Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help looking at a POI

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Help looking at a POI Empty
PostSubject: Help looking at a POI   Help looking at a POI EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 3:09 pm

I wanted to see if anyone was interested in helping do some preliminary digging on a potential POI. I call him a POI, since he knew Darlene Ferrin, lived very close to Washington & Cherry, and I think he also may have lived in South Tahoe. And one other point of interest, I even found an address for him in Mass (Joan Webster). I dont have the time to dedicate to looking at him alone, and I already have my own suspect, so any help is appreciated, especially from those who are good with ANCESTRY.com as there are two people with the same name, and I need to sort them out.

Please post your interest level, or PM me, thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help looking at a POI   Help looking at a POI EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 5:01 pm

Morf:

I think a really innovative idea would be eliminating POIs before considering new ones. I don't know about you, but anyone new to this case interested enough in forum work would be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of -- mostly dubious -- persons of interest, many concocted by nutcases or, like ALA, long ago eliminated by professional law enforcement.

I'd start with Arthur Leigh Allen, Jack Tarrance, Richard Gaikowski, and Guy Ward Hendrickson, then work down from there. Let's eliminate some of these folks -- the essence of good detective work -- even if others think it's the opinion of the board moderators that they be eliminated.

At some, point, pursuing all these POIs and never having the courage to eliminate any of them becomes the height of absurdity. Adding more makes it even worse.
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Help looking at a POI   Help looking at a POI EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Morf if you PM me his name/info I´ll check him out on Ancestry.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Help looking at a POI   Help looking at a POI EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 6:33 pm

MikeM wrote:
Morf:

I think a really innovative idea would be eliminating POIs before considering new ones. I don't know about you, but anyone new to this case interested enough in forum work would be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of -- mostly dubious -- persons of interest, many concocted by nutcases or, like ALA, long ago eliminated by professional law enforcement.

I'd start with Arthur Leigh Allen, Jack Tarrance, Richard Gaikowski, and Guy Ward Hendrickson, then work down from there. Let's eliminate some of these folks -- the essence of good detective work -- even if others think it's the opinion of the board moderators that they be eliminated.

At some, point, pursuing all these POIs and never having the courage to eliminate any of them becomes the height of absurdity. Adding more makes it even worse.

For me, you can take every one of those guys off the list, as they are very likely NOT Zodiac. ALA has been ruled out 6 ways from Sunday.

This is a simple project, may not take much time at all. Simply because this guy lived very close to the scene of the Stine murder, and knew Darlene Ferrin, doesnt make him Zodiac, but makes him at least interesting. Maybe a quick photo or written document can be obtained then can quickly rule him out. Again, I am not making a huge project out of this, I already have someone that is a great Zodiac suspect in my opinion, and digging for info on him takes up the bulk of my spare time.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Help looking at a POI   Help looking at a POI EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Theforeigner wrote:

Morf if you PM me his name/info I´ll check him out on Ancestry.

Thanks Foreigner, as always, I know you do great work. I will send you a PM.
Back to top Go down
MAZZY
Inspector
MAZZY

PostSubject: Re: Help looking at a POI   Help looking at a POI EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:27 am

If you private message me his name I will do some research for you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help looking at a POI   Help looking at a POI EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:53 am

morf13 wrote:
For me, you can take every one of those guys off the list, as they are very likely NOT Zodiac. ALA has been ruled out 6 ways from Sunday.

I agree with you, but I think the information ruling them out should be included. Then lock the topics and move them to an archive of "ruled out" suspects.

Research has to have a goal, and in criminology, the goal is to catch the bad guy (or gal). Just researching for research's sake isn't of much value, and even with the advent of all these forums, all this research has produced no Zodiac.

BTW, I'd be up for removing Mike O'Hare from the list as well. I've seen no hard evidence that connects him in any way to the crimes (unless Ray Grant developed some stuff recently). Gareth Penn's "evidence" against O'Hare is nothing but distracting crap.

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Help looking at a POI   Help looking at a POI EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:27 pm

I am in overdrive, and am currently looking or helping to look at 3 different POI's and I forgot this guy here.

This guy WAS in Darlene Ferrin's address book. This guy DID live very close to the Paul Stine murder scene. And if I am not mistaken, this guy DID work with Darlene at one point. I am still hoping to get some help with this guy. Any volunteers?
Back to top Go down
bentley
Chief
bentley

PostSubject: Re: Help looking at a POI   Help looking at a POI EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 4:20 am

Here is where the guy lived (the green B) and the scene of the Stine murder ( the yellow 1). As we know Z was seen heading in the opposite direction down Jackson St...

Help looking at a POI Funsto10
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Help looking at a POI   Help looking at a POI EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 6:30 am

bentley wrote:
Here is where the guy lived (the green B) and the scene of the Stine murder ( the yellow 1). As we know Z was seen heading in the opposite direction down Jackson St...

Help looking at a POI Funsto10

Thanks for that Bentley. While true Z was observed heading in the opposite direction, if he did truly duck into the presidio woods, he could have gone in any direction, and if he doubled back towards his residence, he could have emerged pretty close to his residence. Still think it is interesting that someone that knew Darlene and worked with her at one time, also happened to live that close to the Stine murder.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Help looking at a POI   Help looking at a POI EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 11:32 am

I think I know who you might be talking about. PM me a name and I too will look.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Help looking at a POI   Help looking at a POI EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 12:39 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
I think I know who you might be talking about. PM me a name and I too will look.

Just sent you a PM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help looking at a POI   Help looking at a POI Empty

Back to top Go down

Help looking at a POI
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Zodiac Suspects & POI's General Discussion :: All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's-
Jump to: