Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Lindy Sue Biechler

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Quicktrader
Chief


Posts : 550
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 42
Location : Vienna, Europe

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi all,

regarding the letter that refers to victim Lindy Sue Biechler:

Besides the fact that the author claims that he got busted once for drugs a few years back and that he lives in westend of Lancaster suburbs (north of LA):

1.) A 'Janice McCrum' is mentioned in the Montclair Tribune on 04/15/1971 as being honored by the principal of MHS Montclair High School, 4725 Benito Street Montclair, Los Angeles. She also was mentioned as 'Janice V. McCrum' in the Montclair Tribune on 06/12/1969 as well.

There also are 4 Janice Crums to be found on www.whitepages.com in California:

2.) Janice Crum, West Imperial Highway (Los Angeles)
3.) Janice E Crum, Hummingbird Drive (Ceres, near Modesto), age +65
4.) Janice M Crum Picardy Drive (Stockton), age 65+
5.) Janice T Crum Avenida Dorado (Desert Hot Springs), age 55-59

Difficult to guess which one she might have been.

However it could be worth to do some further research (anybody?) as she still might know the identity of the killer of Lindy Sue Biechler..

To me no. 3.) and 4.) are a nice match, at least they live directly in the Z-Zone (Kathleen Johns area). If this letter was truly signed by a concerned girlfriend of Z, this hint might be worth it.

QT
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin


Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 45
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:26 pm

Quicktrader wrote:
Hi all,

regarding the letter that refers to victim Lindy Sue Biechler:

Besides the fact that the author claims that he got busted once for drugs a few years back and that he lives in westend of Lancaster suburbs (north of LA):

1.) A 'Janice McCrum' is mentioned in the Montclair Tribune on 04/15/1971 as being honored by the principal of MHS Montclair High School, 4725 Benito Street Montclair, Los Angeles. She also was mentioned as 'Janice V. McCrum' in the Montclair Tribune on 06/12/1969 as well.

There also are 4 Janice Crums to be found on www.whitepages.com in California:

2.) Janice Crum, West Imperial Highway (Los Angeles)
3.) Janice E Crum, Hummingbird Drive (Ceres, near Modesto), age +65
4.) Janice M Crum Picardy Drive (Stockton), age 65+
5.) Janice T Crum Avenida Dorado (Desert Hot Springs), age 55-59

Difficult to guess which one she might have been.

However it could be worth to do some further research (anybody?) as she still might know the identity of the killer of Lindy Sue Biechler..

To me no. 3.) and 4.) are a nice match, at least they live directly in the Z-Zone (Kathleen Johns area). If this letter was truly signed by a concerned girlfriend of Z, this hint might be worth it.

QT

I had found these various Janice Crums in the bay area. There was another one that was a retired school teacher in the Oakland/SF area. There were also ones in other areas of the country. I still think that the letter in the Biechler case sounds an awfully lot like Z

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief


Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:30 pm

I also think there could be a Zodiac and/or California connection to this case but isn't it more likely the author was likely refering to Lancaster PA?

_________________
MODERATOR
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin


Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 45
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:54 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
I also think there could be a Zodiac and/or California connection to this case but isn't it more likely the author was likely refering to Lancaster PA?

There were no women by that name in the area that they were able to link to the case

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
entropy
Captain


Posts : 362
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:35 am

AK Wilks wrote:
I also think there could be a Zodiac and/or California connection to this case but isn't it more likely the author was likely refering to Lancaster PA?

He also mentions hanging out at the Manor Shopping Center on the west side of Lancaster, PA near where Lindy Biechler was killed. While there are certainly some similarities in the letter, do we really believe that Zodiac, after becoming public enemy #1 in San Francisco, moved on to sleepy little Lancaster, PA and taunted police about having hung out at the local shopping center?

This letter writer, IMHO, whether he has anything to do with the Biechler case or not, is probably quite a bit younger and almost certainly lived in the area for quite awhile.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin


Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 45
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:50 am

entropy wrote:
AK Wilks wrote:
I also think there could be a Zodiac and/or California connection to this case but isn't it more likely the author was likely refering to Lancaster PA?

He also mentions hanging out at the Manor Shopping Center on the west side of Lancaster, PA near where Lindy Biechler was killed. While there are certainly some similarities in the letter, do we really believe that Zodiac, after becoming public enemy #1 in San Francisco, moved on to sleepy little Lancaster, PA and taunted police about having hung out at the local shopping center?

This letter writer, IMHO, whether he has anything to do with the Biechler case or not, is probably quite a bit younger and almost certainly lived in the area for quite awhile.

I am not saying that I believe that, I am looking at possibilities,nothing more. 'IF' Zodiac moved to Lancaster,or any other town outside of CA,I think he might still be up to his old tricks as far as writing letters taking credit for crimes.If this was the case,then he certainly could not call himself Zodiac,as it would be very easy to locate people that had just come to PA from CA. The timeline fits the Zodiac timeline and his last confirmed letter. The writing,words,and same spelling errors in the Biechler case is very similar to Zodiac's. but beyond that,its all speculation. Wish I could have seen the handwriting on it before it got lost

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin


Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 45
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:45 pm

Still a longshot that Lindy's murder is Z related, but some of the tings from the letetr writer in her case are eerily similar to Zodiac....some of the same words, phrasings, etc..

And I was told the letter was lost by police because I wanted to compare the writing to Zodiac. But it seems, the letter may have 're-appeared'. Have a look at this recent video of Lindy's case and pay attention at 1:05 into the video. A copy of the original?
http://www.fox43.com/news/lancaster/wpmt-keeping-lindy-alive-20120514,0,4359961.story

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief


Posts : 2920
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Lake Tahoe

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:27 pm

Here are a couple of screen shots:




_________________

 "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."  ....Dr. Suess
Back to top Go down
entropy
Captain


Posts : 362
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:46 pm

WTF?

Nice find, morf. That definitely appears to be a copy of the letter but how odd that detectives thought the letter was lost. Perhaps it was copied by someone formerly working on the case and rediscovered?

I have to wonder if our expression of interest in this case didn't spark the increased interest by law enforcement. I had sent an email outlining why I felt RH should be investigated as a POI in the case. I know morf and AK had some contact as well. Whoever was responsible, this case seems eminently solveable to me- even 35 years later and even if the perpetrator is deceased.

I'll say again that I think the decision not to release this letter to the public for decades was unbelieveably foolish. Even though some or all of the personal information is probably bogus, SOMEONE may have recognized either handwriting or SOMETHING about the letter that connected to a particular individual. What the hell did they have to lose for a 35 year-old cold case?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin


Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 45
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:32 pm

TAHOE...thanks for the screenshots.

ENTROPY...yes, we played hell trying to get those copies, and ran into a brick wall. Part of the letter is printed,but they only show the cursive in this video. They missed a big chance to open up dialogue with the writer who wanted it to be 'published in the FRI paper'.

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
Quicktrader
Chief


Posts : 550
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 42
Location : Vienna, Europe

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi,

Manor Township Police Station is about 200 ft. away from Lindy Sue Biechler's home at 104a Kloss Drive, Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

The letter writer probably knew that as he directed his letter to particularly that police station. Would be interesting to know where it had been sent from. The letter writer also knew whom he could send the letter to, Lt. Sheeler. Got busted few years ago? I guess he was in contact with Lt. Sheeler and that police station in the past..was Lindy Sue Biechler connected to drugs? I don't know.

Betsy Ruth Aardsma was killed approx. 130 miles away from Lancaster.

Anybody who'd try to contact the Janice Crum's in Ceres / Oakland to ask them if they ever had finished the letter of their boyfriend?

QT
Back to top Go down
entropy
Captain


Posts : 362
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Quicktrader wrote:
Hi,

Manor Township Police Station is about 200 ft. away from Lindy Sue Biechler's home at 104a Kloss Drive, Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

The letter writer probably knew that as he directed his letter to particularly that police station. Would be interesting to know where it had been sent from. The letter writer also knew whom he could send the letter to, Lt. Sheeler. Got busted few years ago? I guess he was in contact with Lt. Sheeler and that police station in the past..was Lindy Sue Biechler connected to drugs? I don't know.

Betsy Ruth Aardsma was killed approx. 130 miles away from Lancaster.

Anybody who'd try to contact the Janice Crum's in Ceres / Oakland to ask them if they ever had finished the letter of their boyfriend?

QT

Interesting observation, QT. Sorry I missed it. My opinion has always been that the majority of communications to police or media in these kind of cases are pure misdirection and the letter to Manor Township Police in this case is no exception. Few people contact police about a crime they are involved with to help police do their jobs. Were any of Zodiac's communications intentionally helpful?

I know the Aardsma and Biechler cases are quite a distance apart but I do still find it intriguing that the primary person of interest in the Aardsma case (who knew Betsy and claimed to have dated her shortly before her murder) lived less than 4 miles away from Lindy Biechler at the time of her murder and much closer to her workplace. I just think that's a circumstantial connection worth exploring.
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain


Posts : 388
Join date : 2011-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Another intriguing piece of circumstantial information is the Aardsma suspect has the initials RH plus the poem written on the library desk that may be related to the Cheri Jo Bates case mentioned that the knifed victim had on a red dress (which Betsy Aardsma did) and the poem is signed with the initials "rh."

Iirc, the suspected "RH" traveled to California often.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin


Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 45
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:59 pm

patinky wrote:
Another intriguing piece of circumstantial information is the Aardsma suspect has the initials RH plus the poem written on the library desk that may be related to the Cheri Jo Bates case mentioned that the knifed victim had on a red dress (which Betsy Aardsma did) and the poem is signed with the initials "rh."

Iirc, the suspected "RH" traveled to California often.

He also got college training for his field in RED LODGE,MT, NOT Deer Lodge. Looked into him, he seemed to have been in southern CA, and in desert areas, not up north

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
entropy
Captain


Posts : 362
Join date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:36 am

morf13 wrote:
patinky wrote:
Another intriguing piece of circumstantial information is the Aardsma suspect has the initials RH plus the poem written on the library desk that may be related to the Cheri Jo Bates case mentioned that the knifed victim had on a red dress (which Betsy Aardsma did) and the poem is signed with the initials "rh."

Iirc, the suspected "RH" traveled to California often.

He also got college training for his field in RED LODGE,MT, NOT Deer Lodge. Looked into him, he seemed to have been in southern CA, and in desert areas, not up north

I would honestly file all of those connections in the Zynchronicity drawer but that's just me. RH was a graduate student at Penn State University during the entirety of Zodiac's active period. Aside from my skepticism about the desk poem, I just think the idea of someone commuting from PA repeatedly to murder people and mail scads of letters from the SF Bay area some 2500 miles or so away seems very unlikely. Even RH's possible connection to the Biechler case is unlikely, IMO, but I'd look at a guy living less than 4 miles away from the crime scene before someone most of the way across the country. There are a few other fairly compelling suspects by the way (one at least) from the info. morf shared with me.
Back to top Go down
Quicktrader
Chief


Posts : 550
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 42
Location : Vienna, Europe

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:16 am

[quote="entropy"]
Quicktrader wrote:

I know the Aardsma and Biechler cases are quite a distance apart but I do still find it intriguing that the primary person of interest in the Aardsma case (who knew Betsy and claimed to have dated her shortly before her murder) lived less than 4 miles away from Lindy Biechler at the time of her murder and much closer to her workplace. I just think that's a circumstantial connection worth exploring.

Definitely true...is it that 'Robert Hunter' or another name that I could check with the my-name-is-cipher? And what sort of ressources do you have for his connection to Lindy?

Thanks,


QT
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain


Posts : 388
Join date : 2011-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:36 am

I agree that Zodiac did not purposefully travel back and forth, coast to coast, to kill and mail letters.

I know little about California geography but isn't Riverside in Southern California? I haven't done a timeline on RH from Penn State but he probably was not in school on July 4th or August.

I don't have enough information on him, thus my interest. I'm not claiming he is Zodiac.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin


Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 45
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:32 pm

patinky wrote:
I agree that Zodiac did not purposefully travel back and forth, coast to coast, to kill and mail letters.

I know little about California geography but isn't Riverside in Southern California? I haven't done a timeline on RH from Penn State but he probably was not in school on July 4th or August.

I don't have enough information on him, thus my interest. I'm not claiming he is Zodiac.

The Aardsma case happened in between zodiac mailing letters, so it's possible(but unlikely that z could have killed Aardsma)

Aardsma was killed on Thanksgiving holiday, if there is a snowballs chance in hell that z killed her, maybe he was back in PA visiting Family for the holiday? When z did write again, he had upped his victim count

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin


Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 45
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:29 pm


_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin


Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 45
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:30 pm

I have some of Lindy's file at home, and will take a look for her address tomorrow.

_________________


Coming to you from some place in Z Land.

"Back when I was picking beans in Guatemala, we used to make fresh coffee, right off the trees I mean. That was good. This is shit but, hey, I'm in a police station"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Lindy Sue Biechler   

Back to top Go down
 
Lindy Sue Biechler
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Possible Zodiac Victims General Discussion :: All Other Possible Zodiac Victims-
Jump to: