Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:33 am

Haven't seen any threads on this guy, so here go's. His name is T----- B----- and was a freelance photographer for a Fairfield newspaper. He took photos at the LHR crime scene. It was how fast he arrived on the crime scene that caught my attention. Here's a link to an interview I'm sure alot of you have already seen. http://www.zodiackiller.com/FairfieldArticle2.html
and here's him at 1:36 in CCF Zodiac on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St-u8Tr655k&feature=youtube_gdata_player
For me he has a barrel chest? and may have fitted the physical decription back in 69?......I also noticed there was something about his voice? I believe basic training is between 6 & 8 weeks, not certain. The school he worked at in 2003 was Dr James.J.Hogan high school in Vallejo,again not 100% on that. What do you guy's think? Is early 20's too young? Quote "What I'm doing now is the most awesome thing."


Last edited by Extrachewyy on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : LEGAL)
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:47 am

He would have been 21-22 in 1969, that is 4 to 5 years younger than even the youngest descriptions of age, 25 to 30.

Also, he started a 4 year stint in the Air Force in January 1969. He would have to do Basic then his MOS school, so that would pretty much very likely rule him out for 7/4/69, and unless he was then stationed in California he would be ruled out for the following letters and murders.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:55 am

Given the discrepancies between the witnesses description of Z's age. I personally don't have a problem with this guys age(just my opinion). I would agree his history in the Air Force is the information needed. Was he back in time for BRS, where was he assigned, when and why did he leave and was he really ever in the Air Force? We only have his word for all of this? I'm not sure he can be ruled out without a little more information.
Back to top Go down
Luke68
Lieuntenant
avatar

Posts : 276
Join date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:43 am

As a freelance photographer today, scanning police radio frequencies is key to the job. Was it done back in the sixties? If so, that could explain his quick arrival at the scene.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:31 am

Yep, in the interview he says he heard the dispatch. So I guess he had some sought of scanner/radio. I still think he got there pretty quick(less than 22minutes). He also did have a legitimate reason for being there, but I'm not sure that puts him out of the picture. Sounds just like the sought of thing a serial killer might do?.........It would be pretty brazen, taking photos of a bunch of cops standing over one of your victims. Seriously though I see nothing to indicate he isn't Z, I think every person at each crime seen needs to be eliminated before looking further afield.
Back to top Go down
Luke68
Lieuntenant
avatar

Posts : 276
Join date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:38 am

His wording in the interview: "I'd already done one thing," is an interesting choice.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:55 am

Yes, he did it twice. You think it was just the journalist being intentionally provocative when choosing what he put in his article?
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : No. California

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:28 am

Luke68 wrote:
As a freelance photographer today, scanning police radio frequencies is key to the job. Was it done back in the sixties? If so, that could explain his quick arrival at the scene.

Back in the day they monitored the police radio frequencies. A pre-tuned crystal was needed to monitor a particular frequency. A frequency is a specific point in the radio spectrum and each police and fire department was assigned a particular frequency that only they could broadcast on. To monitor multiple frequencies you would need multiple pre-tuned crystals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
13Zebra5
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 95
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 102
Location : The Great Western Frontier, far west of the Pecos River

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:12 am

Seagull wrote:
Luke68 wrote:
As a freelance photographer today, scanning police radio frequencies is key to the job. Was it done back in the sixties? If so, that could explain his quick arrival at the scene.

Back in the day they monitored the police radio frequencies. A pre-tuned crystal was needed to monitor a particular frequency. A frequency is a specific point in the radio spectrum and each police and fire department was assigned a particular frequency that only they could broadcast on. To monitor multiple frequencies you would need multiple pre-tuned crystals.

Yep, and I had one as a kid, made by Regency. You'd go to Radio Shack or wherever and get the crystal, housed in a laterally compressed silver-colored plastic cube with two metal legs, and plug it into the circuit board. My scanner had ten slots, which was more than enough for me as a kid in Sacto. ...Sac Sheriff north and south channels, Sac PD north and downtown, south, detectives. County fire dispatch, city fire dispatch, CHP gold (then covering all of Sacramento county). Then I had one for Marin Sheriff for when we went down to Sam P Taylor to camp, etc, and one other space I rotated in different crystals. Big ol' radio--weighed about 5 lbs.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
avatar

Posts : 2920
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Lake Tahoe

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:07 pm

Seagull wrote:
Luke68 wrote:
As a freelance photographer today, scanning police radio frequencies is key to the job. Was it done back in the sixties? If so, that could explain his quick arrival at the scene.

Back in the day they monitored the police radio frequencies. A pre-tuned crystal was needed to monitor a particular frequency. A frequency is a specific point in the radio spectrum and each police and fire department was assigned a particular frequency that only they could broadcast on. To monitor multiple frequencies you would need multiple pre-tuned crystals.

The reporter who found the phone in Napa was also using a scanner if I am not mistaken. David's car (Dad's car) also had a CB radio.

******

Since I'm not 100% convinced LHR was Zodiac, I would rule out anyone because of age. Besides, I really don't think age should be a sole factor to rule someone out. I know of people who are 20 and look 35 and vice-versa...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Thought I'd add some "out there" connections Laughing
Here's a camera, not sure of the year of this model?
http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/009j4m

Here's a movie I watched the other night which made me think of this guy!.....it's a pretty good movie regardless Very Happy
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054167/?mode=desktop

(I have removed my keddie conspiracy theory because he didn't live there. The search result putting him there appears to have given a false posative.)


Last edited by Extrachewyy on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Extrachewyy wrote:
Thought I'd add some "out there" connections Laughing
Here's a camera, not sure of the year of this model?
http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/009j4m

Here's a movie I watched the other night which made me think of this guy!.....it's a pretty good movie regardless Very Happy
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054167/?mode=desktop

Now a conspiracy theory bounce Ever heard of cabin 28? This guy lived in Keddie at some point, although I'm not sure when?......I see no reason the cabin 28 murders couldn't have been committed buy one person?......ps: the last victim was found at Feather Falls, sound familiar?.......the current population of Keddie is 66, seems to me very few people have ever lived there?

Certainly a possibility that Zodiac was a camera lover. There is a little cross hair thingy that they lie on the ground (i have seen them at crime scenes)that is sort of a guide for centering the photo...a marker of some sort.

Speaking of guys with a camera...when I was looking at every person in the Riverside yearbooks circa 1966, I found this guy with initials R.H. (I have edited out his name here)


By the way, is that a widow's peak I see?
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief


Posts : 649
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:08 pm

Yep notice the widows peak right away so that is a yes for me. By the way he looks like that nerd who use to play in 80's movies. He played in the original Bad Boys with Sean Penn.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:42 pm

Sure that's an "R" and not a "B"?
If you like the cross hair, you should watch the movie "Peeping Tom". He films his murders with a fullscreen crosshair pov......also he gets off by "peeping" on couples making out!
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : No. California

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:00 am

Extrachewyy wrote:
Sure that's an "R" and not a "B"?
If you like the cross hair, you should watch the movie "Peeping Tom". He films his murders with a fullscreen crosshair pov......also he gets off by "peeping" on couples making out!

It is a B, his name was probably Robert but he was called Bob, would be my guess!
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:16 am

Extrachewyy wrote:
Sure that's an "R" and not a "B"?
If you like the cross hair, you should watch the movie "Peeping Tom". He films his murders with a fullscreen crosshair pov......also he gets off by "peeping" on couples making out!

His name is BOB (Robert),so it is indeed RH
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:18 am

I got a PM asking if this guy could be the mystery guy in the unidentified pic standing next to Darlene:



Personally, I dont see it. I mean they may be able to pass for Brothers, but I dont see a match, looks like a different hairline to me(widows peak on the guy with the camera, but not the guy with Darlene)....anyone else? Plus, wasnt the concensus that it was actually Crabtree?
Back to top Go down
13Zebra5
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 95
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 102
Location : The Great Western Frontier, far west of the Pecos River

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:05 am

I'm a natural skeptic, but I see a strong resemblance. And what looks like a widow's peak could be a lock of hair falling down across the forehead. The usual caveat would be that all white guys from that time period looked very similar to each other, unless they were hippies or bikers.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:32 pm

For me the hairline is very different........what is that on Bob's wrist, is it a watch worn faceing inwards?
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief


Posts : 649
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:36 pm

I don't see it and think the guy with the camera looks a lot shorter also and too bad the camera wasn't there it would be easy to compare. Who ever sent the tip good thinking though.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:39 pm

StitchMallone wrote:
I don't see it and think the guy with the camera looks a lot shorter also and too bad the camera wasn't there it would be easy to compare. Who ever sent the tip good thinking though.

For me it looks like different hairlines, although, I guess different hairstyles could look different. I dont think the height of BOB can be accurately estimates since you cant see his bottom half, and there is nothing near him to use for reference.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:43 pm

There's probably another pic of him in the yearbook. Since we know his name, maybe someone can check out his graduation pic. Hopefully, there isn't another camera stuck in front of his face.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:44 pm

thebigZ wrote:
There's probably another pic of him in the yearbook. Since we know his name, maybe someone can check out his graduation pic. Hopefully, there isn't another camera stuck in front of his face.

There actually is NOT another pic of him. The photo is from the 1966 Riverside college yearbook, but the caption makes it sound as if he is in High School, but deserves to be in the College yearbook, based on his efforts with the college yearbooks, I could be wrong, either way he is getting ready to graduate from college or High School. His name is a VERY common name, which makes him hard to pinpoint. The guy was born 1948 at the latest(if he is actually graduating highschool), or 1944 at the earliest (if he is graduating college). The guy is shown on one page in the 1966 RCC yearbook, but is NOT in the 1964 or 1965 RCC yearbook.

I found one that was living in Vacaville, near Vallejo, he was born in 1944. None of the other ones line up in that year range. And another living in Riverside County born in that same year range.





Last edited by morf13 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief


Posts : 649
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:55 pm

morf13 wrote:
StitchMallone wrote:
I don't see it and think the guy with the camera looks a lot shorter also and too bad the camera wasn't there it would be easy to compare. Who ever sent the tip good thinking though.

For me it looks like different hairlines, although, I guess different hairstyles could look different. I dont think the height of BOB can be accurately estimates since you cant see his bottom half, and there is nothing near him to use for reference.
Yea the hairline don't work for me either and yea it's hard to compare height considering both pictures but to me just looking at what I can see of Bob he doesn't give me the impression of being above average height.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:25 pm

morf13 wrote:
thebigZ wrote:
There's probably another pic of him in the yearbook. Since we know his name, maybe someone can check out his graduation pic. Hopefully, there isn't another camera stuck in front of his face.

There actually is NOT another pic of him. The photo is from the 1966 Riverside college yearbook, but the caption makes it sound as if he is in High School, but deserves to be in the College yearbook, based on his efforts with the college yearbooks, I could be wrong, either way he is getting ready to graduate from college or High School. His name is a VERY common name, which makes him hard to pinpoint. The guy was born 1948 at the latest(if he is actually graduating highschool), or 1944 at the earliest (if he is graduating college). The guy is shown on one page in the 1966 RCC yearbook, but is NOT in the 1964 or 1965 RCC yearbook.

I found one that was living in Vacaville, near Vallejo, he was born in 1944. None of the other ones line up in that year range. And another living in Riverside County born in that same year range.




I dont know if this is the same guy or not, but there is an old ZK thread which people are mentioning his name:
http://www.zodiackiller.com/discus/messages/25/104.html?1169482710
But I think they are referring to a guy with the same name from Lompoc HS 1963, not sure. If this IS the same guy that went to Lompoc HS, then to RCC in 1966, that would be real interesting. I think NACH may know if the guy being talked about in the link is the same guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?   

Back to top Go down
 
Anyone looked at [Zodiac Crime Scene Photographer]?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» *Spoiler Alert* MW3 new airport scene
» ZODIAC TIPS
» Zodiac quests string
» How do you get Zodiac mode?
» Scene tab does not show in unity 3d 4.3.2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: