Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cindy Lee Mellin

Go down 
+3
Seagull
morf13
Zamantha
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
morf13
Admin
morf13

Cindy Lee  Mellin - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cindy Lee Mellin   Cindy Lee  Mellin - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Seagull wrote:
Great job, Morf! It's good to know a little more about the case.

I also have found corresponding records for a 'SAMUEL ROPER' with the same exact date of birth as Cole,and same date of death....wow

EDIT: actually the same date of birth but different date of death still,I have little doubt that since Cole used the name 'sam roper' as an alias, and since they both have same date of birth this is where he got the alias from
Back to top Go down
Quicktrader
Chief
Quicktrader

PostSubject: Re: Cindy Lee Mellin   Cindy Lee  Mellin - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:10 pm

Wow...the Riverside connection is hot..this is what I know about the Cindy Lee Mellin case:

Authorities believe that Cindy was abducted from the San Buenaventura shopping center after her shift at the Broadway Department store where she worked part time. Cindy was last seen in the parking lot at work with an unknown white male adult who appeared to assist in changing her flat tire. Having left work in the evening at 9.40 pm, she was last seen by co-workers standing next to her car in the shopping center parking lot while an unidentified male changed her tire. When she failed to return home that night, her father went to the shopping center, finding the car still up on a jack with a flat tire still attached. He said the tire of the vehicle was flat and it was up on a bumper jack. He said the spare tire was laying nearby and the doors and trunk, along with the glove compartment, were open. A closer examination determined that her tire had been deliberately punctured with a sharp instrument on the sidewall. Police theorized that her abductor tampered with her car, waited for her to come out,then offered to help her. (much like the 1966 Cheri Jo Bates case in Riverside) Cindy has not been found. Her father as well noted that his daughter was unable to operate a jack and did not know how to change a tire. Police said an investigation revealed that two of Cindy's co-workers had been picked up by their husbands and drove by Cindy's car about 10:30 p.m.. The co-workers said they saw Cindy standing by the car with a tall, slim man, between the ages of 35 and 40, jacking up her automobile. Cindy was last seen wearing a dark blue dress with red buttons, a brown corduroy coat and blue shoes. She had on a gold pearl ring and was wearing her contact lenses.

She never has been found..

QT

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Cindy Lee Mellin   Cindy Lee  Mellin - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:19 pm

I think the reason the Mellin case is so interesting is that it combines elements of both the Kathleen Johns & Cheri Jo Bates attacks. I am starting to grow a little wary of this being a zodiac crime,but I have always had a soft spot for both Cindy & Cheri in my heartmand I long to see their cases solved,zodiac related or not. Cheri's Dad died never knowing who killed his Daughter,as did both of Cindy's parents. As a father of a 2 year old myself,I would never stop looking for somebody that hurt my Daughter, and can only imagine the grief the Families of these 2 girls felt. Cheri was murdered horrifically, but at the very least, her Family was able to lay her to rest. Cindy's Family has never had even the comfort of saying their final goodbyes. These are two really hard cases from my own personal standpoint.
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Cindy Lee Mellin   Cindy Lee  Mellin - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Here are 2 links to very interesting videos about the Zodiac killer.

In Part 1 there is interresting old video of the 1963 Domingos/Edwards case murder scene !!!.

In part 2 there is talked about the Cindy Lee Mellin case and the suspect Edward Nelson Cole.
Unfortunatly no image of Edward Nelson Cole.

http://www.keyt.com/news/key-news-investigates/4657481.html

KEY News Special Report: Zodiac Killer Part 1
Written by Alys Martinez

Story Created: Nov 15, 2006 at 2:38 PM PST
Story Updated: Nov 4, 2011 at 1:39 PM PST

http://www.keyt.com/news/local/4670276.html (including the Cindy Lee Mellin case)

KEY News Special Report: Zodiac Killer Part 2
Written by Alys Martinez

Story Created: Nov 16, 2006 at 3:42 PM PST
Story Updated: Nov 4, 2011 at 1:38 PM PST
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Cindy Lee Mellin   Cindy Lee  Mellin - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:26 pm

morf13 wrote:
Seagull wrote:
Great job, Morf! It's good to know a little more about the case.

I also have found corresponding records for a 'SAMUEL ROPER' with the same exact date of birth as Cole,and same date of death....wow

EDIT: actually the same date of birth but different date of death still,I have little doubt that since Cole used the name 'sam roper' as an alias, and since they both have same date of birth this is where he got the alias from

Morf I have reseached the Samuel Roper guy you refere to, and I´m 99% sure he is NOT the Edward Nelson Cole/ Sam Roper guy.

He is in South Carolina for many years and his middle name is Wendell, his relatives are non of the names connected to Melody Lee Cole and ENC.

Edward Nelson Cole died in Florida Feb 5, 2005 (born Nov 11, 1935)
Samuel W Rope died in South Caroline 19 May 1995 (born Nov 11, 1935)

Here is my reseach on him, you can deleet it when you have read it due to he is probably NOT indentical with the Cindy Lee Mellin case:

People Search: ROPER, SAMUEL born 11/16/1935

Name/AKAs Phone Address City, State Possible Relatives
1. ROPER, SAMULE WENDELL JR (Age 77)

Associated names:

ROPER, SAMUEL
ROPER, SAMUEL W

CHARLESTON, SC

Social Security Death Index
about Samuel W. Roper
Name: Samuel W. Roper
SSN: 250-64-2821
Last Residence: 29403 Charleston, Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America
Born: 16 Nov 1935
Died: 19 May 1995
State (Year) SSN issued: South Carolina (1956)

U.S. Phone and Address Directories, 1993-2002
about Samule Wendell, Jr Roper
Name: Samule Wendell, Jr Roper
Address: 34 Cypress St
City: Charleston
State: South Carolina
Zip Code: 29403-3406
Phone Number: 803-722-1760
Residence Years: 1997

U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1
about Samuel W Roper Jr
Name: Samuel W Roper Jr
Birth Date: 16 Nov 1935
Phone Number: 722-1760
Address: 34 Cypress St, Charleston, SC, 29403-3406 (1992)

People Search: 34 CYPRESS CHARLESTON, SC
<< Search Again

5 Matches Found (100 max.)

Name/AKAs Phone Address City, State Possible Relatives
1. Available
Available(4) Available CHARLESTON, SC
View Details
2. Available
Available(5) Available CHARLESTON, SC Possible Roommates / Associates:

ROPER, EUGENE (Age 53)
View Details
3. Available
Available(5) Available STONE MOUNTAIN, GA
CHARLESTON, SC
DECATUR, GA
MONCKS CORNER, SC Possible Relatives:

MCLAURINROPER, YVETTE (Age 48)
ROPER, YVETTE
ROPER, YVETTE R (Age 48)

Possible Roommates / Associates:

ROPER, MARY E (Age 72)
MCLAURIN, ANTWAUN L (Age 64)
View Details
4. Available
Available(2) Available CHARLESTON, SC
SUMTER, SC Possible Relatives:

CLARK, ROPER TANYA (Age 38)

Possible Roommates / Associates:

HOLMES, CHARLES R
View Details
5. Available
Available(1) Available CHARLESTON, SC

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Cindy Lee Mellin   Cindy Lee  Mellin - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:56 pm

The 11/16/36 Date of birth for that Sam Roper ghuy you found in South Carolina,matches the same exact date of birth as Edward Nelson Cole. I am not sure how,but I will bet the farm that Cole somehow got Roper's info and knew his date of birth was the same as him,and chose to use his name as an alias. Seagull thinks that that Sam Roper was originally from New York, as was Cole
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Cindy Lee Mellin   Cindy Lee  Mellin - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:14 pm

This sexoffender Edward N Cole, born 10/8/1967 from Florida, I belive is the son of "our" Edward Nelson Cole born Now 16, 1935 .
SO I belive this sexoffender, Edward N Cole, is also a brother, or half brother, of Melody Lee Cole aka Melody Ann Smart aka Melody Lee Greco aka Melody Lee Ahmed. There are several Florida mugshots of Melody Lee Ahmed (correct DOB)

sexoffender Edward N Cole, born 10/8/1967 from Florida:
http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/NY23282/Edward-N-Cole.html

In the address, 622 MUSKRAT DR, KISSIMMEE, FL 34759, connected to the sexoffender Edward N Cole, born 10/8/1967, both "our" 77 year old Edward Nelson Cole (now dead) and also several other of the correct relatives of both Melody Lee Cole etc, and "our" Edward Nelson Cole is listed.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Cindy Lee Mellin   Cindy Lee  Mellin - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:37 pm

Theforeigner wrote:

This sexoffender Edward N Cole, born 10/8/1967 from Florida, I belive is the son of "our" Edward Nelson Cole born Now 16, 1935 .
SO I belive this sexoffender, Edward N Cole, is also a brother, or half brother, of Melody Lee Cole aka Melody Ann Smart aka Melody Lee Greco aka Melody Lee Ahmed. There are several Florida mugshots of Melody Lee Ahmed (correct DOB)

sexoffender Edward N Cole, born 10/8/1967 from Florida:
http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/NY23282/Edward-N-Cole.html

In the address, 622 MUSKRAT DR, KISSIMMEE, FL 34759, connected to the sexoffender Edward N Cole, born 10/8/1967, both "our" 77 year old Edward Nelson Cole (now dead) and also several other of the correct relatives of both Melody Lee Cole etc, and "our" Edward Nelson Cole is listed.

That sex offender, IS INDEED his son.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cindy Lee Mellin   Cindy Lee  Mellin - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cindy Lee Mellin
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zodiackillersite :: Possible Zodiac Victims General Discussion :: All Other Possible Zodiac Victims-
Jump to: