Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Equinox 3:33 p.m.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Hey WOW< check out the Canyon Cinema logo Shocked
Look a bot like a crosshair symbol and 4 dots(like Halloween card)

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
entropy
Captain


Posts : 362
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:23 pm

morf13 wrote:
Hey WOW< check out the Canyon Cinema logo Shocked
Look a bot like a crosshair symbol and 4 dots(like Halloween card)

Aww... don't do that to me, morf. I would bet dollars to doughnuts that I can tell you who created that for Canyon Cinema. Laughing
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:41 pm

entropy wrote:
morf13 wrote:
Hey WOW< check out the Canyon Cinema logo Shocked
Look a bot like a crosshair symbol and 4 dots(like Halloween card)

Aww... don't do that to me, morf. I would bet dollars to doughnuts that I can tell you who created that for Canyon Cinema. Laughing

DO TELL!

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2010-03-06
Age : 61
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:50 pm

CANYON CINEMA located 0.8 miles S/W of San Francisco Chronicle

Entity Name: CANYON CINEMA, INC.
Entity Number: C0525200
Date Filed: 04/17/1967
Status: ACTIVE
Jurisdiction: CALIFORNIA
Entity Address: 145 9TH STREET #260
Entity City, State, Zip: SAN FRANCISCO CA 94103
Agent for Service of Process: DOMINIC ANGERAME
Agent Address: 20 ROMOLO #4
Agent City, State, Zip: SAN FRANCISCO CA 94133


http://canyoncinema.com/about/history/
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Have you thought about seeing if they will loan out "The Canyon Cinemanews" magazine
at the archives?

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2010/june/canyon-cinema-archives-060810.html
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Also, this book looks like it might tell us something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350539180740?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Canyon Cinema: The Life and Times of an Independent Film Distributor

Bringing alive a remarkable moment in American cultural history, Scott MacDonald tells the colorful story of how a small, backyard organization in the San Francisco Bay Area emerged in the 1960s and evolved to become a major force in the development of independent cinema. Drawing from extensive conversations with men and women crucial to Canyon Cinema, from its newsletter Canyon Cinemanews, and from other key sources, MacDonald offers a lively chronicle of the life and times of this influential, idiosyncratic film exhibition and distribution collective. His book features many primary documents that are as engaging and relevant now as they were when originally published, including essays, poetry, experimental writing, and drawings.


I am ordering one and will share anything interesting.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:24 pm

caresut wrote:
Also, this book looks like it might tell us something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350539180740?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Canyon Cinema: The Life and Times of an Independent Film Distributor

Bringing alive a remarkable moment in American cultural history, Scott MacDonald tells the colorful story of how a small, backyard organization in the San Francisco Bay Area emerged in the 1960s and evolved to become a major force in the development of independent cinema. Drawing from extensive conversations with men and women crucial to Canyon Cinema, from its newsletter Canyon Cinemanews, and from other key sources, MacDonald offers a lively chronicle of the life and times of this influential, idiosyncratic film exhibition and distribution collective. His book features many primary documents that are as engaging and relevant now as they were when originally published, including essays, poetry, experimental writing, and drawings.


I am ordering one and will share anything interesting.

Interesting. Maybe we can check out some of these things closer.

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:27 am

This is from a 1969 edition of Film Society Review. It has an article titled "Z".
Also an article about the San Francisco Film Festival. I imagine film buffs
read this magazine.

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:21 am

caresut wrote:
This is from a 1969 edition of Film Society Review. It has an article titled "Z".
Also an article about the San Francisco Film Festival. I imagine film buffs
read this magazine.


What is the guys name that wrote Z, George.....? There is a watermark or something in front. And how about the crosshair like circle with the people's faces

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
MAZZY
Inspector
avatar

Posts : 149
Join date : 2010-05-07
Location : Sacramento

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:21 am

[quote="morf13"]
entropy wrote:
Great stuff, morf. I think the PH in his signature nails it. Any idea of the context of the Feb. 5 sample? Who was it sent to and why? Do we know what year? I don't picture Zodiac signing his real name to letters but ya never know.

The name TOM DEWITT, as written on the writing sample, I believe was an associate of Gietzen's or involved in some way. I dont know why he wrote that note, or who he sent it to,but it was in his file at Canyon cinema...much like Gaikowski's Canyon Cinema file had various things in it

MAZZY wrote:
If Z used TOM DEWITT and PHIL G. along with other names as aliases, it would be interesting to gather the names on the the handwriting samples and maybe there is a association . .
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 43
Location : Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:53 am

morf13 wrote:

What is the guys name that wrote Z, George.....? There is a watermark or something in front. And how about the crosshair like circle with the people's faces

Looks like Dan Georgakas.

_________________

"I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb."
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:08 am

[quote="MAZZY"]
morf13 wrote:
entropy wrote:
Great stuff, morf. I think the PH in his signature nails it. Any idea of the context of the Feb. 5 sample? Who was it sent to and why? Do we know what year? I don't picture Zodiac signing his real name to letters but ya never know.

