Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gareth Penn

Go down 
+15
AuthUser
tracers
calman
sandy betts
Quagmire
rand
mike_r
Theforeigner
morf13
tahoe27
Boilermaker
Azazel
AK Wilks
Zamantha
bentley
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

Gareth Penn - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 1:55 pm

I do wonder how much "artistic license" was allowed in creating that composite. After all, it doesn't really seem to look anything like the descriptions given by most of the Z witnesses which pointed to a stocky, brown haired guy aged about 25-30...
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Next Phase of Gareth Penn's Letter. More to come.

Appendix 3: data

There seems to be quite a bit of confusion about my whereabouts in the 1960s-1970s. For the benefit of those who find this subject exciting, here is my residential history beginning in 1947:

September 1947-August 1958: Campbell, California

September 1958-August 1962: Berkeley, California

September 1962-August 1963: Berlin, Germany

August 1963-July 1965: Berkeley, California

August-November 1965: Berlin, Germany

November-December 1965: Fort Dix, New Jersey

January 1966-October 1967: Fort Sill, Oklahoma

November 1967-June 1968: Europe (mostly Greece)

July 1968-December 1972: Berkeley, California

1973 (January-May): Vallejo, California

1973 (May-December)-1982: Napa, California

It appears that confusion is also rife concerning the residential history of my ex-wife, Mary Ann Winterrowd. We were married in December 1966; her history before that date:

1938-1960: Cincinnati, Ohio

1960-1962: Berkeley, California

1962-1963: Europe (Denmark and U.K.)

1963-1966: San Francisco, California

One topic that doesn’t seem to have gotten a lot of attention but probably should is car ownership. Here’s a time line of the Penn family surface fleet:

1958-1966: no vehicle

December 1966-October 1967: Triumph Spitfire (blue)

November 1967-March 1971: 1968 model VW beetle (white)

March 1971-May 1975: 1971 model VW campmobile (also white)

September 1972-February 1985: 1972 model Mazda pickup (red)

I married into the Spitfire, which Mary Ann had purchased in 1965, before I met her. The first automobile registered in my name was the 1968 VW beetle. I got my first driver’s license in Oklahoma in January 1967.

Just for grins, here are some biometrics:

Hair color: blond

Eye color: blue

Body type: ecto- to mesomorphic (weight in 1960s: 160-170)

Craniometry: dolichocephalic

Height: six feet

Shoe size: 12

Blood type: A negative

Fingerprints: on file with the FBI since October 1965, when I joined the Army; they received a second set when I was hired as a federal civilian employee in April 1991. As of 2010, my fingerprints have been accessible to law enforcement agencies for 45 years. In 1985, the FBI’s holdings were digitized, enabling investigators to compare an evidence fingerprint taken from the scene of a crime with all fingerprints ever recorded in the U.S., including mine.

And finally, employment history. I was employed as a teaching assistant by the University of California (Berkeley) in 1963-1965 and 1968-1970. From October 1965 to October 1967, I was a member of the U.S. Army. My only other employment during that period was at two temporary jobs in the summer of 1971, one full-time in the Department of Physiology and Anatomy at Berkeley (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) and one part-time at Delta Trucking Lines in Emeryville (7:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.). Fortunately, this arrangement lasted only three months. Mary Ann was a graduate student at Berkeley in 1960-1962, and after returning from a year in Europe (1962-1963), she was employed by the San Mateo County school district at a job in South San Francisco (1963-1966). After moving to Oklahoma in February 1967, she worked as a substitute teacher in the schools of Lawton, Oklahoma, and as a librarian in a Special Services library at Fort Sill. We were both unemployed from November 1967 until the fall of 1968, when I resumed my teaching assistantship at Berkeley, and she got a job teaching eighth-grade English in Vallejo. In the school years 1970-1971 through 1972-1973, she was not employed as a teacher but as a consultant implementing a new management program called PPBS throughout the school district; during this period, she commuted to Vallejo two or three days a week. She went back to the classroom in the fall of 1973. I was hired to work in the same city by what was then Vallejo City Library in September 1972 (VCL merged with and has been part of Solano County Library shortly thereafter).

To clear up some widespread misunderstandings, here is a bit of history concerning two of my employers, the NMFS laboratory in Tiburon and PRBO Conservation Science in Stinson Beach. A U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service laboratory known as the Tiburon Marine Laboratory was established at 3150 Paradise Drive in Tiburon in 1961. The Bureau of Commercial Fisheries, of which TML was a unit, was transferred in 1970 from the USFWS (in the Department of the Interior) into the Commerce Department and renamed National Marine Fisheries Service, part of the umbrella organization called NOAA (officially, “National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration;” unofficially, “No Organization At All”). One of the early members of the NMFS Tiburon laboratory staff was a fisheries biologist named Norman Abramson. Abramson came to NMFS from the California Department of Fish and Game. He was impressed by the CDF&G scientific library in Long Beach and began lobbying for the creation of a library and a librarian staff position at the Tiburon laboratory. His efforts were eventually crowned with success, and a professional librarian was added to the laboratory’s personnel roster in April 1974, when Maureen Woods was hired to fill the position. She held it until the fall of 1990, when she was promoted into a job in Seattle. After a six-month hiatus, I was hired to replace her, beginning work at Tiburon in April 1991. I mention this because some bandwidth on the World Wide Web is taken up with assertions that I was employed at the Tiburon laboratory in 1970; not only did I not start work there until twenty-one years later, but the position I held had not even existed in 1970.

PBRO Conservation Science, originally named Point Reyes Bird Observatory, had been located on the Point Reyes peninsula; during the 1960s, its offices were housed in a bunkhouse on a dairy ranch there. Around 1970, PRBO moved to what is now the PRBO field station at Palomarin, on the ocean side of the town of Bolinas. In 1980, it moved again, into a three-bedroom house on land owned by Audubon Canyon Ranch, on the northeast shore of Bolinas Lagoon. In 1985, PRBO hired its first librarian, Karen Hamilton. She held the job until 1995, when she quit, and I was hired to replace her, beginning work there in October 1995. The PRBO job was 0.2 FTE (one day a week), and thanks to the Commerce Department’s policy on flex time, I was able to hold down both a full-time and a part-time job from then until the end of 2000, when the NMFS laboratory moved to Santa Cruz and I left the staff; I continued to work at PRBO until June 2005. During my tenure at Tiburon, I worked about a month a year at sea on a NOAA research vessel. On one research cruise in the late 1990s, we anchored near Southeast Farallon Island, where PRBO has another field station. We invited the entire PRBO staff aboard for dinner, and with my NMFS co-workers, I was able to host my PRBO co-workers aboard ship. We sent them back to SEFI with several gallons of ice cream, which they were very glad to have, and a good time was had by all. Add to the list of my crimes that I have participated in the depopulation of an island, which some will probably interpret as ethnic cleansing or possibly even genocide.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:57 pm

"There seems to be quite a bit of confusion about my whereabouts in the 1960s-1970s. For the benefit of those who find this subject exciting, here is my residential history beginning in 1947:
September 1947-August 1958: Campbell, California

September 1958-August 1962: Berkeley, California

September 1962-August 1963: Berlin, Germany

August 1963-July 1965: Berkeley, California

August-November 1965: Berlin, Germany

November-December 1965: Fort Dix, New Jersey
January 1966-October 1967: Fort Sill, Oklahoma

November 1967-June 1968: Europe (mostly Greece)

July 1968-December 1972: Berkeley, California

1973 (January-May): Vallejo, California

1973 (May-December)-1982: Napa, California"

Fort Dix is 5 minutes from me.
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:38 pm

This was my favorite: I spent hours over at The Opord when it was going strong. Tryin to put the time lines and pieces of the Penn Puzzle together.

Farmer ALWAYS made it sound like Penn worked at 3141 Paradise Drive. If you look at his findings, that is the theory of the wrong Phillips 66 Map (Pink n White Marin Version NOT the Colored San Francisco Vincenty Version.... thanks to Sandy, Zam*, Artemis with this find, and Tahoe and Tracers helping us get it all posted on the old ZodiacZee.) where he shows the skeleton hanging pointing to 3141 Paradise Dr. I spent a day there, and there was no such address. But indeed there was the 3150 Paradise Drive where Penn worked, but Penn's time line is April 1991.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:36 pm

If Farmer is right, quite amazing how Penn as the Zodiac gave us the clues in the map code and skeleton card to hint at where he would get a job at in 21 years!!!

ALSO if was in berlin in 1963, i don't think he could have done the Santa Barbara murders that year!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:05 am

Zam you have put this up here and over at Mike's, where we know it can be seen by the general public. For a few days now these posts have been up, the silence from Opord is deafening. Nothing to say have they, is this why they are creeping all around GWH.
I must add Triumph Spitfire Smile my mum had a Herald, loved it.
Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:33 am

Solar: My mum had a Triumph Vitesse and my cousin had a Spitfire - Triumph made some great cars!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:49 am

Quag, I wish I still had it, they got rid of it in the early eighties. Bleeding parents. Theres a few still around mind you Very Happy (apologies for being a little off topic)
Back to top Go down
mike_r
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:51 am

Hi-

Take it from someone whose first theory about the case involved the Timex: there was an article in Inland Empire magazine that The Foreigner found that clearly shows that the watch was apparently still running when found at the scene. Unless there was some grand conspiracy to set it to 9:07 for the crime scene photo and then reset it to "12:2-something," (which someone actually suggested to me last week!) the watch that was supposedly set and then left on the ground to give some clue to the Bates/Z murders is a DEAD ISSUE.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:18 am

A copy of The Whole Letter was mailed To The Opord Email Address. So, They have had access to THE Whole Letter for 2 days now. We are getting it in parts, as it's too long for a post. And I thought better to read and ponder in sections. What they chose to do with it will be very interesting. There is consequences in life for taking action and not taking action. We shall see.
Problem with Penn, is he is very interesting to ponder. But Farmer and The Opord almost wrecked it for any of us with their crazy logic. (( & maybe him and Back to Good the poster being SO mean to all of us, who only wanted to help)) <--- Guess they thought they were smarter..... sorry had to put that dig in. >>grin<<

PS, yep Triumiph Spitfires in my family growing up also. My fave was the TR3 ....oops OFF Topic*
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:03 am

mike_r wrote:
Hi-

Take it from someone whose first theory about the case involved the Timex: there was an article in Inland Empire magazine that The Foreigner found that clearly shows that the watch was apparently still running when found at the scene. Unless there was some grand conspiracy to set it to 9:07 for the crime scene photo and then reset it to "12:2-something," (which someone actually suggested to me last week!) the watch that was supposedly set and then left on the ground to give some clue to the Bates/Z murders is a DEAD ISSUE.

Mike

Couldn´t agree more.

The potential clues in the Timex watch is IMO:

DNA

If a suspect owned and lost a Timex watch identical to the watch in question.

A suspect who in the fall 1966 was, one way or the other, involved with white painting activity, due to staines found on the watch.
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:05 am

Zamantha wrote:
A copy of The Whole Letter was mailed To The Opord Email Address. So, They have had access to THE Whole Letter for 2 days now. We are getting it in parts, as it's too long for a post. And I thought better to read and ponder in sections. What they chose to do with it will be very interesting. There is consequences in life for taking action and not taking action. We shall see.
Problem with Penn, is he is very interesting to ponder. But Farmer and The Opord almost wrecked it for any of us with their crazy logic. (( & maybe him and Back to Good the poster being SO mean to all of us, who only wanted to help)) <--- Guess they thought they were smarter..... sorry had to put that dig in. >>grin<<

PS, yep Triumiph Spitfires in my family growing up also. My fave was the TR3 ....oops OFF Topic*

I sent the Penn letters you have posted to back2good, and told her "I hope you post them on OPORD", so it is going to be interesting to see what happen:)
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:18 am

Theforeigner wrote:

If a suspect owned and lost a Timex watch identical to the watch in question.

Which, apparently 'Bob Bennet's' family or friends said he indeed owned, and went missing after. It really is surprising the incriminating things said about him by those close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:39 am

But Farmer and The Opord almost wrecked it for any of us with their crazy logic. (( & maybe him and Back to Good the poster being SO mean to all of us, who only wanted to help))

It's worse than that, even. When I got dumped, every piece of information I provided got dumped with me. Same with everyone else. Here's why that's a particular problem in this case. Mr Penn is capable of reshaping the case against him, using "evidence" he obtained from a source that no longer exists. Say what you will about Mr. Farmer (No, really. Go ahead.), for a while there he was the world repository for information about Mr. Penn. Mr. Penn has availed himself of this resource and could now be using it for purposes of disinformation, in the belief his "facts" can't be checked.
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Garth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:06 pm

artemis wrote:
But Farmer and The Opord almost wrecked it for any of us with their crazy logic. (( & maybe him and Back to Good the poster being SO mean to all of us, who only wanted to help))

It's worse than that, even. When I got dumped, every piece of information I provided got dumped with me. Same with everyone else. Here's why that's a particular problem in this case. Mr Penn is capable of reshaping the case against him, using "evidence" he obtained from a source that no longer exists. Say what you will about Mr. Farmer (No, really. Go ahead.), for a while there he was the world repository for information about Mr. Penn. Mr. Penn has availed himself of this resource and could now be using it for purposes of disinformation, in the belief his "facts" can't be checked.

I concur Artemis, A LOT of information on Farmers, Opord was excellent research by quite a few good members. You, were one of the Best, The Foreigner, Billie, RCPM____ I forget his posting name, and not sure if he wants his real name posted?? Sandy, Back to Good and more, you guys put your heart an soul into the research. And Yes some of it seemed to Check out correct. I think were Farmer lost us, was when he started trying to make the pieces fit. I spent a few hours myself at The Lafayette Cemetery trying to find marker 850 or something like that. I know Boilermaker, Rickster and Myself, A Citizen, Res. Det. and more put hours into the Alternative Theories. There really was some good info there. Unfortunately when he banned one by one, he also chose to erase some of the posts and research. I don't think he should of done that. It would be nice to match the information up with The Newest Penn Letters. I also look forward to posting the rest of the Penn Writings, and also getting feed back if you notice a different time line or something that does not match up.
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:22 pm

Appendix 4: literature

I gather that there is considerable interest in an article of mine that appeared in The Ecphorizer in May 1982 titled “Gone with the 25-cent potroast,” which some see as evidence of my having committed a murder in Vallejo in 1969 (thirteen years before publication of my article), since the subject is a Vallejo resident who died twenty-five years even earlier than that in the Pacific theater of the Second World War. I would like to put this article — the only one of sixty that I published in that magazine (or anywhere else) that has anything to do with Vallejo — in perspective and suggest other material which researchers will certainly find more useful.

Some time in the late 1970s, when I was working as a reference librarian at Solano County Library, we received a reference referral from a library in Fresno, California. The requestor was the editor of an aviation magazine, and his request was for information on the life of Grant Mahony, a decorated military aviator whose home town was Vallejo. My supervisor assigned the referral to me, and I discovered what was available on the subject and then forwarded it to Fresno. I thought the Mahony story was intriguing; he had been lionized as a hero by his home town during his lifetime, but because of demographic changes following the war, the community in which he had grown up was dispersed to the four corners of the earth, and it didn’t take long for him to be completely forgotten. There was a memorial to him in a public park, but neither the park’s neighbors nor responsible city agencies nor relevant civic organizations had any idea who Mahony was or what he had done to merit a memorial. This seemed to me to be a poignant reminder of the transitory nature of fame and memory and worthy of a prose treatment. I would have written the same kind of article if the subject had been a resident of, say, East Elephant Breath, Arkansas.

Here’s my suggestion for a more fruitful area of research for those who seek sinister significance in my meager literary output. I worked my way through an undergraduate education at Berkeley as a busboy at the Men’s Faculty Club. I was responsible for one of the buffet tables. In 1962, Aldous Huxley was a visiting professor at Berkeley. He was nearly blind, and when he loaded up his tray at the buffet table, he had to bend over the table until his eyes were only two inches from the food. One day, he was having trouble deciding on a fruit dish and asked me for assistance. I told him what he was looking at, he thanked me, and then he put the dish on his tray and went to find a table. I believe that his choice was a halved pear topped with a dollop of cottage cheese.

Ten years later, an article of mine titled “Gottfried von Strassburg and the invisible art” appeared in Colloquia Germanica (1972,2:113-125). The article opens with a quote from C. S. Lewis’ book The discarded image (1964). Now, C. S. Lewis, Aldous Huxley, and John F. Kennedy all died on the same day (22 November 1963). The article has to do with the structure of the Love Grotto in Gottfried’s thirteenth-century romance of Tristan and Isolde, and until the mid-1970s, the airport serving Dallas was Love Field. I have flown into and out of Love Field as well as DFW several times, and the same is true of JFK airport in New York. JFK was assassinated in Dallas on the same day that C. S. Lewis and Aldous Huxley died, I quote Lewis in my article, and I helped Huxley out with his fruit dish in 1962. The only thing lacking is a “QED.” A major character in Lewis’ Chronicles of Narnia is a lion named Aslan. Aslan is Turkish for “lion,” and I published an article in The Ecphorizer on Turkish language instruction (“Cevat emptor,” August 1982) only five months after the Grant Mahony article; and Turkey Day 1963 followed the Kennedy assassination by only six days! In the Colloquia Germanica article, I quote not only C. S. Lewis but also Jost Trier, who takes his name from the city of Trier, which I visited in the spring of 1968; Trier is the birthplace of Karl Marx, Fidel Castro is a Marxist, and Lee Harvey Oswald was a member of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee. (The place name Trier is derived from the Latin Augusta Treverorum, Castro was born on 13 August 1926 — my first cousin and my paternal grandmother were also born on 13 August, which some minds will find sinister — and Oswald began distributing FPCC fliers in New Orleans in August 1963; the Warren Commission has inexplicably failed to take note of this mass of circumstantial evidence.) My obsession with presidential assassinations is demonstrated by the fact that in September 1962, I attended a public event in Köln at which Charles De Gaulle spoke, a few months after he was the target of an assassination attempt by the OAS, and in June 1963, I attended another public event in Berlin at which John F. Kennedy spoke, a few months before he was assassinated in Dallas. As if that weren’t bad enough, I wrote an article titled “The world according to Dallas,” which appeared in Integra in June 1988. (The fact that the true-crime crowd has failed to take note of this highly significant bit of evidence proves that they are being manipulated by a clandestine cabal.) The “Dallas” I discuss in that article is the prime-time soap opera, not the city; but then one of the characters in the mock-soap Soap is named Jodie Dallas and is played by Billy Crystal, who married Janice Goldfinger; and the movie Goldfinger was in the last stages of development at the time of the Kennedy assassination, which makes up for that discrepancy. Besides, Soap was on the air in 1978 (and we all know what that means!). It should be obvious even to the densest that I am The Man on the Grassy Knoll.

And finally, the July 1982 issue of The Ecphorizer contains my article on the limerick (“Lima Riki”), in which I challenge readers to compose a paraphrase of the Gettysburg Address in limerick-form. In his response, published in the same issue as “Cevat emptor,” Patrick Franklin not only meets my challenge; he also mentions a group of true-crime sleuths called “The Black Widowers,” one of whom rewrites The Iliad as a series of limericks. The true crime-enthusiast connection closes the circle, since what has made me into an urban legend in my lifetime is the unflagging effort of the true-crime sector of the Matrix — I keep saying that — I mean Internet. I am the co-author of another article (“The constellation of characters in the ‘Tristan’ of Gottfried von Strassburg,” Monatshefte 64,4:325-333 [1972], with F. C. Tubach), which opens with Saint Thomas Aquinas’ comment on true crime-enthusiast methodology, …ex duabus rebus tercia vero res constituta, which, roughly translated, means “one plus one is three.”

Tomorrow Nite: The Last of the Letters called Rivers End.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:23 pm

I find Gareth Penn to be nothing more than a mensa minded eccentric character who loves a good challenge (puzzles, crosswords, unsolved murders) His eccentricity is shown by the way he stalked this o'hare guy thru the years. Im sure his accounts make an enjoyable fiction account of the case.
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:10 pm

The Last of the Penn Letter:
Appendix 5: River’s End

On 28 April 2010, an anonymous caller left a message on the answering machine at my son’s place of business urging him to provide the Sonoma Sheriff’s Department a DNA sample to aid them in their efforts to prosecute me for a double murder that was committed at Jenner, California, over the weekend of 14-15 August 2004. The victims had intended to spend the weekend at an inn called River’s End (Jenner is at the mouth of the Russian River), but since they had no reservation and the inn was full, they opted to spend the night on the beach in their sleeping bags. They were shot to death as they slept.

The anonymous caller describes me as a “suspect” in this case. On 30 April 2010, I called Sergeant Tim Duke in the Investigations Division of the Sonoma Sheriff’s Department and asked him if I was indeed a suspect. He said that he could not recall my name ever having come up in connection with the case, now six years old. He was also unaware of allegations circulating on the World Wide Web concerning me and the Jenner murder. (About six months earlier, I exchanged e-mails with Inspector Kevin Jones, who has responsibility for San Francisco PD’s Zodiac investigation. Since Christopher Farmer claims to be working hand in glove with the police to effect my prosecution, I asked Jones how his collaboration with Farmer was coming along. He said he had never heard of him. Mr. Farmer simply has to do a better job of marketing his website to the police.)

To get back to Sergeant Duke, I offered him a sample of my DNA, and he refused to say whether DNA evidence is even relevant to a resolution of this case, since the investigation is still an ongoing one. In two words, no sale. I subsequently sent him a letter in which I volunteered, for the record, to provide a sample if he should ever want one. I cannot urge the anonymous caller or other like-minded folk too strongly to get in touch with Sergeant Duke (707/565-2185) and share their evidence with him. Otherwise, he may never take me up on my offer. I’ve done what I can to further the cause of justice; now it’s up to the community of anonymous callers. The police are welcome to my DNA; they can publish my genome in Nature for all I care. I would also like to urge members of the Internet true-crime community not to call my son, who has no more pull with the Sonoma Sheriff’s Department than I do; call them instead. Once again, the phone number is 707/565-2185.

In the interest of justice, and to make things easier for this anonymous caller and others like him, I would like to provide some more information that he and they can use in assisting the police in their inquiries. The murder of Lindsay Cutshall and Jason Allen took place either on the night of Saturday, 14 August 2004, or the morning of Sunday the 15th. At that time, I lived at 40 Corte Real, Greenbrae, and I worked one day a week at PRBO Conservation Science, whose address was 4990 Shoreline Highway, Stinson Beach (PRBO relocated to Petaluma in 2006). The day I worked at PRBO was Monday, a fact which can be confirmed by consultation of California Library Directory, a publication of the California State Library. According to an obscure website whose existence is known only to a handful of people outside of The Illuminati and which goes by the name of MapQuest, driving time between my address in Greenbrae and River’s End is an hour and a half one way, and the same is true of the driving time between PRBO and River’s End. Anyone who thinks I am a “suspect” because I lived and worked a ninety-minute drive from the scene of the crime might want to consider that in 2004, Senator Barbara Boxer also lived in Greenbrae, which would make her a “suspect” as well, not to mention the fact that Santa Rosa, a city made up of 160,000 murder “suspects,” is closer to Jenner by a half hour (thanks to MapQuest once more).

Without intending to, the anonymous caller did provide one last proof, if any more were needed, of how correct Stanley Milgram’s “small world” theory is. I advise Internet true-crime sleuths to be sitting next to a telephone programmed to speed-dial 911, because what follows may get them so worked up that they will require emergency medical service. The woman with whom I had my now notorious affair in 1978 and I spent a romantic weekend in that year at River’s End. Unlike the two murder victims of 2004, we had a reservation; like them, we were turned away, albeit only temporarily, since we had arrived early and the maid had not yet gotten our cabin ready. Our relationship was in an early phase that could be described as hot, and so, while our cabin was being readied, we found a secluded spot on the beach — and I don’t need to draw you a picture.

Appendix 6: The Sunday puzzle

t41m4w189o951xs234e12a14v9e27e24x9x2ntwoo2xt91j2h2r32uxaxe89nry151e389

Posted by D550 at 9:45 AM
Home
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:31 pm

Gareth agreed to answer any questions. If you have any for him, please post or PM me.
This is his note Re: Questions

Janice —

You said your acquaintance Samantha wanted to organize a Q&A with me. If you wouldn't mind passing this on, tell her that I will entertain fifty questions. I won't answer questions predicated on prejudicial assumptions such as "When did you stop beating your wife?", so she should make them good ones. I will set up a blog on which I will answer her questions, and she can link to it. I want to do this in my own space to ensure that my answers aren't altered.

Thanks for your assistance.

Gareth

Last edited by Zamantha on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry, typo..... please post your questions or PM me ( not him, lol*))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:20 am

Some questions for Mr Penn :

Was your contact within SFPD a family relative?

Did your contact alert you that an 8 year old witness picked someone out (FBI files, File 2, page 15), were you privvy to that persons name?

Re, your letter to Harry Martin, are there two prints from the dash which indicate that the killer did try and mask his fingerprints? Did your source indicate there was a general belief amongst SFPD that the fingerprints were faked that they do not convey to the public?

After all these years are you still convinced Michael Henry O' Hare is the Zodiac?

Have you ever posted on a Zodiac Forum under a pseudonym?

I might add if he only wishes to answer Yes or No to some of these questions then so be it, I do not wish for any sources to be publicly named should they be in receipt of either a police pension or currently still working there. Or if he has indeed been on forums, no need for the names, Yes or No is acceptable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:29 am

QUESTIONS FOR GARETH PENN

1) Can Mr. Penn please verify, with the written record, his physical address at 1708 Lincoln Street in Berkeley between roughly July 1969 to late August 1970? A trusted associate and I have been unable to do so. In fact, just the opposite. We've discovered that a man named Joel Jaffe lived there during that period.

We can also confirm an M.A. Penn listed at 2804 Webster in Berkeley. M.A Penn moves on in approximately June 1969 -- but not to 1708 Lincoln Street. (Odd coincidence that -- Joan Webster and Webster Street). M.A. presumably stands for Mary Ann, Gareth's second wife.

2) Though Mr. Penn makes much of his 1978 love affair with Madeleine Borges, Stella's niece, when did he first meet her? I'm told by eyewitnesses that he met her much earlier and that he introduced her to her husband -- the man she later cheated on! Please verify, with the written record or eyewitnesses willing to be contacted.

3) Mr. Penn seems both surprised and dismayed that he has been cast in the POI spotlight. If so, why? He himself -- numerous times -- put himself there, esp. with his vivid description of how he could have murdered Cheri Jo Bates in Times 17?

I'm asking these questions because Mr. Penn's recall about his many Vallejo connections is at odds with the written record and eyewitness accounts. As an example of how off-kilter his recall has become, Mr. Penn's story about Grant Mahony, as he recounts it in his letter posted on this forum, is at extreme odds with the story he wrote for The Ecphorizer about the same topic: Gone with the 25 cent potroast and the aviation hero Grant Mahony.

Here's what he just wrote and that you all just read

Some time in the late 1970s, when I was working as a reference librarian at Solano County Library, we received a reference referral from a library in Fresno, California. The requestor was the editor of an aviation magazine, and his request was for information on the life of Grant Mahony, a decorated military aviator whose home town was Vallejo.

My supervisor assigned the referral to me, and I discovered what was available on the subject and then forwarded it to Fresno. I thought the Mahony story was intriguing; he had been lionized as a hero by his home town during his lifetime, but because of demographic changes following the war, the community in which he had grown up was dispersed to the four corners of the earth, and it didn't take long for him to be completely forgotten. There was a memorial to him in a public park, but neither the park's neighbors nor responsible city agencies nor relevant civic organizations had any idea who Mahony was or what he had done to merit a memorial.

But here's what he wrote for the May 1982 Ecphorizer -- a completely different story!

One day last winter (1981) I was in a quiet neighborhood of Vallejo near Interstate 80. About 500 feet west of the freeway there was a little park, about a half-block in size. I took my lunch and went into the park to eat it...At the center of the park stood a stone column with a plaque affixed to it. I walked over and read the inscription. GRANT MAHONY. That was it. No hint as to who he was. After I had finished my lunch, I crossed the street and knocked on several doors. Three or four people answered. I asked them if they knew who Grant Mahony was. Nobody knew.

My curiosity was piqued. Who was the enigmatic Mr. Mahony? What had he done to rate a park? I called the City Clerk's office. They didn't know. I called the City Manager's office. They didn't know either. I called the Recreation District. Sorry, we just maintain the park, we don't write history books. Finally, I called the President of the Rose Society. She knew something.

READ THE REST:
Gone with the 25 cent potroast

In his latest letter just posted here, Mr. Penn said he learned about Grant Mahony "sometime in the late 70s, when I was working as a reference librarian at the Solano County Library," via an assignment from his supervisor. But for The Ecphorizer, Mr. Penn said he learned about Grant Mahony in 1981, during a happenstance trip to a Vallejo park!

Clearly, when it comes to his life in Vallejo, Mr. Penn's recall is questionable at best.

Please send my thanks to Mr. Penn for taking questions.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:38 am

Can Mr. Penn please provide photo(s) of himself from 1969, in which he is clean-shaven?

I think he is way too small to be Zodiac, I think he weighed like 165lbs at most
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:45 pm

MikeM wrote:
QUESTIONS FOR GARETH PENN

1) Can Mr. Penn please verify, with the written record, his physical address at 1708 Lincoln Street in Berkeley between roughly July 1969 to late August 1970? A trusted associate and I have been unable to do so. In fact, just the opposite. We've discovered that a man named Joel Jaffe lived there during that period.

We can also confirm an M.A. Penn listed at 2804 Webster in Berkeley. M.A Penn moves on in approximately June 1969 -- but not to 1708 Lincoln Street. (Odd coincidence that -- Joan Webster and Webster Street). M.A. presumably stands for Mary Ann, Gareth's second wife.

2) Though Mr. Penn makes much of his 1978 love affair with Madeleine Borges, Stella's niece, when did he first meet her? I'm told by eyewitnesses that he met her much earlier and that he introduced her to her husband -- the man she later cheated on! Please verify, with the written record or eyewitnesses willing to be contacted.

3) Mr. Penn seems both surprised and dismayed that he has been cast in the POI spotlight. If so, why? He himself -- numerous times -- put himself there, esp. with his vivid description of how he could have murdered Cheri Jo Bates in Times 17?

I'm asking these questions because Mr. Penn's recall about his many Vallejo connections is at odds with the written record and eyewitness accounts. As an example of how off-kilter his recall has become, Mr. Penn's story about Grant Mahony, as he recounts it in his letter posted on this forum, is at extreme odds with the story he wrote for The Ecphorizer about the same topic: Gone with the 25 cent potroast and the aviation hero Grant Mahony.

Here's what he just wrote and that you all just read

Some time in the late 1970s, when I was working as a reference librarian at Solano County Library, we received a reference referral from a library in Fresno, California. The requestor was the editor of an aviation magazine, and his request was for information on the life of Grant Mahony, a decorated military aviator whose home town was Vallejo.

My supervisor assigned the referral to me, and I discovered what was available on the subject and then forwarded it to Fresno. I thought the Mahony story was intriguing; he had been lionized as a hero by his home town during his lifetime, but because of demographic changes following the war, the community in which he had grown up was dispersed to the four corners of the earth, and it didn't take long for him to be completely forgotten. There was a memorial to him in a public park, but neither the park's neighbors nor responsible city agencies nor relevant civic organizations had any idea who Mahony was or what he had done to merit a memorial.

But here's what he wrote for the May 1982 Ecphorizer -- a completely different story!

One day last winter (1981) I was in a quiet neighborhood of Vallejo near Interstate 80. About 500 feet west of the freeway there was a little park, about a half-block in size. I took my lunch and went into the park to eat it...At the center of the park stood a stone column with a plaque affixed to it. I walked over and read the inscription. GRANT MAHONY. That was it. No hint as to who he was. After I had finished my lunch, I crossed the street and knocked on several doors. Three or four people answered. I asked them if they knew who Grant Mahony was. Nobody knew.

My curiosity was piqued. Who was the enigmatic Mr. Mahony? What had he done to rate a park? I called the City Clerk's office. They didn't know. I called the City Manager's office. They didn't know either. I called the Recreation District. Sorry, we just maintain the park, we don't write history books. Finally, I called the President of the Rose Society. She knew something.

READ THE REST:
Gone with the 25 cent potroast

In his latest letter just posted here, Mr. Penn said he learned about Grant Mahony "sometime in the late 70s, when I was working as a reference librarian at the Solano County Library," via an assignment from his supervisor. But for The Ecphorizer, Mr. Penn said he learned about Grant Mahony in 1981, during a happenstance trip to a Vallejo park!

Clearly, when it comes to his life in Vallejo, Mr. Penn's recall is questionable at best.

Please send my thanks to Mr. Penn for taking questions.

Some Excellent Questions Mike M, Thank you. And thanks to everyone so far with their questions. Some I have received via Pm and Email. Please everyone PONDER! Not too often we get to ask a POI in the Z case our own questions. Regardless IF you think he is the Z or NOT, maybe put yourself in the shoes of the interrogator......ask him what you feel the LE should of asked him back than, and or any of the Z POI's. Maybe back then the LE didn't ask tough questions of POI's that they didn't THINK was the Z. Maybe that is how the Z passed the interrogator. I will be gathering your questions through the weekend, to send off to Gareth Penn.
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:11 pm

morf13 wrote:

I think he is way too small to be Zodiac, I think he weighed like 165lbs at most

Geez, 165 lbs. and size 12 shoes, seems like a waste of surface area. Maybe we should have this verified. Would Penn let Farmer come over and measure his feet? Cause if they are size 12 he would have to have had fake soles, no way your cramming those stinkers in a 10-1/2 boot and walking down to the lake and back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 2:16 am

Lol Bently, would that account for the lumbering walk perhaps, cramming his feet into shoes that didn't fit, I could see it maybe with a shoe perhaps a size too small but not two sizes. Tall guy, small feet or smallish/average guy, normalish size. What is the average? We should run a test, height and shoe size's fellas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gareth Penn   Gareth Penn - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gareth Penn
Page 3 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: