Zodiackillersite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zodiackillersite

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ZODIAC KILLER - ALWAYS FREE TO JOIN, NO FEES EVER!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zodiac Suspects named in police reports

Go down 
+8
StitchMallone
patinky
tahoe27
entropy
smithy
Seagull
Nachtsider
morf13
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
patinky
Captain
patinky

Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:31 pm

Two things stood out in Bailey's article: his voice is different in style and tone than the Zodiac communications and Bailey uses a lot of quotation-mark enclosures which Zodiac didn't use. Writing habits are hard to break.

Bailey seems to be defending and justifying his behavior and lifestyle. Zodiac communications didn't. I see that as indicating Bailey had a passive personality while Zodiac seemed totally aggressive. Z offered no explanations other than a "hey, I like doing it...deal with it" attitude.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:00 pm

D.B. (Still alive)

Appears multiple times in reports. On 7/11/69, The 24 yr old Was questioned about buying 9mm bullets on 6/20/69. He stated he bought these bullets for a 'friend' from San fran who owned a 9mm,but couldnt buy the shells himself because he was on parole. Was questioned about his whereabouts on 7/4/69 and said he went to San Jose with a friend to see the friend's girlfriend.

The friend was:
Joseph N. Zumwalt
Birth:
21 Jan 1947
Death:
20 Jul 2005 - Vallejo, Solano, California
Civil:
California

When police pulled [redacted] over, he was carrying a loaded 9mm p38 gun,fully loaded,one in the chamber. He was arrested. Along with him in the car was:

Name: James Phillip Flowers, Jr
Birth: 7 Jul 1950
Death: 23 Dec 1994 - Linn

While Flowers was being searched, police found a .32 caliber handgun. The two said they were going to have a fight with "some Guy" and that teh guy had a shotgun. DB stated he borrowed the gun from the ex-con in San Fran,but refuses to name the subject. I didnt see any mention of D.B.'s car,make,model,or color. Reminds me of the William Crow incident,I think he reported seeing two men in the car on LHR that gave him trouble on the night of the LHR murders.Two guys with guns cruising around is a little weird. One of them refusing to name the 'ex-con' that gave him the gun in SF. I checked D.B. out,and he appears to have various police records for assorted things in the state of Oregon,as well as a fish & game offense in TN.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Danny Olon Price
SSN:
572-68-2199
Last Residence:
95207 Stockton, San Joaquin, California, United States of America
Born:
9 Jan 1951
Died:
16 Jun 1993State (Year) SSN issued:California (1963)

Danny Price told fellow inmates in jail where he was serving time for some crime, that he was ressponsible for the Lake Herman Rd murders.
Inmates stated that Price was always making peace symbols. Reported that while he was in jail in Branch county, he drew a peace symbol on the shower wall with a line drawn thru the circle. He drove a red Chevy Nova. I believe that Price stated he was drunk if he told people that,but I cant find it in the report. I also think his prints and/or writing were examined.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Edmond Virgil Mann
3 Mar 1949 - California
29 Dec 1979 - Contra Costa

A couple people turned in Mann as a suspect. They stated he looked like the Zodiac sketch,and had access to multiple guns thru his Father. He didnt live with his Father,but rather his Aunt. Not sure how,when,or if he was ruled out.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:50 pm

M.G. (Still alive)

9/8/70 An informant turned him in as a suspect, but he was said to never have been on a date with a girl. He acted odd,always walked with his head down, and owned multiple guns. He was about 5fy10,and weighed between 180-200 lbs.He worked at Union Oil. On 11/15/67,he was booked on 2 counts of manslaughter stemming from a traffic accident on hwy 37. Not sure what his sentence was. He knewalot about Lake Berryessa and that area. He talked quite frequently about the Zodiac murders, and mentioned two other possible victims killed by Z that had not been associated with Z. The report mentions that his print card and booking sheet from the manslaughter arrest would be sent to FBI for consideration. I have no way of knowing if that was carried out. This guy sounds like a real interesting suspect,almost like 'Zode' from San Bernardino. I checked,and he still lives in Solano County and has never been married
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Name: John R. Zrelak
Birth Date: 19 Oct 1919
Death Date: 25 Apr 2005
Branch 1: AirForce
Enlistment Date 1: 8 Aug 1949
Release Date 1: 29 Sep 1964

Turned in by somebody. Supposedly, Zrelak wore wingwalker boots. Described as 5ft10,180 lbs,worked for the state as a toll collector.As far as I can determine,his prints were checked against Zodiac's,and did not match.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:07 pm

J.B.(still alive)

5/16/75, FBI Idaho Office recived a tip that JB,age 54-55 should be considered a Z suspect. It was determined that he lived in Riverside. His prints were checked against Zodiac,and no match was found.
This was an odd one, in that the FBI office in Idaho of all places got a tip about JB who was living in Riverside. Weird.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:13 pm

E.C. (still alive)

EC is NOT listed in any reports that I have seen,but he IS confirmed to be on the zodiac suspect list in at least one jurisdiction. Foreigner & Seagull have helped me dig into this guy,with not much luck. He graduated from HS in the San Diego area in 1962. He is listed in the 1965 Directory in Riverside. All of his records and listings are in the Riverside area. He was in the Air Force for 20+years. I have a sample of his writing which looks nothing like Z,with the exception of the letter F,which is a dead match to Zodiac's on Hartnell's car door. He had a son that died in Riverside in the 60's, and a Daughter that was born in early 69 in Riverside. Everything seems to point to Riverside with this guy,but obviously,he must have a bay area connection to be on the official suspect list. Foreigner found one possible listing for him in SF,or at least,somebody with his initials and close to his name.
Back to top Go down
StitchMallone
Chief

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:36 pm

morf13 wrote:
E.C. (still alive)

EC is NOT listed in any reports that I have seen,but he IS confirmed to be on the zodiac suspect list in at least one jurisdiction. Foreigner & Seagull have helped me dig into this guy,with not much luck. He graduated from HS in the San Diego area in 1962. He is listed in the 1965 Directory in Riverside. All of his records and listings are in the Riverside area. He was in the Air Force for 20+years. I have a sample of his writing which looks nothing like Z,with the exception of the letter F,which is a dead match to Zodiac's on Hartnell's car door. He had a son that died in Riverside in the 60's, and a Daughter that was born in early 69 in Riverside. Everything seems to point to Riverside with this guy,but obviously,he must have a bay area connection to be on the official suspect list. Foreigner found one possible listing for him in SF,or at least,somebody with his initials and close to his name.
This guy sounds like TV's Sam.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:21 pm

morf13 wrote:
Aubrey Bailey LETTER TO THE EDITOR of a gay magazine:
Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 Aubrey16
Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 Aubrey17
Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 Aubrey18

One more:
Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 Aubrey19
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:39 pm

Nachtsider wrote:
Griffin was an interesting guy. Tall enough and large enough to be Zodiac, served in the Air Force, mentally ill with a known propensity for violence, had a home in Vallejo. Too bad the prints didn't match.

I just read Griffin was 6'2 and 223 lbs. Did anyone ever find a photo of him?

http://www.zodiackiller.com/DOJ22.html
Back to top Go down
Theforeigner
Chief
Theforeigner

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:50 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:
Griffin was an interesting guy. Tall enough and large enough to be Zodiac, served in the Air Force, mentally ill with a known propensity for violence, had a home in Vallejo. Too bad the prints didn't match.

I just read Griffin was 6'2 and 223 lbs. Did anyone ever find a photo of him?

http://www.zodiackiller.com/DOJ22.html

Griffin Raymond Franklin is no longer alive.

I have not been able to find any picture of Griffin Raymond Franklin, but here is what I could find:

California Birth Index, 1905-1995
about Griffin Raymond Franklin
Name: Griffin Raymond Franklin
Birth Date: 11 Jan 1949
Mother's Maiden Name: Crumpton
Birth County: Solano

Social Security Death Index
about Griffin R. Franklin
Name: Griffin R. Franklin
SSN: 555-62-9562
Last Residence: 94533 Fairfield, Solano, California, United States of America
Born: 11 Jan 1949
Died: 8 Feb 1999
State (Year) SSN issued: California (1960)

U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2
about Griffin R Franklin
Name: Griffin R Franklin
Address: 114 Hollywood Ave, Vallejo, CA, 94591-7926

U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2
about Griffin R Franklin
Address: 1101 Kellogg St 2, Fairfield, CA, 94533

U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1
about Griffin R Franklin
Address: PO Box 2181, Fairfield, CA, 94533-0218 (1991)

Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 12:24 am

He is NOT in the 1967 Vallejo HS yearbook as a Senior or A Junior, nor is he in the 1967 Hogan High School yearbook as a Senior or Junior.
Back to top Go down
Seagull
Chief
Seagull

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 1:16 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:16 am

Seagull wrote:
There's a thread on Griffin

https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t1408-griffin-raymond

Thanks for the link,I had forgotten about it. I would have saved myself another trip searching the tearbooks for him. I can send for his military file I guess. The thing that bothers me is,this guy certainly would have been near the top of any suspect list. I hope they used more than his Mom's alibi,and the flimsy stuff they mention about him. Question is,if he got a weekend pass that weekend,does that mean he was in the hospital on weekdays? If so,he may very well have been there on weekdays when Z letters were mailed from SanFran.

He has to be in one of those 66-68 yearbooks in Vallejo HS or Hogan HS. We need to see if somebody can go to Solano County library and look thur yearbooks. Also,were there any other highschools,or private schools in Vallejo back then?Maybe catholic school?

Franklin joined the military on 5/1/68,which means, he must have graduated in 1967,assuming that High schools back then graduated like they do now around June. Maybe beck then,you did not have to be a high school graduate. When you take the ASVAB tests to get in the military,the Air Force requires the highest scores to qualify,so he likely was reasonably smart. Also of interest, he died at age 50,pretty young. Wonder what cause of death was? Suicide?

Last edited by morf13 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:24 am

bentley wrote:
If your looking for an "alternative" suspect for LB, or maybe even other of the crimes as he was from Vallejo, I think you could do worse than this guy, Griffin Raymond something. It's confusing, there are several Raymonds mentioned in the LB reports, anyone ever bothered to sort it out? Check out his size compared to the chickadee witnesses. He apparently had his prints checked against the phone booth, maybe.

So mom gave him an alibi. Check out this recent bit of news. Mom covered his ass, then dropped a dime from her deathbed. There is hope. Anyway I can see the Napa patient Griffin reading about the cipher slayer and doing a bit of imitating, no?

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/national/cold-case-solved-man-convicted-for-murder-of--year/article_b5365e5d-3677-5068-a437-f00a1867d8fb.html

Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 410

Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 510

I quoted this from Bentley at the other thread on this guy.

Bentley was right,there were a few Rymonds mentioned.

Raymond Gann(which is mentioned a little further back in this thread) and then:

Raymond Allen Wise

Name: Raymond Allen Wise?
Birth: 3 Mar 1923 - California
Death: 22 Feb 1983 - Butte

I have no idea how or why he is a suspect, but there is mention of him in the LB report and that his latent fingerprints were being compared to Z "to the best extent possible". He was in the Navy.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:09 am

GORDON ARTHUR SPENCE-

Gordon Arthur Spence

15 May 1948-8 Jan 2008 -
Death Newark, Alameda, California, United States of America

Spence was the guy that supposedly got Darlene pregnanat while she was married to Dean,or at least Darrlene told him she might be pregnant. He was in the navy attending training school in CT.He grew up in the Fremont area. Claims when he came home for leave,he didnt contact her or have anything to do with her
Back to top Go down
sandy betts
Chief
sandy betts

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 1:00 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:

Let's hope it wasn't only the prints they considered.

Until you find TWO crimes with matching prints, tire tracks, hair samples, etc., how can any of that be used to eliminate a suspect?

Still bugs me how doctors thought Griffin could be capable of such a crime, yet they gave him a weekend pass. Suspect

Sadly but true, it was a well known fact that the mental patients at Napa State Hospital received weekend passes. I lived only a couple of blocks from that hospital in 1968-69, my neighbors and I would discuss the problems with them having those passes. We convinced each other that if a patient were to escape, he / she would go as far away as they could from that area.
The grocery store on Imola ave across the street from that hospital, had the same white plastic clothes line that was used at Lake Berryessa.
I know that because that is where I bought mine.
We would see patients buying candy and snacks at that store many times . It is hard to believe that they had all the freedom they needed, to do what ever they liked.

Morf, on that Lake B report page 30 , it showed another suspect a Raymond G --------, Glenn W. ------ DOB 1-30-29 ,do you have their information ? Also on that page was something about an "Charlie Brown Card" on file, is there a picture of that card some place that you know of ?
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 1:08 pm

sandy betts wrote:
tahoe27 wrote:
Nachtsider wrote:

Let's hope it wasn't only the prints they considered.

Until you find TWO crimes with matching prints, tire tracks, hair samples, etc., how can any of that be used to eliminate a suspect?

Still bugs me how doctors thought Griffin could be capable of such a crime, yet they gave him a weekend pass. Suspect

Sadly but true, it was a well known fact that the mental patients at Napa State Hospital received weekend passes. I lived only a couple of blocks from that hospital in 1968-69, my neighbors and I would discuss the problems with them having those passes. We convinced each other that if a patient were to escape, he / she would go as far away as they could from that area.
The grocery store on Imola ave across the street from that hospital, had the same white plastic clothes line that was used at Lake Berryessa.
I know that because that is where I bought mine.
We would see patients buying candy and snacks at that store many times . It is hard to believe that they had all the freedom they needed, to do what ever they liked.

Morf, on that Lake B report page 30 , it showed another suspect a Raymond G --------, Glenn W. ------ DOB 1-30-29 ,do you have their information ? Also on that page was something about an "Charlie Brown Card" on file, is there a picture of that card some place that you know of ?

GLENN W. ALBERTSON

Name: Glenn W. Albertson
Birth: 30 Jan 1929
Death: 5 Jun 2000 - Vallejo, Solano, California, United States of America
Civil: Minnesota

Had spent time in Napa state mental Hospital. Mentioned in multiple reports. I think I remember that he was the author of a 'Charlie Brown' card,that was sent to the FBI for examination against Zodiac's writing. I checked him out and found out he was in some sort of carpet sales business,and obtained a permit in 1974 to do some sort of door to door sales of carpet sales or shampooing,etc

Not sure what became of the Halloween card. Napa can not locate it,and I was not able to get a copy of it from the FBI. Somewhere in one of the reports,I think it was Solano County or Vallejo, there is mention of his writing "contains many similarities when compared with Zodiac". Unable to locate a photo of him.
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 1:23 pm

In the 1955 GLENDALE UNION ACADEMY yearbook in Glendale,CA, there is a guy named GLEN ALBERTSON,very interesting looking,round face,glasses,overall Z appearance. However,I have trouble thinking this would be him, since his Daughter was born in October,1955 in Minnesota. plus,I think Glendale Union Acadmy is a high school,and not a college,and the right Glenn Albertson would have graduated around 1947.
Back to top Go down
Scared Kid
Sergeant
Scared Kid

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:25 pm

morf13 wrote:
Seagull wrote:
There's a thread on Griffin

https://zodiackillersite.forummotion.com/t1408-griffin-raymond

He has to be in one of those 66-68 yearbooks in Vallejo HS or Hogan HS. We need to see if somebody can go to Solano County library and look thur yearbooks. Also,were there any other highschools,or private schools in Vallejo back then?Maybe catholic school?

I grew up near the Hollywood Street address and knew Griffin's brother. I do not remember Griffin. He would have gone to Hogan High School and not Vallejo High based on where they lived.

There was a Catholic HS, St. Vincent's in Vallejo, and then it was separated into Boys and Girls only schools. St. Patrick's was the boys school and graduated the first class in the late 60's or early 70's. I can almost guarantee that he did not go to St. Pats.
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:45 pm

Scared Kid wrote:
I can almost guarantee that he did not go to St. Pats.

Can you elaborate why you think this? Please don't tell it's because it was a Catholic school. Smile
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:48 pm

morf13 wrote:
GORDON ARTHUR SPENCE-

Gordon Arthur Spence

15 May 1948-8 Jan 2008 -
Death Newark, Alameda, California, United States of America

Spence was the guy that supposedly got Darlene pregnanat while she was married to Dean,or at least Darrlene told him she might be pregnant. He was in the navy attending training school in CT.He grew up in the Fremont area. Claims when he came home for leave,he didnt contact her or have anything to do with her

And still a valid suspect imo.

His hair was described as curly, he was stocky....and I think had a big head. hahaha

Interesting too is he did eventually try and find her. Seems like it wasn't long after her death.

Edit: He tried to find her in August. Odd...he acted like he didn't want anything to do with her, then goes looking for her. Maybe he was trying to get a feel for the status of the case. Suspect
Back to top Go down
tahoe27
Chief
tahoe27

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:00 pm

GARY XXXXXXX

In the LHR reports we have a GARY XXXXXXXX --- I believe it was "Nickalatos". (I think Seagull found that one?)

http://www.zodiackiller.com/LHRPR56.html

And....LB. We have a GARY XXXXXXXX....a long last name:

http://www.zodiackiller.com/LBReport19.html

While it states Bryan knew the guy and didn't fit the description, I find the last names curious. Might not be Zodiac, but COULD it be the same Gary??
Back to top Go down
morf13
Admin
morf13

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:03 pm

tahoe27 wrote:
GARY XXXXXXX

In the LHR reports we have a GARY XXXXXXXX --- I believe it was "Nickalatos". (I think Seagull found that one?)

http://www.zodiackiller.com/LHRPR56.html

And....LB. We have a GARY XXXXXXXX....a long last name:

http://www.zodiackiller.com/LBReport19.html

While it states Bryan knew the guy and didn't fit the description, I find the last names curious. Might not be Zodiac, but COULD it be the same Gary??

There were a couple guy snamed Gary in those reports.

Gary S. that Cecelia knew, Gary N,and a whole different Gary N. (possibly misspelled,but same guy possibly)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zodiac Suspects named in police reports   Zodiac Suspects named in police reports - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zodiac Suspects named in police reports
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next