Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 SONOMA COUNTY

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:13 pm

I am confused. It look like Manalli signed up for San Fran college in late 1960. I have the following article from the 3/31/61 Freeport Journal Standard from Freeport, IL. It shows that in March, 1961, Fredric Manalli was a teacher in the Durand, IL school district, and was intending to resign at the end of the year, which would likely be June,1961. Also, a few posts back, I noted that Manalli directed a school play there in April, a month after this article. Does that mean he overlapped his teaching in Ohio, with his move to CA?


Also cant forget that there were a few people that mentioned possible Z activity, including that RED PHANTOM letter to Count Marco from CHICAGO, which is about 2 hours from where Manalli lived if I am not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : No. California

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:29 pm

I am checking my letters Morf. Not all the dates on them include the year. I've kept them in the order in which I've received them thinking they were arranged correctly. That might not be the case as I've just come across one letter which mentions Durrand HS and it's after a letter that says they had moved to CA. We may have to shift his arrival in CA forward one year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Seagull, would you prefer for Manalli to have his own thread in the SUSPECTS section? I dont mean to take up so mcuh of your Sonoma County victims thread.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : No. California

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:58 pm

The Sonoma County Sheriff's Office has registered missing victim Jeannette Kamahele with NamUs, a national database of the DOJ/FBI. Here is a link to her page. Be sure to explore all of the information posted by continuing to go to the next available page.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8069
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
Seagull
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : No. California

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:44 am

A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by Kevin Fagan, a reporter with the San Francisco Chronicle, and was asked to do an interview about the SRHM and my website. I spoke to the reporter on the phone for about an hour discussing the crimes and also told him I would try to help find some of the victims relatives and friends so they could also be interviewed. Kevin was able to make contact with a few people with mixed results.

Later in the week Kevin asked if I would meet him in person which I did last week. He brought along a photographer, too. I took him to a couple of the places where the girl's bodies were dumped. We spent quite a bit of time at the Franz Valley site and plenty of pictures were taken. I received word that the article is scheduled to be in this Wednesday's Chronicle! The article will not be on the internet until a day or two later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Seagull wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by Kevin Fagan, a reporter with the San Francisco Chronicle, and was asked to do an interview about the SRHM and my website. I spoke to the reporter on the phone for about an hour discussing the crimes and also told him I would try to help find some of the victims relatives and friends so they could also be interviewed. Kevin was able to make contact with a few people with mixed results.

Later in the week Kevin asked if I would meet him in person which I did last week. He brought along a photographer, too. I took him to a couple of the places where the girl's bodies were dumped. We spent quite a bit of time at the Franz Valley site and plenty of pictures were taken. I received word that the article is scheduled to be in this Wednesday's Chronicle! The article will not be on the internet until a day or two later.

Great work! Thanks for sharing and hope it will be able to be viewed.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : No. California

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:52 am

Well, a day later than expected the article appeared in today's Chronicle! I haven't read it yet, I need to go to the store and buy it. Here is a link to the picture portion of the article, the article itself will not be online until Saturday the 9th.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/07/07/MNDP1K57KC.DTL
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
Zamantha
Chief
avatar

Posts : 2053
Join date : 2010-03-05
Location : Planet Earth

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:21 pm

Seagull wrote:
Well, a day later than expected the article appeared in today's Chronicle! I haven't read it yet, I need to go to the store and buy it. Here is a link to the picture portion of the article, the article itself will not be online until Saturday the 9th.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/07/07/MNDP1K57KC.DTL


Just read the article! Kevin Fagan did another great job with his reporting. It was a wonderful write up,
covered everything and didn't miss a beat. It was nice to see our Deb aka Seagull be able to help
with all her research in this case. Yay Deb! Such a sad story as all the girls were that, just girls.
Way too young & full of life for this to have happened to them. I'm with Deb, I feel it's someone
more local to this remote area who did this terrible thing. Nevertheless, I'm happy they will be looking
into the possibly that it was Bundy. Closure would be nice, instead of always wondering.

Looks like Kevin Fagan is this generations inquisitive Chronicle Reporter. I'm liking it and hope he
continues with his sleuthing and reporting. YAY Kevin Fagan, thanks for reporting on the stories that
some of us really want the answers to. May we ask for more?

cheers

* PS I'm now known at the local convenience store & caffino's. As I raced there every morning this week,
to buy the paper.
I might actually have to subscribe to to SF Chronicle.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:40 pm

Zamantha wrote:
Seagull wrote:
Well, a day later than expected the article appeared in today's Chronicle! I haven't read it yet, I need to go to the store and buy it. Here is a link to the picture portion of the article, the article itself will not be online until Saturday the 9th.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/07/07/MNDP1K57KC.DTL


Just read the article! Kevin Fagan did another great job with his reporting. It was a wonderful write up,
covered everything and didn't miss a beat. It was nice to see our Deb aka Seagull be able to help
with all her research in this case. Yay Deb!
Such a sad story as all the girls were that, just girls.
Way too young & full of life for this to have happened to them. I'm with Deb, I feel it's someone
more local to this remote area who did this terrible thing. Nevertheless, I'm happy they will be looking
into the possibly that it was Bundy. Closure would be nice, instead of always wondering.

Looks like Kevin Fagan is this generations inquisitive Chronicle Reporter. I'm liking it and hope he
continues with his sleuthing and reporting. YAY Kevin Fagan, thanks for reporting on the stories that
some of us really want the answers to. May we ask for more?

cheers

* PS I'm now known at the local convenience store & caffino's. As I raced there every morning this week,
to buy the paper.
I might actually have to subscribe to to SF Chronicle.

