel Bujok, lived in San Fran during the Z murders, has also lived in southern CA (not sure what years), and also has lived in PARADISE VALLEY, AZ. I believe Karel is a guy but trying to verify. Would have been age 29 during Z murders. Trying to find a birth record for them see if they are from MT or if they are related to Don Bujok.

In 1968, Karel Bujok worked at a place called Touche, Ross, Bailey,& Smart in San Fran. Anyone familiar with that company?
Here is a link about their company, but what they are talking bout in the link is all greek to me.
http://www.jstor.org/pss/167207

And another link to the company:
http://www.palgrave-journals.com/jors/journal/v12/n2/abs/jors196110a.html

Anyone know what kind of company this is or what they did?
Back to top Go down
Nin
Chief
Nin

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:30 pm

morf13 wrote:
morf13 wrote:

Karel Bujok, lived in San Fran during the Z murders, has also lived in southern CA (not sure what years), and also has lived in PARADISE VALLEY, AZ. I believe Karel is a guy but trying to verify. Would have been age 29 during Z murders. Trying to find a birth record for them see if they are from MT or if they are related to Don Bujok.

In 1968, Karel Bujok worked at a place called Touche, Ross, Bailey,& Smart in San Fran. Anyone familiar with that company?
Here is a link about their company, but what they are talking bout in the link is all greek to me.

Accounting.

-Nin
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Morf

I found this mention of Touche, Ross, Bailey & Smart in the Oakland Tribune on the business page. Sept. 19, 1961 page 37. Looks like they were an accounting firm.

More on Don Bujok Toucherubinsbaileysmart

NIN beat me to it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
Nin
Chief
Nin

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:34 pm

George D. Bailey was a practitioner who was active in the profession. He founded one of the three firms which merged, and which, with additional mergers, would become Touche Ross & Co., a predecessor firm to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu. He served on many professional committees, including the Committee on Accounting Procedure, and was president for a year of the American Institute of Accountants (now the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants). Some of the issues he dealt with are still the subject of discussion today within the accounting profession.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/article/Academy-Accounting-Financial-Studies-Journal/229067856.html

Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu:

http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_US/us/Services/index.htm

With the added strength of the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited member firm network, the U.S. firm offers global, integrated solutions to a who’s-who list of satisfied clients. Combining insight and innovation from multiple disciplines and industries, we help great organizations excel, no matter where they are in the world. For our audit and assurance clients we offer only those services that are compatible with what is permitted by our regulators and standard setters, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Government Accountability Office (GAO) and various other state and local regulatory bodies.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Thanks for that
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:42 pm

morf13 wrote:
morf13 wrote:

This was their address in 1968-
2020 Bancroft Way Berkeley I am still looking for the years of 69-74 for this possible relative of Bujok. But this address is less than one mile from the possible Zodiac attack on Telegrah ave. described here-
http://www.zodiackiller.com/mba/opzv/820.html

and here-
http://www.zodiackiller.com/mba/csabh/262.html

To quote Howard Davis, "The 1968 incident on Telegraph AV. in Berkeley(see posts)when two girls' VW was disabled( by pulling the middle distributor wire) and a stranger approaching them to offer'assistance"

"The Berekely '68 Telegraph AV scenario resembles both elements of the Bates and Johns incidents.
I can't find anywhere what kind,if any,of car he was driving.
He simply 'suddenly approaches' the girls and asks them if they wanted a "lift" and they 'pointed to their VW at the curb' and said "that's it."
When they were at a snack shop about 40 minutes later and finished eating,they tried to start their car ,but it didn't respond and the same 'stocky'(GS)man('about 25-40'with brown hair)appears and offers to help push start the VW.
When the witness to this story arrives he sees one of the girls steering and the man pushing the car.He comes up to help and the stranger rages as he storms off!
When the witness looked under the trunk lid he found the 'middlewire of the distributer had been pulled out.'
The witness told Avery that the PD report may have the strangers license plate number in it.This our only indication he had a car,but it's only an inference at this point.
Why the man wasn't questioned more carefully and asked to assist with a composite I have no idea.
I wish those females would come forward some day!
Supposedly, the two girls filed a PD report,but searches have not revealed it.Since it was November '70 when the man came to Avery with his story and the incident took place in '68 ,it may have been cleaned out.
GS says there was a person claiming to be Zodiac call the Chronicle 12 days after the November '70 story appeared saying ,"City desk, don't bother with general rewrite[newspaper jargon],this is the Zodiac and it's the last time I am going to call."; but, he leaves out that the original incident happened some two years before leaving one with the impression the event took place recently and then 12 days later Z makes a call,etc..
It's my understanding that Avery tried to find more information, but was unsuccessful.
Sorry I went into detail,but it was for others that may not have known about the story.Maybe someone will get or has information.
Maybe the local paper/s carried the story in '68 and/or in '70
. "

Last edited by morf13 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:52 pm

morf13 wrote:
Karel Bujok: ...."and also has lived in PARADISE VALLEY, AZ.

An hour away from Frank Valentine/Dryman. Smile
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:55 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
morf13 wrote:
Karel Bujok: ...."and also has lived in PARADISE VALLEY, AZ.

An hour away from Frank Valentine/Dryman. Smile

Wow, didnt realize it was that close. wow
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:55 pm

Figured I would add Bujok's prison sheet here. If anybody gets their hands on documentation that Bujok was parolled on 12/27/68, please post it here, thanks. Also, if anybody gets a pic of him with glasses, please post it here.

More on Don Bujok Bujok110
More on Don Bujok Bujok210
More on Don Bujok Bujok310
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:31 am

Verified with 100% certainty that Bujok had a Aunt/Uncle in Downey, CA in 1968. But Downey is in southern CA, so certainly not a smoking gun
Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:08 am

Good work Morf.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:33 pm

One or more of these are relatives of Bujok. Frank definitely is his Dad. ANd I believe Agnes Mae and Rose Marie are his mother & aunt or vice versa. His mother's maiden name was ZULEVIC. Goin nuts trying to see if she had any Vallejo area Family. I know there was an Agnes Zulevic in the bay area in the 1960's, a niece possibly??? Not sure how to find out.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GSfn=&GSmn=&GSln=bujok&GSbyrel=all&GSby=&GSdyrel=all&GSdy=&GScntry=0&GSst=0&GSgrid=&df=all&GSob=n

In July, 1968, Don Bujok's Grandfather, Simon Zulevic died. In his obit, one of his Daughters, Wilma Cramer (the aunt of Don Bujok, and sister of Don's Mom) was living in Downey, CA. The ancestry clues may lead to Vallejo or may be a dead end.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:03 pm

morf13 wrote:
One or more of these are relatives of Bujok. Frank definitely is his Dad. ANd I believe Agnes Mae and Rose Marie are his mother & aunt or vice versa. His mother's maiden name was ZULEVIC. Goin nuts trying to see if she had any Vallejo area Family. I know there was an Agnes Zulevic in the bay area in the 1960's, a niece possibly??? Not sure how to find out.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GSfn=&GSmn=&GSln=bujok&GSbyrel=all&GSby=&GSdyrel=all&GSdy=&GScntry=0&GSst=0&GSgrid=&df=all&GSob=n

In July, 1968, Don Bujok's Grandfather, Simon Zulevic died. In his obit, one of his Daughters, Wilma Cramer (the aunt of Don Bujok, and sister of Don's Mom) was living in Downey, CA. The ancestry clues may lead to Vallejo or may be a dead end.

Becoming clearer...BUJOK APPEARS TO HAVE HAD FAMILY IN THE BAY AREA IN 1968. In 1968, a relative of his had a son born in MountainView, CA. I believe this is in Santa Clara County, not far from Pleasanton/Livermore, the areas in which a few of Zodiac's letetrs were postmarked from.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 4:21 pm

I am communicating with a relative of Don Bujok. Seems Don's Mom had a sister that lived in the SF bay area in the 1960's. Trying to get a bit more info together, and when I hear back from them, I will post.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Donald Bujok's obituary:
More on Don Bujok Donald10
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Great find morf!

I like "youthful mistake".

Turned to god in his dying days...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More on Don Bujok Empty
PostSubject: Re: More on Don Bujok   More on Don Bujok Empty

Back to top Go down

More on Don Bujok
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next