Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Edward Wayne Edwards

Go down 
+8
Seagull
bentley
Jem
Nin
AK Wilks
tahoe27
Nachtsider
morf13
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edward Wayne Edwards   Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 3:39 pm

A few articles I got from The Orgonian, a Portland newspaper, about Edwards crimes there and the couples murder he was thought to have committed there in 1960.

Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 Ewe8

Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 Ewe9a

Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 Ewe9b

Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 Ewe5

Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 Ewe6

Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 Ewe1

Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 Ewe7

Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 Ewe4a

Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 Ewe2s

Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 Ewe3

Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Edward Wayne Edwards   Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Spoke to an interested Law Enforcement Detective in MT yeasterday about Edwards. He said he was one of a FEW LE Detectives that think Edwards may have been involved in the Z crimes, as well as various other attacks of couples.
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Edward Wayne Edwards   Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:22 pm

morf13 wrote:
Spoke to an interested Law Enforcement Detective in MT yesterday about Edwards. He said he was one of a FEW LE Detectives that think Edwards may have been involved in the Z crimes, as well as various other attacks of couples.

Edwards is one of my favorite POIs but I can't see him as the Responsible in the Cheri Jo Bates case.

I also think that solving the Donna Edwards/Domingos will go a long way toward solving some of the Z cases.

Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

PostSubject: Re: Edward Wayne Edwards   Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:25 pm

morf13 wrote:
Spoke to an interested Law Enforcement Detective in MT yeasterday about Edwards. He said he was one of a FEW LE Detectives that think Edwards may have been involved in the Z crimes, as well as various other attacks of couples.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest Morf. Although his MO changed a lot, he was responsible for shooting/tieing up/stabbing young couples in lovers lanes. He also loved courting the media and taunting LE and pretty much fits the general description of Z in height, weight, build, age and hair colour. He also served time at Deer's Lodge and escaped from prison.

On top of that, he can be placed in areas such as Portland, Atlanta, Houston, etc in the 60's, 70s and 80's where kids/couples were found murdered and taunting letters were sent to LE. Would really love LE to submit some of the evidence from these cases to modern forensic testing to see if they can be linked to Edwards. I personally believe he was one of America's most prolific killers but that he took most of his secrets to the grave.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Edward Wayne Edwards   Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Whereever Edwads went, young couples on lovers lanes seemed to die,thats for sure. But his prints most likely have been compared to Zodiac's, and the writing I have seen from him doesnt look much like Z's in my opinion. Still, the fact he liked stalking young couples,and also was in Deer Lodge with Bujok & Valentine/Dryman, is of interest
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Edward Wayne Edwards   Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Maybe he was only responsible for LB?

Wink Mad tongue
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Edward Wayne Edwards   Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:02 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
Maybe he was only responsible for LB?

Wink Mad tongue

Over the years I've come to believe either the canonical five are by more than one offender or else there is corroborating evidence that positively connects the five but said evidence has never been released to the public.

Lots and lots of variables in those five cases. I'd add the Domingos/Edwards case but have doubts about Bates, Ferrin/Mageau and Jensen/Farraday.

Still undecided about Kathleen Johns but Edwards being the driver in her abduction could explain the items in the back seat that Johns reported as possibly belonging to young children. Iirc, he had children while in California.

Back to top Go down
smithy
Chief
smithy

PostSubject: Re: Edward Wayne Edwards   Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 5:01 pm

You've got my vote. Wink
Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

PostSubject: Re: Edward Wayne Edwards   Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 8:15 am

The more time goes by, the more I think that Z might not have been responsible for the canonical 5 murders or even 1963 and 1966.

I think that he is responsible for a few of these and reckon that LE has already spoken to him at some point but my guess is that he was dismissed by LE at some point because he had an alibi for Lake Herman Rd or maybe Berryessa, etc.

It wouldn't surprise me if Z actually rolled up in Vallejo in July 1969 and copied the Lake Herman killing but because he wasn't in California in 1968, LE checked him out and let him go again...
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Edward Wayne Edwards   Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 10:31 am

Thanks for the vote, Smithy. Smile

Quagmire, good points. I see your logic.

One thing about Berryessa is the hood Zodiac wore. Why do that for just one killing? Perhaps after Mageau survived Zodiac was afraid of being identified??????? Perhaps he was afraid a passerby might see him????

I agree that LE at least interviewed the person who was Zodiac and either dismissed him or else suspected him but had no evidence to hold him in custody. After all these years it would be wonderful if copies of all evidence could be released to the public or at least released to a select group who has been vetted. Sort of a "Junior Vidocq Society."
Back to top Go down
smithy
Chief
smithy

PostSubject: Re: Edward Wayne Edwards   Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 11:46 am

patinky wrote:
One thing about Berryessa is the hood Zodiac wore. Why do that for just one killing?

Perhaps he realised that he didn't fit the description given at BRS very well, hmmmmm?
Back to top Go down
patinky
Captain
patinky

PostSubject: Re: Edward Wayne Edwards   Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:03 pm

smithy wrote:
patinky wrote:
One thing about Berryessa is the hood Zodiac wore. Why do that for just one killing?

Perhaps he realised that he didn't fit the description given at BRS very well, hmmmmm?

I tend to think he did fit the description so tried the hood to cover his face (except as reported by Shepherd who said he stood behind a tree watching them (sans hood)).

Edwards was certainly "beefy" and seems to have had a personality that enjoyed game playing, along with an attitude that he was smarter than the cops. I can't think of anything I've read or seen that excludes Edwards but memory isn't my strong suit anymore. Sleep
Back to top Go down
onewhoknows
Chief
onewhoknows

PostSubject: Re: Edward Wayne Edwards   Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Here is part of a recent LE communication regarding Zodiac Fingerprints.

"The palm impressions may be of use at some point as pretty much all of our prints are palm/cutting edge however I am not sure anyone has said for sure we have “ The Zodiacs “ prints. Booking prints are traditionally just fingerprints so finding more can also be hard to do!"

Unless someone can show two prints from a crime scene or letter which match, there are no Zodiac prints.
The idea that the Zodiac suspect's prints are loaded into some digital system, ever vigilant to match a crook, is not real.
I'm just not sure that fingerprints alone can rule out any suspect.

Furthermore, not having committed Santa Barbara or the Cheri Jo Bates murder, does not mean someone was not Zodiac.
As the DOJ does not consider Riverside to be the doing of Zodiiac.

Just saying...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edward Wayne Edwards   Edward Wayne Edwards - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Edward Wayne Edwards
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2