I agree, good work Seagull
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
avatar

Posts : 2920
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Lake Tahoe

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:33 pm

Seagull...the best to go to for the information about this case! TOTAL dedication to the victims. I'm glad Fagan wrote about this story. So many people forget...or never knew at all. You never know what an article like this might turn up.

I too think it was someone local.

I applaud all your hard work and dedication Seagull!!
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1096
Join date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Hitch hiker murders   Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:55 am

Kevin Fagan has done a great job on both Lyndon's story and Seagulls !
I have always been curious about the Santa Rosa murders. I put all of them together, others beside the hitch hikers.
Eva Blau and Susan Dye were two I had interest in, if I remember correctly Susan was a tray person at the hospital in Santa Rosa. Eva Blau had lived in Oakland, her father or her uncle was a doctor in S.F.the other owned a print shop that my poi worked at.
I felt they were all killed by the same person. Someone who was very strong ,who could toss some of them into ravines. Bundy seems to small to do that.
Because of the timing, I thought it could be the Zodiac.
He did after all say he would change his way of collecting slaves.

Tom V. also had the Santa Rosa murders on his mind. He and I along with Ed N. went looking for the body dumps. We also looked for the place that Bundy had worked at up in Forestville. Tom had received a tip about Bundy working at a place called something Vector ? So Bundy was there for a while and did have some knowledge of that area.
I do hope that DNA will be done, to see if it is or isn't a match to Bundy.

Believe it or not my granddaughter married Bundy's nephew. Bundy's mother is still in denial, is what was told to me.
M. B. will have a field day with that one LOL.
Back to top Go down
zodio
Lieuntenant
avatar

Posts : 288
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 61

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:39 am

Sandy I'm shocked. You have a granddaughter who is married? You don't look a day over 21 yourself.
My belief is Bundy killed a few in Ca. but was not the SC killer or Z. Be good to verify who he killed though anyway.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : No. California

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:46 am

A new article about the SRHM from the Press Democrat. It's an informative article and discusses the DNA in the case.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110728/ARTICLES/110729434?Title=Unsolved-but-not-forgotten
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:10 pm

THIS ARTICLE SAID THAT SOME WERE RAPED. THERE MAY BE DNA, THANK YOU FOR THE INFO SEAGULL.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : No. California

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:13 pm

KEY, if you haven't already, please check out my website. There is tons of info about each victim and a few other things, too.

http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
Seagull
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : No. California

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:32 pm

Here is another article that names an earlier possible victim in the SRHM.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110728/ARTICLES/110729436?tc=obinsite

I was the unnamed tipster for this missing girl. Here is the text of the articles that I sent to SO back in April. I'd post the articles that I got from microfilm but they are in very poor condition.

I really wonder if this girl could be the Jane Doe found in 1979.


Press Democrat
March 28, 1971

Fears are mounting for the safety of Lisa Smith, a 17 year-old Petaluma girl, who disappeared about 7 pm on March 16. Sheriff's officials said she was last seen hitchhiking on Hearn Ave. Her parents, boyfriend and acquaintances haven't seen her since and state they know of no reason she'd take off on her own. She was last seen wearing light green bellbottom Levi's, cowboy boots, a white blouse with ruffles on the neck and sleeves and a dark blue peacoat. Anyone with information is requested to call the sheriff's office, 527-2121.

Press Democrat
March 29, 1971

Missing Girl Treated At Navato Hospital?

Sonoma County authorities are investigating whether an assault victim treated at Novato General Hospital Saturday was Lisa Smith, a 17 year-old Petalums girl missing since March 16.
The girl taken to Marin County hospital allegedly was beaten after she was picked up by a man while hitchhiking.
She identified herself to hospital authorities as Lisa Smith, but she was released after treatment. Hospital authorities believed she was 21.
Photos of the missing girl were being sent to the hospital for possible identification.
Miss Smith was last seen hitchhiking on Hearn Ave. the night of March 16.
Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:18 pm

The fact that after Stine's murder Zodiac made it known that he would kill in private (instead of publicly) To me shows that he would still need a series of nearby killings to give the police the impression he was still killing. Having those deaths near each other up in nearby Santa Rosa creams Zodiac. What are the odds of all those murders up there having no suspects? It seems zodiac was at work up there but only a blind man couldn't see his fingerprint on these killings.
Back to top Go down
Dreamnine
Lieuntenant
avatar

Posts : 250
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:42 pm

I'm not sure what to make of the hitch-hiker murders, but I don't believe it was Bundy.
Back to top Go down
zodio
Lieuntenant
avatar

Posts : 288
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 61

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:19 pm

There were murders 'Z' like but I don't believe the hitch hiker ones were his. The trailside ones seem more his style, maybe one or more of them. Mainly I think other single incidents though.
Back to top Go down
Dreamnine
Lieuntenant
avatar

Posts : 250
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:08 pm

I don't believe the Hitch-hiker murders were Bundy, either, because there is just no evidence that he was that organised as early as 72 or 73.

Certainly he could have killed before, but the killings he did embark on in 1974 seemed so sloppy and random - it really was a miracle Bundy wasn't caught much earlier than he was.

Although Bundy alluded to crimes he may have commited in California, I don't believe it was these, he certainly wasn't forthcoming. The Pocatello, Idaho killing he only confessed to right at the very end
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: SONOMA COUNTY   

Back to top Go down
 
SONOMA COUNTY
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Build a Bear pans at Williams-Sonoma
» Build-A-Bear cake pans available at Williams-Sonoma
» YNWA's Latest Addition (20 March 2010)
» Infineon Raceway (NASCAR) Lap Times
» LUZERNE County Community College

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Possible Zodiac Victims General Discussion :: All Other Possible Zodiac Victims-
Jump to: