Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 What's with "Page 2"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: What's with "Page 2"?   Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:14 am

While trying to answer one question, I came across this little tidbit, which only raises more questions...

Gareth Penn wrote:
...in the lone case of the 32-character cipher we have evidence from the author as to the contents. Incidentally, the number of inches "along the radians" appears on the second page of the letter, which was read to me in late December, 1980, by Captain Ken Narlow of the Napa Sheriff's Department. On that page, Z says that it is necessary to go four inches along the radian to find the "buried bomb."

and

Gareth Penn wrote:
What about the four inches we are to go along the radian to find the bomb? Z's preference is for metric, not English units. Four inches is 101.59504mm. Here's 101.59504 written to the base two (blah blah blah)...

These statements are made in the article found HERE.

What's with this "Page 2" and "four inches" stuff? Is he making this up?? I've never come across it before.

-tbz

Edit: Is it possible he's referring to the "Little List", where a hint to the Diablo Code is given on the last page? There Zodiac states that, "The Mt. Diablo Code concerns radians + # inches along the radians." Did Narlow mistake the "+" for a "4", if in fact Penn is being truthful about where he got that info?
Back to top Go down
soze
Inspector


Posts : 167
Join date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:02 pm

I think he is talking about the List letter and page 2 just as stated. I believe he is refering to the Zodiac signature crosshair symbol being the clue.

I have said this once before over at Zodiackiller.com: The crosshair symbol (especially this drawing of it) is a map in and of itself. The four sections of this crosshair represent 4 geographical coverage areas. The "SFPD = 0" is not just a score for the PD but also a location - the heart of San Francisco. The "=13" is not just a score for him but also a location - his location - Vallejo, Benicia, Sacramento etc (some location North East of the heart of San Francisco).

Now my comment above was spoke of before in the context that he was giving clues about himself. That's all I have been working on: him, his letters and the possibility that he was revealing himself within them. I do not see how Penn is getting the number 4 from page 2, unless he is counting quadrants but that doesnt make sense.

Anyway, my point in writing was just to offer my opinion as to the symbol being the clue Penn speaks of.

Soze

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:32 pm

Penn says the it's page 2 of the "Mt. Diablo Letter" as read by Ken Narlow, according to his article.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
avatar

Posts : 2920
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Lake Tahoe

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:50 pm

That's one of the things that bothers me about Penn. Lots of stuff that doesn't jibe.

There is no page 2 to the Mt. Diablo letter. No page two and no 4 inches. Regardless of Narlow, you'd like to think Penn actually looked at this himself.



(Even if you were to go 4 inches, where does that get you? How do pinpoint an exact location of something? L & L. Corny, but watch this: http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif4)
Back to top Go down
soze
Inspector


Posts : 167
Join date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:31 pm

Gareth Penn does not say the Mt. Diablo letter.

Penn: "In a letter mailed in late July, 1970, Z refers back to this letter to specify more precisely just what the content of the cipher is:


PS. The Mt. Diablo Code concerns Radians & #inches along the radians


In other words, in the lone case of the 32-character cipher we have evidence from the author as to the contents. Incidentally, the number of inches "along the radians" appears on the second page of the letter, which was read to me in late December, 1980, by Captain Ken Narlow of the Napa Sheriff's Department. On that page, Z says that it is necessary to go four inches along the radian to find the "buried bomb."

There were only two letters in July 1970 that I am aware of. The first being the Johns letter dated July 24, 1970 (one page) and the July 26, 1970 list letter (five pages). It is this letter, July 26, 1970, that Ken Narlow read to him. It is also from this letter that he says the Zodiac spelled out 4 inches.

Soze

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:47 pm

soze wrote:
Gareth Penn does not say the Mt. Diablo letter.

Penn: "In a letter mailed in late July, 1970, Z refers back to this letter to specify more precisely just what the content of the cipher is:


PS. The Mt. Diablo Code concerns Radians & #inches along the radians


In other words, in the lone case of the 32-character cipher we have evidence from the author as to the contents. Incidentally, the number of inches "along the radians" appears on the second page of the letter, which was read to me in late December, 1980, by Captain Ken Narlow of the Napa Sheriff's Department. On that page, Z says that it is necessary to go four inches along the radian to find the "buried bomb."

There were only two letters in July 1970 that I am aware of. The first being the Johns letter dated July 24, 1970 (one page) and the July 26, 1970 list letter (five pages). It is this letter, July 26, 1970, that Ken Narlow read to him. It is also from this letter that he says the Zodiac spelled out 4 inches.

Soze


Penn does indeed say it's the Mt. Diablo letter.

Quote :
The document in question is the first page of the letter in which the Zodiac killer suggested placing a radian on Mount Diablo. That page ends with a cipher written in 32 characters, which the author says contains information about a hidden bomb. In a letter mailed in late July, 1970, Z refers back to this letter to specify more precisely just what the content of the cipher is:


PS. The Mt. Diablo Code concerns Radians & #inches along the radians


In other words, in the lone case of the 32-character cipher we have evidence from the author as to the contents. Incidentally, the number of inches "along the radians" appears on the second page of the letter, which was read to me in late December, 1980, by Captain Ken Narlow of the Napa Sheriff's Department. On that page, Z says that it is necessary to go four inches along the radian to find the "buried bomb."


Why would he specify the FIRST PAGE of a ONE PAGE LETTER if it was only ONE PAGE?? You started quoting from the middle of the paragraph. Read the entire paragraph.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:00 pm

If Narlow read "4 inches along the radians" from page FIVE of the "Little List," and Penn mistook it as being part of the "Mt Diablo" letter, I can accept that there were two mistakes made. But Narlow did not "read" a picture of the Zodiac symbol (which is on page two of the Little List) to Penn.
Back to top Go down
soze
Inspector


Posts : 167
Join date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:16 pm

No. He read the whole letter.

I wish you well in your search for answers.

Soze
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:23 pm

soze wrote:
No. He read the whole letter.

I wish you well in your search for answers.

Soze

Thank you for that vague reply. If you truly believe that "4 inches" was gleaned from "4 quadrants", you need more well-wishing than I do. Does anyone else have an opinion that wants to take the time to read the article in its entirety? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
soze
Inspector


Posts : 167
Join date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:05 pm

You are welcome.

soze wrote:
I do not see how Penn is getting the number 4 from page 2, unless he is counting quadrants but that doesnt make sense.

Soze


The underlines would be a more accurate assessment of my statement and belief.

Again, I wish you well.

Soze
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:31 pm

thebigZ - Morf spoke to Mr. Narlow before he passed away, and I think Narlow told Morf that he basically thought Penn was a kook and a pain in the ass, statements that Penn made about Narlow considering him a suspect were false, that he (Narlow) did not do things that Penn says he did and that basically he (Narlow) "had to kick Penn's ass out of my office". Perhaps Morf can confirm this.

In other words, I doubt Narlow "read" Penn anything at all, in particular I would strongly doubt to the realm of absolute zero that Narlow read a heretofor top secret never released "Page 2" of the Mt. Diablo Map Code.

Penn's work is rife with mistakes and falsehoods. IMO this is one more. In other words, consider the source.

Don't know if that helps, hope it does!
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Bullitt mentioned that Penn said he met with Narlow 4 times. And as you point out Penn says Narlow "read" him the secret "page 2" of the Mt. Dibalo Map Code. This is what Morf posted a long time back at ZKF:

Regarding Bullitt's post about Penn & O'Hare, it got me thinking about how much I always thouth that Penn was a strange "character" the way he said he himself could have easily killed Bates, and how he could have done it. The way he threw himself into the Zodiac case calling himself a one time suspect. He said how Napa had him as a strong suspect. I asked Ken Narlow if it was true, and his response to me was:

"Re Gareth Penn. My partner and I had only one encounter with Gareth Penn. He came to our office one day and I'm not really sure why it's been so long. After listening to his gibberish for about an hour I think we asked him to leave as we were pretty busy. I think we gave him a cursory look but it didn't come to much"
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
avatar

Posts : 927
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 30
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:30 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
Narlow told Morf that he basically thought Penn was a kook and a pain in the ass
He is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:16 pm

Nachtsider wrote:
AK Wilks wrote:
Narlow told Morf that he basically thought Penn was a kook and a pain in the ass
He is.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like that.

And now that (at the suggestion of AK) I've considered the source, I think I'll dismiss it entirely.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Gillotti
Chief
avatar

Posts : 517
Join date : 2011-09-11
Age : 50
Location : Oakville CT

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:02 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
Bullitt mentioned that Penn said he met with Narlow 4 times. And as you point out Penn says Narlow "read" him the secret "page 2" of the Mt. Dibalo Map Code. This is what Morf posted a long time back at ZKF:

Regarding Bullitt's post about Penn & O'Hare, it got me thinking about how much I always thouth that Penn was a strange "character" the way he said he himself could have easily killed Bates, and how he could have done it. The way he threw himself into the Zodiac case calling himself a one time suspect. He said how Napa had him as a strong suspect. I asked Ken Narlow if it was true, and his response to me was:

"Re Gareth Penn. My partner and I had only one encounter with Gareth Penn. He came to our office one day and I'm not really sure why it's been so long. After listening to his gibberish for about an hour I think we asked him to leave as we were pretty busy. I think we gave him a cursory look but it didn't come to much"

HI:

where and when did Penn say the highlighted quote above... Question

Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:15 pm

Look at the Penn section here Zam relayed answers from him and he says he is a Zodiac suspect. Records show him on an army base in OK when Bates was killed but he said something like 'oh I was the company clerk I could have fabricated those records'.

_________________
MODERATOR
Back to top Go down
Daniel Gillotti
Chief
avatar

Posts : 517
Join date : 2011-09-11
Age : 50
Location : Oakville CT

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:24 pm

Hi:

I'll read it tonight, it's so long and b-----lol...

Farmer's solution to the 32 chatacter cipher is very interesting to me...

( JFK WROTE)"ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU" (32 characters)


Daniel
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:32 pm

IMO Farmer's code work has huge leaps of logic.

_________________
MODERATOR
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
avatar

Posts : 2920
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Lake Tahoe

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:13 pm

My names is ask not what you can do for your country......

Double Rolling Eyes



_________________

 "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."  ....Dr. Suess
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:26 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
My names is ask not what you can do for your country......

Double Rolling Eyes



Unless Zodiac's last name is KENNEDY Shocked That actually gets me thinking, there was a suspect in the Z police reports named JOHN OSWALD

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief


Posts : 649
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:13 pm

morf13 wrote:
tahoe27 wrote:
My names is ask not what you can do for your country......

Double Rolling Eyes



Unless Zodiac's last name is KENNEDY Shocked That actually gets me thinking, there was a suspect in the Z police reports named JOHN OSWALD
That's interesting also for the fact of the hate letter about Jack Ruby that look like Z's style and writing.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Gillotti
Chief
avatar

Posts : 517
Join date : 2011-09-11
Age : 50
Location : Oakville CT

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:06 pm

I really like this solution my Farmer. Using the Zodiac cross of 0369 and running clock wise with the 32 cipher like characters and at 6 o’clock: “JFK WROTE” : “Ask not what your country can do for you”= 32 characters…not only is that very interesting but “NOT” is underlined in the Zodiac letter and in this passage by JFK, NOT is the only word not repeated…this looks good to me. However, I think there is more to this possible solution.

With that said…I don’t agree with all of Farmers solutions but this is very clever…

All of us have to work together better. Too many cooks in the kitchen concept…I never really looked at Farmers work because he got dogged so bad, I know he’s very arrogant by the way he talks, never the less this could be a possible 1st step towards a solution.

Daniel
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
avatar

Posts : 2920
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Lake Tahoe

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:18 pm

If you want to throw JFK into the mix....look to the bomb code. The only letters that are backwards are the JFK. There is a JFK drive in Golden Gate Park.

I would think that could be the ONLY JFK connection.


_________________

 "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."  ....Dr. Suess
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief


Posts : 649
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:18 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
If you want to throw JFK into the mix....look to the bomb code. The only letters that are backwards are the JFK. There is a JFK drive in Golden Gate Park.

I would think that could be the ONLY JFK connection.

Forgot about that and want to say I am not one who subscribes to Farmers solution. I find it interesting though about the JFK letters looking similar to Zodiac's writing and style and what you just mentioned. Add the fact there was a suspect with the last name Oswald.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What's with "Page 2"?   

Back to top Go down
 
What's with "Page 2"?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» DaBigfella's Collection Update Saturday 20th June 2011 page 6
» Metallica - turn the page
» just want to be on first page
» We now have a FACEBOOK page
» Please delete my account

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Confirmed Zodiac Letters General Discussion :: 6/26/70 Zodiac "Button" letter with MAP Mailed to the SF Chronicle-
Jump to: