Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Goleta Murders: 1979 - 1981

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: The Goleta Murders: 1979 - 1981   Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:41 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goleta_Murders_1979,_1981

I'll try to find more information, but I'd love to hear your thoughts =)
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Goleta Murders: 1979 - 1981   Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:35 pm

Sounds more like EARONS and less like Zodiac to me..Weird that the attacker brought a dog to the crime scene.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Goleta Murders: 1979 - 1981   Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Most of the police detectives I have talked to think these were the work of the EAR/ONS. There are specific MO links, like the type of knots used and other things.

You can see my take on EAR/ONS here:

http://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/ted-kaczynski-f26/analysis-of-the-ear-ons-poem-and-similarities-to-zodiac-and-kaczynski-t140.htm

And a good website on the case is here:

www.ear-ons.com

Back to top Go down
bruce3
Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Goleta Murders: 1979 - 1981   Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:34 pm

Don't relate this to Z,but crazy!He brings his dog to the house.That has got to be nuts.Maybe for intimidation purposes.There are not that many white German shepards so one would have thought this fact would have in some way exposed the killer.A real psycho that gets you frustrated every time you look at this case.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Goleta Murders: 1979 - 1981   Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:50 pm

And there was something weird about the dog, I think it was three toed.

The other theory is that the killer brought in a stray dog or the dog of a neighbor, knowing it would make tracks and the intent being to throw investigators off.

Most police on the case think the EAR/ONS started off as the Visalia Ransacker (VR), and he beat and killed dogs. And dogs reacted very strongly and negatively to the scent of the EAR/ONS.
Back to top Go down
Dice
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Goleta Murders: 1979 - 1981   Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:16 pm

bruce3 wrote:
He brings his dog to the house.That has got to be nuts.Maybe for intimidation purposes.

Maybe he used the dog as a ruse to get into the house since he brought the dog to at least 2 of the known Goleta crimes. Or maybe he did use the dog for intimidation as the first Goleta victims escaped their bindings and the first actual murder occurred when one of the male victims escaped his bindings and (according to the information I have read) lunged at his attacked being shot in the process. Did any of EAR/ONS victims escape the bindings? It seems that at least one of the victims in EVERY one of the Goleta attacks escaped their bindings.

I don't know, both the EAR and Z brought guns to all of their known crimes. If it is true that the Goleta killer used a knife he found at the first crime scene, then he may not have had one on him. EAR/ONS carried his own knife and typically approached his victims while they slept using a flashlight and his gun to immediately gain control. He would tie up the victims in different rooms and use measures to ensure his male victims would not try to get up/move while he committed the sexual assaults.

Even with the opportunity, the Goleta killer did not sexually assault his female victims. Apparently, he tied up at least one of the couples in the same room. Sure there are similarities to to EAR/ONS, but the differences are striking imho. If it is true about the DNA not matching, well it couldn't be the same guy. I just don't know how the DNA was obtained since the Goleta murderer did not rape any of his victims. It would be more reassuring if the DNA was not from a single crime scene.

Anyway, I have been searching for a post which claims Ted K could not have been EAR/ONS because he was working in Chicago in 1979 during 2 EAR/ONS attacks. I don't know if the information about Ted working at that time is accurate, but the crimes from the post were Goleta attacks iirc. So, if the Goleta killer and EAR/ONS were different perpetrators, then then post claiming Ted could not have been EAR/ONS because he was not the Goleta murderer carries no water.

Personally, I don't think it is likely that Ted was the EAR/ONS. However, there doesn't seem to be anything in Ted's known timeline or the timeline of EAR/ONS attacks which eliminates Ted for certain imo.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Goleta Murders: 1979 - 1981   Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:02 am

"Personally, I don't think it is likely that Ted was the EAR/ONS. However, there doesn't seem to be anything in Ted's known timeline or the timeline of EAR/ONS attacks which eliminates Ted for certain imo."

That is correct. There is one EAR rape, non-DNA, which conflicts with a paper record of Ted working in Chicago. However:

* There is a lot of evidence that there was an EAR A and an EAR B, plus at least one known EAR copycat, so it is not clear that rape was from the EAR/ONS DNA linked killer. There are no conflicts with the EAR DNA rapes or any of the murders - in fact there is evidence showing TK was at his hotel where he went prior to going to California within 30 days of most of the murders.

* The company was run by his family, creating an easy ability to create a fake record.

* There was a 24 to 48 hour gap, thus it can't be totally excluded because of air travel.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Goleta Murders: 1979 - 1981   Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:25 am

Was the dog involved a white Alsation? I think I read this somewhere. Over here in the UK lots of Alsations about but not many at all that are white, so the dog would be noticable to neighbours etc if that description was given out.

Edit: lol I've just read Bruce's post. A white Alsation is not common at all I wonder how widely that information was reported.
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Goleta Murders: 1979 - 1981   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Leaving the Dog is interesting. A sign, clew? Looked up White Alasation, on Wikipedia it says: white coat is more visible, making the dog a poor guard dog.
Also German Shepards were hugh with the Process Church peeps, correct? Just pondering all avenues.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Goleta Murders: 1979 - 1981   Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:02 pm

This link is a 12 page pdf with information on the Goleta murders. Murders in Ventura and Orange Counties are discussed in relationship to the Goleta murders and apparently DNA in the Ventura and Orange County murders matched that of the EAR/ONS crimes.

http://jjmcgr.org/BK/Ventura%20Star%20Articles.pdf
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Goleta Murders: 1979 - 1981   

Back to top Go down

The Goleta Murders: 1979 - 1981
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1