Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station

Go down 
+3
Nachtsider
AuthUser
AK Wilks
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station Empty
PostSubject: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:58 pm

Thanks to Howard Davis for his work on making this letter available and his analysis of it.

I agree that in talking about this letter, we should use "N word", but I will not alter the actual letter.

May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station Zodiac29

May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station Zodiac30
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 5:02 pm

This is the last part of the EAR/ONS poem:

To make a movie of my life
That will pay for my planned exile.
Just now I'd like to add the wife
Of a Mafia lord to my file.

Your East Area Rapist
And deserving pest
See you in the press or on T.V.

Compare to the last part of an unconfirmed letter from the Zodiac sent in May 1978:

May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station See_yo12

Both talk about a MOVIE being made of their life. And the sign offs have an eerie similarity:

EAR/ONS: "See you in the press or on T.V."

"Zodiac": "See you in the News!"

The EAR/ONS letter is thought by the police to be real as it mentioned inside information only the EAR could know, the May 1978 Zodiac letter is not confirmed as real, and for numerous reasons, may be fake. Yet I am struck by the similarities in the letters, and have no explanation or even theory for it. A previous Zodiac letter, confirmed as real, talked about adding victims to his "little list"; the EAR/ONS poem talks about adding victims to his "file". The May 1978 Zodiac letter also has a "death list" with five names on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 5:08 pm

(I completely agree, AK....NOT to censor the original text, but when we quote we should not write it out, exactly as you said....Thank you; you are always a gentleman...)
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:50 pm

Close up of "apple" on envelope(?) and close up of same type of stamp that was used (the sideways "N" looks like a "Z").

May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station Zodiac33

May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station Stamp_10
Back to top Go down
AuthUser
Inspector
AuthUser

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:26 pm

AK Wilks wrote:

I find the return address interesting. Since it's mirror imaged, it would read:
AIC
A.G.C.G.T.H.!

At first, I thought AIC was CIA, but that doesn't follow with the rest of the printing. What's AIC?

And the rest is: 1234567, All Good Children Go To Heaven!

How strange.

Auth
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:30 pm

Yes.

A Beatles fan? They had a song with that line, "1234567, all good children go to heaven".

Another Manson reference - Charlie being a well known fan of the four lads from Liverpool?

A l C - CIA?

A l C = Airman 1st Class?

Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:20 pm

Read the excellent analysis of Howard Davis on this possible but unconfirmed "Zodiac" letter:

http://thezodiacmansonconnection.com/ch9_letter.html

http://thezodiacmansonconnection.com/ch9_envelope.html

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:48 pm

While I don't agree with the entirety of Howard's analysis (including linking it as a Zodiac communication), I certainly believe that this is most definitely from some member or wannabe member of the Manson Family, and Howard's analysis does a wonderful job showing it that.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Right.

OR...that it was from someone, Zodiac or not, who wanted to (mis)direct police into thinking there was a Manson tie in to the Zodiac case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Oh totally...or a Zodiac tie-in to the Manson case...but either way, I'm in agreement.
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
Nachtsider

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:57 pm

Said it before, will say it again. If not for the handwriting, I'd be convinced this was the real McCoy. Phraseology is spot on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:55 pm

Without the list of would-be victims and envelope, I'd be inclined to agree with you...
Back to top Go down
soze
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:50 am

In this letter, the writer mentions LA PD Chief Gates. Gates was known publicly as "Daryl Gates", however, he was born "Darrel Francis Gates". Interestingly, the writer of this letter seems to know the correct name.

Soze
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyFri May 20, 2011 1:22 pm

soze wrote:
In this letter, the writer mentions LA PD Chief Gates. Gates was known publicly as "Daryl Gates", however, he was born "Darrel Francis Gates". Interestingly, the writer of this letter seems to know the correct name.

Soze

That is an interesting observation that nobody ever noticed before!

It is a little thing...but to me, it shows "Zodiac", or whoever wrote this letter, had an eye for detail and precision.

Its odd.
Back to top Go down
soze
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyFri May 20, 2011 1:51 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
It is a little thing...but to me, it shows "Zodiac", or whoever wrote this letter, had an eye for detail and precision.

Its odd.

I agree and do believe the Zodiac wrote this letter. Just a thought and slightly off topic: I wonder if the Zodiac might have pegged Paul Avery correctly when he used the word "Averly"?

Soze
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyFri May 20, 2011 6:26 pm

Just a thought.

The AIC is boxed off with what could be a backwards L with a long lower portion of the L not unlike the L in the address of the Halloween Card envelop to Paul Averly.

Could that part read as LAIC backwards? I'm thinking LAIC could stand for Los Angeles Incident Command.

Daryl Gates was the person responsible for creating SWAT and the first time SWAT was ever put into action was in Los Angeles Dec. 8, 1969 against the Black Panthers. It certainly did not work as well in action as it had on paper. There were more LE casualties than Panther casualities.

Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
soze
Inspector

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:32 pm

Seagull wrote:
Just a thought.

The AIC is boxed off with what could be a backwards L with a long lower portion of the L not unlike the L in the address of the Halloween Card envelop to Paul Averly.

Could that part read as LAIC backwards? I'm thinking LAIC could stand for Los Angeles Incident Command.

Daryl Gates was the person responsible for creating SWAT and the first time SWAT was ever put into action was in Los Angeles Dec. 8, 1969 against the Black Panthers. It certainly did not work as well in action as it had on paper. There were more LE casualties than Panther casualities.

I could see that.

Soze
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:54 pm

AuthUser wrote:
AK Wilks wrote:

I find the return address interesting. Since it's mirror imaged, it would read:
AIC
A.G.C.G.T.H.!

At first, I thought AIC was CIA, but that doesn't follow with the rest of the printing. What's AIC?

And the rest is: 1234567, All Good Children Go To Heaven!

How strange.

Auth

AK = Yes.

A Beatles fan? They had a song with that line, "1234567, all good children go to heaven".

Another Manson reference - Charlie being a well known fan of the four lads from Liverpool?

A l C - CIA?

A l C = Airman 1st Class?

Three months before this letter came out, in February 1978, a man shot and killed USAF Sgt. Brian Maggiore and his wife Kate. Police believe this man was very likely the EAR/ONS. Brian Maggiore was a Sgt. when he was killed, but I think about one year earlier when his wedding was announced he was an "A1C" - Airman First Class. The stamp used also looks similar to Air Force symbols.

This is a picture of the door at the Manson ranch - notice the "1234567 All Good Children Go To Heaven". Beneath that the May 78 possible Zodiac envelope is reversed.

IMO this letter is from someone, perhaps the real Zodiac, trying to misdirect police/press into thinking Zodiac is tied to the Manson Family.

May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station Manson11

May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station May_7810
Back to top Go down
rand
Chief
rand

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:34 pm

See how the 9 is made like a g here in the zip code:

Compare with the letter sent to Lass's sister:

May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station Aits1010
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:51 am

wow... dead on, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:38 am

rand wrote:
See how the 9 is made like a g here in the zip code:

Compare with the letter sent to Lass's sister:

May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station Aits1010

Rand good catch. But I wil raise another scenario- What if both the Lass xmas card & LA letter are NOT from the real Z? I say this because of the fact the 9 on these 2 letters does not seem to match the 9 at all found on the car door at Berryessa.

May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station Door14
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 12:42 pm

Good work by all.

Morf, my thought would be that either these are fakes or they were done by Zodiac in an attempt to not use his natural writing.

The Lass case was fairly obscure and the possible connection to Zodiac not widely reported, and in any event mostly forgotten when the card was sent. It seems to me an odd choice for a hoaxer to send such a nasty letter to the sister of Lass. My thought is that when Zodiac wanted it to be ambiguous if it was from him or not, he would attempt to alter his trademark writing style - maybe by doing it left handed, or more ornate, or stylized.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station   May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station Empty

Back to top Go down

May 1978 Unconfirmed Zodiac Letter To LA TV Station
Page 1 of 1