The name TOM DEWITT, as written on the writing sample, I believe was an associate of Gietzen's or involved in some way. I dont know why he wrote that note, or who he sent it to,but it was in his file at Canyon cinema...much like Gaikowski's Canyon Cinema file had various things in it

MAZZY wrote:
If Z used TOM DEWITT and PHIL G. along with other names as aliases, it would be interesting to gather the names on the the handwriting samples and maybe there is a association . .

Dewitt & Phil G were real people....not aliases

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:15 am

traveller1st wrote:
morf13 wrote:

What is the guys name that wrote Z, George.....? There is a watermark or something in front. And how about the crosshair like circle with the people's faces

Looks like Dan Georgakas.

Apparently,nothing Zodiac related-
Dan Georgakas (editor): Z. An Anthology of Revolutionary Poetry. Smyrna Press, New York 1968

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 43
Location : Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:23 am

You sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Georgakas

Dan Georgakas (born 1938) is an American anarchist poet and historian. In 1966 he was a founding member of the anarchist group Black Mask, which later became Up Against the Wall Mother******s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mask_(anarchists)

They were loosely associated with the Situationist International, King Mob, and the Diggers. Their chief goal was the integration of art in to the political program of anarchist revolution.


_________________

"I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb."
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:47 pm

traveller1st wrote:
You sure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Georgakas

Dan Georgakas (born 1938) is an American anarchist poet and historian. In 1966 he was a founding member of the anarchist group Black Mask, which later became Up Against the Wall Mother******s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mask_(anarchists)

They were loosely associated with the Situationist International, King Mob, and the Diggers. Their chief goal was the integration of art in to the political program of anarchist revolution.


hmmm.will have to look closer

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Funny, I had posted about The Black Mask Gang over at the other board
some time ago.
They were mostly in New York but were around Berkeley and SF
in 1968 it seems. They were affiliated with The Diggers and The Black Panthers
and were active in the SDS.
http://anti-politics.net/distro/2009/blackmask-read.pdf

They changed their name to "Up against the wall Mother****** during
this time.
http://libcom.org/history/against-wall-mother******-interview-ben-morea


Last edited by caresut on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:02 pm

From a 1968 Black Mask Leaflet.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:07 pm

caresut wrote:
They were mostly in New York but were around Berkeley and SF
in 1968 it seems.

Were they in the Albany area of NY?

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:19 pm

morf13 wrote:

Were they in the Albany area of NY?
Not that I know of. I have just read the book on them
and that was back in October. No mention of Albany in the book.
I will start a thread on the Black Mask so we don't get this
thread farther off topic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:48 pm

caresut wrote:
Have you thought about seeing if they will loan out "The Canyon Cinemanews" magazine
at the archives?

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2010/june/canyon-cinema-archives-060810.html

Can anybody make out the crosshair item in this photo below? Is that a compass?

It is found on the Canyon Cinema homepage.

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:03 pm

Dan Georgakas did have a book published in Albany in 1996 for what it's worth.


Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2010-03-06
Age : 61
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:46 pm

caresut wrote:
Funny, I had posted about The Black Mask Gang over at the other board
some time ago.
They were mostly in New York but were around Berkeley and SF
in 1968 it seems. They were affiliated with The Diggers and The Black Panthers
and were active in the SDS.
http://anti-politics.net/distro/2009/blackmask-read.pdf

They changed their name to "Up against the wall Mother****** during
this time.
http://libcom.org/history/against-wall-mother******-interview-ben-morea

Found it interesting that in the "Up against the wall Mother******" newsclip you posted in the above post, somone wrote some kind of poem

Quote:

"Did a good nites work pig did/Got his rocks off swinging clubs after beeing frustrated all Friday/"

Could you find out who wrote that?
And when it, and/or the newsreport was written?
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 43
Location : Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Good spot TF.

_________________

"I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:13 pm

Theforeigner wrote:

Found it interesting that in the "Up against the wall Mother******" newsclip you posted in the above post, somone wrote some kind of poem

Quote:

"Did a good nites work pig did/Got his rocks off swinging clubs after beeing frustrated all Friday/"

Could you find out who wrote that?
And when it, and/or the newsreport was written?
TF, I answered your question over at the Black Mask thread.
http://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t1109-black-mask-and-up-against-the-wall-mother
Back to top Go down
traveller1st
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2011-11-27
Age : 43
Location : Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:22 pm

Good prior spot Caresut Very Happy

_________________

"I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Equinox 3:33 p.m.   

Back to top Go down
 
Equinox 3:33 p.m.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Equinox 3.20 64-bit 4CPU Gauntlet for CCRL 40/40
» Equinox 3.30 - Fire 4 - Gull 3 - Houdini 3 = 240+2
» Equinox 3.30 64-bit 4CPU Gauntlet [Long Time Control]
» Equinox 3.20 64-bit Gauntlet for CCRL 40/40
» Equinox (free to all)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Unconfirmed Zodiac Letters & Mailings General Discussion-
Jump to: