Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 HELLO IT'S ME

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dice
Sergeant


Posts : 95
Join date : 2010-10-07
Location : Atlanta, GA

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:50 pm

soze wrote:
Curious Dice:

Are there television stations relatively close to that street address?? Hmm. Just looked and it appears it may be NBC. Interesting. I don't suppose you know or could possibly check to see if the radio stations have always operated out of 1601 or could some have operated out of the 1611 W. Peachtree street address?

Soze

ABC (WSB )
1601 W Peachtree Street N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30309

NBC (WXIA)
1611 W. Peachtree Street N
Atlanta, GA 30309

Radio
WSB AM-750
1601 W Peachtree Street N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30309

Notice that these are off West Peachtree Street (a road very commonly mistaken as Peachtree Street). I know that the local FOX affiliate used to have some sort of base of operations on or near Peachtree Street, but I will have to look into that.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Sergeant


Posts : 95
Join date : 2010-10-07
Location : Atlanta, GA

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:12 pm

What does 50-48 mean? I found one entry that stated 50-48 was a shortwave radio signal for aggravated assault, but that doesn't seem to be right. Also, there is a book called Signal 50-48 about Atlanta police officers shot and killed in the line of duty.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Interesting. And I do now get your point about Peachtree, I will post more on that tomorrow.

My thought always was 50 - 48 = 2
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:40 pm

Dice wrote:
What does 50-48 mean? I found one entry that stated 50-48 was a shortwave radio signal for aggravated assault, but that doesn't seem to be right. Also, there is a book called Signal 50-48 about Atlanta police officers shot and killed in the line of duty.

50-48
http://www.amazon.com/Signal-50-48-Killing-Atlantas-Finest/dp/1605944378

Since we are discussing ATLANTA, I would have to believe that the 50-48 is referencing the Atlanta cops killed while on duty
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:14 pm

morf13 wrote:
Dice wrote:
What does 50-48 mean? I found one entry that stated 50-48 was a shortwave radio signal for aggravated assault, but that doesn't seem to be right. Also, there is a book called Signal 50-48 about Atlanta police officers shot and killed in the line of duty.

50-48
http://www.amazon.com/Signal-50-48-Killing-Atlantas-Finest/dp/1605944378

Since we are discussing ATLANTA, I would have to believe that the 50-48 is referencing the Atlanta cops killed while on duty

Yes.

Which means this Atlanta letter is making a teasing, taunting hint at killing cops. As other suspected and confirmed Z letters did - 'you cops deserve to have holes in your head', + he will be a cop', 'more glory in killing a cop than a kid', 'I shot a man in a parked with a .38 (possible Radetich claim)'.

Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:19 pm

More FBI documents, some pertaining to this Atlanta "Zodiac" letter and some pertaining to the other Atlanta letters mentioned here. Also a MISSING flyer in the case, and the Mayor with the reward money.
























Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:02 pm

WOW AK, this is fascinating. So we know Wayne Williams didnt write the letter. We also know that in one letter, the writer wrote "YOU SHALL DIE"- we know Z was fond of the word SHALL.

Also interesting to see that they did have some clues as to which newspaper customers may have had access to or received the little newspaper inserts, and in which towns they may have lived..... interesting indeed.


Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
avatar

Posts : 2053
Join date : 2010-03-05
Location : Planet Earth

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:15 am

AK Wilks wrote:
More FBI documents, some pertaining to this Atlanta "Zodiac" letter and some pertaining to the other Atlanta letters mentioned here. Also a MISSING flyer in the case, and the Mayor with the reward money.
























Bumping this Thread up. Kudos AK on obtaining this letter. Any time there's new "Possible" Z letters we should all take the time to read them an ponder. If you have any comments please post them for everyone to read.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:39 pm

Sorry if I missed it, what was the name of the FORCED BUSSING insert newspaper again, do we know that? Do we know what city in New York the distribution center was in?
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:50 pm

Zam -

Thanks very much.

Just to be clear, while both Morf and I requested through FOIA this "Hello its me..." Atlanta Zodiac letter, Morf actually got it. I did obtain and post many of the supporting FBI documents, and I did (per our joint agreement) mail the "Hello it me..." letter to many Zodiac and true crime sites and researchers.

I do think this letter and the other Atlanta letters, most or all likely sent by the same person IMO, are interesting and worthy of more study.


Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:53 pm

morf13 wrote:
Sorry if I missed it, what was the name of the FORCED BUSSING insert newspaper again, do we know that? Do we know what city in New York the distribution center was in?

The distribution ctr of these inserts was in New York state....the reason I want to know the city it was located in is because, the letter being postmarked in Williamsport is of interest because, Williamsport is relatively close to the New York border with PA.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:03 pm

See, Morf, this gets confusing. There are TWO letters at issue here with possible PA ties.

ONE is dated 4/23/81, postmarked Williamsport, PA. It starts "you shall die...", mentions the Atlanta Murders, and also contains a threat to President Reagan. That one was sent on an insert prepared by the "New York office". Could mean New York City, but no further info is given.

SECOND, we have the "Please stop forced bussing...", postmarked 3/2/81 from Cleveland, Ohio. That was sent on an prepaid envelope insert that the FBI says was included in 3 newspapers - Long Beach, Florida, Harrisburg, PA and Chicago, IL. I think the Chicago paper was the Sunday Tribune, don't remember names of the others. Right now I can't find the FBI document that states this, but I marked it down in my notes, as per the information. I will try to find the document over the next few days.

Then we have:

THIRD, "The Ghost Killer" poem.

FOURTH, the "Hello its me..." 3/8/81 Atlanta Zodiac letter.

FIFTH, the letter to the Washington Post with the request to run a secret message in the 3/19/81 classified ads as a "signal", to say "Daniel please call home."

Is that everything? I think so!


Last edited by AK Wilks on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:07 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
See, Morf, this gets confusing. There are TWO letters at issue here with possible PA ties.

ONE is dated 4/23/81, postmarked Williamsport, PA. It starts "you shall die...", mentions the Atlanta Murders, and also contains a threat to President Reagan. That one was sent on an insert prepared by the "New York office". Could mean New York City, but no further info is given.

SECOND, we have the "Please stop forced bussing...", postmarked 3/2/81 from Cleveland, Ohio. That was sent on an insert that the FBI says was included in 3 newspapers - Long Beach, Florida, Harrisburg, PA and Chicago, IL. I think the Chicago paper was the Sunday Tribune, don't remember names of the others. Right now I can't find the FBI document that states this, but I marked it down in my notes, as per the information. I will try to find the document over the next few days.

Then we have:

THIRD, "The Ghost Killer" poem.

FOURTH, the "Hello its me..." 3/8/81 Atlanta Zodiac letter.

FIFTH, the letter to the Washington Post with the request to run a secret message in the classified as a "signal", to say "Daniel please call home."

Is that everything? I think so!

So what is the one commom denominator? Atlanta???

Also AK, did you ask the FBI for the letter postmarked April 23 1981, Williamsport PA that begins: "You shall die I'm going...." ? I dont think i asked for this one. If you did ask for it, did they approve it or are you still waiting to hear?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:18 pm

I also cant help but remember that Betsy Aardsma was killed about an hour from WILLIAMSPORT, and the mysterious letter in her case came from the city of ATLANTA.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:20 pm

Yes the common factor is that all 5 of these are in the FBI Atlanta Child Murders file (ATKID).

No, I did not ask for the 4/23/81 letter, with "you shall die", "y abuse", "bobby doe" and threat to Reagan. AT the time my focus was more on Zodiac related. Though I now think all of these could be from the same hand, and thus somewhat Z connected as one was signed Zodiac and FBI could not rule out the real SF Zodiac as the writer.

I would like to see it though! Maybe you can ask for it, if not, I might just do a new request for it.

Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:22 pm

morf13 wrote:
I also cant help but remember that Betsy Aardsma was killed about an hour from WILLIAMSPORT, and the mysterious letter in her case came from the city of ATLANTA.

Right.

When you look at the amazing similarities between Bates and Aardsma murders, we can speculate that Zodiac may have been in Atlanta in 1979 to send the Aardsma letter...right when the Atlanta murders start. Murders go from 1979 to 1981. And then come the March 1981 letters! Several of which seem to have inside knowledge only a real killer of some of the Atlanta victims would have, and one is which is signed by Zodiac, and which the FBI can't rule out as coming from the real Zodiac.


Last edited by AK Wilks on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:23 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
Yes the common factor is that all 5 of these are in the FBI Atlanta Child Murders file (ATKID).

No, I did not ask for the 4/23/81 letter, with "you shall die", "y abuse", "bobby doe" and threat to Reagan. AT the time my focus was more on Zodiac related. Though I now think all of these could be from the same hand, and thus somewhat Z connected as one was signed Zodiac and FBI could not rule out the real SF Zodiac as the writer.

I would like to see it though! Maybe you can ask for it, if not, I might just do a new request for it.


Please do AK, I am awaiting info on a couple possible Z suspects to arrive, and have my hands full at present. I still have FOIA requests that I am waiting on too.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:40 pm

OK.

I am awaiting the results of my FOIA appeal for this "Hello" letter, the Zodiac "woods dies April..." card, the San Jose Z letter and the July 78 typed Z letter.

I will start to prepare a request for this 4/23/81 Atlanta letter and maybe some other Atlanta material as well.
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2010-03-06
Age : 61
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:46 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
morf13 wrote:
I also cant help but remember that Betsy Aardsma was killed about an hour from WILLIAMSPORT, and the mysterious letter in her case came from the city of ATLANTA.

Right.

When you look at the amazing similarities between Bates and Aardsma murders, we can speculate that Zodiac may have been in Atlanta in 1979 to send the Aardsma letter...right when the Atlanta murders start. Murders go from 1979 to 1981. And then come the March 1981 letters! Several of which seem to have inside knowledge only a real killer of some of the Atlanta victims would have, and one is which is signed by Zodiac, and which the FBI can't rule out as coming from the real Zodiac.

Any images or details on the 1979 Betsy Aardsma letter?
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:58 pm

No.

I was told by the PA detective it said something like (warning graphic langauge):

"Here is a present for Washington's Birthday. You never did catch that guy that killed that cunt in the library, did you?"

I think Morf was told it was sent in 1979. I was told it was sent on or near Washington's Birthday.

We gave the PA State Police Zodiac writing, the Lass sister writing and some Ted K writing. We don't know the exact results, if any, of any expert exam and comparison.

We also discovered that like the Bates college library murder, there was a morbid statement etched/written in wood. In the Bates case it was the poem, in the Aardsma case, it was thought this may have come from the killer and was found on the wood arm of a chair at PSU:

HERE SAT DEATH
IN THE GUISE OF A MAN
RSK

See http://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t627-zodiac-the-atlanta-child-murders-and-betsy-aardsmaall-connected-read-on-and-decide
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2010-03-06
Age : 61
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:53 pm



Thanks AK Wilks.
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2010-03-06
Age : 61
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:59 pm

Interesting that thise two, possibly suspected Zodiac victims, were both killed at Thanksgiving, November 28, exactly 12 years apart & they were very much lookalikes:

Betsy Ruth Aardsma, Penn State College, PA Student, Jul 11, 1947 -November 28 1969, Killed at Thanksgiving

Joan Lucinda Webster, Harvard Universety, Ma Student, Aug 19,1956 -Novemeber 28 1981, Killed at Thanksgiving





http://joanwebstermurder.yolasite.com/ Joan Lucinda Webster case info

http://www.whokilledbetsy.org/what.html Betsy Ruth Aardsma case info

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98028 Betsy Ruth Aardsma case info
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:36 am

Roland pointed out, lots of new access to FBI Z files here-
http://vault.fbi.gov/search?SearchableText=zodiac
Much on the Atlanta Child murders too
Back to top Go down
soze
Inspector


Posts : 167
Join date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:35 am

Theforeigner wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:
Theforeigner wrote:
But I doubt he was the Atlanta murderer. Maybe he killed one or a few of the victims, but not all IMO.
Foreigner, are you saying that you believe Zodiac killed at least one of the children murdered in Atlanta?

No I´m not saying that I belive he did, I´m trying to say that he might have killed one of the victims (or maybe another victim, somone not included in the Atlanta murders?).

I belive he was traveling through Atlanta in March 1981, and knew all about the murders and decided to send a letter, to enjoy the game of it.


And I, different from other posters here, I find the "tone " in the letter as very Zodiac like .
Also several exact wordings are previous used by Zodiac, like thise wordings:

"Pick off" in one Z letter
"you people" in one Z letter
"have (got) to tell you" in one Z letter
"By the way" in two Z letters

And many single letters in the letter is VERY Zodiac like, it is just, as he tell us, he choose to change his handwritingstyle, BUT the single letters are still very Zodiac like IMO.

And then take a look at his signing of the letter with his name; "Zodiac" in that name his handwriting is very different from the rest of the letter and IMO VERY much his old Zodiac like handwriting style.

Just my humble opinion of course.

I agree with everything you stated above. The mention of change in handwriting reminds me of the Zodiac when he spoke of looking like the composite only when he does his thing.

The Atlanta letter with the W. Peachtree street address and its association to NBC stands out for me in regards to the Zodiac. It reminds me of the channel 9 letter to KHJ-TV in Los Angeles and its affiliation with NBC. There is also KRON (both TV and FM) that operated out of the Chronicle building at 5th and Mission from the 1940's to 1967 when it moved to Van Ness (location of the Old Saint Mary's Cathedral) that was also NBC affiliated. There is a connection between those two listed above with the Los Angeles Times, as well as, Gousha and the Phillips 66 Map. Too tired to list it all now. Maybe tomorrow.

In regards to Dice’s comment concerning 50-48:

In my opinion, when thinking of the Zodiac, I believe it applies to both. The Zodiac had a tendency to reference things with double meanings. So, I can see both the shortwave and the reference to Atlanta police officers. Digging a tad yesterday morning on the shortwave side of your comment, I came across a site that discussed transmitter power. Discussion on magnetic compass direction of main lobes reminded me of the Phillips 66 map. Don’t know that it even applies. Just that it struck me as something to look into.

Soze
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1071
Join date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:28 am



The handwriting in the above letter reminds me most of the Citizen letter. Compare the "z" in citizen and the way he dots the "i"s in both letters.



Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: HELLO IT'S ME   

Back to top Go down
 
HELLO IT'S ME
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Unconfirmed Zodiac Letters & Mailings General Discussion-
Jump to: