Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino

Go down 
+22
Jem
StitchMallone
Luke68
katana9q
Ricardo
Seagull
sandy betts
tracers
tahoe27
Nin
calman
bayarea60s
Quagmire
Azazel
entropy
Zamantha
Nachtsider
AK Wilks
rand
morf13
bentley
Theforeigner
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:53 am

I think there is a strong possibility that Zodiac attended school with ZODE. Even if Zode wasnt Zodiac, Zodiac may have used Zode's phrase "this is the Zodiac speaking".

I have read that Zode was class of 64, but in the letter of Zode's i posted , Zode states he graduated in 65. I thought about looking for male students that graduated the same year as Zode, plus a couple years earlier, to see if any of them lived in Vallejo in 1969. But there were about 600 male students that graduated in 64 from that school, so you can imagine what kind of task that would be. I then looked at a few of them with the initials R.H. (Bates desk poem), and found one or two possibilities, but didnt take it too far.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:48 am

Nin wrote:
morf13 wrote:
Here is a closeup of the word ZODIAC as written on the yearbook photo of ZODE. Question is, who wrote it and when?
"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 Purple10

Here is a photo of a yearbook page allegedly written by ZODE, with the signature removed.
"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 Zodewr10

For what its worth, it doesnt look to me like it matches cursive writing from the Hautz/ Riverside envelope or the Lass xmas card

That was not written by the "Zode" individual". It was written by another female classmate. I erased the name myself.

-Nin

NIN hasnt been on here in quite a while. But I hope NIN will respond soon. NIN, are you saying that the writer of this inscription is the same person that wrote ZODIAC over ZODE's photo? The ink matches. Can you PM me the name of the student that wrote this inscription?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:35 am

morf, I remember this being discussed a while back (maybe on ZKF?). I don't remember coming to any firm conclusions regarding authorship of "zodiac". Could have been that "james" was carrying around a purple pen and had people sign his yearbook with it. I recall doing the same when we received our yearbooks. Maybe nin knows.

-tbz
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:18 am

thebigZ wrote:
morf, I remember this being discussed a while back (maybe on ZKF?). I don't remember coming to any firm conclusions regarding authorship of "zodiac". Could have been that "james" was carrying around a purple pen and had people sign his yearbook with it. I recall doing the same when we received our yearbooks. Maybe nin knows.

-tbz

Thats true you are right about that.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:01 pm

morf13 wrote:
Someone emailed this to me, and as it is posted elsewhere, I will post it here as well. It was allegedly written by ZODE in 2009. YOU TELL ME WHAT STANDS OUT:

"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 Mlzzzz10

Now I cant even remember who emailed this to me....my brain is over loaded. Anyone know the origin of this??/Is it legit? If so, it directly links up with the following page from Belli's book, "My Life On Trial"
"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 Belliz10
The rest of the page is not available to me right now, but Belli in his book goes on to tell of how he was summoned to the Riverside or San Bernardino area, to take part in some sort of mock seminar, in which ZODE would be lured to attend, and police could question him about the Z case. It worked, and Zode allegedly did show, and I assume that police ruled him out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:00 pm

morf13 wrote:
morf13 wrote:
Someone emailed this to me, and as it is posted elsewhere, I will post it here as well. It was allegedly written by ZODE in 2009. YOU TELL ME WHAT STANDS OUT:

Now I cant even remember who emailed this to me....my brain is over loaded. Anyone know the origin of this??/Is it legit? If so, it directly links up with the following page from Belli's book, "My Life On Trial"
The rest of the page is not available to me right now, but Belli in his book goes on to tell of how he was summoned to the Riverside or San Bernardino area, to take part in some sort of mock seminar, in which ZODE would be lured to attend, and police could question him about the Z case. It worked, and Zode allegedly did show, and I assume that police ruled him out.

That's an article I found a while back and posted on ZKF. Still have it if you want the "unedited" version. It came from Inland Empire magazine (can't remember which issue off the top of my head). This was the link, but I don't think it works any more...

http://zoap.zinio.com/search/index.jsp;jsessionid=D882F72664C1D116EBB5E4033E892B5C.ful201a?s=leg%20mover&categoryId=1192&productId=363943459&pageRequested=2

-tbz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:12 pm

... and here's the rest of the page from Belli's book.

"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 Belli10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:23 pm

It was the June 2009 issue of Inland Empire.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:12 pm

thebigZ wrote:
morf13 wrote:
morf13 wrote:

That's an article I found a while back and posted on ZKF. Still have it if you want the "unedited" version. It came from Inland Empire magazine (can't remember which issue off the top of my head). This was the link, but I don't think it works any more...

http://zoap.zinio.com/search/index.jsp;jsessionid=D882F72664C1D116EBB5E4033E892B5C.ful201a?s=leg%20mover&categoryId=1192&productId=363943459&pageRequested=2

-tbz

Thanks, sure I would love the unedited version, you can PM me.. Do you happen to have the full page from the Belli book that mentions the incident?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:52 pm

I posted the full first page from the Belli book a post or two ago. I'll post the second one tomorrow (don't have it on this computer). I'll also PM you the "unedited" article, which basically just has Zode's name attached.

-tbz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:00 pm

I found page 2...

"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 Belli_10
Back to top Go down
calman
Inspector
calman

PostSubject: a connection???   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:47 pm

does this mean there is a connection between the big bad zode and melvin belli???? oh my!!!!
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:32 am

BIG Z...thanks a million cheers You just saved me an amazon purchase.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:36 am

calman wrote:
does this mean there is a connection between the big bad zode and melvin belli???? oh my!!!!

You tell me...

Here is Belli describing an incident that supposedly involved ZODE-
"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 Belli110
"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 Belli210

And here you have ZODE describing the same exact incident (minus the cops etc)
"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 Belli310
Back to top Go down
Nachtsider
Chief
Nachtsider

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:29 am

I seriously question if this kid Belli talked to was Zode. Katana emphatetically stated that nobody had investigated Zode, much less ruled him out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Nachtsider
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 5:55 am

What doesn't make sense to me is that LE had Belli listen to this kid in an attempt to identify Z's voice.

I thought that LE knew by 1971 that Belli hadn't even heard Z's voice as the guy calling the Dunbar show was proved to by a mental patient hoax caller? If they didn't know until later, then can we presume that LE never went back to this investigate this kid further?

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:09 am

Nachtsider wrote:
I seriously question if this kid Belli talked to was Zode. Katana emphatetically stated that nobody had investigated Zode, much less ruled him out.

How do we really know who police investigated?? There are 2500 suspects that were ruled out, and we only know a handful. And as far as whether ZODE was the kid Belli talked to, it has to be. Belli wrote it in his book, and then ZODE wrote a letter basicaly confirming exactly what Belli said. Unless ZODE knows he has been accused, and just wanted to mess with his accusers by writing this letter about the Belli meeting, there is little doubt in my mind that it actually happened.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 7:12 am

Quagmire wrote:
What doesn't make sense to me is that LE had Belli listen to this kid in an attempt to identify Z's voice.

I thought that LE knew by 1971 that Belli hadn't even heard Z's voice as the guy calling the Dunbar show was proved to by a mental patient hoax caller? If they didn't know until later, then can we presume that LE never went back to this investigate this kid further?

The autobiography DID say that they wanted to see if ZODE sounded like the "same sick caller" on the Dunbar show. And this FBI memo dated Feb 1970, shows that by this date, police knew that the caller on the Dunbar shows was Eric Weil.

"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 Bellim10

I cant exlain the alleged Belli meeting with ZODE in January 1971 to compare his voice with the Dunbar caller, when police knew the caller's ID in early 1970. Maybe they didnt tell Belli that they knew the caller's ID at that point? Maybe the real Z did in fact call Belli and it wasnt released to the public? I hate to think they ruled this kid out by voice alone. I hope they took prints, etc. Belli said that handwriting was INCONCLUSIVE....that means that they cant rule him in OR out as being the author of the Z letters.
Back to top Go down
Quagmire
Chief
Quagmire

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:01 am

It's certainly intriguing. Because the case was so high profile and involved so many LE personnel, thousands of suspects and so many man hours, I do wonder if the police could have skimmed over too many good suspects.

One example is that records appear that LE looked into Richard Gaikowski and thought his handwriting was consistant enough to check him out. They asked him for his passport to prove he was out of the country in December 68 and he said he'd lost it - it doesn't appear that this was followed up on any further.

Perhaps LE thought that this kid's writing (Zode?) was inconclusive and as the voice didn't match they put him towards the bottom of a very long list of suspects where he was forgotten about? I do get the feeling that Z himself was on the wider list of suspects at some point but not deemed worthy of a follow up. (This is exactly what happened some years later with Ted Bundy.)
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 10:57 am

Quagmire wrote:
It's certainly intriguing. Because the case was so high profile and involved so many LE personnel, thousands of suspects and so many man hours, I do wonder if the police could have skimmed over too many good suspects.

One example is that records appear that LE looked into Richard Gaikowski and thought his handwriting was consistant enough to check him out. They asked him for his passport to prove he was out of the country in December 68 and he said he'd lost it - it doesn't appear that this was followed up on any further.

Perhaps LE thought that this kid's writing (Zode?) was inconclusive and as the voice didn't match they put him towards the bottom of a very long list of suspects where he was forgotten about? I do get the feeling that Z himself was on the wider list of suspects at some point but not deemed worthy of a follow up. (This is exactly what happened some years later with Ted Bundy.)

Quag, thats very possible. I wish we knew the truth, from Zode's mouth himself. If he really used to call himself Zodiac & said "this is the Z speaking", that is very powerful in my opinion. Maybe he wasnt Z, but maybe he was friends or classmates with the real Z, and didnt even know it. For all we know, maybe Zode had a good friend or fellow classmate that moved to the Vallejo area after graduation, and he could be of assistance to police.

Riverside & San Bernardino are only 13 miles apart or so, so it is not a stretch to think that someone from San Bernardino could be involved with the Bates case in Riverside. Also ZODE, and his fellow classmates, were about the same age as Bates, so perhaps they were friends with her, or attended the same college with her.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 12:50 pm

I have heard discussion that there are different yearbook photos that say ZODIAC over Zode's photo, and these different yearbooks people have seen are in two different colors of ink. ANyone know if this is true? Anyone seen them? I have only seen the one.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 1:14 pm

This news article shows in fact that Belli WAS at this Riverside University in late Jan/Early Feb, 1971-
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=GxExAAAAIBAJ&sjid=KOAFAAAAIBAJ&pg=5707,245808&dq=melvin-belli+riverside-university&hl=en

As does this one-
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,944319,00.html

There can be no doubt that Belli was there around the time he claims he was!
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: Zode   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 11:14 pm

I think this Zode guy needs to be checked out. I also think that we should look at everyone's suspect, and eliminate or prove he is the Z. For someone to call himself Zodiac before any Z killings is someone we need to look at for sure.
We are doing a silly dance guessing about everything , lets get down to business ! Take each one , "one at a time" and see if they have a paper trail starting in southern Calif. and moving to Northern Caif at the correct times.
It is obvious that the Z either worked in Vallejo or lived there in 1968 /69. He was too comfortable with his killings there, not to have known Vallejo as well as he did. It is my contention that he went to San Francisco to kill Paul Stine, just to make LE wonder where the killer did in fact live. Too much was pointing to the Vallejo area, at that time.
Sure he could have moved to SF for a short time. All the better if we can show all of those places our suspect living at for a while.
A traveling salesman or a trucker who went back and forth, would work for this killer. He may have worked at something that he didn't mind getting his hands dirty. I say this because of the lake Berryessa Stabbings. Someone who liked to stay very neat and clean, couldn't do something so messy I wouldn't think anyway.

I watch a lot of true profiling stories. So from that I would say, if the he started his killings in 1963, he could have been about 25 yrs old then. In 1969 he would have been 31 ( that's in the right ball park for the Z's age then )
He would be in his early 70's now, if we go those calculations.
So he is still capable of killing, if he is fairly healthy.
The three Taurus signs that I believe are three 8's, might have been a clue to the year he was born, 19"38" ?
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:44 pm

1963 - Sophomore

"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 Zlak310

1964 - Junior

"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 Zlak112

1965 - Senior

"ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 Zlak211

...guess he could have taken thick-rimmed glasses (as described) off, but no photos show him w/glasses.

Last edited by tahoe27 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:45 pm

[quote="tahoe27...guess he could have taken thick-rimmed glasses (as described) off, but no photos show him w/glasses.
[/quote]

Tahoe, I have seen a handful of pics of ZODE, where did yopu find that one? I never saw that one.

Last edited by morf13 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino   "ZODE" from  Pacific High School in San Bernardino - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

"ZODE" from Pacific High School in San Bernardino
Page 12 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next