Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:54 pm

RE: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970

I am hesitant to call some victims "possible Zodiac victims". But if they are murdered, and there is no arrest, and no sign of rape, robbery, or any other motive, and they are in the general area of Zodiac killings, I think they can be called "possible Z victims".

Deborah Wharton Beeler fits into that category. No sign of rape, or robbery.

From Feb 25,1970 Oakland Tribune:


From Feb. 26, 1970 STAR NEWS:


While this may not sound like Z initially, the following incident happened the same year, not far from her murder, and it definitely sounds like Zodiac MO:


This case remains unsolved as far as I could find. Zodiac did say he would change the way he committed murders. Could this be one?


NOTE TO AK: SEE HER LAST NAME...SOUND FAMILIAR?
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:14 pm

Lots of interesting things to think about here...she is the daughter of a man who owns an industrial company, like Valerie Percy and Linda Bricca. And the father of Cheri Jo Bates worked for a naval weapons facility.

The locale is certainly interesting...Berkeley is where Ted K lived, and a center for a lot of the counter culture and radical politics.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:34 pm

As to the last name BEELER...

There is the PA case of the Zodiac like murder of Lindy BEICHLER and the killer there wrote a letter to the Chief of Police, whom he called the Chief Pig, and opened the letter by saying to him "HI SHEELER".

Was that what you were thinking Morf?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:46 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
As to the last name BEELER...

There is the PA case of the Zodiac like murder of Lindy BEICHLER and the killer there wrote a letter to the Chief of Police, whom he called the Chief Pig, and opened the letter by saying to him "HI SHEELER".

Was that what you were thinking Morf?

Yes, probably a coincidence, but similar last name and killed in her own apartment
Back to top Go down
Roland
Police Officer
avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:03 am

Very interesting case and incident, Morf.

Is the exact date of the incident known?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zodiologists.com
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:12 am

Roland wrote:
Very interesting case and incident, Morf.

Is the exact date of the incident known?

Body found on the 24th, and she was dead for at least 24 hours, so I am guessing the 22nd- 23rd, late Sunday into Monday?
Back to top Go down
Roland
Police Officer
avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:44 pm

Thank you Morf and sorry, I meant the incident with the disabled car described in the other article above.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zodiologists.com
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:54 pm

Roland wrote:
Thank you Morf and sorry, I meant the incident with the disabled car described in the other article above.

Fall of 1970 I think (i posted it someplace here)
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:48 am

morf13 wrote:
RE: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970

I am hesitant to call some victims "possible Zodiac victims". But if they are murdered, and there is no arrest, and no sign of rape, robbery, or any other motive, and they are in the general area of Zodiac killings, I think they can be called "possible Z victims".

Deborah Wharton Beeler fits into that category. No sign of rape, or robbery.

From Feb 25,1970 Oakland Tribune:


From Feb. 26, 1970 STAR NEWS:


While this may not sound like Z initially, the following incident happened the same year, not far from her murder, and it definitely sounds like Zodiac MO:


This case remains unsolved as far as I could find. Zodiac did say he would change the way he committed murders. Could this be one?


NOTE TO AK: SEE HER LAST NAME...SOUND FAMILIAR?

ANOTHER TELEGRAPH AVE VICTIM???

Lynn Ruth Connes:

Date Missing: May 20, 1976 from Berkeley, Alameda County, California
Date of Birth: June 21, 1955
Age at Disappearance: 20
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair: Blond/Strawberry
Eyes: Green
Race/Sex: White Female

Lynn was last seen wearing a black shirt, black bell bottom pants and a tan scarf. She had on a silver ring
with an etched design. There is a scar on her lower lip and she has a freckled complexion.

Details:
Lynn was last seen at her residence in the vicinity of the 2800 block of Regent St. in Berkeley, CA. She left
her residence to meet a man named "Jeff" at a restaurant (Bateau Ivre) in the vicinity of the 2600 block of
Telegraph Ave.
An unidentified waitress indicated that a woman matching Lynn's description came to the restaurant at
10:15am. Although the restaurant was closed, the waitress let her sit at a table to wait for someone. No
one saw her leave the restaurant.
Law enforcement found Lynn's locked bicycle near the restaurant.

Agency Contact:
Berkeley Police Department
(510) 981-5900
Email: police@ci.berkeley.ca.us
Case: 27536-76
NCIC # M-162456027
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:07 am

"Lynn was last seen at her residence in the vicinity of the 2800 block of Regent St. in Berkeley, CA."

Ahh...




Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dreamnine
Lieuntenant
avatar

Posts : 250
Join date : 2010-08-02
Location : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:45 am

This is interesting..
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:55 am

AK Wilks wrote:
"Lynn was last seen at her residence in the vicinity of the 2800 block of Regent St. in Berkeley, CA."

Ahh...




Shocked

My bill will be in the mail... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:57 am

Yikes about the Regent Street thing!! affraid
Back to top Go down
tracers
Chief
avatar

Posts : 530
Join date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:45 am

I'm confused. Didn't that Berkeley incident with the two girls and volkswagon in Berkeley happen in 1968. not in70?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:35 am

tracers wrote:
I'm confused. Didn't that Berkeley incident with the two girls and volkswagon in Berkeley happen in 1968. not in70?

Yes,Fall of 1968-on Telegraph Ave, here is the article:
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1096
Join date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:34 am

Please explain to me why some of you don't see the connection to my coil wire being taken in Vallejo 68,three guy friends took one from another car, so I could go home. Then a man about 30, proceeds to follow me to Napa ?
The coil wire, is part of the distributor after all. It was reported to Napa PD,while I was getting away from the man. I saw what he looked like, and yet this isn't important ?
This was done to my car ,shortly before Lake Herman rd.
As long as one foot is nailed to the floor, you will just keep going in circles. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:26 pm

I think any cases of car tampering during the SF bay area during this time period is of interest and should be looked at.

I know the two girls in Berkeley supposedly got the plate# and somehow, the cops lost it.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
avatar

Posts : 1150
Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : No. California

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:58 pm

Another article on Deborah Beeler.



Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
Theforeigner
Chief
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2010-03-06
Age : 61
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:00 pm

AK Wilks wrote:
"Lynn was last seen at her residence in the vicinity of the 2800 block of Regent St. in Berkeley, CA."

Ahh...




Shocked

What is the story concerning that address? who wrote it, to whom and when?
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:32 pm

That is the address of Ted K. Letter is from Ted to the wilderness society 2 26 69.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:30 pm

I think another woman who lived on Regent Street was murdered too. I think she was a nurse named Barbara Perkins?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:13 am

AK Wilks wrote:
I think another woman who lived on Regent Street was murdered too. I think she was a nurse named Barbara Perkins?

You are right AK, I think I posted about 2 years ago, about a similar attack on the same street with similar circumstances, but I forget the girl's name. Maybe it was this:

Lynn Ruth Connes:

Date Missing: May 20, 1976 from Berkeley, Alameda County, California
Date of Birth: June 21, 1955
Age at Disappearance: 20
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair: Blond/Strawberry
Eyes: Green
Race/Sex: White Female

Lynn was last seen wearing a black shirt, black bell bottom pants and a tan scarf. She had on a silver ring
with an etched design. There is a scar on her lower lip and she has a freckled complexion.

Details:
Lynn was last seen at her residence in the vicinity of the 2800 block of Regent St. in Berkeley, CA. She left
her residence to meet a man named "Jeff" at a restaurant (Bateau Ivre) in the vicinity of the 2600 block of
Telegraph Ave.

An unidentified waitress indicated that a woman matching Lynn's description came to the restaurant at
10:15am. Although the restaurant was closed, the waitress let her sit at a table to wait for someone. No
one saw her leave the restaurant.
Law enforcement found Lynn's locked bicycle near the restaurant.



So this victim lived very close to the strangled teacher, and she was due to meet somebody on Telegraph Ave where the incident took place with the Bates like car ruse.
Back to top Go down
AK Wilks
Chief
avatar

Posts : 4294
Join date : 2010-03-05
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:26 pm

morf13 wrote:
AK Wilks wrote:
I think another woman who lived on Regent Street was murdered too. I think she was a nurse named Barbara Perkins?

You are right AK, I think I posted about 2 years ago, about a similar attack on the same street with similar circumstances, but I forget the girl's name. Maybe it was this:

Lynn Ruth Connes:

Date Missing: May 20, 1976 from Berkeley, Alameda County, California
Date of Birth: June 21, 1955
Age at Disappearance: 20
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair: Blond/Strawberry
Eyes: Green
Race/Sex: White Female

Lynn was last seen wearing a black shirt, black bell bottom pants and a tan scarf. She had on a silver ring
with an etched design. There is a scar on her lower lip and she has a freckled complexion.

Details:
Lynn was last seen at her residence in the vicinity of the 2800 block of Regent St. in Berkeley, CA. She left
her residence to meet a man named "Jeff" at a restaurant (Bateau Ivre) in the vicinity of the 2600 block of
Telegraph Ave.

An unidentified waitress indicated that a woman matching Lynn's description came to the restaurant at
10:15am. Although the restaurant was closed, the waitress let her sit at a table to wait for someone. No
one saw her leave the restaurant.
Law enforcement found Lynn's locked bicycle near the restaurant.



So this victim lived very close to the strangled teacher, and she was due to meet somebody on Telegraph Ave where the incident took place with the Bates like car ruse.

So we have two women who lived on Regent Street murdered.

One may have been taken on Telegraph Street, which is near Regent St., and there was a Bates like car tampering on Telegraph Street as well.

Aside from that, there was another woman killed who lived just over a mile away from TK's house on Regent St., she lived on nearby Grant St., I wrote about her years ago as a possible nature theme link victim.

Barbara Jane Perkins, 12/8/67, possible Z victim, a nurse who lived on Grant street in Berkeley, 1.4 miles from TJK residence on Regent street, found at Point Reyes National SEASHORE, head was "tucked against base of fallen TREE."
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6416
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:05 pm

AK, Point Reyes, I think there was a girl in a red dress found there too, if memory serves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970   

Back to top Go down
 
Deborah Wharton Beeler BERKELEY MURDER Feb 1970
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Kingdom Hearts Fans, prepare to murder me!!!
» On-going cases(Mainly murder!)
» 1970 Corvette ZR1 Review
» 1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
» Creepypasta: Murder Mash general discussion

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Possible Zodiac Victims General Discussion :: All Other Possible Zodiac Victims-
Jump to: