Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Equinox 3:33 p.m.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Mon May 30, 2011 11:34 am

Morf do we know when this letter was postmarked, or when received?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Mon May 30, 2011 11:45 am

AK Wilks wrote:
Morf do we know when this letter was postmarked, or when received?

Which letter?
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Mon May 30, 2011 12:20 pm

equinox. i know it says 9 22 72 but what does postmark say?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Mon May 30, 2011 2:47 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
equinox. i know it says 9 22 72 but what does postmark say?

not sure
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Mon May 30, 2011 3:10 pm

morf13 wrote:
In July, 1975, someone claiming to be the Zodiac sent a letter in. It started with "Equinox 3:33 p.m." According to the FBI memo, it was "largely handwritten", and the Zodiac's known writing was "largely hand printed".

I requested this letter from the FBI and it was rejected a while back. I will appeal.

When I googled "Equinox 3:33 p.m.", I got the following-

Sep 22 Autumnal equinox, 3:33 pm, EST

Morf, do you know why you wrote "July 1975" above? Was that a mistake? Did you mean 1972?

There was a murder I have studied that happened on 9/11/75. I still think this letter very likely a hoax, but who knows for sure.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Mon May 30, 2011 6:50 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
morf13 wrote:
In July, 1975, someone claiming to be the Zodiac sent a letter in. It started with "Equinox 3:33 p.m." According to the FBI memo, it was "largely handwritten", and the Zodiac's known writing was "largely hand printed".

I requested this letter from the FBI and it was rejected a while back. I will appeal.

When I googled "Equinox 3:33 p.m.", I got the following-

Sep 22 Autumnal equinox, 3:33 pm, EST

Morf, do you know why you wrote "July 1975" above? Was that a mistake? Did you mean 1972?

There was a murder I have studied that happened on 9/11/75. I still think this letter very likely a hoax, but who knows for sure.

I think i made a typo.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Mon May 30, 2011 6:58 pm

OK, so you think it likely was sent sometime in July 1972? That makes more sense.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Mon May 30, 2011 8:31 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
OK, so you think it likely was sent sometime in July 1972? That makes more sense.

You know what, maybe it was 1975, look at the date on this FBI memo, dated JULY 23, 1975. The documents were recived by them on July 14,1975.


I am thinking that either the writer held this for a long time, then decided to send it in, or this was discovered in some police evidence room someplace after being misplaced, and then sent to the FBI after it was found. I know there are 1 or 2 more documents in the FBI files that mention this EQUINOX letter, but I dont have the energy tonight to sort thru 1200 pages. If anyone knows right where to find it, by all means, post it here. If I am not mistaken, one of those documents stated that Zodiac should not be eliminated as the possible author.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Tue May 31, 2011 9:07 am

FWIW, in San Francisco the Autumnal Equinox did occur at 3:33 PM (PDT) on Sept 22, 1972. If anyone is interested in trying out the "Seasons Calendar", it can be found HERE.

There was a full moon on that date as well. The "Moon Phases" calculator is HERE.

-tbz
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Tue May 31, 2011 9:33 am

It looks like the author is trying to ascribe some 'cosmic significance' to the numbers... i.e., 3+3+3=9 (month of the equinox) and 9+2+2+7+2=22 (day of the equinox). He then questions whether his birth date means anything... 4+1+4+4+1=14 ?

The letter seems perfectly innocent - like some guy writing to his girlfriend who shares his interest in astrology/numerology. Certainly nothing to indicate that it's a Z communication.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Tue May 31, 2011 9:33 am

thebigZ wrote:
FWIW, in San Francisco the Autumnal Equinox did occur at 3:33 PM (PDT) on Sept 22, 1972. If anyone is interested in trying out the "Seasons Calendar", it can be found HERE.

There was a full moon on that date as well. The "Moon Phases" calculator is HERE.

-tbz

Cool, thanks for that info. So whomever wrote that letter definitely knew their astrology stuff.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Found this:

THE COMING OF APOLLO


RED roses, O red Roses,
Roses afire, aflame,
O burgeon that discloses
The glory of desire ___
Hush! all the heart of fire
Is mingled in Thy name,
O roses, roses, roses,
Red roses of desire.

The golden-shafted sunlight
Beats down upon the sward;
The pillared serpent's one light
Is a flame of red desire;
O snake from out the mire,
I slay thee with the sword,
The strong sword of the sunlight,
The sword of my desire!

The still strong bird of sorrow
Keens through the golden blue,
And many a bitter morrow
Is borne upon his wings; {281}
The glory that he brings
He brings, O King, to you,
The wonder-song of sorrow
In the flapping of his wings.

The flaming day grows olden
As the youth of glory wanes;
And the sun-bird grows more golden
And narrower his wings;
He swirls around in rings;
He bears the bloody stains
Of all the sorrows olden
Upon his bright gold wings.

And scarlet-rimmed and splendid,
The wide blue vault is spanned
With golden rays wide-bended
From the green earth to the skies;
The hush of noontide dies,
Song rises from the land ___
And scarlet, naked, splendid,
Glow out the radiant skies.

A cloud of huge hushed laughter
Shakes all the listening boughs,
And a sudden hush comes after,
Dropped from the silent skies;
A myriad laughing eyes
Flash in a still carouse,
And shake with silent laughter
The blue vault of the skies. {282}

A breeze ___ a leaf ___ a shadow ___
The falling of a bud ___
The wind across the meadow ___
A flash of light ___ a call ___
A patter on the wall ___
The air is bright as blood;
A moment stands a shadow,
A moment sounds a call.

Awake! the spell is broken,
And hushed the sense of noon;
What silent word was spoken
In answer to the Call? ...
Hush! See the rose-leaves fall;
Ah! see the pathway strewn
With tender rose-leaves, broken
In answer to the Call.

How still it lies, the garden,
Now the red flash is gone;
The brown soil seems to harden
Now the strange spell is fled;
And the earth lies cold and dead,
And the hot hours hurry on.
It is only a quiet garden
Now that the spell is fled.

But the hour, the hour and the token,
Have passed as a dream away,
Now that the spell is broken,
And the moment's flash is fled. {283}
When the secret word was said,
Ah! what remained to say?
No word, but silence' token
That the golden God had fled.

And the roses, roses, roses
Flame in their red desire,
And every bud uncloses
To mark the sign that fled;
The wonder-word hath sped
To the far Olympian fire:
The spell of the crimson roses
Has passed from earth and fled.

But still the old silent garden
Remember the golden flush
When the heavens seemed to harden
For a moment that came and fled;
When the whole green earth grew red
In a breathless spell and a hush,
And the world grew young in the garden,
And trembled, and passed, and fled.

VICTOR B. NEUBURG

The "spell is broken", a line from the Equinox letter, matches up to this poem written by Victor Benjamin Neuburg. The author was some sort of associate with Aleister Crowley. I dont know much about the occult stuff, but some people think that there is an occult angle regarding Z.

Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Interesting.

Is it true that Jensen/Faraday were killed about the time of the Apollo moon flight?

And didn't Zodiac use an Apollo rocket/moon stamp on a letter?

I am just exploring a possible connection given the title of the poem you found.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:08 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
Interesting.

Is it true that Jensen/Faraday were killed about the time of the Apollo moon flight?

And didn't Zodiac use an Apollo rocket/moon stamp on a letter?

I am just exploring a possible connection given the title of the poem you found.

I think Apollo 10/11 entering lunar orbit was the main headline when LHR was first reported, IIRC.


Last edited by Rufus on Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added "10/11")
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:41 pm

Rufus wrote:
AK Wilks wrote:
Interesting.

Is it true that Jensen/Faraday were killed about the time of the Apollo moon flight?

And didn't Zodiac use an Apollo rocket/moon stamp on a letter?

I am just exploring a possible connection given the title of the poem you found.

I think Apollo 10/11 entering lunar orbit was the main headline when LHR was first reported, IIRC.

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Yeah, I forgot about the Apollo stuff with Zodiac.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
avatar

Posts : 2920
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Lake Tahoe

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:43 pm

And what about that handwriting looks like Z's? Ok...another thread... Smile
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1071
Join date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:53 am

AK Wilks wrote:



All very interesting stuff! Two picayune observations: (1) on Hartnell's door, Z used the stye, 12-20-68 for dates, not 12/20/68; and (2) Z seemed to have been able to spell "night" correctly; I can't find him spelling "night" as "nite."
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:06 pm

Its been a long time, but I have been bound & determined to find out who wrote this letter:


I believe I hit pay dirt!

The writer I believe is named PHILLIP GORDON GIETZEN. The letter clearly shows the name PHIL G, with a date of 4/14/41,,,which I have assumed was a DOB. I found out that Phillip Gietzen's DOB is indeed 4/14/41.
He was involved in theater and film projects around San Fran, and also involved in audio.video projects of some sort.
One thing I know he designed was this map of the stars:


Anybody out there in the bay area ever hear of this guy? Certainly not ready to call him Zodiac, but the fact he was in San Fran, had the same name PHIL G and same DOB on the possible Z letter is certainly interesting.

Google the name GIETZEN & SAN FRANCISCO in the same search, you will see he was involved in alot of stuff in the area. Who can find a photo of him first???? Very Happy He was also involved with RADICALSOFTWARE, which he was an EDITOR of it, I think it was a magazine or newspaper in San Fran. This article explains what RADICAL SOFTWARE is:


Found this on the net:
"The first edition of Radical Software/Summer Issue was printed in July, 1970"
and this:
"Edited by Philip G. Gietzen, the centerpiece of "VideoCity" a poem by Max Crosley entitled "The Electromagnetic Spectrum Blues."

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 43
Location : Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:15 pm

No pic yet but a maybe. Will PM.

Interesting resource for surnames.
http://www.americansurnames.us/surname/GIETZEN/

Found this interesting.

Gietzen himself was an interesting player. A native of North Carolina, a licensed architect and a visionary, he worked for various architectural firms in the Bay area before opening his own office. With a small circle of friends, he gathered and assembled this very inclusive survey of San Francisco video activity in 1973.

If it was found that he ever worked for Carlos Diniz Associates could be very interesting.



EDIT is this him?



It says P.Byars beside it but I wonder if that is the photographers name? It does appear at the end of his own article so it would make sense for it to be him.

_________________

"I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb."
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:47 pm

traveller1st wrote:
No pic yet but a maybe. Will PM.

Interesting resource for surnames.
http://www.americansurnames.us/surname/GIETZEN/

Found this interesting.

Gietzen himself was an interesting player. A native of North Carolina, a licensed architect and a visionary, he worked for various architectural firms in the Bay area before opening his own office. With a small circle of friends, he gathered and assembled this very inclusive survey of San Francisco video activity in 1973.

If it was found that he ever worked for Carlos Diniz Associates could be very interesting.



EDIT is this him?



It says P.Byars beside it but I wonder if that is the photographers name? It does appear at the end of his own article so it would make sense for it to be him.

Have not found a photo of him...can you PM or post the link you found with the info about him?

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:53 pm

Now this sounds alot like the letter and was written by him:

Found at:
http://www.radicalsoftware.org/volume2nr3/pdf/VOLUME2NR3_art11.pdf
This guy is definitely into astrology or THE ZODIAC Shocked

And look at this:
http://www.radicalsoftware.org/volume2nr3/pdf/VOLUME2NR3_0031.pdf
Is it a photo of a knife or blade?

This one shows he is an editor at this paper:
http://www.radicalsoftware.org/volume2nr3/pdf/VOLUME2NR3_0063.pdf

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 43
Location : Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:36 am

Oh these magazines are scary - full of zynchronicity. Check these out. Ones and ad with the crosshair symbol but check out this article - its chock full of interesting zynch - I've highlighted them with red.





There's the dragon and the candy cane F's and things that allude to ciphers and of course radians. Spooky.

EDIT: here's the link to the article http://www.radicalsoftware.org/e/volume1nr4_pics.html or rather the issue that it's from - lots of interesting stuff. See if you can spot the crosshair-esque symbol on the cover. The article itself is from the California section.

_________________

"I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb."


Last edited by traveller1st on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 43
Location : Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:46 am

morf13 wrote:
Now this sounds alot like the letter and was written by him:

Found at:
http://www.radicalsoftware.org/volume2nr3/pdf/VOLUME2NR3_art11.pdf
This guy is definitely into astrology or THE ZODIAC Shocked

And look at this:
http://www.radicalsoftware.org/volume2nr3/pdf/VOLUME2NR3_0031.pdf
Is it a photo of a knife or blade?

This one shows he is an editor at this paper:
http://www.radicalsoftware.org/volume2nr3/pdf/VOLUME2NR3_0063.pdf

Yup does sound like him. Can't tell if that's a knife - my initial thought is it isn't but then I can't really tell what it is.

Seen the page about him being editor then immediately tried to see how ABRACADABRA would fit into the Z13 - it doesn't really apart from some if the A's lining up lol.

_________________

"I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb."
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:05 am

Traveller, this is really good stuff you have!

I tried to isolate this without distorting it.


At first it looked like cursive, but upon closer inspection I see it is printed writing or a blend of both maybe. I wanted to enlarge it but it lost resolution

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   

Back to top Go down
 
Equinox 3:33 p.m.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Equinox 3.20 64-bit 4CPU Gauntlet for CCRL 40/40
» Equinox 3.30 - Fire 4 - Gull 3 - Houdini 3 = 240+2
» Equinox 3.30 64-bit 4CPU Gauntlet [Long Time Control]
» Equinox 3.20 64-bit Gauntlet for CCRL 40/40
» Equinox (free to all)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Unconfirmed Zodiac Letters & Mailings General Discussion-
Jump to: