Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Barbara Jane Parkin

Go down 
+10
tahoe27
Quicktrader
AK Wilks
bentley
Azazel
sandy betts
Zamantha
morf13
Roland
Admin
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Barbara Jane Parkin Empty
PostSubject: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Forgot how I first heard about this woman and exactly when this article is from, but she was from Vallejo, and found shot repeatedly on the beach. No apparent motive.

Barbara Jane Parkin Parkin10

Barbara Jane Parkin Parkin11

Some interesting Zodiac similarities here:

* Attacked on a beach (like confirmed Zodiac victims Hartnell & Shepard, and possible Zodiac victims Domingos & Edwards, not to mention the Jenner Beach murders)

* Shot repeatedly, no motive

*Skindiver like zodiac suspect Arthur Leigh Allen

* Lived in Vallejo
Back to top Go down
https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com
Roland
Police Officer
Roland

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:37 am

Here some additional information:

http://www.zodiackiller.com/mba/opzv/722.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.zodiologists.com
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:59 am

Roland wrote:
Here some additional information:

http://www.zodiackiller.com/mba/opzv/722.html

Thanks Roland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:41 am

Extremely interesting that she was the same age as Allen and attended High School with him. I wonder who the mystery suitor was?
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Wonder if Howard aka Bruce was able to find more on this one? I'll ask him for us.
Nurse/1967/Vallejo/Beach.........you have to wonder!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:31 pm

The confirmed Zodiac attacks included a .22 pistol, and two different models of 9mm pistols. A .32 caliber was never used by Z (that we know of). But if he was a gun nut, who knows how many guns he had
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:47 pm

I forget what year she was killed. But I did find a BARBARA J. PARKIN killed on 12/8/67, but her death county is listed as MARIN COUNTY. Not being from CA, was she found in Marin county based on the articles above?

Interesting, she was shot 9 times, as was possible Z victim Linda Edwards. Funny, while looking for info on Parkin, I found a news article from 3/22/72 about an unidentified woman found near the Oakland Waterfront. She had been shot 9 times in the back too. I will see if I can find anymore on that victim.

This is all I could find:
Barbara Jane Parkin Shot_910
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:34 am

Yep another nurse as well, how many nurses have we here. For arguments sake compared to waitresses like Darlene. Too many of these women were in nursing,if this had been policewomen or all women that worked in a bank I would feel the same way. Something fishy about this.
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: nurse's   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptySun May 02, 2010 3:42 am

I didn't read about the ones I was told about in the late 80's in Oakland / Alameda county and the city of Alameda.
But while I was working in Oakland, a nurse who use to come in with her husband ,told me that there had been many nurse's missing from that area .

I don't want to sound redundant, but I have a news paper article that came out in the San Pablo news paper, back in the early 60's.( San Pablo is just south of Vallejo)
It was about me and my work as a "libation nurse". I would like to find the person who wrote that about me ,and a few other restaurants in the area. It didn't show the reporters name, but that was the first and last time that I was ever called a "libation nurse".
Could the Z have been that writer ? I don't know, but he had a lot of nice things to say about me ,unlike what the Z would write I think, except for the words Libation nurse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptySun May 02, 2010 4:04 am

Post that article up if you can Sandy. It wasn't Tuckers wife you were talking to was it, behind the Creature I find ALA's pal Tucker interesting. His wife was a nurse and was working in Oakland, remember it was supposedly an Oakland Hospital that the 'Sam' phone call to Belli came from. I'll need to read Unmasked again but he also has ties to Berkley and used to go Scuba diving with ALA. I've always found him much more interesting than Cheney as a possible double act he also supplied more info than Cheney to begin with and actually owned a brown corvair.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Lieuntenant
Azazel

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptySun May 02, 2010 4:54 am

Penn worked at Point Reyes Bird Observatory. But it was later for all that its worth.
About the murder of Barbara Jane Parkin.
Was this commited any way near where Leona Roberts was found?
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptySun May 02, 2010 12:15 pm

About 30 miles up the coast Az. McClures beach is on a very remote peninsula, I rarely see anyone else when I hike out there.

What puts me off as it being a Z crime is it's prior to December 1968, when Z told us he commenced his "Collection of Slavers for Afterlife" and began his body count. Could of been lying, don't know why for the boastful Z.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptySun May 02, 2010 4:57 pm

bentley wrote:
About 30 miles up the coast Az. McClures beach is on a very remote peninsula, I rarely see anyone else when I hike out there.

What puts me off as it being a Z crime is it's prior to December 1968, when Z told us he commenced his "Collection of Slavers for Afterlife" and began his body count. Could of been lying, don't know why for the boastful Z.

Could have been lying, or didnt want to draw attention to himself for some reason regarding these earlier crimes. Then again, maybe he created this "character" after the 12/20/68 murders, as he didnt initially write regarding the LHR crimes either.
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Barbara Jane Parkin
1948 Apache Trail, Vallejo YearBook
Class 11-B
Row 3

Barbara Jane Parkin BarbaraJaneParkin
Back to top Go down
Zamantha
Chief
Zamantha

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Independant Journal
Articles tracked down by Sandy & Zam*

12/7/1967 DOD
Loooong busy day at the library....somehow we wrote different dates on the articles.

Barbara Jane Parkin BarbaraJaneParkinNewspaper
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Solar, The hospital was in Napa where those phone calls to Belli were made. A call was made to "Oakland" PD telling them he wanted to call Belli.That might be why you thought it was a Oakland hospital.
I don't remember the nurse's name who told me about all of the missing nurse's, she lived in Crocket , I remember that.
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:01 pm

The day Zamantha and I were looking for these articles and dating them, I made a mistake and wrote 1979 instead of 67 , sorry for any confusion. We were looking at many victims of crime that day, and we became tired after so many hours.
Zam is the one who scans everything ,so for the article about me the "Libation nurse", she will be the one to do that when she has more time.
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:11 pm

morf13 wrote:
I forget what year she was killed. But I did find a BARBARA J. PARKIN killed on 12/8/67, but her death county is listed as MARIN COUNTY. Not being from CA, was she found in Marin county based on the articles above?

Interesting, she was shot 9 times, as was possible Z victim Linda Edwards. Funny, while looking for info on Parkin, I found a news article from 3/22/72 about an unidentified woman found near the Oakland Waterfront. She had been shot 9 times in the back too. I will see if I can find anymore on that victim.

Interesting Morf, That this was on the 2 yr anniversary of Kathleen Johns . The number 9 is a number that Z would use as a clue, Darlene being shot 9 times with a 9 mil.

Barbara Parkin's police investigation reported 10 shots at first and then 8 shots, so I am unsure of just how many there were ? But for sure a over kill, like z.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:44 pm

sandy betts wrote:
morf13 wrote:

Interesting Morf, That this was on the 2 yr anniversary of Kathleen Johns . The number 9 is a number that Z would use as a clue, Darlene being shot 9 times with a 9 mil.

Barbara Parkin's police investigation reported 10 shots at first and then 8 shots, so I am unsure of just how many there were ? But for sure a over kill, like z.

The Parkin case has Zodiac's prints all over it in my opinion. A senseless shooting, no motive, no rape/robbery, etc in the SF bay area (along the water dont forget), and add the fact she was from Vallejo...pretty interesting.

Also Sandy, regarding the woman found near the Oakland waterfront shot many times in the back,I tried but could never find any article that mentioned her being identified. Certainly reminds me of the Parkin case, and the shooting in the back is like Betty Lou Jensen. And I never thought of the fact it was on the 2 year anniv of the Johns attack. Pretty interesting. Perhaps, Seagull or Foreigner can dig up an article that provided more clues or an ID of the victim. They are both exceptional at that stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:46 am

Very interesting stuff. Parkin sure seems to fit.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:00 am

Is this the woman who lived on Grant Street in Berkeley?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:30 am

AK Wilks wrote:

No,Parkin lived in Vallejo.
Back to top Go down
Quicktrader
Chief
Quicktrader

PostSubject: Parkin was found at...   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:29 pm

McClure´s Beach at Marin's Point Reyes National seashore. Her car - a blue 1958 sedan, parked on the bluff above where her body was found by Bruce H. Gaines, 25, of San Francisco, who had gone to the beach to fish.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
AK Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:54 pm

morf13 wrote:
AK Wilks wrote:

No,Parkin lived in Vallejo.

She was from Vallejo but this article says she lived on Grant Street in Berkeley.

She grew up 1.3 miles from the home of Zodiac suspect Arthur Leigh Allen in Vallejo, at the time of her death she lived 1.4 miles away from Zodiac suspect Ted Kaczynski who lived on Regent St. in Berkeley, and her Grant St. home in Berkeley was just one block from Telegraph Ave., site of a possible aborted Zodiac attack.

San Francisco Examiner
Saturday, December 9, 1967

NURSE FOUND SLAIN IN MARIN -- 9 SHOTS

Victim of multiple of gun wounds, the body of
a blonde, blue-eyed nurse was found yesterday in a
wild, desolate part of Marin's Point Reyes National Seashore. She was identified through fingerprints as Barbara Jane Parkin, 34, of 2224C Grant St., Berkeley, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Richard B. Parkin of 218 Nebraska, St., Vallejo.

Sheriff Louis Montanos and Deputy Coroner Keith
Craig said pending further investigation, they
had no clues and no suspects, although one man she was known to have had a phone talk with last Wednesday has been questioned.

The body was found by Bruce H. Gaines. 25, of
1071 Clayton St., San Francisco, who had gone to
McClure's Beach to fish. He called the Sheriff's
office.

Deputies said the dead woman lay curled on her
side, her head tucked against the base of a fallen
tree. She was fully clothed in blue, denim cutoffs, a long-sleeved yellow sweat shirt, a short wool coat and blue tennis shoes.

There were wounds in her left ear, forehead, left
breast, left knee, right thigh, her back, nape of the neck, left buttock and left groin.

Craig said there were no immediate indications
that the murder involved a sex offense, but that could not be certain until a complete autopsy was completed later today.

Identification was established at the State
Bureau of Criminal Identification by deputies who
went to Sacremento during the night. Miss Parkin's
prints were on file there, as she had applied in 1954 to become a public nurse.

Once her identity and residence were known, the
sheriff contacted her brother, Richard B. Parkin Jr., of 2829 Delmore Rd., San Pablo. The brother said he had not seen Miss Parkin for about three months and did not know if she had been working recently as a nurse, or where. She held
a regular nurse's rating.

He described her as a "very intelligent woman"
who was graduated from Vallejo High School, had
attended UC of Berkeley, then obtained a bachelor of science degree from the UC School of Nursing in
San Francisco.

Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:31 pm

While it's interesting she was from Vallejo, I don't see this (necessarily) as being a Zodiac crime. It seems as every nurse murder is put under Zodiac and I don't know why.

Even 40+ years later, a nurse it murdered and it must be Zodiac!

Zodiac aside, the articles are still important and I appreciate Sandy and Zam finding them for us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barbara Jane Parkin   Barbara Jane Parkin Empty

Back to top Go down

Barbara Jane Parkin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Possible Zodiac Victims General Discussion :: All Other Possible Zodiac Victims-
Jump to: